Photo

The book thread: In memory of Pete Fenelon

• Please log in to reply
7760 replies to this topic

#5751 Dennis Hockenbury

Dennis Hockenbury

• 657 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 21:19

Just received "Real Racers" and what wonderful photography. This will be enjoyed.

Advertisement

#5752 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 00:32

In his book Sports Car Road Racing In Western Canada, Tom Johnston mentions (on page 245) a book by John F Wright titled Canadian Road Race Specials. Was Wright's book ever published? I cannot find any trace of it on the interwebs.

#5753 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,708 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:07

While ordering Real Racers on Amazon tonight 2 other books popped up as suggestions, The Golden Age of Formula 1 which I also ordered but also Team Lotus in Formula 1 by Rainer Schlegelmilch & Hartmut Lehbrink.

Does anyone know anything about this book as info on Amazon is limited but it looks like it has a couple of CD's with it?

The review in Autosport this week states that the book "includes video and podcast material from the team on two free CDs, as well as unseen imagery".

#5754 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,050 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:42

The review in Autosport this week states that the book "includes video and podcast material from the team on two free CDs, as well as unseen imagery".

In which case whoever reviewed it ought to look up the meaning of "imagery". :rolleyes:

#5755 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,010 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 14:56

In which case whoever reviewed it ought to look up the meaning of "imagery". :rolleyes:

A reliable german reviewer (on amazon.de) called it a Promo-book (for the Fernandes Lotus).

Up to 1994 the usual excellent Schlegelmilch pics, even some driver bios. (print and paper also fine)

BUT: a great part of the book is on the 'new' Team Lotus (2010) and both CDs contain only new Team stuff--NOTHING old or even unseen old films or audio...

Best regards Michael

#5756 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 493 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:26

If any one has a copy of the magazine Classic & Sports Cars, February 1984, could they possibly scan the article on Connaught cars for me? I can' find a copy for sale online.

#5757 Mark A

Mark A

• 1,120 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 20:52

I'd be interested to hear how the binding of your copy stands up in the post, Mark. As mentioned previously on this thread, my copy fell apart in the post due to the heavy weight of the text block. Otherwise, an excellent volume.

Alan,

Both books turned up today and were fine.

#5758 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,669 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 19:25

Delighted to hear that it arrived safely, Mark

#5759 Michael Oliver

Michael Oliver

• 877 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 20:52

I have been asked frequently whether I planned to do a signature edition of Tales from the Toolbox and I am pleased to be able to tell you that this has now materialised. It took rather a long time to organise and even longer for me to get myself organised and announce that it was available...although those of you that attended my film festival managed to secure yourselves a few advance copies!

Anyway, here are some details: the Signature Edition was limited to just 20 copies. Each has been signed by Sir Jackie Stewart and by a minimum of 27 former Formula 1 mechanics, many of them famous names, including:

Hughie Absalom (Lotus)
Mike Barney (Cooper, McLaren, Williams, Brabham)
Roger Barsby (BRM)
Peter Bracewell (BRM)
Ben Casey (BRM)
Alan Challis (BRM, Williams)
Tony Cleverley (Rob Walker)
Stan Collier (BRP, Reg Parnell, Rob Walker, Brabham)
Bill Cowe (Lotus)
Bob Dance (Lotus, March, Brabham)
Neil Davis (Tyrrell)
Denis Daviss (Cooper, Honda, McLaren)
Eamon Fullalove (Lotus)
Ralph Gilbert (Bob Gerard)
Peter Hennessey (Brabham, Tyrrell, Project 4/McLaren)
Roger Hill (Tyrrell)
Gerry Hones (Reg Parnell, Brabham, McLaren)
Mike Lowman (Brabham, AAR, Shadow)
Roly Moate (Team Chamaco Collect)
Tony Reeson (BRM)
Ray Rowe (Cooper, McLaren)
Dick Salmon (BRM)
Dick Scammell (Lotus)
Cedric Selzer (Lotus)
Bob Sparshott (Lotus)
Roy Topp (Tyrrell, Wolf, ATS)
Derek Wootton (Vanwall)
Mike Young (Lotus, Embassy Racing, Williams, ATS)

The reason I organised the Signature Edition was to finance the purchase of sufficient books to give a copy to all the mechanics who had contributed a story to it. To cover these costs, I need to sell the remaining six books, which are priced at £25. By purchasing a copy, you will also ensure that 40% of the royalties on each copy will go to the Grand Prix Mechanics Trust. Of course, should anyone wish to top this up by making an additional donation to the Trust, it would be very much appreciated!

