Photo

The book thread: In memory of Pete Fenelon

• Please log in to reply
7777 replies to this topic

#6901 PRD

PRD

• 319 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:24

The third of those is the one which appears on Haynes' website. The others (both on Australian sites, I notice) are probably copied from earlier pre-publication webpages and were never updated.

The image on my copy is the second in the list.

First Edition June 2005. Published by Haynes UK. ISBN 1 84425 109 8

Bought from Amazon UK if I remember correctly

Advertisement

#6902 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:59

Have a look here: Spindizzies :wave:

Thanks Vitesse!! :clap:

#6903 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 19:33

Here is a web page listing seven books on the subject of tether cars. I've also added this and some other info to the Spindizzies thread already mentioned.

#6904 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:45

New book: Can-Am - Die Formel der unbegrenzten Möglichkeiten 1966-1974
Link

#6905 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:47

Another new one: The American Legacy in Formula 1
Link

#6906 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:42

Here is a web page listing seven books on the subject of tether cars. I've also added this and some other info to the Spindizzies thread already mentioned.

Frank thanks--what would we be without you and your database???

Best regards Michael

#6907 corsaresearch

corsaresearch

• 63 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:17

CorsaResearch is proud to announce a new book by Tony Adriaensens. After the most successful ‘Ten days in Sicily’ and ‘Weekend Heroes’, Tony has accomplished a massive work on early Porsches in competition.

Titled ‘SportErfolge’, this magnificent photo-essay covers a part of the rich racing and rallying history of the Porsches from as early as 1951 when the Austrian-built Gmünd 356 challenged the early post-war racing scene. From there it goes all the way up to 1963 when the rare flat-eights showed great potential at the Targa Florio, Nürburgring and Le Mans. In between are many events, national and international, that slowly but surely put Porsche on pole position among the world’s finest competition cars.

Race meetings are laid out individually and chronologically, starting with the 1951 Coupe du Salon at Montlhéry and ending with the 1963 Le Mans 24 Hours endurance race, via Sestriere, Liège-Rome-Liège, Carrera Panamericana Mexico, Pebble Beach, numerous Swiss hill-climbs and more, much more. There are some truly amazing shots – Hans Herrmann in the 1954 Carrera Mexico class winning 550, full colour Mille Miglia and Bob Donner gunning his RS61 up Pikes Peak are just some examples. Paddock studies feature strongly, and Tony has retained a typical feel for the 1950s culture.

Cleverly, verbatim reports from old race journals are used to provide summaries of the action at each event, while extended captions to the pictures provide additional detail and background information on the cars and drivers.

Once again, Adriaensens has gathered together a fine selection of meticulous images, most of them taken by talented amateur photographers whose rare and vivid colours makes SportErfolge a must have – not only for the Porsche enthusiast, but for everyone interested in motorsport of the 1950s.

SportErfolge
245x220 mm
640 pages
113 full colour images
263 black/whites
hard cover
slipcase

185 €

#6908 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 19:37

ELFIN

Brooklands has just published a book on Australia's Elfin racing cars . A reprint of the title:

John Blanden & Barry Catford, Australian Elfin Sports and Racing Cars, 1997

http://store.brookla...roduct1427.html[/url]

Best regards Michael

Edited by Tuboscocca, 28 November 2012 - 19:42.

#6909 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,534 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:32

Congratulations to Bjorn Kjer and David Cross for winning the Book of the Year award at the International Historic Motoring Awards for "Inside the Paddock: Racing Car Transporters at Work.

#6910 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,395 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:32

Congratulations David and Bjørn. :clap:

Still nothing about all the award winners on the Historic Motoring Awards site:

http://www.historicm...s.com/index.php

No doubt they'll be up there very soon.

#6911 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 493 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:20

Congratulations ! Well done and well deserved.
Now I can´t wait for Vol.2 ! :wave:

#6912 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,052 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:35

Congratulations to Bjorn Kjer and David Cross for winning the Book of the Year award at the International Historic Motoring Awards for "Inside the Paddock: Racing Car Transporters at Work.

Congratulations :clap:

#6913 P0wderf1nger

P0wderf1nger

• 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 13:08

Many congratulations, Bjorn, richly deserved.

#6914 proviz

proviz

• 214 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:11

We know what labour of love this has been for Bjorn. I join the choir!

#6915 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,696 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 15:38

I echo the congratulations for Bjorn and David. Well merited in ny humble opinion.

As an aside, Veloce are offering their 40% discount once more, until the end of December. Type the code XMAS40 into your on-line order.

