The book thread: In memory of Pete Fenelon

• Please log in to reply
7924 replies to this topic

#2151 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 21:20

Originally posted by Abat Hernaez
Thanks Pete and Bjørn for your answers, you have convinced me to buy it, it looks like the sports car nirvana :up:

I have already looked at "open roads" and "winged sportscars" but i prefer to study "Time and two seats" first. No doubt both books will follow later :smoking:

I found this book(TATS) on Chaters' site at a good price, just plucking up the courage to ask senior management to buy it for my birthday :rolleyes: it is inevitable that I will obtain a copy............

Advertisement

#2152 green-blood

green-blood

• 706 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 22:03

anyone waivering on TATS, dont. its simply brilliant.

The first 2 (of 4??) of the photo books are fantastic additions, but it stands alone as a seminal work. I dont regret one penny of its substantial cost.

tell senior management you are considering a change of career... :p

#2153 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 22:19

Originally posted by green-blood
anyone waivering on TATS, dont. its simply brilliant.

The first 2 (of 4??) of the photo books are fantastic additions, but it stands alone as a seminal work. I dont regret one penny of its substantial cost.

tell senior management you are considering a change of career... :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#2154 pilota

pilota

• 200 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 20:31

Originally posted by Jack-the-Lad

I've recently been advised that there is no English version of the limited edition of "Ferrari: The Red Dream".
Can anyone here confirm or refute this?
Thank you.
Jack

I saw it listed by Chaters recently. When I rang they told me that it is in English. 2 versions - standard and metal !! cover. Maybe give them a call.
Nathan

#2155 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,429 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:47

Originally posted by pilota

I saw it listed by Chaters recently. When I rang they told me that it is in English. 2 versions - standard and metal !! cover. Maybe give them a call.
Nathan

Thank you, Nathan.

Jack

#2156 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 17:45

I can't find any mention of this so here goes:

'Norman Dewis of Jaguar - Developing the Legend' By Paul Skilleter

I'm sure many of you have heard of, read about or even met Norman Dewis, Jaguar's ex test development engineer and works team driver. I've known Norman for some time and he's a fabulous guy, always happy to chat about his past work and nearly always comes up with yet another tale no one knew about from his 33 years at Jaguar! And he's still very active at historic events to this day, aged 86.

As an example, at breakfast with him last year, and talking about XJ13 that he famously crashed, he spotted in a magazine he was reading that its max speed was given as 178mph. Norman grumbled, then recounted how he had been at Bruntingthorpe, the old RAF (and very long) runway near Leicester. 'We got over 200mph there (206mph I believe) and the car felt superb. I didn't even have to grip the wheel ... the car could have achieved 215-220mph on the Mulsanne straight." That little fact was, we believe, until then unknown.

This and much, much more about Norman's entire life to date, is now available in book form told by author Paul Skilleter. The large format (225 x 297mm) book has 576pp with approaching 1000 illustrations. It's a fantastic read - Paul told me he estimates it took him two whole years of 9 - 5 work to complete - but spread over FIVE years. It isn't cheap but when you look at the work that went into it, you'll see why - there are 20 pages devoted to the XJ13 for instance with much info that's not been seen or told before (pic below from 1965/66).

In six weeks, over half the entire First Edition has already been sold since published on 1st December 2006. It comes in both normal binding (1000 copies printed) plus a Leather LE in slipcase of just 150 copies. EVERY book of both editions is individually signed in ink by both Norman and Paul. I just spotted one LE on eBay (very sad reason for sale) if anyone is looking for a possible bargain (190070840317).

I need to say that although involved with the book myself, indexing and providing some photos, I have no personal financial interest in it whatsoever. I just hope Paul's effort, a really long labour of love on behalf of a fantastic guy, one who has given so much pleasure and contributed to so many legendary cars, is justly rewarded by people buying and reading the book.

Paul has talked of a second edition as so much had to be left out to keep the book size manageable. For those that know 'Mon Ami Mate', this book is a bit larger from the cover view and about half as thick again!

