7656 replies to this topic

#3101 terry mcgrath

terry mcgrath

• 479 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 14:09

EE Book
I have copied this to paul skilleter and enclosed his telephone no below
regards

Mail to: PJ Publishing Ltd, 38 Farm Lane South, Barton on Sea, Hampshire, BH25 7BR, Gt Britain. Tel: (44) (0)1425 612669.

hey guys

I sent through a payment to Paul Skilleter for the EE book, does anyone have a phone number for them because I've had no response for 2 weeks. Odd, I went for the leather bound, so I'm suprised not to have heard

edit - all sorted, it must be the christmas post, what a nice chap

Advertisement

#3102 D-Type

D-Type

• 7,898 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 18:41

Thanks to Santa I now have Winning is not enough by Jackie Stewart and Memories of the Bear - a biography of Denny Hulme by Eoin Young

#3103 PRD

PRD

• 314 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 19:49

Originally posted by PRD

will know next Tuesday ;)

Worth having I'd say. He covers a lot of ground, but gives enough detail to whet the appetite. He's trying to appeal more to the general petrolhead audience rather than TNFers. I think its heavily discounted on Amazon if anyone is interested.

#3104 PRD

PRD

• 314 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 19:54

Originally posted by PRD

Worth having I'd say. He covers a lot of ground, but gives enough detail to whet the appetite. He's trying to appeal more to the general petrolhead audience rather than TNFers. I think its heavily discounted on Amazon if anyone is interested.

I've made a bit of a mess of the quoting- the above refers to Richard Meaden's (the Evo journalist) new book
Clssic Motorsport Routes

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

#3105 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,768 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 22:24

Thanks to Santa I now have Winning is not enough by Jackie Stewart

Me too!

#3106 COUGAR508

COUGAR508

• 1,182 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 23:55

Originally posted by D-Type
Thanks to Santa I now have Winning is not enough by Jackie Stewart and Memories of the Bear - a biography of Denny Hulme by Eoin Young

I've had a quick flick through the Denny book, having bought it recently. It looks fascinating, with plenty of coverage of Denny's pre-F1 days, and also major emphasis on Can-Am/Indy. Good photos, too.

#3107 dretceterini

dretceterini

• 2,991 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:52

Alberto Fornai has done a number of books on Italian coachbuilders. There are 4 books in the series, plus a seperate one on Moretti and another on Siata. They are all soft cover, and run about $30 US each. I think they are well worth the money...

#3108 Mark Godfrey

Mark Godfrey

• 147 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 23:41

Originally posted by dretceterini
Alberto Fornai has done a number of books on Italian coachbuilders.

Stu, what language(s) are these books, are they recently published, and by whom?

#3109 Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

• 65 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 22:24

I picked up Philip Raby's Driver by Driver with some trepidation. It comes from Green Umbrella Publishing the people behind the 'Little Book of' series - low on detail and depth. For the price (less than a tenner on Amazon) his has a lot of detail and is well illustrated. It also covers those drivers who failed to qualify for a GP, so there are entries for Colin Chapman and Bernie Ecclestone, as well as Stephen South and others. It is not as authoritative as Steve Small's Grand Prix Who's Who but that was last published in 2000 so there is a gap in the market here. On the downside there are some annoying errors (e.g. Peter 'Williams', killed at the Nurburgring in 1958!) and some shoddy proofing. Also I think this book was due out in March but was delayed. It does its best to cover 2007 - Lewis Hamilton of course has an entry and Raikkonen's title is registered - but the approch is inconsistent. Marcus Winkelhock gets good coverage but there is nothing on Heikki Kovalainen's exploits this year - he does get an entry unlike Nakajima, the last driver to make his debut in 2007.

#3110 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,768 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 23:52

Sir Mike Lawrence wrote a critique of this book on Pitpass. It's hilarious.

To say he did not think much of it is like saying Stirling Moss was quite good!

But who was Sangio.......??????

