Photo

Find a previous owner of my Lola...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tom walker

tom walker

• 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 14:25

Otto Uecker owned my Lola T160 (SL 160/9, with 163 body work) in the early 1970's. Does anyone remember him ? (He also entered Chuck Parsons in an Eagle-Chev V8 into the Road America G.P. at Elkhart Lake July 16 1972, entrant " Uecker Racing ".)

He lived in Monroe, MI.

Does anyone know where Otto Uecker is now ??

I am investigating the possibility that Doug Shierson owned the Lola in 1970, with Chuck Parsons driving, it then passed on to Oliver Jones in 1971. Can anyone shine some light on these men ?

Thanks, Tom Walker.

Advertisement

#2 bill moffat

bill moffat

• 1,411 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 14:44

The power of the Internet...

A guick Google reveals that an Otto W. Uecker was laid to rest at St John's Church, Gillett, Wisconsin in 1975.

Given the fact that the name must be unusual and that WI and MI are neighbouring states give or take a Great Lake I fear this might be your man.

#3 tom walker

tom walker

• 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 14:53

Many of the male Ueckers of that family were "Otto"'s ! The one I am looking for was Otto A. Uecker, and was definately around 2 or 3 years ago. But thanks for looking, Bill.

#4 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 15:30

Have you tried the people at Road America?

#5 pete3664

pete3664

• 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 16:27

Doug Shierson was most memorable as the owner of the Indy car Domino's Pizza team in the 80's and early 90's and his car won Indy w/ Arie Luyendyck. The team was based in Adrian MI not far from Monore MI. He was a driver earlier in his career of Chevrons and then was an entrant in the Formula Atlantic series. I know he passed away a year or two ago. He was very involved with motorsports during those years and it is not out of the realm of possiblility that he owned a Lola T160, but I don't ever remeber that being one of the cars he owned.

#6 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:20

Doug Shierson drove a Lola T-160 with Marathon Oil sponsorship in SCCA races in 1969 with himself as the driver. In 1970 he entered a blue Lola T-163 (SL160/9 with 163 bodywork??) in the Can Am series with Chuck Parsons as the driver. This could very well be the car in question.

#7 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,734 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:25

Apparently this particular car was featured in Motor Sport August 1979 and it gives the known history up until that point.

#8 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,539 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:15

I was just on this same trail and thought I would post this up for future reference:

Uecker, Otto "sonny''
March 23, 2007

UECKER, Otto "Sonny''

Otto Uecker, 65, of Monroe, MI, died March 3, 2007. "Sonny'' led a varied and adventurous life. A graduate of Monroe High, where his mother was head of the English Dept. He attended C.I.T., before transferring to I.I.T. He was an accomplished bass saxophonist, heading one of the 1st backup bands for Motown Records. He worked with The Supremes and many other emerging artists. Musically gifted, he played brass, string, wood, and percussion. While living in Avon. He was employed with United Tech. He was one of the team of engineers who built the first L.E.M. to land on the moon. An avid aviator, he owned and operated personal and corp. airplanes. He was an F1 racing enthusiast who owned, sponsored, competed, and test drove on the Can-Am circuit. His businesses included The Uecker Racing Team, Uecker Aviation, and Toots Train Station. He is survived by a daughter, Tiffany (Uecker) Krupa & her husband Andrew of N. Stonington, a son, Adrian Uecker, a sister, Marie (Wagner) Custer, both of MI, and granddaughters, Laura Elfstrum & Makayla Keith. He was predeceased by his parents, Beatta (Wagner) and Otto Uecker, a founder of the Lay-Z-Boy Chair Co. Memorial services, April 29, 10 a.m.. Chapel of our Lady of the Assumption, St. Edmund's Retreat, Enders Island.

The son and daughter mentioned are both on Facebook and I'm trying to make contact:
https://www.facebook...toadrian.uecker
https://www.facebook.com/tiffany.krupa