More about it here:
http://www.paulskill....com/norman.php

Here are some photos from the book, courtesy and Copyright Paul Skilleter:

Norman in D-type No 8 reaches the end of the pit straight at Le Mans in 1955 where he was part of
the Jaguar team with Mike Hawthorn. Unfortunately, his co-driver Don Beauman put the car into the
sand at Arnage. If it hadn't been for this, Norman thinks they could have finished fourth:
Posted Image

The one-and-only XJ13 being assembled at Jaguar's Browns Lane development facility sometime in
1965/66. The large sills contain the fuel tanks, minimising the large front/rear weight distribution
change experienced with the D-type as the fuel was used:
Posted Image

XJ13 at rest during 1971 at M.I.R.A with Norman alongside:
Posted Image

And here are a few of my own more recent pics of Norman, starting at Goodwood a couple of
years back and including several of well-known Forum member Doug Nye interviewing him:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Norman still has an eye for the girls ...
Posted Image

although, he looks a bit apprehensive here (they are sucking red lollipops!)....
Posted Image

Long term Norman-fan Ginger Corda travelled over specifically from Florida to meet and get a drive
with Norman at Goodwood in Nov 2004....
Posted Image

Norman and a mascot from the marque he is most associated with:
Posted Image

and with an example of the Jaguar Mk 1 that he helped develop:
Posted Image

And here he is in one cat with another taking an interest (XJ13 is a replica)
Posted Image

Norman engaged in a very familiar task to him - signing things!
Posted Image

And with his great chum Win Percy at Donington in 2002 prior to Win's accident at home:
Posted Image

And finally he's off on yet another world trip:
Posted Image

There's also an extract here from the book where Norman discusses and compares the drivers he worked with in the '50s:
http://www.mike-hawt...ndewis-mike.php

Thanks for looking.

Tony Bailey
Mike Hawthorn Tribute Site http://www.mike-hawthorn.org.uk/

#2157 PRD

PRD

• 321 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:17

Originally posted by PRD

I've had the latest Wimpffen picture book on order from Amazon since September and now been given a delivery date at the end of Feb :mad:

Ran out of patience with Amazon and bought the book from Chaters at the Autosport Show yesterday as they were selling it with a tenner off.

Amazon have refunded my gift voucher so not too badly out of pocket.

Fantastic book :cool:

#2158 Magee

Magee

• 379 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 18:45

Thanks, Tony, for a very close and interesting spread of photos. They seem to represent the past with love and affection all around, something missing in the modern racing scene nowadays. :)

#2159 Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

• 65 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:15

Bought the brand new Autocourse Official History of the Indianapolis 500 yesterday from the Crash Media stand at the Autosport Show. Too early to give a review but dipping in last night this book looks to be top notch, everything you would expect from Autocourse. Some excellent pictures and full results from all 90 races to date (it includes 2006). Also an annex of year by year rookie drivers.
Well worth a look.

Was also hoping to get Grand Prix Sabatouers, by Joe Saward, as previewed in in F1 Racing but neither Hortons or Chaters had a copy.

Advertisement

#2160 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,840 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 16:21

I visited "Book Bargains" again in Rochester High Street,Kent, yesterday and bagged a few bargains. "Alain Prost" the Christopher Hilton biography cost a mere £5.00, and as I was departing, the owner suggested I look at the Special Offer table........"Pole Position" the inside story of Williams-Renault with foreward by Damon Hill, and "Grand Prix Year Damon Hill" the inside story of a Formula One season, I had not thought about buying these last two, but took them anyway at just £0.75p each!Both were in immaculate condition and are in large format with excellent photographs, just browsed them so far but they look like a good read.All three for just £6.50 :rolleyes:

oh....if anyone is interested the owner has a few more copies of both of these Damon Hill titles in stock......

Sterling

#2161 PRD

PRD

• 321 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 17:51

Cheap copy of TATS on e-bay now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...50626&rd=1&rd=1

#2162 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,840 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 18:04

Originally posted by PRD

Thanks PRD, I am right on it! :up:

#2163 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,521 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 21:25

Originally posted by PRD

That's the faulty one that failed to sell:

Book I pages 539 - 570 missing & pages 571-600 printed twice

#2164 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,840 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 21:50

Originally posted by Vitesse2

That's the faulty one that failed to sell:

Is it? I am an e-bay newbie also :rolleyes:

However, not that new that I put a bid in for it, I put it under "watched items" or whatever the term is. Thanks for the tip....have to remember...if it appears to be to good to be true....it probably is!