Numbers available are as follows: 10, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19

Probably the best way to do this if for people to PM me if they would like a copy, I will do it on a first come, first served basis. I think that is the fairest way?

Advertisement

#5760 BloodandSmoke

BloodandSmoke

• 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 23:16

Alan,

Hi, this is Charles Leerhsen, the author of Blood and Smoke: A True Tale of Mystery, Mayhem and the Birth of the Indy 500, to be published on May 3 by Simon and Schuster. It's a deep and hopefully exhilarating dive into the early car culture, the origins of auto racing and, of course, the first 500-mile sweepstakes, conducted 100 years ago this spring. "History comes alive," says Kirkus Reviews, "a fascinating tale." You can learn more about the book at my website: www.charlesleerhsen.com, but I'd be happy to try and answer any questions here.

#5761 "Shangry-La"

"Shangry-La"

• 30 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 17:46

For those interested there is currently a copy of Time and Two Seats (sans slipcase) currently on offer on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...T#ht_500wt_1156

#5762 257gary

257gary

• 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:42

Also found on Ebay the book "PORSCHE 917 - The winning formula". A very good read!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...d=p5197.c0.m619

#5763 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,000 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 22:04

Friends:

Just got a copy of Leo Villa's Bluebird Album by David de Lara. It's a great record of Donald Campbell's land and water speed record attempts, with the added feature of reproducing many of the three-dimensional photographs taken by Villa himself in England, the U.S., and Australia. The story reflects that great old British spirit of blokes just getting on with the job, no matter how challenging or dangerous it may be. If you grew up in England during the 1950s, you'll surely enjoy it. The book was published by Transport Bookman in 2007 and is still available from Coterie Press or via U.S. Amazon. Does anyone know of another automotive book with 3D photos?

Frank

Edited by fbarrett, 02 May 2011 - 22:05.

#5764 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,010 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:53

Mille Miglia --new series of books...

Giorgio Nada is producing a series of books on the Mille Miglia..

The first (just published) is Mille Miglia 1957.

http://en.giorgionad...odotto_389.aspx

The series should cover the postwar years from 1947 til 1957...

best regards Michael

#5765 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,177 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:23

An 'as new' set of Time and Two Seats is currently on eBay at £450 with just under five hours to go. Not really my area of interest, but copies I've seen on AbeBooks are usually £1000 or more. No telling how high the price will go, but could someone be getting a bit of a bargain?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Edited by kayemod, 04 May 2011 - 11:24.

#5766 PRD

PRD

• 319 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 16:44

An 'as new' set of Time and Two Seats is currently on eBay at £450 with just under five hours to go. Not really my area of interest, but copies I've seen on AbeBooks are usually £1000 or more. No telling how high the price will go, but could someone be getting a bit of a bargain?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sold for £450- bargain!

#5767 P0wderf1nger

P0wderf1nger

• 307 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 13:25

Sold for £450- bargain!

Still makes you wonder why they don't do a second edition...

#5768 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 15:47

I agree 100% And the same applies to other books that command silly prices.

I must admit I don't understand how publishing works.

First, the production costs. Presumably, if the original plates/ blocks/ computer software exists then it is relatively simple for the publisher to produce a reprint. But does correcting any errors and producing a second edition mean re-setting the whole thing? And if the author add any new content then it will neeed total re-setting. Each costing more than the previous option.

But how does the author get paid for writing the book. Does he get a lump sum plus royalties that are based on sales so he gets a bit more but not his original fee for a reprint. But how does he get paid for a second edition? Clearly he has to do some research and some writing but not as much as originally so does he get paid a smaller lump sum plus a sales-based royalty payment?

And does the publisher have to pay reproduction rights to the oners of the photos all over again for a second edition, or even for a reprint?

#5769 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 16:52

How long is a piece of string?

The answers to all your questions would vary according to the agreements between the various parties

#5770 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,168 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 22:38

Stuart Turner's "Harnessing Horsepower - The Pat Moss Carlsson Story" has now been published by Veloce after a 6 month delay.
A little thin and a little disappointing not to see more revealing anecdotes regarding her contemporaries. Turner is adamant that he tried hard to seek out anything truly uncomplimentary from those he interviewed about Pat Moss herself and concludes there is nothing, although her renowned swearing ability is not glossed over! Who can fail to appreciate someone who opened telephone calls in later life with: "It's me. I'm not f***ing dead yet!".
Perhaps of most interest to we, the motorsport obsessed, here is the confirmation that, despite her great success, "our" sport was nothing more than a passing phase and took a clear second place to horses. Rallying was not life. Before and after was just horses.
This is not a book mainly about show jumping. There is plenty on rallying (racing, despite trying it was of no interest to her) and plenty of amusing "Turnerisms" but somehow I expected more rallying revelations. Overall, Veloce's intensely irritating policy of including its own adverts within the covers detracts from yet another book that promises so much. Why do they do it? It's not as if they are taking outside advertising to enable these books to be published at all?
Recommended, despite Veloce's persistent best attempts to turn all their books into cheap looking comics.

