Photo

The book thread: In memory of Pete Fenelon

• Please log in to reply
7721 replies to this topic

#2701 Tom Vandenhecke

Tom Vandenhecke

• 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 21:10

I'm also wondering if it will be worth buying "Sportscar in camera" if you already have Wimpffen's photobooks?

Advertisement

#2702 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 21:28

Originally posted by Tom Vandenhecke
I'm also wondering if it will be worth buying "Sportscar in camera" if you already have Wimpffen's photobooks?

I've not seen it yet, but if it is up to the standard of Paul's previous offerings in this series on GP cars of the 60s and 70s it will be well worth having. Picture selection in the previous two has been first class, with illuminating and accurate captions.

Usual disclaimers.

#2703 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,388 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 21:55

Paul's a TNFer by the way...

Jack.

#2704 Mark A

Mark A

• 1,119 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 21:09

Just picked up the Epynt book this evening and have to say it looks great, only read a few bits so far, mainly the guys I competed against in Historics about 10 years ago.

Some great pictures, only disappointment was the Epynt map, I had hoped after reading the info on it that it was going to be more OS like.

Overall looking forward to have a good read of it.

#2705 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,165 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 21:20

Originally posted by Mark A
found a picture of a car I've navigated in in recent years with it's new owner. (Alun Rees car from the 68 Bristowe)

The car/driver that won the (first?) Tour of Eppynt (1967?)?

#2706 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,810 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 21:34

Originally posted by Mark A
Just picked up the Epynt book this evening and have to say it looks great, only read a few bits so far, mainly the guys I competed against in Historics about 10 years ago.

Some great pictures, only disappointment was the Epynt map, I had hoped after reading the info on it that it was going to be more OS like.

Overall looking forward to have a good read of it.

That is a superb book, with some great pictures and wonderful memories of spectating and servicing up on the ranges, whilst the rain lashed down...as only it can in Welsh wales on a cold Saturdat night/Sunday morning ;) I got mine as a Xmas present, but managed to read it before it was wrapped :smoking:

#2707 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:36

To Paul Parkers book on "Sports Cars in Camera" I will judging by his Formula 1 in Camera not hesitate one moment. Paul has allready reveiled a bit on the Porsche 904 thread , and his other books are superb! If you like sportsracers this must be a must! Wimppfens books are also superb , but covering a larger time period and also showing a bit of the environment in those days. I believe Pauls book will be more to action with the actual racers and then in colour to a great degree , and then there is the price !. If this book will be the succes it promises, there is room for one more ! l

#2708 continental

continental

• 46 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 19:58

'Racing Team Holland, The History of The Dutch Racing Team', is a new book by Rob Wiedenhoff (wellknown Dutch journalist and author of many books) and Ed Heuvink (who did a wonderful tome on the Scuderia Filipinetti). It's published in the English language and should be on sale from next week on. There's a short preview on the website of friendly booksellers www.autonetclassic.nl. This could be a very interesting book.
Regards,

Mick

#2709 figoni

figoni

• 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 21:54

Hi
I dont know if anyone has ever heard of this but I several years ago ordered a copy of Adatto's Passion to Perfection. To cut a long story short I have waited for a couple of years for my copy, which I was advised would have to be the second edition, didnt particularly worry me. So then I see chaters, motorbooks etc. advertising the second edition. To which I enquired back to the website of Mr. Adatto to ask why I havent seen my copy.
This is where things get very interesting, this second edition is a "unauthorised" edition, and aparantly not at the same quality level as the first, and there is now court action happening, I KNOW. :confused:

Has anyone ever heard of this happening ?? :confused:
Timmmmmmmmmy

#2710 red stick

red stick

• 2,288 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 17:14

Gordon Kirby wrote a book about the Unser family in the late 1980's. Its reissue a few years ago prompted this warning on his website:

Don't buy this book!
The only example of work Gordon wants to disavow is a reprint from the fall of 2005 of a book he wrote about the Unser family back in 1988. The reprint has his name on the cover but was published entirely without any authorization by or business agreement with him so that Gordon has had to tell fans who bought the reprinted book and asked for an autograph that he cannot sign the book. This is a sad but all too true affair. Thankfully, it's the only project Gordon feels he must publicly deny any involvement with.

http://www.gordonkirby.com/index.html

I don't know how many other "unauthorized" reprints there have been but it evidently happens.

#2711 MichaelM

MichaelM

• 57 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 20:46

Just saw in the latest Motorbooks USA catalog that there is a new book
called Penske Racing Team; 40 years of Excellence by Alan Hummel coming out.
272 pages, 8"x9", 150 pics.
If it doesn't concentrate to much on the last few years in Nascar, it could
be an interesting book.

