• Please log in to reply
8909 replies to this topic

#4851 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 22:11

Can anyone identify this car?

Posted Image

From the background, I think this may well be the first-ever photo on TNF from the Middle Range circuit.

Photo courtesy of Clare Russell

Advertisement

#4852 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:05

Its the Robinson Jaguar with one of its many nose jobs, the car is alive and well in Grafton, NSW, although not getting much use these days.

I posted some pics from Middle Ridge some time ago on this thread, from memory, the Sabakat was amonst them, also some way back is a pic of the Robinson Jag.

#4853 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:43

Thanks Dick...

I'll have to keep on posting pics now, you might know some of the others that nobody else does as we go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one I was able to check, it's the Crawford Wolseley 6/90 Special at Bathurst c. 1956:

Posted Image

And we've all heard what a hub of activity Gurdon's was... here it is:

Posted Image

And another pic of the Geary Ausca with a roof:

Posted Image

#4854 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:04

Ray, car 49, I've seen that front before but can't think where, looks like a scruffy MG TD/Y Type special,
not sure about the air cooled no. 92, next is Nota no 9, the Finned Roadster, then an MG Special, surely not the Wolseley ?

#4855 john medley

john medley

• 1,167 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:34

Robinson Jaguar , when painted blue/yellow, Bathurst( not Middle Ridge)

#49 probably Kevin Salmon's ex Head brothers MGTD Special

#92 BMW Special Hooper Brothers, later Bruce Polain, even later Hank Northey in Historics, then Grizzle

fins Graham Howard's Nota 1172 ( maybe chassis 7?) originally Kevin Bradburn's

#35 Harry Gapps MGTC Special, ex Brabham, ex David Harvey(SA)

#57 Sulman Singer outside Gurdon's

#4856 DanTra2858

DanTra2858

• 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:46

#92 BMW Special Hooper Brothers, later Bruce Polain, even later Hank Northey in Historics, then Grizzle

John is this the car that Hank had his bad accident in at Oran Park

#4857 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:50

I thought that was poor old Hank's car...

But I remember way too little detail about it.

So with the Harry Gapps car we prove I can't rely on the page branding in the albums. There are Middle Ridge photos in there, however. Somewhere. There might be close to 450 photos all up.

All courtesy of the delightful and very helpful Clare Russell.

#4858 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:56

John is this the car that Hank had his bad accident in at Oran Park

No, the BMW Special is here in Coffs Harbour.

#4859 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:57

And wasn't the accident at Amaroo ?

Advertisement

#4860 john medley

john medley

• 1,167 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:15

Hank's accident was at Amaroo's "stop corner" , not in his BMW as shown, but in the also-motorcycle-engined Bourke Special

Number 49 IS the Head brothers-built MGTD Special, but entered Bathurst 1955 by Dulwich Auto Sales and driven but not well cared for by Bill Binning

#4861 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:31

A couple more quickly before I go processing another batch for posting:

Already posted on another thread...

Posted Image

And this is how some got to race meetings in the fifties and very early sixties:

Posted Image

This one I liked for the background cars:

Posted Image

And JM has identified the Mini-Din elsewhere. I think this is Tamworth hillclimb, but it's also possible it's Gunnedah or Inverell. Anyone know where the Inverell hillclimb was held?

Posted Image

Holden six with triple SUs, a Skoda chassis lengthened in the front and shortened dramatically in the rear (I suspect), Skoda front and rear suspension and brakes.

#4862 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,724 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:57

This one I liked for the background cars:

Posted Image

Very interesting. Is that a 50s Rambler wagon?

#4863 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:28

Yes, David, it is...

And I'm trying to convince myself that the older car is either an Olds or a Buick. But is it really a La Salle?

There's a highly sophisticated car trailer in the background, too.

What about this one, with what looks like a brand new FC wagon in the background... is this another TC Special with a very nice body?

Posted Image

And while a couple of faces will be easy, can anyone put names to the others... along with the venue and date?

Posted Image

More pics from Clare Russell

Edited by Ray Bell, 06 April 2011 - 10:30.

#4864 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:53

Ray, was the Inverell hillclimb held on a gravel road at a little place called Elsmore just to the east of Inverell. Good lot of pics, makes us put the thinking caps on, keep 'em coming !

#4865 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,724 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:01

Yes, David, it is...

And I'm trying to convince myself that the older car is either an Olds or a Buick. But is it really a La Salle?

I think it looks too spartan for a La Salle, more like a 1940 Buick.