#5771 MCS

MCS

• 3,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 19:41

Whilst I read The Grand Prix Saboteurs by Joe Saward and sort of enjoyed it at the time - primarily because of some of the detail - I subsequently look back and feel rather depressed by the experience, perhaps not unreasonably so given the subject.

Has anybody read his "The Man who Caught Crippen" book?

#5772 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:47

I was in The Works today and some of the Haynes back catalogue have been reduced even further - a couple were down to 59p. I can't remember which and anyway this will vary from branch to branch.

As to the Grand Prix Saboteurs, I find it difficult to comment. I agree that given the subject it cannot be anything but a slightly depressing book. Joe Saward has obviously put in an incredible amount of research and this is reflected in the number of unresolved issues in the book. Without intending to belittle his efforts in any way, and accepting that the book is primarily a factual record, I do feel it could possibly have benefited from tighter sub-editing to remove some of the extraneous information that in places obscures the main theme.

#5773 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:41

In my local branch (I don't think it's the one that's closest to me, but certainly easiest to get to), they only had two of the books that were mentioned left, the 2008 F1 season review proving difficult to shift.

Edited by ryan86, 08 May 2011 - 22:41.

#5774 proviz

proviz

• 211 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:47

Quote from post 5775: "Without intending to belittle his efforts in any way, and accepting that the book is primarily a factual record, I do feel it could possibly have benefited from tighter sub-editing to remove some of the extraneous information that in places obscures the main theme."
This pretty much sums up what I felt about "Grand Prix Saboteurs". All very interesting and intriguing through the first 2/3 of the book, but then gets confusing and wearysome largely because of the reason mentioned above. It's almost like a sub-editor got overwhelmed and lost his grip towards the finish.

#5775 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:05

IIRC the book was self-published, so there probably wouldn't have been a sub-editor...

#5776 PRD

PRD

• 319 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:44

In my local branch (I don't think it's the one that's closest to me, but certainly easiest to get to), they only had two of the books that were mentioned left, the 2008 F1 season review proving difficult to shift.

I found a copy of Eoin Young's book The Amazing Summer of 1955 in the Sidmouth branch for £1.99. Its got a Haynes price label of £8.99 over its original price of £17.99.

#5777 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:43

Talking of expensive books, Mike Lang's Grand Prix 3 is proving an annoyance for me at the moment. After getting the other three for just £25 in total, including p+p, I'm slightly bemused by the fact that the 3rd book seems to be no cheaper than £75 at the moment.

#5778 Julian Roberts

Julian Roberts

• 731 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:15

Talking of expensive books, Mike Lang's Grand Prix 3 is proving an annoyance for me at the moment. After getting the other three for just £25 in total, including p+p, I'm slightly bemused by the fact that the 3rd book seems to be no cheaper than £75 at the moment.

Try this :-

http://www.abebooks....a...=grand+prix

#5779 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,050 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:31

Volume 3 is - in a way - artificially rare, because it was never reprinted. When it came out there was renewed interest in the first two and Haynes produced an omnibus volume of volumes 1 and 2 in response as Volume 1 was already out of print and Volume 2 close to it. Thus there are probably more copies of 1 and 2 around. Volume 4 was quite a bit more expensive than the earlier ones and didn't sell all that well in period: IIRC Mike Lang bought the remaining stock from Haynes rather than see it remaindered and sold them himself. He also had less time to devote to it as by that time he was running his own small publishing company and - again IIRC - had health problems as well. At any event, there never was a Volume 5 ...

Advertisement

#5780 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 13:19

Try this :-

http://www.abebooks....a...=grand+prix

Thanks, decided to take the plunge and complete the collection.

#5781 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 20:54

How much was it? I went to have a look and got the message "Sorry this is no longer available". The closest match (ie another copy) is priced at £79.

Luckily for me, I got mine when it was current :cool:

I must have a look on Abebooks to see if any of my collection are worth anything. I doubt it.