#6916 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 17:57

I did not attend the celebs on thursday , but still really appreciate your greetings !

Edited by Bjorn Kjer, 30 November 2012 - 18:49.

#6917 RDV

RDV

• 6,731 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:26

Not a book as such, more of a manga...but interesting.

Product Description
The Art of War - Five Years in Formula One is the first contemporary account from inside Formula One and the first to be presented in the form of a comic book. In his foreword to the book, Max Mosley, former President of the sport's governing body, writes "This account of Adam's life behind the scenes of Formula One is written with little commentary, relying on the story itself to bring out insights. It is the first such account of the sport. It will fascinate those who follow Formula One closely but it will perhaps be equally interesting to those who study human behavior and business." The author, Adam Parr, came from outside the sport to run one of Formula One's longest-standing and most loved teams: Williams. Finding the team in great difficulties, both on and off the track, Parr set out a strategy for recovery and implemented it over the following five years. These were extraordinary years. The sport expanded from 17 to 20 races, adding events in Singapore, Spain, Abu Dhabi, Korea and the United States. At the same, most of the teams changed hands as most of the major car manufacturers pulled out in response to the financial crisis. Meanwhile, Williams diversified its business, steadily improved its finances and became the first to become a public company. The final piece of the jigsaw was to get back to the front of the grid, which happened just six weeks after Parr stood down as chairman. The circumstances of his departure point to a conflict with Formula One supremo, Bernie Ecclstone over the future of the sport. Parr documents both success and failure with brutal honesty and describes the intense competition on and off the track that makes Formula One such an extraordinary sport.

#6918 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,189 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:36

Product Description
The Art of War - Five Years in Formula One is the first contemporary account from inside Formula One and the first to be presented in the form of a comic book.

Comic book form eh? Sounds like a fanzine, it should be popular in Racing Comments.

#6919 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 13:58

Product Description
The Art of War - Five Years in Formula One is the first contemporary account from inside Formula One and the first to be presented in the form of a comic book. In his foreword to the book, Max Mosley, former President of the sport's governing body, writes "This account of Adam's life behind the scenes of Formula One is written with little commentary, relying on the story itself to bring out insights. It is the first such account of the sport. It will fascinate those who follow Formula One closely but it will perhaps be equally interesting to those who study human behavior and business." The author, Adam Parr, came from outside the sport to run one of Formula One's longest-standing and most loved teams: Williams. Finding the team in great difficulties, both on and off the track, Parr set out a strategy for recovery and implemented it over the following five years. These were extraordinary years. The sport expanded from 17 to 20 races, adding events in Singapore, Spain, Abu Dhabi, Korea and the United States. At the same, most of the teams changed hands as most of the major car manufacturers pulled out in response to the financial crisis. Meanwhile, Williams diversified its business, steadily improved its finances and became the first to become a public company. The final piece of the jigsaw was to get back to the front of the grid, which happened just six weeks after Parr stood down as chairman. The circumstances of his departure point to a conflict with Formula One supremo, Bernie Ecclstone over the future of the sport. Parr documents both success and failure with brutal honesty and describes the intense competition on and off the track that makes Formula One such an extraordinary sport.

A Haymarket publication and (not) yet available :eek:

Michael

Advertisement

#6920 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,255 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 15:34

A Haymarket publication and (not) yet available :eek:

Michael

According to a post in RC it will be in stock at Amazon from Monday.

http://forums.autosp...w...t&p=6059514

#6921 Michael Oliver

Michael Oliver

• 882 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:34

Finally published:

Interserie 1970-75 (published by Palmier)

http://www.editions-...s,fr,4,p162.cfm

to my knowledge the first book on this series..??

Regards Michael

Does anyone have this book? I'd be interested to know whether it includes a comprehensive entry list/results section?

#6922 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 13:29

Does anyone have this book? I'd be interested to know whether it includes a comprehensive entry list/results section?

Michael (not me!!)

There are yearly summaries AND each race and every heat has a result table including the DNFs (position,time, average speed, entrant ,FL, practice position and time ,where known ,but no chassis numbers).
But no entry lists as such. Furthermore each year has a run-through the participating cars..
Hope this helps.

BTW wonderful period photos too!!

Regards Michael

Edited by Tuboscocca, 02 December 2012 - 13:31.

#6923 JULIAN BALME

JULIAN BALME

• 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 18:28

The Ian Walker Racing book from Coterie press has arrived. It's a really high-quality book, well worth waiting for! Slipcase, lots of excellent photos.