I was studying the side window structure for a while until I realised that it only looked strange because the door was open :blush:

#4866 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:54

Originally posted by Dick Willis
Ray, was the Inverell hillclimb held on a gravel road at a little place called Elsmore just to the east of Inverell. Good lot of pics, makes us put the thinking caps on, keep 'em coming!

I've done a recount, Dick...

I took a full hundred photos of pages of Clare's scrap books. Many had eight pics, some had six, a few had four. There's a lot still to come.

Now... does this look like Elsmore?

Posted Image

I do know the area more than a little, I worked there a couple of months ago going up and down the various roads in the area, and I'm back through there this week. Any idea exactly where I should look?

And another pic, just for laughs:

Posted Image

Not so much for laughs, this one, but to comment on the fact that pics of Norm are far from rare now!

Posted Image

And another one of Norm, possibly with Jimmy Bertram partly obscured:

Posted Image

According to the album note, this should be AGP day at Lowood:

Posted Image

#4867 cooper997

cooper997

• 885 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:42

If the last photo with Bib Stillwell's #16 T51 & Glyn Scott's #20 T43 Coopers is Lowood's June 12th, 1960 AGP meeting then the photo of Glass's #8 250F is possibly the same meeting.

Love the photo of Barry Gurdon's 214-216 Howick St, Bathurst premises. If the street numbering system is still relevant, then it has a shopping centre on the site now. Damn progress...

Stephen

#4868 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 21:16

Ray, the Elsmore road is about 16 km east of Inverell to the south, I used to go past there in the early sixties on the way to sprint meetings at Inverell but they had stopped using the Elsmore venue only a few years before. At that time I wondered what the hill was like, gravel of course, and did drive up it one day but it wasn't anything to get excited about.

The TC Special in the pic of Elsmore is Keith Russel's Patterson/Brydon car now kept so well by Richard Townley of Victoria. The Buchanan Special no 126 is Jim Wright's TR based car. On a couple of the earlier shots, MiniDin had a purpose built tube frame as seen in the pic, not a Skoda chassis although it used Skoda suspension etc, possibly the most useful bits on an early Skoda although you would wonder about the usefulness of the swing axle rear end. The TC Special with the nice special body was a regular at Lowood around 1960 but I can't recall the name of the owner.

In the last pic Glyn Scott's Cooper Climax, no 20 is now for sale if any TNF people are interested, for a most reasonable A$150,000 which is less than I sold it for 22 years ago, a nice car looking for a good home.

#4869 DanTra2858

DanTra2858

• 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 22:05

[quote name='john medley' date='Apr 6 2011, 20:15' post='4940650']
Hank's accident was at Amaroo's "stop corner" , not in his BMW as shown, but in the also-motorcycle-engined Bourke Special

Thanks John & Dick for the information on Hank Northey he was a very nice person full of a lifetime of knowledge on Motor Sport.

#4870 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 22:20

Originally posted by Dick Willis
Ray, the Elsmore road is about 16 km east of Inverell to the south, I used to go past there in the early sixties on the way to sprint meetings at Inverell but they had stopped using the Elsmore venue only a few years before. At that time I wondered what the hill was like, gravel of course, and did drive up it one day but it wasn't anything to get excited about.....

When I was there working, Dick I saw a fair few of the roads. There's one that comes into Elsmore down a hill from a junction with the Gwyder not far from Ron Thorp's place, that runs down along the flat to a right turn where the road goes off to Tingha... well, the sign says somewhere else, but if you're going there you're going to keep on to Tingha anyway... if you don't turn right you go through what must be the 'town' of Elsmore, with a road going off on the left after this little settlement and more or less running straight (up a hill) to the Gwyder again.

There is another road off to the right before the one I described, it goes over a low level bridge... to wit...

Posted Image

Needless to say, I didn't go that way to investigate.

#4871 john medley

john medley

• 1,167 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 22:31

DanTra2858, I agree : Hank was a very nice man who retired to your neck of the woods after his accident, rather bent. I saw a lovely photo of a very young Hank holding his tether car( the car later became the famous Matchbox Trophy at very early Amaroo All Historic Meetings when Hank was extraordinarily flexible at age 64 ), one indication of his long time in motor sport

Hi Dick. I agree re the cars, including Jim Wright's Buchanan Triumph, from Merriwa. The original car destroyed its bodywork in a Mt Druitt inversion, hence the fibreglass replacement. NJ Wright went on to race DB3S Aston Martin, Lotus 18 etc and I last saw him 30 years ago when he was a seriously drought stricken farmer way out west in NSW

