Photo

The book thread: In memory of Pete Fenelon

• Please log in to reply
7751 replies to this topic

#4901 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,580 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 19:51

And, while we are on the subject of South African motor racing books, is there any word of when the next volume of Sunset on Kyalami will be published?

As probably the original champion of this book's cause over here I am delighted at its success and I recommend it again, see previous relevant posts here. It is a wonderful collection of mainly colour shots of the sixties at Kyalami. I look forward to vol 2.
Regarding the Maggs book, I understand that it is Rand 250 and post etc to UK around £6.50
usual disclaimers
Roger Lund

Advertisement

#4902 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:22

I sent e-mail to Ms. Vos two weeks ago inquiring about purchasing a copy of the Maggs book and have had no reply. Any ideas of how to get a copy? And, while we are on the subject of South African motor racing books, is there any word of when the next volume of Sunset on Kyalami will be published?

Hi Frank,
I'm astonished, as I have had immediately responses from Anne. Try again!!After 9 days I had my copy in Germany.
As for the Sunset-book part II: the author and publisher told me (sometimes last year) that in December 2009 the 2nd volume will be ready. Slightly optimistic??
Best regards Michael

Well, I e-mailed again and this time got a very fast response, so all is well!

Frank

#4903 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,005 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:13

Well, I e-mailed again and this time got a very fast response, so all is well!

Frank

Hi Frank--good news!!

As to the Sunset Volume II: I contacted the 'author'. He told me:'...X-mas 2010 or never!!! But the chances are good that we can see the Volume 2!!

Best regards Michael
BTW I saw on abebooks a rather 'shabby' Robert Young: the Springbok Grand Prix (sic). Is this book worth 60 gbp??
Does anyone have this book??

#4904 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,043 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 00:44

With all due respect to Robert (who posts here as ry6) I don't think it will tell you much more than "Sun on the Grid" by Ken Stewart and Norman Reich, which dates from about the same time and also covers the pre-War races and sports car racing.

Having said that, I was surprised to find that Chaters are now asking £65 for it - I paid about £35 on eBay about 3 years ago, actually from the publisher. There is a copy on ABE for £60 as I type this, but £70+ seems to be the going rate. First editions command silly money, but do have colour plates, which are monochrome in the 1998 reprint as the printing plates no longer existed.

#4905 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,005 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:42

With all due respect to Robert (who posts here as ry6) I don't think it will tell you much more than "Sun on the Grid" by Ken Stewart and Norman Reich, which dates from about the same time and also covers the pre-War races and sports car racing.

Having said that, I was surprised to find that Chaters are now asking £65 for it - I paid about £35 on eBay about 3 years ago, actually from the publisher. There is a copy on ABE for £60 as I type this, but £70+ seems to be the going rate. First editions command silly money, but do have colour plates, which are monochrome in the 1998 reprint as the printing plates no longer existed.

Hi Vitesse--I'm a happy owner of 'Sun on the grid'. So I save my money on the Roberts book.
Thanks for the background information.
Best regards Michael

#4906 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 14:28

Lister-Jaguar book

First review is out from Nigel Thorley:

Paul Skilleter, acclaimed Jaguar historian and regular contributor to Jaguar Enthusiast is well known for his publishing skills and indeed, over recent years has produced some magnificent works about Norman Dewis and Ecurie Ecosse and now offers another major work on Lister-Jaguar.

This is no minor publication but a major work on this fascinating subject. In over 270 pages with no less than 700 illustrations, Paul has carefully researched the background and history of Brian Lister and his cars.

The Lister-Jaguar was Britain's most successful big-engined sports/racing car of the 1950s and the story of Brian and his cars evokes this wonderful period of racing history. As Brian is still alive, Paul has been able to take advantage of the memories, archives and stories from the great man himself.

The book covers everything an enthusiast needs to know on the subject. From the early days of Brian's road-going modified cars to the first true-Listers. There is a wealth of information and the period pictures tell their own incredible story of the man and the great cars. Lister-Jaguars, of course, feature strongly with some great anecdotes and many of the pictures have not been seen before.

There's a very interesting section entitled "Brian's Scrapbook" with great personal pictures, letters, etc. reproduced for the readers benefit to fill in gaps in the story. There's even a chapter devoted to the Lister Sunbeam-Tigers (did you know about those?) and the story is brought up to date with a chapter devoted to the later years of XJ-S models and, of course, the Lister-Storm.

This is no book for bedside reading as you just won't be able to put it down. I personally found it the most interesting of recent books on matters relating to Jaguars and well worth the price.