Intrigued that two months later this was the only mention I could find of my book. Have any of you seen it? Bought it? Cursed it? Asked Santa for it?!!

#6924 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,586 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 18:48

ISTR it has been well reviewed in a couple of the usual magazines, Julian. I suspect that is quite a lot of money, certainly with no discount, and there are quite a few other new publications which might, perhaps, more easily be on various wish-lists.
This is in no way decrying what is undoubtedly a fine work, for which you are to be duly praised.
Roger Lund

#6925 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,586 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 20:39

Steve Wyatt's Motor Racing, the pursuit of victory 1963 to 1972 arrived 30 minutes before I was leaving for a couple of weeks, and it was not appropriate to take it with me. I have now had a good opportunity to look through it in the detail which it warrants. It is very, very good, IMHO. Whilst there are some track shots, not always of the usual suspects either, the main part comprises paddock shots of cars, usually sans bodywork, with people working on them, or people shots. Think also along the lines of the excellent Maurice Bruton shots generously posted by Tony Gallagher recently. The range of cars and characters is very wide, and invariably of the mechanics and drivers etc. It is very much in the vein of Peter Darley's brilliant Jim Clark/Team Lotus books, and is printed on gratifyingly good quality paper, so Veloce have done Steve proud for the price, albeit a year late.......... and makes an ideal companion for the Anthony Carter work covering the previous 3 decades. There are also little commentary vignettes from Bob Dance about various topics and shots.
The photographs are catalogued by years and then races, with a neat synopsis of the races and salient comments about the supporting races etc. The captions are clear and tell you what you need to know. Many are more than a simple sentence, giving quite comprehensive details of people and cars etc, who is doing what to what with whom, etc
For the likes of Bjorn and myself, inter alia, there are some useful shots showing transporter and support vehicles, incl Hulme's Zodiac saloon and the similar estate used by McLaren to trailer to Zerex and Mclaren Olds, an a fine shot of Sir Gawaine Baillie's Galaxie station wagon towing his Galaxie racer on its trailer.
I know it is subjective, but I think this book is a very fine period addition to the bookshelves of enthusisats.
I have no connection with Steve Wyatt other than as someone to whom he supplied a very representative shot of a car from my preferred marque being worked on in period some time ago, which seems to encapsulate what this book is about, but then I like pictures which tell the story.
Roger Lund

edit; If all you want is cropped shots of just another car on just another bit of Tarmac, this book is not for you.

Edited by bradbury west, 05 December 2012 - 09:37.

#6926 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:01

Well described as I NOT could do , and you can add the first MOTOR RACING by Anthony Carter , "Reflections of a lost era" with his personal wonderfull pictures.

Edited by Bjorn Kjer, 07 December 2012 - 11:15.

#6927 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:04

I recently received the 2013 David Bull catalog, which contains a section on forthcoming books. Of interest are two books by Tyler Alexander, McLaren mechanic from 1963 to the 1980s, and rejoining the team from 1990 to 2009. One book will be a collection of Alexander's photos, while the other is an autobiography. In addition, Bull will be publishing a photographic history of Trans-Am by Daniel Lipetz. Once again the period covered will be 1966 to 1973. As far as I know, this will be the third book on the early Trans-Am, while there has been nothing on the later era.

#6928 proviz

proviz

• 214 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:29

I recently received the 2013 David Bull catalog, which contains a section on forthcoming books. Of interest are two books by Tyler Alexander, McLaren mechanic from 1963 to the 1980s, and rejoining the team from 1990 to 2009. One book will be a collection of Alexander's photos, while the other is an autobiography. In addition, Bull will be publishing a photographic history of Trans-Am by Daniel Lipetz. Once again the period covered will be 1966 to 1973. As far as I know, this will be the third book on the early Trans-Am, while there has been nothing on the later era.

Al Bochroch's book covers Trans-Am up to and including 1985. Long out of print, though, I believe.

#6929 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:54

Al Bochroch's book covers Trans-Am up to and including 1985. Long out of print, though, I believe.

True, but there is nothing post 1985.

#6930 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 17:52

If money is not your/our problem

http://www.tag-books.com/

They did, years ago a fantastic book on the Porsche Carrera RS. And now AM DBR9...

BUT hefty prices..

Best regards Michael

#6931 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,789 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 23:49

Only 2 left. I ordered mine. A perfect Xmas gift for my dad.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d076a8052

#6932 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,052 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 15:23

If money is not your/our problem

http://www.tag-books.com/

They did, years ago a fantastic book on the Porsche Carrera RS. And now AM DBR9...

BUT hefty prices..