#3111 Mark A

Mark A

• 1,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:51

My Christmas book delivery included the Peter Darley picture book Jim Clark - Life at Team Lotus (stunning), the Formula 1 unraced book (a disappointment), The Last works Mini's (looks interesting), and Coventry Climax Racing engines (looks complicated).

There are a few others I want to get (The latest Ecurie Ecosse book and the Jackie Stewart one) so guess I need to crack open the wallet myself. :lol:

#3112 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,157 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 15:38

Originally posted by Mark A
The Last works Mini's (looks interesting)

Looks fairly flexible too with what really constitutes a "works" competition programme! Having seen the title I was keen to find more about it (eg. specs of 1968-70 cars) but was sadly disappointed regarding what most consider the last works Minis...

#3113 Mark A

Mark A

• 1,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 18:03

Originally posted by RS2000

Looks fairly flexible too with what really constitutes a "works" competition programme! Having seen the title I was keen to find more about it (eg. specs of 1968-70 cars) but was sadly disappointed regarding what most consider the last works Minis...

I knew a few of the people involved at the time and followed the Monte round in 94, but as you say the term 'works' for some of the last cars was a bit of a surprise. I can understand it for the BMIHT cars as they were part of Rover at the time but when they bring in privateer cars it's stretching the term a touch.

#3114 green-blood

green-blood

• 706 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 22:31

Originally posted by terry mcgrath
EE Book
I have copied this to paul skilleter and enclosed his telephone no below
regards

Mail to: PJ Publishing Ltd, 38 Farm Lane South, Barton on Sea, Hampshire, BH25 7BR, Gt Britain. Tel: (44) (0)1425 612669.

hey guys

I sent through a payment to Paul Skilleter for the EE book, does anyone have a phone number for them because I've had no response for 2 weeks. Odd, I went for the leather bound, so I'm suprised not to have heard

edit - all sorted, it must be the christmas post, what a nice chap

hey

thanks very much

I managed to get in contact with Paul, who was very helpful, of course it arrived 3 days later.... typical.

the birth of our third child, Sophie, on Dec 19th has kept me away until now, so thanks for your assistance, happy christmas to all and the EE book is a stonker, the enamel badge on the slip case is a particularly nice "magpie" addition

I've also been blessed with a delivery from Jacki Stewart, and I'm impressed so far, reads easy. I'd resisted buying myself expecting a copy fromone relative or the other but was happily suprised to get a hardback!!! I also got Eddie Jordan's bio...which at least makes my jordan biog section complete and can be sold in immaculate condition by my heirs in 50 years time!!!!

#3115 F1Fanatic.co.uk

F1Fanatic.co.uk

• 1,725 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:20

Originally posted by Ivan
I just bought - The Racing Driver by Denis Jenkinson.
Its the 1962 printing. It's in great condition.
I have not read it yet but, couldn't believe my luck at a second hand book store.
Have any of you read this book?

Just got a copy for Christmas. Read the first couple of chapters and enjoying it very much.

#3116 Tom Vandenhecke

Tom Vandenhecke

• 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 18:11

Originally posted by Jack-the-Lad
Broken record post:

Does anyone have any information yet about the English version of Brothers Rodriguez?

Jack

Got an email from Amazon that my "pre-order" has been cancelled. Why announce a book as early as last summer if you ain't going to publish it in the following couple of months. I think we can be happy if it stands on the shelves next X-mas...

#3117 HDonaldCapps

HDonaldCapps

• 2,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 19:11

Originally posted by Tom Vandenhecke
Got an email from Amazon that my "pre-order" has been cancelled. Why announce a book as early as last summer if you ain't going to publish it in the following couple of months. I think we can be happy if it stands on the shelves next X-mas...

Ditto on the note from Amazon.

And, I was really looking forward to it....

#3118 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,376 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 23:53

Very disappointing news. ): I wonder if the publisher has anything to say about it. And I wonder about the reason. Surely it can't be too difficult translating Spanish to English, and I would think there would be very strong demand for an English version. I don't pretend to understand the publishing business, but we have many authors here who could perhaps shed some light.