#4907 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:58

Renntransporter by Braun & Storz , Motorbuch Verlag , now sell at 10 Euro plus postage. Worth every penny.

#4908 pilota

pilota

• 199 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 18:59

TRACK RECORD: THE MOTOR SPORT PHOTOGRAPHY OF MAURICE ROWE - long oop (publ 1999) as far as I know - is on sale at Libreria dell Automobile for E28.40 (about £25 + shipping) http://www.libreriad...asp?IDBook=3628
Nathan

#4909 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,005 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:27

TRACK RECORD: THE MOTOR SPORT PHOTOGRAPHY OF MAURICE ROWE - long oop (publ 1999) as far as I know - is on sale at Libreria dell Automobile for E28.40 (about £25 + shipping) http://www.libreriad...asp?IDBook=3628
Nathan

Hi Nathan

without wishing to 'destroy' the turnaround of the nice people of Libreria dell'Automobile:
the TRACK RECORD book is also available via amazon and abe starting from 10 GBP or 11 Euros..

Nice book btw!!

regards Michael

#4910 Hieronymus

Hieronymus

• 2,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 17:42

Hi Frank--good news!!

As to the Sunset Volume II: I contacted the 'author'. He told me:'...X-mas 2010 or never!!! But the chances are good that we can see the Volume 2!!

Best regards Michael
BTW I saw on abebooks a rather 'shabby' Robert Young: the Springbok Grand Prix (sic). Is this book worth 60 gbp??
Does anyone have this book??

I have a spare copy of SPRINGBOK GRAND PRIX and will swop it for something on Alpine...

#4911 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,005 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 17:51

I have a spare copy of SPRINGBOK GRAND PRIX and will swop it for something on Alpine...

Great , can you pm me, please?? You mean Alpine (France)...??
Michael

#4912 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,005 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 17:57

Porsche 956/962

two new books in the pipeline:

1) Le Mans Racing will do a 956/962 book ,400 pages ,700 'designs' and photos..Chassisnumbers . I think in the same mould as the very good 917 book they did.
The designs show each car in every possible sponsor livery....
Scheduled for Spring 2010.Price 49.90 Euro

2) Iconografix will do one on 956/962 .In January 2011. By a 'certain' Karl Lud....

Best regards Michael

#4913 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:18

Here's some preliminary info on the Vol 2 XK120 Book from Urs Schmid.

And here are some sample pages. Delivery/ordering info should be available shortly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

XK Book.Com

Edited by tonyb, 05 March 2010 - 08:05.

#4914 Jones Foyer

Jones Foyer

• 475 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 17:19

This one has me excited:

http://dorodesign.wo...-selectism-com/

I'm a huge fan of the aesthetics of race cars. It's a book that was made for me!

#4915 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,176 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 17:30

I've seen it, I can't tell if the photos are of real cars or of models, there's certainly a good deal of architectural elevation style pictures of battered Matchboxes on white backgrounds. Next to no text, so you have to guess a lot of the cars.

#4916 Jones Foyer

Jones Foyer

• 475 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 23:45

I've seen it, I can't tell if the photos are of real cars or of models, there's certainly a good deal of architectural elevation style pictures of battered Matchboxes on white backgrounds. Next to no text, so you have to guess a lot of the cars.

Yeah, it looks like a lot of 1/43 scale cars as photo subjects. I guess showing the images without the text makes it more of an art book than a car book. I'm interested in checking it out.

#4917 Jeff Weinbren

Jeff Weinbren

• 95 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:20

Here's an interesting new one:-

Tony Southgate, From Drawing Board to Chequered Flag : The Autobiography of One of Motorsport's Most Prolific and Versatile Racing Car Designers (Publication date, June 2010)

http://www.motorbook...sp?bookid=98288

Jeff.

#4918 speedman13

speedman13

• 230 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:55

Posted Image

#4919 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 13:00

Lister-Jaguar Book

For those coming to Race Retro, the Lister-related celebrities that will be on Paul's stand (D60, Hall 2) will be, amongst others:

Brian Lister (Founder)
Dick Barton (Chief Race Mechanic)
Colin Crisp (Race Mechanic)
Ken Hazelwood (Race Mechanic)
Norman Dewis (who needs no introduction and will be 90 on August 3rd!)

All should be available for signatures for those that want them.

Some of the people mentioned here will only be there on the Friday for the book launch ceremony which will be at 11:30am -
everyone is invited. Those above should also be around on the Saturday.

Oakfleld's will provide the Storm for display, Knobbly and Costin Listers are being provided by Derek Hood of J D Classics and a
Lister-Bristol by Stephen Bond. John Coundley owned and raced six Lister-Jaguar's and will also be present along with John Pearson,
his mechanic. Our own Ted Walker who provided many of the archive photographs (Ferret Fotographics) used in the book should also
be present and has a company stand at the show.

