The 1986-1988 IMSA GTO : an Americano-Japanese battlefield
Posted 27 January 2007 - 13:01
I found some technical interesting information about both the Peerless and the Protofab prepared Camaros as well as about the Dan Gurney's Celicas. Nevertheless, I'm still looking for those kind of information about the other major contenders as :
- the Skoal Bandit Camaro
- the Brooks Camaros
- the Irv Hoerr's Oldsmobile Toronado
- the Dingman Bros Firebird
- the Roger Mandeville's Mazda RX7 : I know it's a tri-rotor (the one of the 767 Le Mans prototypes without the turbo) powered car. That's all.
- Who designed these cars?
- Who built them?
- How many cars were built?
- Basic historical information about the teams?
- Chassis, body, engine, suspension, transmission, -brake, cooling and exhaust systems-, dimensions, tires, wheels, ... technical data?
- How did these cars evolve between the start and the end of their carreer during this period?
One last point, I readed somewhere the chassis Peerless Camaros was built with carbon fiber tubes whereas the Protofab one was steel fabrication.
Can anybody confirm that?
Posted 09 August 2013 - 15:33
Edited by Francois78, 09 August 2013 - 15:35.
Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:11
Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:35