Does the MiniDin chassis belong in the "Spaceframe" thread? Probably not

#4872 john medley

john medley

• 1,167 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 23:02

An omission:
poor Number 10 at the top of Ray's list, the car battered/tattered/unkempt/uncared for, possibly at Mt Druitt airstrip, probably not long before David Manson bought it: one of Australia's more famous racing cars of the 1920s, Maroubra lap record holder until "Phil" Garlick died in it at Maroubra--- supercharged Alvis 200 Mile Race car

The photo is taken 20 years after its fine career under Maroubra's lights, the Garlick Alvis by this time rebuilt, re-engined several times, rebodied, raced often... to end like this, a Very Rough Australian Special on its last legs. David Manson can tell us what happened to this car. I know its shapely tail ended up on young apprentice Robert Rowe's vintage Amilcar Special two decades later.

#4873 DanTra2858

DanTra2858

• 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 23:10

I had the pleasure of taking Hank to Amaroo in the late 1990, can not remember which meeting it was except it was one of the Historic Meetings.

On this day Hank made a special donation of a Trophy to the HSRCA to be known if I remember correctly the Hank Northley Trophy.

In the picture he is being driven around the track by Spencer Martin in the magic Alfa, I believe that that was the last time he was to go to a race meeting, the glow on his face this day was one that I will newer forget let alone all that he spoke about on the way home.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4874 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:33

A Le Mans start at Lowood, I would believe it's 1959, the last car in the line, the nearest to camera is Keith's TC:

Posted Image

Quite a wide straight, as you can see... and Keith was one of the older participants, I gather...

Posted Image

...and so he was pretty much the last away as well:

Posted Image

My guess is that this is his car even earlier, at the Inverell Hillclimb in 1958... in the car...

Posted Image

...and then joining the line-up for the start:

Posted Image

And back from another successful run, I suppose:

Posted Image

In the meantime, jiggers like this were also running:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any chance of identifying those? And then there's this one, not so much the race car as the 'tender' vehicle:

Posted Image

Looks somewhat plush... not the least like this trailer:

Posted Image

That should be back at Lowood, I'd imagine. As are these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Including a Bristol? And could this (back at Inverell...) be Harry Cape, did he run a pushrod MGA before the Twin Cam?

Posted Image

#4875 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:14

The air cooled car no. 71, looks like Noel Halls Ralt Vincent, he would have been a likely contender to run at an Inverell hillclimb living not too far away,

The ex Cooper below ( no24 ) is a MkV, one of the ones that got "modified" in Queensland with a different engine, I think one had an 1172 Ford at one stage, not sure whose this one is.

The Buchanan no9 has had a long and involved history, at Lowood it would have been Holden powered and driven by Jack Edwards. It started life an a HRG in SA with Greg McEwin who had a special body built on it, it is shown earlier in this thread, it then went to Victoria where it had a Holden motor fitted and was known as the HRG Holden, next stop was WA and from photos I have seen of it there it was always very beautifully presented. Next stop was Qld with Jack Edwards where it became known as the Godfrey Special and was soon fitted with a Buchanan body, it featured in some great dices there with Wal Anderson's Buchanan bodied Holden special, next owner was Joe Marano and from there oblivion for a while until it ended up in the UK.
I became involved in the history of the car when I bought the body which was fitted originally to it in its HRG days but when I bought the body I had no idea of its origins until Neville Webb enlightened me, I fitted the body to my Lancia Ford V8 Special where it still is.

#4876 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:02

They don't look like original wheels on the Cooper?

#4877 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:37

At least the trailer wheels are original...

Very original!

#4878 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:19

They don't look like original wheels on the Cooper?

They look OK to me, David for a MkV Cooper. As Ray said, the trailer wheels are a classic.

#4879 john medley

john medley

• 1,167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:19

MK V wheels in my opinion, front body likewise.... with Jim Poteri??

Whatever happened to the LPS Mk IV?

Advertisement

#4880 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:29

Didn't the LPS become the Cooper Minx, made famous by Barry Collerson, Peter Wherrett etc, then David Kerr in Historics, it has done a few racing miles in its time.

#4881 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,284 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:30

From left to right.. Roy Billington .Unknown. JackBrabham ,Syd Negus with the hat on. Track Caversham WA.
Posted Image

#4882 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,284 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:39

I agree with David McKinney those wheels on the car No 24 do not look correct.

Posted Image

Edited by eldougo, 07 April 2011 - 08:39.