Michael

#2712 Herbert

Herbert

• 337 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 21:02

Here you can find some more infos and excerpts of the Penske book:

Penske book

#2713 Mark Godfrey

Mark Godfrey

• 147 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 22:27

Regarding From Passion to Perfection by Richard Adatto, it is promoted with the same ISBN# 2912838223 as the first printing (plus a new required 13 digit number) indicating the publisher is the same (SPE Barthelemy) the binding is the same, and it is probably not updated. It appears to be a new printing by the original publisher. Perhaps the author wanted to do an updated edition and was not given the chance, or it is copyrighted by the publisher, or both.

UNSER an American Family Portrait by Gordon Kirby was published in 1988 by Anlon Press. The book lists Anlon as the copyright holder. They appear to be no longer in business and the copyright was not registered. Apparently MBI republished the work as Unser Legacy: Four Generations of Speed figuring it was in the public domain (and it may well be). Most unfortunate.

A publisher should register the work, and do so in the author's name, unless another arrangement is agreed to by all.

#2714 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,388 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 23:25

Has anyone received Brothers Rodriguez in English? If so, please post your impressions.

Thanks!

Jack

#2715 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

• 184 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:31

DAN GURNEY' S EAGLE RACING CARS Zimmerman book just delivered in France this morning

Though the book fill a hole on a complete Eagle cars history that was never completed so far, I feel a bit disappointed on some aspects of the contend :

1 Rare or never seen images are rare .For the Eagle F1 and Indy cars, I expected more.An in depth research iconography hasn 't been completed, that ' s evident.
(To illustrate my comments : the 67 Eagle F1 season, the best and larger entries one , is covered only with ...2 pics !)

2 There are technicals parts pics but no detailed drawings or blueprints .That ' s the most disappointing point for me.The access to Gurney archives seems scarce . should have delivered more stuff .Technical specifications of the cars are long time well known ones , but more technicals figures like weight ratios , spring rates , ect ... are missing .Infos is finally less detailed than stuff I have found elsewhere.Sim racing engine modellers reproducing car handling will not benefit of infos in this book

3 The chassis numbers are missing (at least for the Indy cars and the F1 cars, ABB Eagle ' s followers would expect name of chassis owners , all the races entered by each car ) .Gurney when they sold their cars have certainly the first owner and driver on their records .

4 Only race victories and pole positions are mentionned .
Was it too much than get the complete results for all chassis on Indy races ?

5 Bibliography doesn 't insist too much on AAR archives, but seems mainly based on traditionnal mags
infos ( US and UK mag ).Again, a larger mags research wld have been welcome.

A good point though :

the part covering the STILLBORN EAGLES and noticeable is the comments on the Tony Southgate 1969 eagle Mark VI project, with pics of the all magnesium body frame, with COLOR PICS .This car was built around the new V 12 engine weslake,and not for the Cosworth DFV, as believed by some sources

In conclusion, a general and sustainable effort on Eagle filiation, but a lack of examined in depths .Perhaps, I expected too much .The book effort should have gained to have twice more pages on that subject...

Fact is on many aspects, though of a smaller format,the previous LUDVIGSEN book cover as well or even
more in details the aspects of the sixties period. Many infos seems a copy and paste from Ludgvisen , who worked mainly from his library, and not with Gurney cooperation.

Anyway,the book isn 't avoidable in any collector library.

Michel

#2716 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,565 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 14:33

Looking at another thread to do with the colour of the spokes on P4 0854 reminded me to look through DCN's excellent "The Colonel's Ferraris" again. Well worth buying if you can find a copy

Roger Lund.

#2717 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

• 184 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 22:45

yes Bob, is when we can rely on a small details , that we taste the sweet books from others average ones .

once friends at ABB will get the GURNEY' s EAGLE RACING CAR BOOK , they can have a look there .I posted chronoligical infos and various pics selected for their interest on all the AAR T 1 G 102, 103, and 104 chassis numbers during 67 season .

http://teamplayers-v...er=asc&start=60

Go from page 5 to Page 8 (Brands Hatch Race of Champion to Mexico last 67 race)

michel

#2718 Paul Parker

Paul Parker

• 1,685 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 16:59

I recall that the Colonel's car was actually what was in period referred to as a 330P3/4 or more correctly 412P. Without going into detail it differed in various ways to the works P4s and was not nearly as fast.

#2719 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,129 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 17:54

Originally posted by Paul Parker
I recall that the Colonel's car was actually what was in period referred to as a 330P3/4 or more correctly 412P. Without going into detail it differed in various ways to the works P4s and was not nearly as fast.