Jack

#3119 Peter Leversedge

Peter Leversedge

• 616 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:32

I have read "The Racing Driver", think I have a copy hidden away some place, I may have got mine for a 21st present back in 1963, remember I enjoyed it at the time :cool:

Advertisement

#3120 green-blood

green-blood

• 706 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:45

I love that "Racing Driver" book, I've a '62 paperback and I've read it over and over..... Actually took it out yesterday as there is a track day coming up here for my BMW in 2 weeks - every bit helps :p

#3121 HDonaldCapps

HDonaldCapps

• 2,482 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 15:40

Did I miss it being mentioned, but are any others here aware of "Unique Motor Books" producing a copy of 'Autocourse Review 1960'? It is down to their usual level of reproduction and much seems to be missing. This was given to me as a very, very rare exception to the long-standing policy in our household about not giving me books as presents. I cannot recommend it to anyone unless you really want something such as this. Done properly, something such as this would be great to have, but the "Unique" treatment leaves so much to be desired as to negate any real potential value to even beginning researchers.

#3122 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:21

Originally posted by HDonaldCapps
Did I miss it being mentioned, but are any others here aware of "Unique Motor Books" producing a copy of 'Autocourse Review 1960'? It is down to their usual level of reproduction and much seems to be missing. This was given to me as a very, very rare exception to the long-standing policy in our household about not giving me books as presents. I cannot recommend it to anyone unless you really want something such as this. Done properly, something such as this would be great to have, but the "Unique" treatment leaves so much to be desired as to negate any real potential value to even beginning researchers.

Interesting. Forgetting their usual abysmal quality, what's the copyright situation?

There is only one publisher whose works I will not allow over the threshold here and it's Unique Motor Books. One could do better with a photocopier and a pair of dark glasses (to make sure one could not see the contrast, page alignment etc).

Considering what a good job Brooklands Books make of their reprints collections, I'm more than a little disgusted by UMB.

(There are a few racing authors whose works I won't tolerate - 'Big Lou', Tom Rubython, Alan Henry post 1990, and to be honest I doubt I'd ever buy another Tim Collings...)

#3123 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 5,956 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 14:25

My Christmas present to myself was a copy of Ferrari in Camera. Superb Goddard pictures, some familiar some not, witty and erudite comments from you-know-who, and the usual Palawan production quality.

Oscar Wilde defined a cynic as a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. I don't know what is the opposite of a cynic, but he would surely buy a copy of this.

#3124 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,376 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 15:31

Being more of a sceptic than a cynic (as well as a fan of Ferrari and DCN), I acquired my copy of Ferrari in Camera a couple of years ago, having never seen an actual copy of the book. It took a while to convince myself to get past the price. I certainly haven't regretted it for a moment.....the most money I've ever spent on a book by far....but as they say, "The quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten." If fact, this book is the reason I'm so eagerly anticipating the upcoming DCN/Phil Hill collaboration.

Jack

#3125 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,529 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 20:39

Roger and Jack-t-L
Welcome to Club Palawan. Try 60's Motor Racing too.
Roger Lund.

#3126 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,376 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 21:57

Originally posted by bradbury west
Roger and Jack-t-L
Roger Lund.

Thanks, Roger. I have the Setright Palawan titles as well. Maybe I'll try 60's too!

Jack

#3127 Paul Rochdale

Paul Rochdale

• 1,263 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:06

I'm three-quarters the way through 'Winning is not enough' by Jackie Stewart and it's a really good, easy going read. I was also taken by what he said about his brother Jimmy who died last week. I know it's been said time and time again, that he was overly obsessed with car and circuit safety but reading about how it actually was just brings it home how safe modern F1 cars are. Jackie is a real gentleman and so far doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone. Yes, he's an arch-name dropper and I would recommend not viewing the CD which comes with the book first. He talks about his dyslexia a lot and it seems odd that it wasn't diagnosed until he was in his 40s and one of his sons suffered from the same affliction. He writes really well and I strongly recommend this book.