#5782 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,417 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 21:03

I received my copy of Philip Porter's new opus, Ultimate E Type; The Competition Cars in the mail today and it promises to be an excellent and informative read. Obviously I have not read it yet, but upon flipping through it I found it to be staggering in its amount of research, history, and photos. I am sure that it is an excellent companion to Philip's other Jaguar books as well as his notable scrap book series of books. Jaguar fans should find this very enjoyable indeed.

Tom

#5783 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,206 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 21:09

I got volumes 1-3 together in a dustwrapper from Mill House Books back in about 1985, I think it was the first time I'd ever ordered from them. Talk about gold dust. I ended up using them to create a handwritten record of every driver in an F1 championship race. One of the more underrated tools for the interested, decent race reports and a very useful pre-season summary with some rare pics. Shame there never was a volume 5, but I suppose it's much easier to get the info for the period since 1984 anyway.

#5784 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 21:17

How much was it? I went to have a look and got the message "Sorry this is no longer available". The closest match (ie another copy) is priced at £79.

Luckily for me, I got mine when it was current :cool:

I must have a look on Abebooks to see if any of my collection are worth anything. I doubt it.

It was £40, including P+P, so about half the price of any other copy that I've seen. Kind of the upper limit of what I want to be paying for a book.

I remember a few months back picking up a book about Ken Tyrrell in a local charity shop, coming home to see what they were selling for on Amazon and seeing that there was only one copy which someone was trying to flog for £10,000.

#5785 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 21:28

I got volumes 1-3 together in a dustwrapper from Mill House Books back in about 1985, I think it was the first time I'd ever ordered from them. Talk about gold dust. I ended up using them to create a handwritten record of every driver in an F1 championship race. One of the more underrated tools for the interested, decent race reports and a very useful pre-season summary with some rare pics. Shame there never was a volume 5, but I suppose it's much easier to get the info for the period since 1984 anyway.

When I was a kid, sort of immediately before the internet started it's spread, I'd go onto Ceefax and copy down every league table at the end of the season just in case nobody else was keeping a record of it.

#5786 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,050 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 21:41

I got volumes 1-3 together in a dustwrapper from Mill House Books back in about 1985, I think it was the first time I'd ever ordered from them. Talk about gold dust. I ended up using them to create a handwritten record of every driver in an F1 championship race.

Heh, I'd already done that in about 1972-3, using "Grand Prix Chronology". :lol: Should have been revising for A-Levels, but that seemed less important at the time.

#5787 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,177 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 22:20

I remember a few months back picking up a book about Ken Tyrrell in a local charity shop, coming home to see what they were selling for on Amazon and seeing that there was only one copy which someone was trying to flog for £10,000.

In some years, you could have bought Ken's whole outfit for that kind of money.

#5788 P0wderf1nger

P0wderf1nger

• 307 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 22:42

It was £40, including P+P, so about half the price of any other copy that I've seen. Kind of the upper limit of what I want to be paying for a book.

A book? About Ken Tyrrell? For £10,000? Was it 1 April, or a typo?

#5789 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 22:59

By the following morning it was down to something more sensible about £20-£30, looking on Amazon now there's more copies available, cheapest £5. I don't know what it was. Perhaps the I've got the only copy, I'll charge what I like syndrome.

EDIT:

I actually looking 4 or so pages back where I told the story I appear to have undervalued what they were trying to sell it for.

Edited by ryan86, 11 May 2011 - 23:02.

#5790 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:03

Heh, I'd already done that in about 1972-3, using "Grand Prix Chronology". :lol: Should have been revising for A-Levels, but that seemed less important at the time.

When I started doing it, there was no "Grand Prix Chronology" and certainly no internet or "black books", so I had to do it all from other sources. George Monkhouse's "Grand Prix Racing Facts and Figures" was my starting point, supplemented by every other book and magazine I could lay my hands on. A bit like Vitesse2, I'd go into my room each evening to study for University Entrance (A levels equivalent) and spend the time on my motor racing records instead :) I had to stay at school an extra year to get my UE :blush:

#5791 Eric Dunsdon

Eric Dunsdon

• 625 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:20

When I started doing it, there was no "Grand Prix Chronology" and certainly no internet or "black books", so I had to do it all from other sources. George Monkhouse's "Grand Prix Racing Facts and Figures" was my starting point.

Its nice to see that excellent book mentioned. It was one of the first books that my dad bought for me in 1950 and it was the start of my motor racing education. I still browse through it quite often. I recall that it cost around forty two shillings which was a lot of money for a book back then. My dear old dad probably went without his cigarettes for a few days!. Bless him. :up: .

