Photo

Malaysian Grand Prix

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flyboy

flyboy

• 387 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 23:47

Does anyone have any insight or recommendations about attending the Malaysian Grand Prix?

Advertisement

#2 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:53

Hotels are in K.L, the track is an hour from town. Anywhere in the mall is good veiwing, as well as K1. Most importantly, you NEVER get used to the HUMIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 16:42

Malaysia is AWESOME! If you have the chance to go I really really recommend it. I had the chance to go in 2005 and it was amazing. Beautiful city, incredible track, and very friendly people.

Transportation is not a problem. At least in 05 they had shuttle buses from the Airport (KLIA) to Sepang. They had a package that included transportation from KL Sentral to Sepang and back for all 3 days for 80 riingits if I remember correctly.

I had K1 Platinum tickets, really good view of T1.

Hope you enjoy it! :up:

#4 scarsurfing

scarsurfing

• 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 21:47

<bump>
i am going this year and would like to hear some more reviews, i noticed from tv the hillsides were empty at turns 4,5,6 why dont they use these anymore?

#5 clipper

clipper

• 825 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:22

<bump>
i am going this year and would like to hear some more reviews, i noticed from tv the hillsides were empty at turns 4,5,6 why dont they use these anymore?

hillside is for the locals. There is no food outlets and little or no shade.

mushroom (last corner) is where we've been which is great seeing the cars into down the back straight, into the last corner, out onto the front straight. You get to see the cars come through turns 7,8 and 9

only problem is no big screen so fanvision is a must.

#6 f1madmatt

f1madmatt

• 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 15:23

<bump>

Hi, I went to the Malaysian Gp in 2010, and we sat at the hillstands K2 at turn 3/4. There were food and drink outlets on the hill, and the main plaza is about 2 minute walk away, with a couple of restaurants/ food outlets. I think the ticket was about £28. Yes, it is hot there, but I've sat in the grandstand at turn 1 and it was equally as hot. Absolutlely loved the race weekend, got 10 drivers autographs including Button, Vettel & Hamilton. The circuit is about 1hr from KL city centre, and is about 12 ringgets return.

Edited by f1madmatt, 20 January 2012 - 15:41.

#7 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:47

I'm flying in the morning of the race as you can't buy 1 day tickets, I bought the undercover Hillside - hope its ok!! Staying in Sepang as we don't arrive into KL until 11.40 on race day and only going to sleep there and fly back to Singapore early next am so wasn't too worried about where I stay and didn't really have time for the 1 hour trip into town and then another hour back ..plus I hate KL

all up air fares from Singapore, hotel and race tickets $182SGD - so cheap!

#8 RobertoLarcos

RobertoLarcos

• 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:33

I went to last year's race and had a great time. I won't be going this year due to work.

On the Friday, I think they only open the main grandstand for fans. You can sit anywhere you like. The views are superb - you can see the cars for quite a long time compared to other circuits.

The inside of the final corner, the 'Tower' section of the grandstand, is a great place to watch. You see loads of lock-ups and D'Ambrosio crashed here as well last year.

For people attending on the Friday, there is a pit lane walk late in the afternoon. You should definitely do this.

Incidentally, a few of my mates managed to sneak into the paddock late on Sunday evening and met a lot of the drivers...was well jealous!