I have a pile of books alongside the bed and the impressive 'Colin Seeley' I've still not started. The joy of retirement is that I can spend a couple of hours a day in the winter months reading. Deep joy!

A friend has also loaned me his copy of 'A Life of Senna' by Tom Rubython.

#3128 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 13:31

Originally posted by Paul Rochdale

A friend has also loaned me his copy of 'A Life of Senna' by Tom Rubython.

Did he give you disposal instructions for it? I'm afraid I found it a rotten, mawkish, hagiographic, ghoulish book constructed (at least up to the lipsmacking chapters about Senna's death) largely with the aid of copy & paste from magazine articles. The only two books I recommend on Senna are Williams' The Death of Ayrton Senna (concise, elegiac, insightful) and (surprisingly!) Christopher Hilton's The Hard Edge of Genius (his best 'contemporary' book by some orders of magnitude).

#3129 Paul Rochdale

Paul Rochdale

• 1,263 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 15:35

Pete

I've read the former and am just looking for my Concise Oxford English Dictionary to look up hagiographic and elegiac..................biography treating it's subject as a saint (eulogy?), and wistfully mournful (funereal?). OK, thanks, I'll read it with an open mind and tell you know if I concur ;) .

Paul

#3130 COUGAR508

COUGAR508

• 1,182 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 21:11

Originally posted by petefenelon

Did he give you disposal instructions for it? I'm afraid I found it a rotten, mawkish, hagiographic, ghoulish book constructed (at least up to the lipsmacking chapters about Senna's death) largely with the aid of copy & paste from magazine articles. The only two books I recommend on Senna are Williams' The Death of Ayrton Senna (concise, elegiac, insightful) and (surprisingly!) Christopher Hilton's The Hard Edge of Genius (his best 'contemporary' book by some orders of magnitude).

I read the Rubython book from cover-to-cover on the day that I bought it, but have not been tempted to re-visit it since!

I would agree about the Richard Williams book, and also the Hilton effort, which offers some real insight, particularly regarding Senna's formative years in racing (karting, Formula Ford).

#3131 continental

continental

• 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 14:54

Roger and Jack-t-L
Roger Lund.

Palawan will publish a book called Gullwing in April. It's by Anthony Pritchard and will deal, of course, with the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL. I'm looking forward to it.

Regards,

Mick

#3132 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,510 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 18:38

I have just heard from Paul Lawrence that his biography of Barrie Williams is now complete, and is scheduled to be launched at the Stoneleigh show in March. The life story of "Whizzo" is probably now long overdue, and should incorporate a generous helping of good cheer.

I see that a copy of the Michael Cooper/Paul Parker tome was offered recently on e-bay, but failed to make the reserve which looked to be £200. Well worth it, I would have said, even at a modest discount.

#3133 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 2,645 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 15:35

Has the Christopher Hilton (yes yes I know!!) book about the 1982 season been mentioned on here? I've got a copy, thanks again Simon, and so far am very impressed with it.

#3134 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,529 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 15:39

[i]Originally posted by Alan Cox
I see that a copy of the Michael Cooper/Paul Parker tome was offered recently on e-bay, but failed to make the reserve which looked to be £200. Well worth it, I would have said, even at a modest discount. [/B]

The problem with a book like that is that until/unless you have seen its content and quality you are reluctant to stump up the money. It is a top quality book on both counts IMHO, but choice, as in most things, is down to the individual
RL

#3135 MichaelJP

MichaelJP

• 849 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 16:00

I'm three-quarters the way through 'Winning is not enough' by Jackie Stewart and it's a really good, easy going read. I was also taken by what he said about his brother Jimmy who died last week. I know it's been said time and time again, that he was overly obsessed with car and circuit safety but reading about how it actually was just brings it home how safe modern F1 cars are. Jackie is a real gentleman and so far doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone. Yes, he's an arch-name dropper and I would recommend not viewing the CD which comes with the book first. He talks about his dyslexia a lot and it seems odd that it wasn't diagnosed until he was in his 40s and one of his sons suffered from the same affliction. He writes really well and I strongly recommend this book.