Sterling

#2165 philippe charuest

philippe charuest

• 701 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 20:22

no not always i bought the BRM vol2 of M.Nye for 20$ ,and many other book too like "power and glory "by w.court and "grand prix cars by Setright for around 20$ too . theres often some pearls who are not spot by the bidders then i jump on it :)

#2166 HDonaldCapps

HDonaldCapps

• 2,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:12

I noticed somewhere that Christopher Hilton will have a book out on the 1982 GP/F1 season in the Spring, I think it might be May. Interesting that it has taken so long for this to happen since this is a made-to-order situation for a book.

When Hilton got in touch with me when he was working on the Nuvolari book, he was nothing like what I expected, I really enjoyed working with him.

#2167 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,745 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:01

Well, he's got his latest Great Unwashed book (about St Michael) so I guess it's now time for his Enthusiast book.

#2168 VWV

VWV

• 279 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:49

This book looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to reading it.

The Grand Prix Saboteurs is the remarkable true story of how three motor racing stars of the 1920s and 1930s worked together as British secret agents during World War II in Occupied France.

It is a story that has never been told before. Based on 18 years of research by Formula 1 reporter Joe Saward, the story dazzles with swashbuckling – yet true - escapes, shocking betrayals and a story that you will never forget.

The story begins with “W Williams", a mysterious figure - even when he was one of the top Grand Prix drivers of the day, driving for the Bugatti factory team.

"Some said he was a wealthy sportsman because he drove a magnificent town car - an Hispano Suiza," remembered Rene Dreyfus, one of his celebrated rivals. "Others thought that he was one of the livery men who operated from the Place de l'Opera in Paris and hired out his car and his services as a chauffeur to wealthy clients. No-one knew for sure."

What they did know was that he was an Englishman, who spoke perfect French, and that he was the most successful British racing driver of the 1920s - more successful in Grand Prix racing than even the celebrated Henry Segrave. He was the winner of the first Monaco Grand Prix in 1929 and two French GP victories and a win in Belgium.

"W Williams" was really Willy Grover, the son an English horse breeder who moved to Paris in the 1890s to help a Russian prince fulfill his dream of breeding the perfect horse. His mother was French and he grew up in France and Monaco. After the war Willy acquired an old US Army motorcycle and began racing, adopting his pseudonym because he did not want his mother to know about the risks he was taking. Bikes led to cars - but the pseudonym remained. At the start of his career he was a chauffeur in Paris but later when success brought fame and fortune, he married a beautiful Frenchwoman and retired to the country to live the life of a landed gentleman, splitting his time between a house in Paris and a villa on the French Riviera.

When war broke out in 1939 he enlisted in the British Army as a humble private soldier with the Royal Army Service Corps, driving Generals from meeting to meeting. After the German invasion of France, Willy Grover found himself in England, separated from his beloved wife, and keen to return home. When the War Office spotted his unusual linguistic talents and steely nerves, he was taken on by the Special Operations Executive (SOE) and trained to be a secret agent. Willy parachuted to France in the summer of 1942, at a time all the other British networks had been infiltrated and detroyed by German intelligence.

His mission was to create sabotage teams to prepare for the D-Day landings - whenever they might come.

Looking for brave and resourceful Frenchmen, willing to stand up and fight, he enlisted the help of an old racing rival Robert Benoist, France's top racing star in the 1920s, winner of a string of Grands Prix and of the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Together they formed the most extraordinary resistance network of the war.