#4883 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,284 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:47

[quote name='Ray Bell' date='Apr 7 2011, 11:33' post='4941769']
The rear wheels in the top pic got my attention RALT ,and low and behold pic 10 Ralt 1. :wave: You made my day thanks RAY & (Clare )

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4884 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:48

Guess I was fooled by the lighter than usual colour of the Cooper wheels

#4885 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 6,037 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:39

Guess I was fooled by the lighter than usual colour of the Cooper wheels

I think it is called chromebrite,, or at least silverfrost. Though I agree it does not look right.
As for the wooden wheels on the trailer.............. gee it was the 50s not the 30s.

#4886 cooper997

cooper997

• 885 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:52

And another pic of the Geary Ausca with a roof:

Posted Image

This time it should be the then (J F) John Caines owned #26 Ausca GT. Lowood September 4th, 1960 Lowood Qld Road Racing Championship meeting. Entered in event 3 Touring & Gran Turismo Handicap, plus event 8 Touring & Gran Turismo Scratch Race. He's down as TBH (To be handicapped) for the handicap event, so good chance it was his first trip to Lowood. Denis Geary must have taken over after this meeting. Both were in the car selling trade.

From entries over 1959 and 1960 at Lowood, (D K) Keith Russell appears to have run with his MG TC numbered either #3, #35 or #37. The only reference I can find for a #23 MG TC is J C Roworth from NSW at the March 27th, 1960 & September 4th, 1960 events.

Stephen

#4887 cooper997

cooper997

• 885 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:10

What about this one, with what looks like a brand new FC wagon in the background... is this another TC Special with a very nice body?

Posted Image

Where's Matthew Magilton?...

Dick has mentioned this as an MG special.

So if it is the right one it was prolific at Lowood in most 1959 & 60 meetings, #6 J A Bonenti MG TF. But there is no mention of 'special' in any entry lists. So whether the body came later I'm not sure.

Dick also mentioned the Godfrey Special, April 12th, 1959 Lowood - event 5 'B' Grade Scratch Race.
#9 J Edwards Godfrey Special 2340cc.

The #71 Ralt has been mentioned too. June 14th, 1959 Lowood - event 6 1959 Lowood Trophy (15 lap handicap) #71 N Hall NSW Ralt 1.55 (handicap). The #35 Russell TC & #6 Bonenti TF are also listed, off a 4.10 handicap.

Stephen

#4888 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 798 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:27

[quote name='cooper997' date='Apr 7 2011, 23:10' post='4942209']

Dick has mentioned this as an MG special.

I will have to do some more work on that one, its shown several times in the Brier Thomas Lowood pics and probably with the drivers name, but it takes hours to go through them all. I will attack it when I get back from the Lakeside 50th Anniversary meeting this weekend, I might get an inspiration about it while I'm there.

#4889 MatthewMagilton

MatthewMagilton

• 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:15

I can't be sure if car number 6 is Bonenti's but I can mention that Joe A. Bonenti of Toowong purchased in Queensland a cream TF 1500 chassis number 9676 on 20/7/1955.

Some lists for the 1960 Lowood AGP mention Joe as a DNF in his TF Special (It must have been a special in that company, would have been a bit ridiculous otherwise).

I do not know who owns TF 9676 now but it was registered in Victoria "MG.1500" in 1983. The seats in the photo look typically TF.

Thank you for the 'heads up' Stephen.

Matthew.

#4890 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:24

Bear in mind that the Noel Hall photo is at Inverell, not at Lowood...

23 is Roworth from NSW? That means I have mistakenly labelled it as Keith Russell's. Simple enough, Clare took a lot of photos of people she knew in their local club and area, Roworth was also from Tamworth.

Strangely enough, I know a Bill Roworth from Timbumburi, 12kms south of Tamworth. He pronounces it 'Rorth', while Clare pronounced this other bloke's name 'Roe-worth' and insisted that was how he said it.

Lee... Chrombrite wasn't around yet those days, Silverfross was. But more importantly, they are artillery wheels, not wooden wheels.

eldougo... I was wondering if there would be a Ralt somewhere in among these to make you smile!

All of you... is there still no suggestion about the car next to Noel Hall's at Inverell?

eldougo... I'm pretty sure that Clare has never been to Perth, and she took that pic of Jack Brabham etc. And that car never ran at Caversham, either. More thinking needed here, and the so-far-unidentified person should not be much of a mystery. Does that make a difference to your identification of Syd Negus?

Edited by Ray Bell, 07 April 2011 - 12:46.

#4891 cooper997

cooper997

• 885 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:36

Dick,

Enjoy Lakeside. Which member of the fleet are you running?

Matthew,

Is the 1983 Victorian registration of chassis 9676 likely to be a TF in 'special' or 'Abingdon' appearance? No worries about the tip off.