Just finished this and very much enjoyed it. As you say, once you get past the name-dropping and his unceasing reverence for royalty it's a good read, even the non-racing chapters.

Reading it has had the side effect of being even more cross about what MM said about him! And equally glad that JYS did not stoop to his level in return.

#3136 Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

• 65 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 22:35

Just hd a cancellation note from Amazon for my order for Volume 3 of Doug Nye's BRM saga. I assume that after set period orders become null and void.

#3137 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 6,520 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 22:48

Motor Racing - The Australian Way
Edited by Brian Hanrahan
Lansdowne Press

128 pps of good stuff :up:

#3138 dretceterini

dretceterini

• 2,991 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 00:46

The problem for we Americans at the moment in buying books from Europe is both the exchange rate and the European post charges, which are substantially higher than post charges here.

If somone bought a book for 100 Euros directly from a publisher (as an example), after the rate of exchange ($1.50 US=1 Euro) and postal costs (about 30 Euros by air, or $45) are figured, they would have to charge over $250 US for it to make just a 25% profit!

Very difficult to sell this expenive of a book in the US market anyway, especially if it is any language other than English.

People here won't pay much over $50 US retail, even for the best car book in the world, if it is not in English.

#3139 Paul Rochdale

Paul Rochdale

• 1,263 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:25

Well I finished 'Winning is not Enough' and all in all, it's a very good read. JYS is a very good story teller and he lives his life with military precision which must be intensely irritating for those around him. Apart from the irritating name dropping, he must have a photographic memory, recalling names from his youth, and so on. I rushed through the last chapter where he lists his servants, butler, chauffeur(s), dog walkers (I joke), personal assistants (all former Captains and Majors) which was all a bit unnecessary. I would have like to have read more about Jaguar and the brief stay of Bobby Rahal dispensed with in only a paragraph. JYS comes through though as a thoroughly decent man who cherishes his friendships, often with the high & mighty, and who went through a lot with the various spells of cancer which affected his family. If MM's quotes are accurate, that was disgusting of him to speak like that.

Advertisement

#3140 Rob Ryder

Rob Ryder

• 2,056 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:31

Originally posted by Paul Jeffrey
Just hd a cancellation note from Amazon for my order for Volume 3 of Doug Nye's BRM saga. I assume that after set period orders become null and void.

Same here :|

#3141 PRD

PRD

• 314 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:38

Did you read the " review" for it on Amazon's web site?

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

5 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
This book will be fantastic, 22 Sep 2007
By K. Lyons "Kev Lyons" (Congleton, Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews

As with the others in the series this will be an excellent book. I have had this book on order for a very long time. It was ordered because of the excellent price that Amazon offered - almost too good to be true. I knew the book was not published when I ordered - DEC 2007 is the latest estimate, its with the printers as I write this (Sep 2007). Amazon have cancelled my order saying the book is unavailable. They have not responded to my emails so I'm off to Chaters who put customer service first.

:lol:

#3142 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:47

I would have like to have read more about Jaguar and the brief stay of Bobby Rahal dispensed with in only a paragraph.

There is a great book to be made out of some of the intra-team farces over the years. Just thinking of a few examples...

• The troubled origins and vast underperformance of BAR
  • The revolving managerial door at Jaguar
  • The endless chain of owners of Brabham post-Bernie
  • The Ferrari walk-out of '62 and the short unhappy history of ATS
  • March, Akira Akagi, disintegrating into Leyton House and the attempts to survive after he went away
  • Onyx and the unsavoury doings of van Rossem and Monteverdi
  • ...and many more ;)

#3143 Paul Rochdale

Paul Rochdale

• 1,263 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 14:23

But in the meantime Peter, what interesting discussions to be had here (but not in this thread) :) .