The Grand Prix Saboteurs is an illustrated paperback of 346 pages. It is available for £12.99 in the UK and $24.99 in the US. It is published by Morienval Press (ISBN 978-0-9554868-0-7)

http://www.morienval.com/

#2169 Abat Hernaez

Abat Hernaez

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:42

I have received Paul Skilleter´s "Norman Dewis of Jaguar - Developing the Legend'" an hour ago and i have to say that after looking briefly i´m simply stunned by the quality of the edition. There are lots of drawings, maps and letter reproductions in full color spread across the whole book, and the quality of the photos is also excellent. Thumbs up to the publishers, it´s very apparent that a lot of care have been taken in the edition of the book. I find the book´s cover style quite "retro" too, i like it :p

#2170 green-blood

green-blood

• 706 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 14:55

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

ERA - much cheaper than mine was darn it!!

#2171 green-blood

green-blood

• 706 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 14:58

anyone got any info on this - up on amazon but no due date. Would go nicely with the TargaFlorio book I recently got.

Posted Image

#2172 Pete Aron

Pete Aron

• 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 16:41

Which biography of Tazio Nuvolari provides the best insights into the driver and the fascinating time in which he raced? There have been many biographical efforts about him over the years and I hope to make an informed purchase. Chris Nixon's superb "Racing the Silver Arrows" contains a brief treatment of Nuvolari, but it merely whet my appetite for a comprehensive treatment of his life. Christopher Hilton, naturally, has written about this racing giant too, but I have been left distinctly unimpressed by Hilton's other efforts Thanks.

Frank

#2173 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 3,101 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 18:20

Originally posted by Pete Aron
Which biography of Tazio Nuvolari provides the best insights into the driver and the fascinating time in which he raced?

I have no idea which is the best, but Johnny Lurani's book (rendered into English by John Eason Gibson) is an account written nearer the time by someone who was there and involved.
A modern book may be better researched and more analytical but won't be the same.

#2174 Antoine Pilette

Antoine Pilette

• 253 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 18:56

JP Delsaux book on the GP de Bruxelles has been released.... I should get my copy soon!

#2175 E.B.

E.B.

• 1,966 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 21:10

Does anyone know anywhere in the UK that sells books / magazines / DVDs of American champ car racing from the 50s or 60s?

Top of the "must get" list are the Clint Brawner / Joe Scalzo book "Indy 500 Mechanic", Dorie Sweikert's book "Along for the Ride", any old editions of "Auto Racing Memories" magazine, and any DVDs by the legend that is Dick Wallen.

Gradually, via eBay, Foyles, Motorbooks, simonlewisbooks, Autosport shows etc I've built quite a healthy library over the years, but my paranoia about buying anything online (except by cheque) has occasionally been a hindrance.

Of course, if any UK based TNFers have any unwanted copies lying around, then I would be glad to relieve you of them in exchange for swelling your piggybank, or failing that just drop me a PM with your full address and details of when you will be away on holiday :up:

Many thanks.

#2176 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,521 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 21:32

EB: if you're that paranoid about making your bank details available, can I suggest using Paypal? Quite a number of US dealers will accept Paypal payments (it's not just for eBay!) and you avoid any conversion charges which your bank or credit card company might impose. Your financial details are not passed to the payee: all he gets is the payment. The stuff you're after is probably only easily available in the US and some UK retailers just tend to take the $ price and substitute a £ sign! With the rate still at nearly 2 bucks to the pound that doesn't make much sense.

Or you could find a friendly Canadian dealer: Canadian banks will accept £ Sterling cheques.

#2177 Alan Lewis

Alan Lewis

• 379 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 21:36

Originally posted by VWV
This book looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to reading it.

The Grand Prix Saboteurs is the remarkable true story of how three motor racing stars of the 1920s and 1930s worked together as British secret agents during World War II in Occupied France.

It is a story that has never been told before. Based on 18 years of research by Formula 1 reporter Joe Saward, the story dazzles with swashbuckling – yet true - escapes, shocking betrayals and a story that you will never forget...

Excellent, I've been looking forward to this for years (eighteen of them apparently...). Saward put an article about this in Autosport when he worked there way back when and it said at the end of that that "a book is in the making".

Always enjoyed his style in Autosport and, as the Colonel said above about 1982, this story is just begging to be told (as fact, rather than the Early One Morning "faction" of a few years ago).

