Photo

Goodwood 20th August, 1960

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hatrat

hatrat

• 339 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 23:09

In the BARC Formula Junior Championship race held at Goodwood on 20 August 1960, Juan Manuel Bordeu drove a Fitzwilliam Team Lola Mk 2 (car number 31). There were two qualifying heats and he was 8th in the first heat which qualified him 12th for the final. The final was won by Trevor Taylor in a Lotus 18 with Jim Clark second in a similar car. My query is where Bordeu came in the final. Results I have seen list the first nine (T Taylor, Clark, McKee, D Taylor, Ashdown, Hine, Rees, Love and Spence) but no mention of Bordeu.

Advertisement

#2 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,508 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 13:16

Autosport reported that Bordeu and John Love touched at the chicane , "the Argentine losing his bonnet in the process, and losing a great deal of time in replacing damaged bodywork."

#3 hatrat

hatrat

• 339 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 19:04

Thanks for that information Roger. It is very interesting as I'm fortunate enough to have the Bordeu car and it had repaired frontal bonnet damage which may have resulted from this incident. I'm still keen to find out Bordeu's finishing position as it is the only gap I have in the cars 1960 race records.

#4 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 20:47

Qualified 14th on 1min 38.4 (Taylor's works Lotus fastest at 1m 33.6)
Started his heat in tenth position, finished eighth
12th on grid for final, finishing position (if any) not known
(Thanks to F1R for the above)