This is straying from the subject of books, but I would imagine that most of the reduced performance would have been due to a much lower rev limit on the Colonel's car, Maranello Concessionaires was not a large operation in those days, and they must have had to keep costs down in various ways, a blown V12 would make a big hole in any privateer team's budget. Colonel Hoare also owned a large Ford dealership in Bournemouth, and I bought two or three cars from there. In a wooden building at the side of the showroom, existed the most splendid model railway layout I've ever seen, his pride and joy. After taking delivery of a new Capri sometime in the early 80s, the salesman gave me a guided tour, and it was a memorable experience, though sadly Colonel Hoare wasn't around to give a demonstration. I don't know how profitable the Ferrari retail operation was back then, but the Ford site was eventually sold to Tesco, it was said to clear a massive overdraft.

Advertisement

#2720 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 23,843 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 18:28

Originally posted by Vitesse2
Sir Jackie Stewart has signed a contract with Headline Publishing in the UK to write an autobiography. Presumably he needs something to fill his time now he's no longer President of the BRDC, but he is of course famously dyslexic .... :lol:

Headline buys Formula 1 champ’s memoirs

HEADLINE has bought the memoirs of Formula 1 legend and three-times World Champion racing driver Sir Jackie Stewart. Now a businessman, his is “one of the last great stories to tell in the world of sport,” according to David Wilson, Headline Sports Publisher. “He has led a fascinating life and his book will reflect that. Motor racing runs through the core of the book, but Sir Jackie’s stories go beyond sport.” Publication is set for autumn 2007.

Well, it seems to be on time ....

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/0755315375

#2721 Paul Parker

Paul Parker

• 1,685 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 21:29

It was a bit more than a reduced rev limit, if indeed that had anything to do with it. The P4 had fuel injection and 3 valves per cylinder with a new Ferrari gearbox as compared to the 412P's 2 valve per cylinder engine, Weber carbs and ZF transaxle.

It was more powerful, leagues faster and the lap times prove it, even allowing for any driver differences and the relative impecunity of customer teams like Maranello. I suspect that it was about this time that the costs involved in racing and maintaining the ever more sophisticated and evolving technology was probably becoming too much for anybody but the factory. Additionally you can be sure that the works cars had other unpublicised advantages too, the customer cars ceased to be on or near par after 1964.

#2722 dewittereus

dewittereus

• 103 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 22:05

Originally posted by continental
'Racing Team Holland, The History of The Dutch Racing Team', is a new book by Rob Wiedenhoff (wellknown Dutch journalist and author of many books) and Ed Heuvink (who did a wonderful tome on the Scuderia Filipinetti). It's published in the English language and should be on sale from next week on. There's a short preview on the website of friendly booksellers www.autonetclassic.nl. This could be a very interesting book.
Regards,

Mick

the url does not work somehow, hope this does: http://www.autonetclassic.nl/

#2723 leestohr

leestohr

• 28 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:52

The Gurney book is very disappointing. How could anyone do less for Gurney than Dees did for Miller, Nye for BRM? I know much more material was sent to the author than ended up in the book.
The publishers scheme of handing out an extra 36pages for $225 is particularly annoying.
Fortunately I'm young enough I can wait for a serious Gurney history.

#2724 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

• 184 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:46

Originally posted by leestohr
The Gurney book is very disappointing. How could anyone do less for Gurney Nye for BRM? I know much more material was sent to the author than ended up in the book.
The publishers scheme of handing out an extra 36pages for $225 is particularly annoying.
Fortunately I'm young enough I can wait for a serious Gurney history.

Yes, and I am expecting more for the October Vol 3 Doug Nye BRM Saga than what is on the Zimmerman book

What kind of material exactly was sended to zimmerman ?

I doubt there will be one serious and detailed book on the EAGLES one day .Does Gurney feel it will have to open his archives again ?

From his forewords in the book, I feel alas it is a definitive book for him :confused: .

Unlike Tony Rudd for DCN BRM vol 1 and 2 , perhaps with all his busy schedules, Gurney or others old members at AAR didn 't have time to answer more to technical questions to Zimmerman ? It ' s at least the feeling I have after reading
the 60 first pages ...

DCN BRM four volumes will be a standard by which measure quite many others book focused on racing team stories ,
I am afraid of .