Should be good.

APL

#2178 pilota

pilota

• 200 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 21:57

Originally posted by Jack-the-Lad

I've recently been advised that there is no English version of the limited edition of "Ferrari: The Red Dream".

Can anyone here confirm or refute this?

Thank you.

Jack

Hi Jack
My English metal cover version arrived today. Very nice book, good quality - cover is a bit of a gimmick - photo and description here http://www.libreriad...asp?IDBook=8283
Probably only for those who have to have everything
Nathan

#2179 E.B.

E.B.

• 1,966 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 22:09

Thanks for the tips, Vitesse2 :up:

Advertisement

#2180 Mal9444

Mal9444

• 1,246 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 22:31

EB: if you're that paranoid about making your bank details available, can I suggest using Paypal? Quite a number of US dealers will accept Paypal payments (it's not just for eBay!) and you avoid any conversion charges which your bank or credit card company might impose. Your financial details are not passed to the payee: all he gets is the payment. The stuff you're after is probably only easily available in the US and some UK retailers just tend to take the $ price and substitute a £ sign! With the rate still at nearly 2 bucks to the pound that doesn't make much sense.

Or you could find a friendly Canadian dealer: Canadian banks will accept £ Sterling cheques.

I've stopped buying on eBay since PayPal told me I had reached my credit card purchase limit (£250 - their credit card limit, not the credit card company's) and insisted I give them my bank details so that they could take the money out of my bank account themselves. May be irrational (I pay other variable bills, e.g. mobile phone, by direct debit) but what really hacked me off was the difficulty of finding a human at PayPal with whom to communicate. Even when I did get that far, the human (as I assume it to have been) nonetheless insisted on replying to my specific questions with what were clearly cut-and-paste stock answers.

I felt there was a big difference between giving a specific company my bank account details through the (perhaps illusory) secure medium of a written form and bank mandate and simply publishing those details on-line. So I share E.B's concerns.

Presumably all those TNFers who buy things on eBay have been happy to hand over their bank details, and had no problem?

#2181 Mark Godfrey

Mark Godfrey

• 147 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 22:44

After providing bank info, you can still pay via credit card on PayPal, though it is not the default.
My guess is they would like to avoid credit card use, as the fees eat into their fees/profits!

I've stopped buying on eBay since PayPal told me I had reached my credit card purchase limit (£250 - their credit card limit, not the credit card company's) and insisted I give them my bank details so that they could take the money out of my bank account themselves.

#2182 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,521 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 23:20

Originally posted by Mark Godfrey

My guess is they would like to avoid credit card use, as the fees eat into their fees/profits!

Exactly, Mark. I used to pay Paypal via a debit card, but now have it linked direct into my account. This is a bit slower for the seller, since you are paying by e-cheque rather than electronic cash. But about 50% of sellers treat all Paypal transactions as immediate, so I have no real trouble there. I've even used Paypal to pay an Australian bookshop: if you ask, it's surprising how many companies will accept it, even if they don't advertise it as an acceptable method.

Mal9444: I don't understand your concern about "publishing ... details on-line". Your account details never go past Paypal, so even if you have no idea about the seller's reputation, he's not going to get your bank account number. The only concern might be if your Paypal password is the same as any other one you use - but it has to be different from your eBay password anyway.

#2183 Jeff Weinbren

Jeff Weinbren

• 99 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:08

Any feedback on this book "Jose Froilan Gonzales: The Pampas Bull" ?.
Thanks,
Jeff.

#2184 philippe charuest

philippe charuest

• 701 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 18:53

EB: if you're that p................

canadian dealer for motorsport books ? . i dont know any good one and amazon.CA doesnt have any inventory. so myself i buy everything from american sellers tru abebooks or e-bay. or in the new stuff at amazon.COM. not by choice but in canada theres nothing . if you know any good place please share

#2185 Magee

Magee

• 379 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 19:40

Isn't abebooks Canadian?

#2186 philippe charuest

philippe charuest

• 701 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 20:03

Originally posted by Magee
Isn't abebooks Canadian?

true .i thinq it originate from british columbia. but now its quite international. they advertise the books of 13000 different sellers . but in the motorsport history area not much sellers are in canada.

