Photo

Donington FF2000 1986

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Kitson

Andrew Kitson

• 2,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:56

Back in the 1980s Donington had its own FF2000 championship.
I am searching for info and photos from a race there in April 1986 for a project I am doing. The race was apparantly support to a big touring car event on Donington's long circuit. In particular I would like to find pictures of the Richard Dutton Racing Reynard SF84 driven by Paul Tracy ( yes..that one). He was beaten on the day by Gavin Jones, who is now team boss of the iSport GP2 team. Gavin passed him to win on the last lap with Paul finishing second. Gavin thinks Paul's car was black and has a memory of him being car no.90 but not entirely sure. Later that year Paul moved to the works Duckhams Van Diemen team.

Would any of you here have Autosport's or MN from April that year, hopefully with photos of this race and results with a date of the meeting or programmes? I was working overseas back in early '86 and alas do not have many of the magazines from that time. Even if I only have the date of the event, I stand a better chance of finding pictures. Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement

#2 fausto

fausto

• 528 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:37

Have Autosports, not here at home, I'll go to have a look this afternoon/evening, and then let you know...

#3 Andrew Kitson

Andrew Kitson

• 2,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:45

Thanks. Very kind.

#4 fausto

fausto

• 528 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 14:53

Autosports are here, race was held april 5/6 weekend, Bruce Jones wrote the report, no pics of Gavin Jones car, even in the SportsExtra section, or elsewhere in the magazine in some "celebration advertising" (even in the two following issues). Could it be worth having a look at the seasonal survey section?

#5 Andrew Kitson

Andrew Kitson

• 2,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 15:40

Thanks fausto, a big help.

#6 Henk A. Hazelaar

Henk A. Hazelaar

• 189 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 20:48

Andrew,

I've found a picture from the Paul Tracy Reynard in Motor Racing magazine from May 1986.
(Easter Monday Thruxton round)

Posted Image

Race reults of the Donington Racing Club FF 2000 Championship ( april 6 1986) in Motor Racing, issue June 1986.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you've been informed to your entire satisfaction.

Regards,

Henk A. Hazelaar

#7 Andrew Kitson

Andrew Kitson

• 2,535 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:48

Henk, Thankyou very much, fantastic!