#3144 GPLEagle

GPLEagle

• 88 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 19:29

I was considering buying Dan Gurney's Eagle Racing Cars by John Zimmerman. It is featured on the AAR website, so I guess Dan is happy with it. Is is worth getting?
many thanks

#3145 dretceterini

dretceterini

• 2,991 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 19:46

Anyone familiar with the series of books in French called "Croniques du sport Automobile Mondial"?

I understand volumes 2 and 5 are the only ones available so far, and #5 is on the 1939-1946 period. #2 is on the circa 1907-1914 period. The author is Delsaux..

#3146 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:01

Originally posted by GPLEagle
I was considering buying Dan Gurney's Eagle Racing Cars by John Zimmerman. It is featured on the AAR website, so I guess Dan is happy with it. Is is worth getting?
many thanks

I have it and enjoyed it. It did not go into as much depth and history, especially of the customer cars, as I would have liked, but it did shed a lot of light on Eagles that I did not know before.

#3147 Fred Gallagher

Fred Gallagher

• 283 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:05

Originally posted by dretceterini
Anyone familiar with the series of books in French called "Croniques du sport Automobile Mondial"?

I understand volumes 2 and 5 are the only ones available so far, and #5 is on the 1939-1946 period. #2 is on the circa 1907-1914 period. The author is Delsaux..

Volumes 1 and 5 came first. Volume 2 has just been released. I enjoy them very much; they are well illustrated although the text is entirely French.

Fred

#3148 GPLEagle

GPLEagle

• 88 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:01

Originally posted by RA Historian
I have it and enjoyed it. It did not go into as much depth and history, especially of the customer cars, as I would have liked, but it did shed a lot of light on Eagles that I did not know before.

Thanks RA - that is enough of an excuse to buy it!

#3149 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:53

Well known author Paul Skilleter is handling an intriguing new book on Jaguar that members may be interested in - especially since it reveals Jaguar's aspirations for F1 in the 1960s!

CAT OUT OF THE BAG
A fascinating and very personal account by Peter Wilson of life at Jaguar’s competition department in the 1960s.

Posted Image

This book gives an insight into a little-known yet exciting and innovative period in Jaguar history. It’s a fascinating and very personal account by Peter Wilson of life inside Jaguar’s competition department in the 1960s, a time when it was still very active even though the official works team had withdrawn after the 1956 season.

Peter Wilson began his career at a small Carlisle garage but in 1961 embarked on an engineering apprenticeship at Jaguar. Within two years he had progressed to the company’s competition department where for over five years he was involved in a multitude of exciting projects. Highlights of the eight chapters and 272 pages include:-

E2A, the new works competition car * The Mk 2 GT saloon * the four-seater E-type * the E-type goes racing * the Mk X convention * building the lightweight E-type * E2A and Maxaret brakes * the 2+2 E-type * the Cunningham Le Mans E-type * Bob Blake and the S-type * * the Coombs power boat * racing 4 WPD * E-type works tuning booklet * XJ13 * Sir William’s test drive

This is truly an inside story, told by someone who really was there and knew many of the Jaguar ‘giants’ including Bill Heynes, Malcolm Sayer, Bob Blake and Harry Mundy. PLUS A SURPRISE REVELATION ABOUT JAGUAR’S F1 ASPIRATIONS IN THE 1960s, INCLUDING A PULL-OUT A2 WORKS DRAWING REPRODUCTION!

Only 500 copies in this first run, each individually numbered, so early ordering is recommended.

ISBN 978-1-870519-75-5, 272pp, large format hardback with jacket, over 220 photographs, drawings and period reports etc. Limited first print run of 500 individually numbered copies only. Price £39.99 + Post

Full details HERE

Edited by tonyb, 27 October 2009 - 07:56.

#3150 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

• 183 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 18:35

Originally posted by GPLEagle
many thanks

if you haven 't it , go for the less expensive and more interesting for the Eagles sixties period , Ludvigsen book.

Michel