#2187 Magee

Magee

• 379 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 20:45

Another dealer comes to mind -- Wilkinson's in Vancouver. You'll find their website on the internet.

Give them a glance.

#2188 green-blood

green-blood

• 706 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:46

Norman Dewis book

My thanks to tonyb (post 2151), for pointing me in the right direction with his enthusiastic post, I won the auction he highlighted and I'm delighted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...40317&rd=1&rd=1

#2189 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:00

Originally posted by green-blood
Norman Dewis book

My thanks to tonyb (post 2151), for pointing me in the right direction with his enthusiastic post, I won the auction he highlighted and I'm delighted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...40317&rd=1&rd=1

:up: Pleased to be of assistance.

A shame that the seller's father couldn't read it as intended but at least it has gone to a sympathetic home now. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Tony Bailey

#2190 green-blood

green-blood

• 706 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:32

agreed, I hope the message I sent comforts them that I will cherish the volume.

without meaning to sound crass, I have over the past 5 years gathered a lot of the books I've longed after for so long, mostly second hand. I'm sure most of these have long histories and were owned by enthusiasts over the years. Its sad to think that many of these cherished volumes get discarded as "old books" after the deaths of their owners.

I kinda prefer good readable used books to plastic coated collectors items

#2191 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 16:11

FWIW, talking to Paul, if you want a copy of Norman Dewis' book, you will have to be quick folks! :cool:

There are only 170 of the 1000 Std Edition copies left and 32 of the 150 Leather bound ones. And that's been achieved in only seven weeks or so, not bad for a highly specialist book - but it's all about a very special person of course.

A reprint is being looked at but will take time - also any 2nd Edition will NOT automatically be signed by both Paul and Norman as ALL the 1st Edition ones have been.

More here:
http://www.paulskill....com/norman.php

Tony

#2192 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,840 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 20:19

"Racing In The Rain" was finally delivered today, not bad for Xmas! Pictures look great on 1st glance, I have a lot of reading to catch up before I can start this book, not helped by the current storms and the power cuts :rolleyes:

#2193 flat-16

flat-16

• 478 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 20:43

Originally posted by tonyb
FWIW, talking to Paul, if you want a copy of Norman Dewis' book, you will have to be quick folks! :cool:

There are only 170 of the 1000 Std Edition copies left and 32 of the 150 Leather bound ones.

Tony

:eek:

I just put my order through - I hope I don't miss the boat!

Thanks for the warning Tony.

I enjoyed your pictures of Norman with different varieties of cat :up:

Justin

#2194 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 4,927 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 22:55

Originally posted by Mal9444
Presumably all those TNFers who buy things on eBay have been happy to hand over their bank details, and had no problem?

Absolutely. No problem whatsover.

#2195 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 23:09

Likewise... :up:

#2196 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 23:26

Originally posted by flat-16

:eek:

I just put my order through - I hope I don't miss the boat!

Thanks for the warning Tony.

I enjoyed your pictures of Norman with different varieties of cat :up:

Justin

You'll be okay and glad you enjoyed the pics!

Here's another - Norman is never slow to help straighten out a mechanic's problems! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Tony

#2197 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 00:40

For those of you whose first encounter with David Tremayne's excellent books was The Lost Generation - a very well-priced Ebay copy of his previous classic Racers Apart. £3.99 at the moment and worth a lot more than that.

#2198 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:19

Originally posted by Allen Brown
Absolutely. No problem whatsover.

Same, no problems in eight years of use and 1000+ eBay transactions.

#2199 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:30

I too have had no problems through years of ebay transactions; but then, I know a man who has!

And therein lies the problem. It's all about law of averages I suspect. After all, we all cross the road at some point in our lives, don't we?

Advertisement

#2200 flat-16

flat-16

• 478 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 13:14

Originally posted by tonyb

You'll be okay and glad you enjoyed the pics!

Here's another - Norman is never slow to help straighten out a mechanic's problems! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Tony

I wish my mechanic had legs like that :D

Justin