I gather some of Urs Schmid's 'Jaguar XK120 - The Anatomy of a Cult Object Volume 1', in both German and English editions, will also be available on Paul's stand, the first time they've been on display and available in the UK I believe.

And artist Paul Dove will have a nice 1/4 scale model of Mike Hawthorn's Cooper-Bristol on display on his stand - built by his father
in around 400 hours of work. Also some new JMH paintings.

Posted Image

Edited by tonyb, 07 March 2010 - 15:33.

Advertisement

#4920 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,000 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:31

Friends:

I'm reliably told that David Bull Publishing plans to launch the companion photo volume to Michael Argetsingers's great biography Mark Donohue, Excellence At Speed, at Road America on the weekend of July 16-18th. If the quality of this new book even approaches that of MD, EAS, it should be sensational! For what it's worth (not much), I plan to be there with my pal Tom Warth in his Citroen 2CV.

Another terrific book that just landed here is Porsche 718 & 804 by Foedisch, Nesshover, Behrndt & Rossbach, the first dedicated history of a little-known era of Porsche racing, the 1.5-liter F2 and F1 cars, from 1957 through 1964. Because of the great contemporary black-and-white photographs, including fascinating workshop scenes, it gets my vote as the Porsche book of 2010. When it arrived, my next two hours were gladly spent enjoying it.

Frank

#4921 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,417 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 16:33

Friends:

I'm reliably told that David Bull Publishing plans to launch the companion photo volume to Michael Argetsingers's great biography Mark Donohue, Excellence At Speed, at Road America on the weekend of July 16-18th.

That is quite true, Frank. In fact that is one of the subjects of a separate thread here on TNF that Brian Brown has been maintaining with daily postings for the past few months. Mark Donohue Celebration at Road America.

There should be quite a turnout of TNF types that weekend. Paul Powell is organizing the event, Brian Brown, Paul Medici, Jerry Entin, and myself will all be there.
Tom

Edited by RA Historian, 13 March 2010 - 16:35.

#4922 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 15:10

Michel Bollee has a new book in the series "Archives d'un passionne" :

La grande bataille des Prototypes et des GT 1963-1967 , 35 EURO looking good ! Anyone seen it ??

The first ones being Le Mans 1960-1969 and Le Mans 1957 . He also did the Reims 12 hours , 1000kms de Paris , Maserati aux 24 heures du Mans, as well as the Maserati books with Oosthoek. (Great books - great pictures)

#4923 EDWARD FITZGERALD

EDWARD FITZGERALD

• 632 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:23

Michel Bollee has a new book in the series "Archives d'un passionne" :

La grande bataille des Prototypes et des GT 1963-1967 , 35 EURO looking good ! Anyone seen it ??

The first ones being Le Mans 1960-1969 and Le Mans 1957 . He also did the Reims 12 hours , 1000kms de Paris , Maserati aux 24 heures du Mans, as well as the Maserati books with Oosthoek. (Great books - great pictures)

Bjorn , a friend has it says its well worth the money , I will get to see his in the next couple of weeks

#4924 red stick

red stick

• 2,288 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 13:54

Friends:

I'm reliably told that David Bull Publishing plans to launch the companion photo volume to Michael Argetsingers's great biography Mark Donohue, Excellence At Speed, at Road America on the weekend of July 16-18th. If the quality of this new book even approaches that of MD, EAS, it should be sensational!

Frank

Frank--do we know if the book will be generally available at that point, or only to those at Road America? I haven't been able to find anything on this at the David Bull website.

Thanks,

Mark

#4925 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,417 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 15:24

Frank--do we know if the book will be generally available at that point, or only to those at Road America? I haven't been able to find anything on this at the David Bull website.

Thanks,

Mark

I'll check with Mike and post what I hear, unless somebody else hears first.
Tom

Edit: Just remembered that I think Mike is at the Collier Museum symposium and may be out of town for a while.

Edited by RA Historian, 15 March 2010 - 19:54.

#4926 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,000 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 16:19

Mark

Mark:

Not sure; will try to find out.

Frank

#4927 red stick

red stick

• 2,288 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 19:06

Frank, Tom, thanks. Would like to have it and will not be able to make the Donohue-fest.

#4928 Rob Semmeling

Rob Semmeling

• 831 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:02

I am glad to announce my book about the former 'Südschleife' or South Loop of the Nürburgring will be published around late April and early May of this year. It is entitled "The Other Green Hell: the Story of the Nürburgring Südschleife 1925-1964".

