Photo

How about a 'Guess the Le Mans' game?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: How about a 'Guess the Le Mans' game? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 D82

D82

• 1,392 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 16:02

I am currently thinking of running a new game, called Guess the Le Mans. I know it is too early but i wanted to know if people would like to join or not. Due to the lack of non-F1 games on the board and my massive (!!) love to Le Mans itself, i want to make GtLM a game that consists of multiple games. So i decided to host four different parts, which are...
  • Pole
    This is simply Makarias' famous GtPole game which will be adopted to Le Mans. I'm thinking of "borrowing" his idea, if it's not a problem for Makarias.
  • Result by Categories
    This is where you will guess the top 5 cars of every class (LMP1, LMP2, GT1 and GT2). Points will be distributed as 5-4-3-2-1.
  • Result by Classification @12H
    This is the general classification at the 12th hour. You will guess the top 8. The points distribution will be 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1. But i will divide your score by 2.
  • Result by Classification @24H
    This is the final general result of the 24 hour race. It may be a mix of LMP1s, GT1s, LMP2s... I don't know. You will guess the top 8. The points distribution will be 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
Your final score will be the sum of all above. The player with the highest score will be 2007 GtLM champion!

About the deadlines... I want to make the game more player friendly so after looking at the 2007 schedule, i decided the deadlines to be:

For the pole - Midnight before the 1st qualifying practice session @ 23:59.59, Tuesday, June 12th
For the race results - Midnight before the race start @ 23:59.59, Friday, June 15th

So... That's it. I would like to hear your thoughts. Any suggestions, etc. will be well appriciated.

Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,417 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 16:18

I am in.

:clap:

:cool:

#3 kNt

kNt

• 1,695 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 16:32

I think a simpler game would do but I'd likely compete :up:.

#4 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,653 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 17:09

Nice idea! An endurance style guessing game for an endurance race! :up:
In order to adapt GtPole to Le Mans, you might need to consider using a different (wider) time span than my regular 2 secs max off I suppose, since people have little experience of guessing the times for Le Mans, plus the laptimes are quite big as well. As for the bonus points for right driver (car), maybe a fixed value of 3 or thereabouts is good?

#5 D82

D82

• 1,392 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 17:34

Originally posted by Makarias
Nice idea! An endurance style guessing game for an endurance race! :up:
In order to adapt GtPole to Le Mans, you might need to consider using a different (wider) time span than my regular 2 secs max off I suppose, since people have little experience of guessing the times for Le Mans, plus the laptimes are quite big as well. As for the bonus points for right driver (car), maybe a fixed value of 3 or thereabouts is good?

My thoughts exactly. I was also thinking of widening the time span. Bonus points for the car may be 3 or 5. If it is 5, the maximum total theoretical points will be 245. Maybe i could add a "weird guess compo" of 5 questions/points and make it a more charismatic number of 250 (Like 'the13th car after the 13th hour', etc.). Or i'll just leave it this way...