Photo

Which riders did I take out at Brands, 1976...?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian Godden

Adrian Godden

• 171 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 20:56

.........Oh heck......second lap and I'm getting quicker.......
Does anyone have info of the last race of the season in '76 at Brands? I was talking with Roger Winfield and Mick Robinson last year....all about those days....but I'm quite keen to gather more info on the 350 final on the Sunday....................a bit selfish but I just need to know a few details up to the point where I spat myself into the barriers at Dingle Dell....and who the 3 riders were that I tried to scoop in one hit......I think one was Barry Woodland...but the other two?
.....it's ok, I'm not dying or anything like that....I just need to know :p

A

Advertisement

#2 Henry Snee

Henry Snee

• 75 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 21:31

Adrian welcome to the forum. All I can find on that race is that it was won by Christian Sarron from Alan North. Chas Mortimer came in 3rd, Roger Nicholls 4th with Ago in 5th ahead of Tony Rutter in 6th. The race was memorable because Ago was on the 350 MV and I believe it was that bikes last race appearance.
Sorry but can't find any mention of your crash. Could it have been in one of the wet Saturday heats rather than the Sunday final?

#3 Paul Rochdale

Paul Rochdale

• 1,281 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:46

Adrian

Godden is a bit of a scarce name. Would you by any chance be related to Don Godden of long track, grass track, engine manufacturer fame?

Sorry to go off subject.

#4 Ronaldo

Ronaldo

• 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:59

"Could it have been in one of the wet Saturday heats rather than the Sunday final?

Henry, this was the Sunday final. I was spannering for Barry Woodland at that meeting, he fractured his left wrist in that incident and as a dedicated racer (or perhaps it was the quest for start money) he turned out for a very uncomfortable (500 ?) final before making a trip to Queen Mary's hospital and leaving me to drive the van home.

Adrian, great to hear from you, we had some good dices in the Bemsees. Remember when the rear brake plate broke up on my TD2 wrapping the brake cable around the spindle and locking the wheel at Paddock nearly taking you down with me? Would have been 1975.

Best wishes, Peter Weale.

#5 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 17:43

Originally posted by Ronaldo
"Could it have been in one of the wet Saturday heats rather than the Sunday final?

Henry, this was the Sunday final. I was spannering for Barry Woodland at that meeting, he fractured his left wrist in that incident and as a dedicated racer (or perhaps it was the quest for start money) he turned out for a very uncomfortable (500 ?) final before making a trip to Queen Mary's hospital and leaving me to drive the van home.

Adrian, great to hear from you, we had some good dices in the Bemsees. Remember when the rear brake plate broke up on my TD2 wrapping the brake cable around the spindle and locking the wheel at Paddock nearly taking you down with me? Would have been 1975.

Best wishes, Peter Weale.

Good to hear from you again Peter!, where have you been. :)

already great remenices, is that the word?

Adie, put your posts in motorcycle nostalgia 1969-1990 everyone will see them then, if its related to that time period of course :D

#6 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 19:14

Originally posted by picblanc

Adie, put your posts in motorcycle nostalgia 1969-1990

Graham, of course Adrian can post on that thread - but please let's encourage more individual motorcycle threads instead of steering them towards the 'main' one...

And that way the bike-oriented members will have to become a little more alert! :p

:up:

#7 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 19:59

Originally posted by Twin Window
Graham, of course Adrian can post on that thread - but please let's encourage more individual motorcycle threads instead of steering them towards the 'main' one...

And that way the bike-oriented members will have to become a little more alert! :p

:up:

Didn't want to discourage new threads but my heads spinning trying to keep up with it all!! :drunk:

PS when I suggested it the thread was just "riders" a bit ambiguous :p now its changed to which riders did I take out at Brands, 1976...? :eek: