#1 Sergio Sultani

Sergio Sultani

• 140 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 00:04

Homage to "Moco"

Sorry if the traduction isn´t perfect.....But I tried:

"Emerson Fittipaldi will launch homage project the Pace
(Tuesday, 27 of March of 2007)

In a marked press conference at 17:00 o´clock of the next thursday (29/03), in the Room of the Press of the Hall of Accessories 2007, in the Expo Center North, in São Paulo, the world-wide bichampion Emerson Fittipaldi will make the official launching of the project “Pace - Our Champion Will not be forgottenâ€, a homage to the 30 years it disappearance of Jose Carlos Pace, the “Moco†that died in an aerial disaster occurrence in 18 of March of 1977.
Among others actions, the project will make the restoration of March-Williams 711-3 of Moco, that will be made in partnership with the Museum of the Technology of the Ulbra. The creation of a exposition of the car, the launching of the site www.josecarlospace.com.br , the recovery of the monument of existing Pace in the access to boxes of Interlagos, as well as the launching of a DVD on the project and on dissemination of its content next to museums and entities to motoring are the others "things" of the homage of Fittipaldi the Moco, that amongst the 72 GPs de Fórmula 1 that it disputed between the tests in Africa of the South of 1972 and 1977, won an only time: in the paulistano circuit, in 26 of January of 1975, the race that Emerson was second."

1975: I was there!!! It was a dream... Fantastic, fantastic. :love:

It was the last race of Graham Hill and in the grid I greeted Graham Hill some minutes before the start. I never will forget this... :clap:

Regards,
Sergio Sultani.

Advertisement

#2 MattFoster

MattFoster

• 4,831 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 21:01

It is nice to see him being recognised.

#3 Puntataco

Puntataco

• 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:57

Hi all, does anyone know what color Pace's car was in the non-championship race in Interlagos 72?
I know Williams used to be dark blue in 72, but I saw some pictures of the "14" car in Interlagos and a) it didn't looked like a real March 711 b) it had different colors, more light white and another color.
thank you all for your hints...
cheers