For more info, please visit my website http://www.wegcircuits.nl.

#4929 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,417 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 15:38

OK, fellows, here is the scoop on the new Mark Donohue photo book. It will be available for sale at the usual outlets starting the weekend of the KIC. The following is direct from Michael Argetsinger:

The new book will be available from David Bull www.bullpublishing.com and other book sellers -- (including Paul Zimmerman's Motorsports Collector web site) beginning the weekend of the KIC.

Tom

#4930 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,000 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 18:44

Tom:

Errrrmm, what's and when's "the KIC"?

Frank

Edited by fbarrett, 17 March 2010 - 18:44.

#4931 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,301 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 19:17

Kohler International Challenge - 15th-18th July.

http://www.roadameri...CInfoCenter.asp

Edited by Tim Murray, 17 March 2010 - 19:18.

#4932 red stick

red stick

• 2,288 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 19:52

OK, fellows, here is the scoop on the new Mark Donohue photo book. It will be available for sale at the usual outlets starting the weekend of the KIC. The following is direct from Michael Argetsinger:

The new book will be available from David Bull www.bullpublishing.com and other book sellers -- (including Paul Zimmerman's Motorsports Collector web site) beginning the weekend of the KIC.

Tom

Good news! Thanks.

#4933 MattKellett

MattKellett

• 69 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 20:44

Tom

Tom - do you know if there will be a Publisher's Edition of this book?

Matt

#4934 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,417 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 21:29

Matt

I'll try to find out for you!
Tom

#4935 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,000 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:43

Matt

Matt:

You can practically bet on it. There was a publisher's edition of Michael's first Donohue book, so it's dead certain. I'm looking forward to being at the Road America event in July (look for me with Tom Warth in his 2CV). This book should equal or perhaps exceed the "text" version and will undoubtedly be an excellent companion.

David Bull usually air-ships books in for their intro then has surface-shipped books for sale later on the web site, etc. whenever they arrive.

Frank

#4936 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,417 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 14:40

Frank, you are right. Michael confirms that there will be a publisher's edition, although in what form is undetermined. Right now Michael and David Bull Publishing are rushing to wrap up the book itself. Thoughts about a publisher's edition are on the back burner for the moment, but Michael says that it is a good bet to say that there will be one although the specifics are undetermined.
Tom

#4937 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,417 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 14:41

(look for me with Tom Warth in his 2CV).

Hi Frank,

What time are you leaving in June in order to get there by mid July? :lol:
Tom

#4938 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,000 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 16:18

Tom:

We're leaving just as soon as the last snowflake falls.

Frank

#4939 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 21:23

This afternoon at Faenza was introduced the book "Giancarlo Minardi racconta" (Edizioni C&C, 190 pages, 200 color photos, hardcover, size 31x25 cm, 48 Euro), the complete history of the team, from the founding in 1972 until 2005.

Attended the event Piero Martini, Alessandro Nannini, Gabriele Tredozi and some of the mechanics who were already at the time of F2 and still working at Toro Rosso.

The English edition is intended by the publisher but not yet certain if it's produced or not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisement

#4940 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 21:29

So, you say you were disappointed with the Forza Minardi book by Vigar? Well, if you can read Italian, try this:

Giancarlo Minardi Racconta 35 Anni Di Gare -- Dalla Formula Italia alla Formula 1
Author: Stefano Pasini
Publisher: C & C Issues
Year of publication: 2010
Text: Italian
Cover Type: Hardcover
Pages: 192
Format: cm. 24x30
Photo: COL 200 and B / N
Price: € 48.00

The history of the small Faenza team party in 1975 from Formula Italy to arrive, within a few years, the maximum Formula. Cards of the cars in the 20 years of Formula 1, the profile of the pilots who have followed over the years, the characters. Background and unpublished episode: the meeting with Enzo Ferrari, the relationship with Ayrton Senna, the differences with Ron Dennis, the sponsors and the supply of tires and engines, ... Concluding the volume all the results race by race and scores obtained.

Link

#4941 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 21:36

So, you say you were disappointed with the Forza Minardi book by Vigar?

:confused:

Who said that?

Edited by gio66, 20 March 2010 - 21:36.

#4942 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:51

:confused:

Who said that?

http://forums.autosp...p;#entry4058237

#4943 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 2,166 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:00

Who are the guys standing with Giancarlo?

#4944 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:20

http://forums.autosp...p;#entry4058237

Sorry but I've not read this book.

#4945 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:29

Who are the guys standing with Giancarlo?