Best regards Michael

Jeez!
At 450 Euros I'd be frightened to even have it on my bookshelf, let alone actually read it!

I can see there is a market for high quality limited editions that are nice to own, but surely the publishers must appreciate there is also a market for versions that people will actually read.

#6933 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 17:59

Jeez!
At 450 Euros I'd be frightened to even have it on my bookshelf, let alone actually read it!

I can see there is a market for high quality limited editions that are nice to own, but surely the publishers must appreciate there is also a market for versions that people will actually read.

Duncan,

they are talking of a print run of 2.700 (normal ones) and the driver's edition is limited to 270(??) for 650 Euro (you get some leather..)

So a special limited title with nearly 3.000 books?? They will certainly learn their lessons...

Only there Carrera book (the updated version) will be interesting...

Best regards Michael

#6934 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,395 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:56

Has there been any recent news about Inside Track? Will it ever be published?

Edited by Jack-the-Lad, 10 December 2012 - 18:58.

#6935 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:17

Fine book on MASERATI chassisnumber 3015

http://www.maserati3015.com/index.htm

Regards Michael

#6936 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:46

Finally available:

Porsche 917-021

http://www.917-021.com/index.html

Regards Michael

#6937 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 00:29

New books:

Lola T70: The Design, Development & Racing History by John Starkey and Franco Varani Link

Inspired to Design by Nigel Bennett Link

#6938 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,189 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:48

New books:

Lola T70: The Design, Development & Racing History by John Starkey and Franco Varani Link

If it's information taken from the book, Chaters' blurb doesn't inspire much confidence.

#6939 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,052 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:44

Looking at Chaters' website, I get the impression they don't write the blurbs but simply put up what (if anything) the publishers give them. I suppose it's a Trade Descriptions Act issue.

Advertisement

#6940 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

• 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:50

I have noticed a 2012 book on the Jarama curcuit by Pablo Gimeno Valledor. Entitled "El Circuito Del Jarama" it comes in two volumes amounting to a total of 1142 pages. It is in Spanish and contains 1400 photos.

It is available from Motors Mania for 135 Euros - not bad for the quantity of paper.

http://www.motors-ma...nd-tome-2-.html

#6941 Paul Parker

Paul Parker

• 1,703 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:53

Intrigued that two months later this was the only mention I could find of my book. Have any of you seen it? Bought it? Cursed it? Asked Santa for it?!!

Hello Julian, I've been in London twice in the last 10 days and have not seen it, if I had I would have bought it.

Hope it does well anyway and well done for writing it there are not nearly enough books about the professional/semi-professional teams of the 1950s/60s and '70s and their personnel/principals.

#6942 Marticelli

Marticelli

• 281 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:29

Slightly OT but of great interest to anyone following the several discussions about cyclecars and other aero-engined specials, a nice Christmas present would be Brian Thorby's excellent book 'Douglas Light Aero Engines' published quite recently. As well as covering Douglas and related engines, it also covers almost every other small aero-engine of the 20s and 30s, and is stuffed with delightful images, line drawings and useful information which would be invaluable for the cyclecar or other special builder.

A well read addition to my own library, it has a lot of very authoritative information on a fascinating and diverse collection of engines which are seldom seen these days except in museum collections! Well done to TNF'r UKAde for getting his Blackburne Tomtit-engined Chater Lea cyclecar running for the Festival of Slowth earlier this year. Can't wait to see his Jappic replica finished and running next year.

Marticelli

#6943 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,696 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 13:15

Steve Wyatt's Motor Racing, the pursuit of victory 1963 to 1972 arrived 30 minutes before I was leaving for a couple of weeks, and it was not appropriate to take it with me. I have now had a good opportunity to look through it in the detail which it warrants. It is very, very good, IMHO. Whilst there are some track shots, not always of the usual suspects either, the main part comprises paddock shots of cars, usually sans bodywork, with people working on them, or people shots. Think also along the lines of the excellent Maurice Bruton shots generously posted by Tony Gallagher recently. The range of cars and characters is very wide, and invariably of the mechanics and drivers etc. It is very much in the vein of Peter Darley's brilliant Jim Clark/Team Lotus books, and is printed on gratifyingly good quality paper, so Veloce have done Steve proud for the price, albeit a year late.......... and makes an ideal companion for the Anthony Carter work covering the previous 3 decades. There are also little commentary vignettes from Bob Dance about various topics and shots.

Remember that Veloce are still offering 40% off until the end of December (Code: XMAS40)

#6944 continental

continental

• 46 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:37

CorsaResearch is proud to announce a new book by Tony Adriaensens. After the most successful ‘Ten days in Sicily’ and ‘Weekend Heroes’, Tony has accomplished a massive work on early Porsches in competition.

