Seeking photos or info on 1970 WSC Shelby GT350s

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Norman Hartnett

Norman Hartnett

• 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 22:39

Hi folks,

I am looking for pictures of the Shelby GT350 (Mustang) that ran in the World Sportscar Championship of 1970. There were only three;

There were two GT350s at Daytona, #94 driven by Don Cummings/Warren Stumes, entered by Susan T. Cummings, and the #46 driven by Claibourne Darden/Warren Matzen, entered by Jack Haywood.

At Nurburgring the #81 was driven by Peter Peter/Dieter Eymann and entered by Hediri Racing. We do know that this car was a 1967 model and that Dieter Eymann bought this car from Jackie Ickx.

Any photos or information at all would be helpful.

Thanks, Norm :up:

Advertisement

#2 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,170 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 23:44

Norm:

For a photo, see the thread "Dr. Dieter Eymann's Mustang Shelby GT350"

Dieter is now a retired dentist, a friend of a friend.

Frank

#3 PonysiteEd

PonysiteEd

• 117 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 21:57

I browsed Dr. Dieter Eymanns archive, when I was invited by him last year, but asking for that Hediri Racing Shelby GT350 we did not came up with a pic. Dr. Eyman said, he raced numerous Mustangs and maybe also the Shelby, yet he did not confirm that he raced there with his 67 Notchback Mustang from Jacky Ickx or with another car - the registered Shelby GT350 from Peter Peter/Hediri Racing.

Some PC game creators are indeed trying to identify that car properly and add it finally in its correct racing dress in their game. Guess that is where the interest comes from?

Here is a pic of the ex-Ickx car driven by Dr. Dieter Eymann in a 2-hour race in Zolder (Dr. Eymann archive).
We had an multi-page article in our club mag on his activities.
Posted Image

#4 PonysiteEd

PonysiteEd

• 117 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 22:26

BTW - Some more pics here at http://www.ponysite....ietereymann.htm