Michel

#2725 RAP

RAP

• 564 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 18:47

Goodwood aficionados may like to know that a 2nd Edition of Robert Barker’s much acclaimed book “A Record of Motor Racing at Goodwood” is now available. The print run is only 150 and the original sold out very quickly. As you would expect from a Formula One Register publication, it provides full entry lists, grids and results for every race between 1948-1966 (not just the internationals) and many chassis/registration numbers. This edition has largely new photos and many additions and updates to the data in the first book. This is a “must have” for anyone seriously interested in both Goodwood and UK racing of this period.

Available from the publishers
http://www.formulaoneregister.com

RAP

#2726 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 5,996 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 22:51

Originally posted by RAP
Goodwood aficionados may like to know that a 2nd Edition of Robert Barker’s much acclaimed book “A Record of Motor Racing at Goodwood” is now available. The print run is only 150 and the original sold out very quickly. As you would expect from a Formula One Register publication, it provides full entry lists, grids and results for every race between 1948-1966 (not just the internationals) and many chassis/registration numbers. This edition has largely new photos and many additions and updates to the data in the first book. This is a “must have” for anyone seriously interested in both Goodwood and UK racing of this period.

Available from the publishers
http://www.formulaoneregister.com

RAP

I've got it and I totally agree, There is, of course, a companion book "A Record of Motor Racing at Crystal Palace" which is equally good...

#2727 dretceterini

dretceterini

• 2,991 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:12

Originally posted by WDH74

On a related note, has anyone seen Anthony Pritchard's new book on the Mille Miglia? Any good? It's an event I've always wanted to learn more about (that and the Targa Florio), and I could actually afford this one. Plus I've read a couple of Mr. Pritchard's other books (the one on sports racing cars springs to mind) and found them good to read.

Apologies if this book has been covered elsewhere in this thread. I've lost track of where I left off the last time I looked!

-William

I am unaware of any new Pritchard Mille Miglia book. What is the title please?

The best Mille Miglia book by far is Mille Miglia: Una Corsa Italiana, by Orsini, but it is out of print, and I doubt if you could find a copy for under $300.

#2728 Mark A

Mark A

• 1,119 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 13:17

:down: Amazon strike again.

After ordering the Gurney book (at a reduced rate) on Amazon and being given a delivery date of early September (i.e. now) just checked my account on amazon to find delivery has been put back to early November.

I have to say I'm really getting fed up with Amazon on this at the moment, they did this to my mother when she was buying me the Winged Sportscars book last Christmas, so I had to find another retailer for her to buy it from. In that case Amazon had the book available for immediate delivery at the original price but the lower priced version was 'not yet published'.

#2729 fuzzi

fuzzi

• 470 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 16:22

And I received an E-Mail from Amazon this morning to say that they've cancelled my order for BRM3, only a month after DCN said it was off to the printers.

#2730 Bill Wagenblatt

Bill Wagenblatt

• 176 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 17:08

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to look over Weekend Heroes by Tony Adriaensens. This book is amazing, it covers the California racing scene in the 1950s. It’s a large 302 x 252mm (and expensive 200 Euros) book at close to 700 pages hundreds of color and b&w photographs. The copy the dealer had was a sample only and he is awaiting his allotment to sell. If you’re interested in the California racing scene in the 1950s I recommend this book

Bill

#2731 philippe charuest

philippe charuest

• 701 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 17:17

Originally posted by dretceterini

I am unaware of any new Pritchard Mille Miglia book. What is the title please?

" Mille miglia ,the world greatest road race". it was release by Haynes last spring. i ask the same question then wdh74 a couple of months ago. the book was in display at Amazon and nobody was talking of it. Normally i wait for some feedback before buying anything , like now i will probably not order the new gurney/eagle book it doesnt look it worth 75 good dollars :)

#2732 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

• 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 18:46

Originally posted by fuzzi
And I received an E-Mail from Amazon this morning to say that they've cancelled my order for BRM3, only a month after DCN said it was off to the printers.

very bad news .Like you I am waiting mine for more than 2 yeras .Hope they will not send the same message to me. :confused:

#2733 ensign14

ensign14

• 36,807 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 19:28

Originally posted by M Needforspeed

very bad news .Like you I am waiting mine for more than 2 yeras .Hope they will not send the same message to me. :confused:

2 years? Newbie. Some of us have been waiting since, ooh, 1992 or so... :lol:

(Having said that I'm about 4 years behind my book purchases, so I'm happy to wait till it's as damn' near perfect as possible.)

#2734 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

• 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 22:51

comin back to the Zimmerman book on GURNEY EAGLE the other bad thing I remind suddenly the book was advertised at 59 USD but finally when they released it, it was at 75 USD

ANOTHER REASON I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE TO KEEP AWAY FROM THIS BOOK LIKE THE PLAGUE

(thinking in a few month, Il assume it will be at Abebook at half price.)