#5792 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,306 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:20

My first such book was Rodney Walkerley's Motor Racing Facts & Figures, which I got hold of when I was about 14, pored over for hours and hours, and learnt a great deal from. The Monkhouse/King Farlow book came a couple of years later. On the theme of motor racing interfering with learning, I once got into hot water for writing up my Auto Union/Cisitalia history in a Latin class when I was supposed to be translating Virgil. :well:

#5793 West3

West3

• 104 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 17:27

A book? About Ken Tyrrell? For £10,000? Was it 1 April, or a typo?

Fascinating read here regarding online book pricing and how automated algorithmic programs react to the competition, adjusting prices ever upward. If this is common on Amazon, is it also used at AbeBooks, etc?

#5794 P0wderf1nger

P0wderf1nger

• 307 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 18:39

Fascinating read here regarding online book pricing and how automated algorithmic programs react to the competition, adjusting prices ever upward. If this is common on Amazon, is it also used at AbeBooks, etc?

As you say, fascinating. Amazon are very welcome to apply algorithmic pricing to my book!

#5795 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 577 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 18:41

Received a copy of World Sportscar Racing '92 from the German Gruppe C Motorsport-Verlag GmBH. Text in German and English with race recaps of each FIA World championship rounds as well as overviews of the IMSA GTP, Japanese group C and the European Interserie finished off with race results and championship tables - some of this info hasn't arrived at Martin Krejzi's sites yet, so must make a note to pass the info his way. Technical portraits of the major cars is also a part of the book. Not much new information from the text, but there's plenty of pictures including a lot of driver portrait of even the lesser names.
At 10 Euros (+pp) I think it's a bargain with the four major sports car championships of the time coveret in one book. The book seems to be part of a series of annuals starting in 1989 and running to some time in the 1990s - can anybody tell if the '92 book represent the general state of these books?

Jesper

#5796 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,000 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 20:27

Jesper:

World Sportscar Racing, the annual by Ulrich Upietz, was published in basically the same form from 1989 through 1993. He then went on to publish Porsche Sport, starting in 1993 and running through 2010, so far. We were the U.S. importer/distributor and still have a few NOS (new old stock) copies of the '92 edition in a dark corner of the warehouse.

Frank

Edited by fbarrett, 12 May 2011 - 20:27.

#5797 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 21:28

My first such book was Rodney Walkerley's Motor Racing Facts & Figures, which I got hold of when I was about 14, pored over for hours and hours, and learnt a great deal from. The Monkhouse/King Farlow book came a couple of years later. On the theme of motor racing interfering with learning, I once got into hot water for writing up my Auto Union/Cisitalia history in a Latin class when I was supposed to be translating Virgil. :well:

I've still got mine, complete with annotated corrections starting with those from WB's rather critical review in Motor Sport

#5798 Tom V

Tom V

• 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:15

Jesper:

World Sportscar Racing, the annual by Ulrich Upietz, was published in basically the same form from 1989 through 1993. He then went on to publish Porsche Sport, starting in 1993 and running through 2010, so far. We were the U.S. importer/distributor and still have a few NOS (new old stock) copies of the '92 edition in a dark corner of the warehouse.

Frank

Actually Upietz WSC books run from 1989 till 1994. I'm still looking for the 1993 edition. 1990-92 are easy to find. I've never come across the 1993 edition though.

Edited by Tom V, 13 May 2011 - 10:15.

#5799 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

• 235 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 19:43

I don't know if it's allowed to present one's own book here, but since I've been advised to do so by other Forum members, here I am...

In three weeks time, benoit deliege Editions will publish a new book on Equipe Nationale Belge, the Belgian racing team that ran Ferraris all over Europe, Jaguars at le Mans, Listers when they could (in 1958), finished on the Le Mans podium in 1957, shifted to single seaters with F2 Coopers in 1959 and ended up with the infamous Emeryson F1 in 1961. But there is much more to say about ENB than that, so if moderators don't send me to jail, I'll post more details...
Some Forum members may alread have read the Willy Mairesse biography, which was written by the same team.

I have just purchased the Equipe Nationale Belge book and can recommend it. My copy has been signed by both authors. The publisher, who contributed some art work for the book, also drew a charming picture of a Jaguar D-Type on the title page with a dedication. A nice touch. There is an English translation at the back of the book and a good selection of photographs. If you are interested in the great racing teams of the past this is a very worthy addition to the library.

Advertisement

#5800 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,580 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 19:54

Any more info. please? Price etc. Is there much in it about the Emeryson episode.? PM me if it is easier
Roger Lund