Photo

Alan Dix (Jersey) hill climb / sprint results needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 a1topdog

a1topdog

• 47 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:30

Hi All , this is a bit of a long shot , but its worth a try......

There is a Jersey based privateer called Alan Dix who did a lot of hill climbs and sprints in the late 60's , 70's and possibly 80's. I know he used a Cooper International , a Chevron and a MK1 Lotus Cortina. He has competed at Prescott , Shelsey , Jersey and probably more.

What I am trying to trace is his results using the Mk1 Lotus Cortina. He used this from 1973 ->

If anyone happens to have records of him competing in the Cortina please could you let me know. :up:

Advertisement

#2 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,578 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:53

The name seems familiar. I am a bit busy this week but will put it on my "to do" list!

#3 a1topdog

a1topdog

• 47 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:40

Thanks Stephen - that would be great.

Alan is still alive and kicking and still does the odd sprint (in a Mitsub Evo I think) in Jersey. He is also known in Lotus & Cooper circles as he works on those cars for a living. Maybe thats why you recognise the name.

#4 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,573 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 14:30

Regular mainland hill climb venues for Chanel Islanders are Gurston and Wiscombe. I'll ask the older tin top guys (who compete at those two venues from before my time) at Longleat this weekend.

#5 a1topdog

a1topdog

• 47 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 21:57

I know this is inquiry is six years old , but is it still on your "to do list" :up:

#6 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,578 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:07

Ooops! I did run through what I had and did see his name in entry lists but no results. The data I 'inherited' tended to just cover the British Hillclimb contenders and Alan didn't appear to be registered in the ones in which he appeared.