From left to right; Bruno "Il capo" ("the chief") Fagnocchi (former Nannini and others chief-mechanic, still working in STR); Gabriele Tredozi (former technical director); ? (I'll ask in a few days), Roberto "Pastina" ("Snack") Bandini (former warehouseman/factotum).

#4946 tonyb

tonyb

• 363 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 20:37

Lister-Jaguar Book

Nice to see some of you at Race Retro - all went very well and here are some pics from the launch:

Posted Image
Brian Lister, Company Founder. Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
The launch ceremony, Race Retro, 12th March 2010. L-R: Dick Barton, Colin Crisp, Brian Lister,
Ken Hazelwood, John Pearson and John Coundley. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
The Lister book stand, with Jenny Letton and June Skilleter in charge. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
Standing behind YOB 575 during the book launch are (from left) John Coundley, Dick Barton,
Paul Skilleter, Colin Crisp, Brian Lister, Stephen Bond, David Ham and Jack Sears. Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
From left to right here are Ken Hazelwood, Joan Crisp, Margaret Barton, Dick Barton, Colin Crisp
and Brian Lister

Posted Image
The Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly'. Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
Stephen Bond sent his Lister-Bristol - Chassis No BHL 9 - beautifully restored by
Pearsons Engineering, which captured a lot of the limelight as the earliest car
present. Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
The Costin Lister-Jaguar with the Lister Storm behind it. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
A closer view of the Lister Storm. Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
John Harper (left) was one of the most successful Lister-Jaguar drivers of the early 1970s;
with him are Dick Barton, Tony Dron (another leading historic car driver), Ken Hazelwood and
Brian Lister. Photo: Jackie Mattock

Posted Image
Brian Lister was kept busy signing books here he does the honours with Derek Hood (right)
for Tony Bailey. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
John Coundley re-acquainting himself with YOB 575, the Lister-Jaguar he owned and raced in
the early 1960s. Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
TNF member Ted Walker (right) supplied the photographic backbone of the book through his
Ferret Fotographics. To his left are Jack Sears, David Ham and Stephen Bond, Brian Lister and
Paul Skilleter. Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
John Pearson talks to Geoff Gartside who is sitting in the type of Costin Lister his father bought in
the early 1960s. The car on the stand was supplied by Derek Hood of JD Classics and is the ex-Cunningham
car that was driven by Stirling Moss at Sebring in 1949. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
Laurence Pearce with Brian Lister; Brian has a great admiration for what Laurence achieved in GT racing
with the Lister Storm some ten years ago. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
Ken Hazelwood and John Pearson enjoy a joke during the launch. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
Author and designer Mike Mattock and his wife Jackie with Paul Skilleter at Race Retro.
Photo: Tony Bailey

Posted Image
One visitor was a Belgian model maker who presented Brian with a beautifully made Lister chassis
frame and body mould. Photo: Paul Skilleter

Posted Image
The signed Leather edition with badged slipcase is selling well - be quick if you want
one as there are only 120!

Paul Skilleter Books

Edited by tonyb, 24 March 2010 - 12:32.

#4947 VWV

VWV

• 279 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 22:24

There is new Phil Hill book from David Bull called Phill Hill: A driving Life which is a compliation of his Road & Track articles/track tests/salons he did.

http://www.bullpubli...FullDescription

#4948 West3

West3

• 104 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 22:49

Note that there is also a "Publisher's Edition" available with signatures of Alma Hill, Dan Gurney, Jim Hall, Mario Andretti, John Lamm and Chuck Queener.

Edition of 300 copies.

Just ordered mine as I'm fairly certain it'll sell out at least as quickly as the "Donohue Technical Excellence" limited edition did. :up:

#4949 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,388 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:06

Note that there is also a "Publisher's Edition" available with signatures of Alma Hill, Dan Gurney, Jim Hall, Mario Andretti, John Lamm and Chuck Queener.

Edition of 300 copies.

Just ordered mine as I'm fairly certain it'll sell out at least as quickly as the "Donohue Technical Excellence" limited edition did. :up:

Thanks. I just ordered mine. I didn't even realize this book was in the works. Maybe it'll keep me occupied until DCN's Phil Hill book comes out!

Jack.

Edited by Jack-the-Lad, 24 March 2010 - 04:14.

#4950 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,388 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:11

Does anyone know where there might be a copy of this book available? I've tried all the usual and/or obvious sources and have come up empty.

250 GTO 45TH ANNIVERSARY

published by Fink Presse (France, I believe) in cooperation with Ferrari Club of France, author unknown.

I believe it was published fairly recently in a limited edition of less than 2,000.

Many thanks.

Jack.

Edited by Jack-the-Lad, 24 March 2010 - 04:15.