Stephen

#4892 john medley

john medley

• 1,167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 20:52

Dick
Good luck at Lakeside.

Please have another look at the body on the allegedly Bonenti MG: could it be the body that later graced the Foster Holden which you returned to original as the Whatmore Jaguar?

Back to the LPS Cooper Mk IV for a moment. Cooper Minx: I dont know. Did the car go from Qld to Central Western NSW, then make its way to Sydney to the McGuire's?
And that Cooper Mk V: is that the one that John Joyce built into his first , perhaps Cooper-MG?

#4893 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 22:26

I hope Hungry isn't too hungry this weekend...

Here's another bunch, the first I have no ideas about at all, though the word 'Sulman' comes to mind:

Posted Image

There are some here from Gnoo Blas, I think it's January 1959, first the Tornado:

Posted Image

Matich in the C-type is in this one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back at Lowood, October 1958 perhaps:

Posted Image

Posted Image
I see the Sabakat in this one, and is that the Sakzewski Porsche?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...a couple of this one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ray Bell, 07 April 2011 - 22:28.

#4894 terry mcgrath

terry mcgrath

• 492 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 23:13

I am positive that these 2 pics are of the HWM Jaguar ex HWM Alta
Tony Gaze
Lex Davison
AA Griffiths
Arnold Glass
Werner Grieve
Reg Mulligan
John Hough
Dennis Geary
Ralph Hough
Keith Moran
see history in our first edition "The Jaguar XK120 in Australia"
Sample Pages at http://www.jtpublications.com.au/book/
Visit: www.jtpublications.com.au for full details

[quote name='Ray Bell' date='Apr 7 2011, 22:26' post='4943202']

Here's another bunch, the first I have no ideas about at all, though the word 'Sulman' comes to mind:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4895 terry mcgrath

terry mcgrath

• 492 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 23:16

I am positive that these 2 pics are of the HWM Jaguar ex HWM Alta
Tony Gaze
Lex Davison
AA Griffiths
Arnold Glass
Werner Grieve
Reg Mulligan
John Hough
Dennis Geary
Ralph Hough
Keith Moran
see history in our first edition "The Jaguar XK120 in Australia"
Sample Pages at http://www.jtpublications.com.au/book/
Visit: www.jtpublications.com.au for full details

[quote name='Ray Bell' date='Apr 7 2011, 22:26' post='4943202']

Here's another bunch, the first I have no ideas about at all,

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4896 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,724 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 23:49

The DB3S is possibly Gnoo Blas Jan 59 as well, when Warren Blomfield's car was no. 58
#1 behind the Tornado would be Black Jack
#128 is Don Swanton
The #26 300S is of course Doug Whiteford
#2 Arnold Glass' Super Squalo

EDIT: Removed incorrect description of #37

Edited by David Shaw, 08 April 2011 - 00:20.

#4897 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 00:25

Hmm, I was looking at the wrong race.

#58 should be Sulman.

#4898 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,097 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:00

Originally posted by David Shaw
Hmm, I was looking at the wrong race.

#58 should be Sulman.

I thought the hair was the right colour!

#4899 MatthewMagilton

MatthewMagilton

• 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:47

Stephen, sorry, I have no idea what the Bonenti TF looked like in 1983.

Matthew.

Advertisement

#4900 cooper997

cooper997

• 885 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:54

Back at Lowood, October 1958 perhaps:

Posted Image

Posted Image
I see the Sabakat in this one, and is that the Sakzewski Porsche?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...a couple of this one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, so if these all relate to the October 26th, 1958 Lowood Qld Tourist Trophy meeting then we have.

Photo #1 - Glyn Scott's Lotus-Holden with either Brian Teeble's or L Golder's TD.

Photo #2 - #31 Sid Sakzewski's Porsche Carrera & #7 Ern Tadgell's Sabakat (this combination of #, Car & driver comes up often at Lowood in the late 50's, early 60s. Sometimes with Tony Basile in the Porsche though). Further along is the nose of Werner Grieves #79 HWM-Jaguar.

Photo #3 - #11 Lionel Ayers supercharged Cooper-MG.

Photo #4 - #9 Jack Edwards Godfrey Special with D Packman's & M Grande's Minors (not sure whose is which).

Photo #5 - The nose of Werner Grieves HWM again.

Photo #6 / 7 - #15 Arthur Griffiths, ex Brabham, ex Mildren T41 Cooper-Climax, with #79 Werner Grieves HWM-Jaguar, yet again. This car got a major makeover in Grieves ownership with the nose and colour changed. This is shown with the car carrying #13 on it (I haven't repeated the photo in this post - so look above).

Stephen