I should have known better and be more patient :|

michel

#2735 HDonaldCapps

HDonaldCapps

• 2,482 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 00:18

The Zimmerman book on Gurney and the Peter Bryant book arrived today from David Bull. Not sure exactly what I was expecting as far as the Zimmerman book, but what I looked at was not it. The content just seems very superficial and really does not add much of anything to what I already knew -- not a good sign. As with just about each and every David Bull book, the book itself is well-done. Too bad I can't say the same for the contents. Just the opposite with the Bryant book, my skimming of it already having caught my attention and interest.

#2736 Dave Wright

Dave Wright

• 267 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:38

Originally posted by RAP
This is a “must have” for anyone seriously interested in both Goodwood and UK racing of this period.

Sadly, though I am seriously interested in both Goodwood and UK racing of this period, the price of £300 rules it out as a "must have" for me. I do appreciate the limited market for this kind of book and that the author and publisher deserve to make a living. I am just sad that the market for this kind of publication isn't large enough to allow a £50 or £75 price point with a larger print run.

#2737 Tom Vandenhecke

Tom Vandenhecke

• 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:10

Originally posted by Jack-the-Lad
Has anyone received Brothers Rodriguez in English? If so, please post your impressions.

Thanks!

Jack

Got another email today from Amazon that is has been delayed with a week (second time already). I certainly don't see this one being released before the end of the month.

#2738 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,824 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:55

Thought you'd all like to know that Lewis Hamilton's biography is out already.... :rolleyes:

#2739 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:10

I first saw it several weeks ago
Didn't pick it up though :lol:

Advertisement

#2740 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,129 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:41

Originally posted by David McKinney
I first saw it several weeks ago
Didn't pick it up though :lol:

Did you see it in Mothercare?

#2741 jph

jph

• 370 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 14:55

Amazon are listing no fewer than six Lewis Hamilton 'biographies', including ones written by Mark Hughes, of whom I would have expected better, and by Andrew van den Buurgt (sp?), who really ought to spend more time on trying to edit a half decent magazine rather than the waste of paper than Autosport has become. The only surprise was that there did not appear to be one by Christopher Hilton.

#2742 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 18:04

MOTHERCARE ..... :rotfl: that one was good , reminds me of 30 years ago! :rotfl: :rotfl:

#2743 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,388 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 21:07

Originally posted by Tom Vandenhecke
Got another email today from Amazon that is has been delayed with a week (second time already). I certainly don't see this one being released before the end of the month.

Thanks for the information. I haven't received any emails from them, even though I signed up for updates.

Jack.

#2744 RAP

RAP

• 564 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:11

Just a point of accuracy, the Robert Barker's Goodwood book is £200 not £300. As you say, it is a limited market.
RAP

#2745 fw07c

fw07c

• 157 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:25

Has anybody any idea when Doug Nye's BRM volume 3 will be available and from which source?

#2746 Hieronymus

Hieronymus

• 2,031 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 17:45

Originally posted by fw07c
Has anybody any idea when Doug Nye's BRM volume 3 will be available and from which source?

Looking at all the posts in this thread re. the launch of this particular book, I have come to the conclusion that the Day of Judgement will be easier to predict.

#2747 MichaelM

MichaelM

• 57 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 18:33

Looks like there is a book on Bob Bondurant finally coming out.
Called Bob Bondurant: America's uncrowned World Driving Champion.
188 pages by Editions Cotty.
Author is Phil Henny who is a former mechanic for Scuderia Filipinetti and Shelby
according to the review on Motorbooks.UK.

Michael

#2748 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 2,998 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 17:41

I don't think I have seen it mentioned here but I just finished reading "Long Lane wth Turnings-Last words of a motoring Legend", the autobiography of LJK Setright (Long John KickStart :D) I know not everyone is a fan of Setright but I always have been. The long hair, the autocratic attitude, the use of latin quotations without explanation and the total devotion to Bristol cars appealed to my sense if individuality. I was surprised that the book is already being discounted by amazon. It is not a large book by any means but a thoroughly charming read as Setright might say.

#2749 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,388 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 20:34

I, too, am a Setright fan. Unfortunately many of his references go right past me and his prose can be impenetrable. Still, I find his writing and his life quite interesting. I have Long Lane with Turnings but haven't begun to read it yet. Perhaps this weekend.

Jack

#2750 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

• 184 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 21:30

Originally posted by fw07c

from the last mail I received from Amazon a while ago, the release was postponed to October 2007 ..Let 's cross our fingers !