Titled ‘SportErfolge’, this magnificent photo-essay covers a part of the rich racing and rallying history of the Porsches from as early as 1951 when the Austrian-built Gmünd 356 challenged the early post-war racing scene. From there it goes all the way up to 1963 when the rare flat-eights showed great potential at the Targa Florio, Nürburgring and Le Mans. In between are many events, national and international, that slowly but surely put Porsche on pole position among the world’s finest competition cars.

Race meetings are laid out individually and chronologically, starting with the 1951 Coupe du Salon at Montlhéry and ending with the 1963 Le Mans 24 Hours endurance race, via Sestriere, Liège-Rome-Liège, Carrera Panamericana Mexico, Pebble Beach, numerous Swiss hill-climbs and more, much more. There are some truly amazing shots – Hans Herrmann in the 1954 Carrera Mexico class winning 550, full colour Mille Miglia and Bob Donner gunning his RS61 up Pikes Peak are just some examples. Paddock studies feature strongly, and Tony has retained a typical feel for the 1950s culture.

Cleverly, verbatim reports from old race journals are used to provide summaries of the action at each event, while extended captions to the pictures provide additional detail and background information on the cars and drivers.

Once again, Adriaensens has gathered together a fine selection of meticulous images, most of them taken by talented amateur photographers whose rare and vivid colours makes SportErfolge a must have – not only for the Porsche enthusiast, but for everyone interested in motorsport of the 1950s.

SportErfolge
245x220 mm
640 pages
113 full colour images
263 black/whites
hard cover
slipcase

185 €

I met with Tony yesterday when his new publication was presented and he graciously signed my copy. As we have become accustomed to with Adriaensens, the book is a true gem. It's the same format as 'Ten days in Sicily', but more expansive. Even if you have no taste for early racing Porsches, you could adore this book.

Many thanks Tony!

Mick

#6945 karlcars

karlcars

• 603 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:53

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at the Petersen Automotive Museum

Karl Ludvigsen Wins the 18th Annual Dean Batchelor Award

The Motor Press Guild came together on December 11 to honor the best automotive journalism of the year at the 18th Annual Dean Batchelor Award banquet at the Petersen Automotive Museum.

The 2012 Dean Batchelor Award went to Karl Ludvigsen for his book, "Porsche: Origin of the Species" (Bentley Publishers) which also earns Best Book of the Year.

FYI gang! And all the best for the holidays....

#6946 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,395 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 16:44

Congratulations! :clap:

#6947 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,001 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 16:44

Karl:

Congratulations!

As a (valuable) aside, the book is selling very well...

Frank

#6948 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:09

Just received my copy of Porsche 917-021 - The Fabulous Story. It's an incredible production, filled with fantastic photos of the innards of the car, including inside the engine. My favorite images are of the rarely seen underside of the engine, and of the many layers of paint revealed as the body was stripped. There is a full racing history with photos of the car in every race it competed in, and a history of the car's subsequent owners and drivers. A tour de force.

#6949 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

• 237 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 16:32

I met with Tony yesterday when his new publication was presented and he graciously signed my copy. As we have become accustomed to with Adriaensens, the book is a true gem. It's the same format as 'Ten days in Sicily', but more expansive. Even if you have no taste for early racing Porsches, you could adore this book.

Many thanks Tony!

Mick

I have just received a copy of Tony Adriaensens' 'Sport Erfolge' book. I can support this favourable opinion. The book has been published to the usual high standard that typifies the output of CorsaResearch. The photo reproduction is great and the images are worth more than 1000 words. Lovely slipcase too. Highly recommended!

#6950 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,038 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 21:47

One for Mille Miglia fanatics..
Came across a copy of '722'.

A book produced by Stirling Moss' merchandising firm in 2005 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Moss/Jenks victory at the Mille Miglia 1955.
I have to be careful, DCN has produced this one..
Originally (?) only available with a model car of the 300SLR or a replica of the famous loo-roll. Of course both expensive.

Now it seems that the book is available alone ..Chaters, Horton has some and thesignaturestore.co.uk

Very interesting small book with lots of photographs before and during the MM.

Certainly a collectors item..Hefty price at 72 GBP..with model 150GBP and I think(?) with roll 722GBP.

You have to be glad that Stirling drove no Isetta with starting number 2330...what prices would that mean??

Regards Michael

Edited by Tuboscocca, 21 December 2012 - 21:48.