243 replies to this topic

#51 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:25

Originally posted by Spunout
"Who is that boy who drives the Sauber in front of me?" - Michael Schumacher

:p
I cannot remember the Sauber boys ever beating Schumacher in 2001.

Advertisement

#52 Cinquecento

Cinquecento

• 2,162 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:36

I've read somewhere that it took Kimi a while to learn to speak. When he was three years old, he still used babble that only his brother Rami could understand. Kimi would go to the fridge and mumble something, then his mother would ask Rami what Kimi wanted, and Rami would go "He wants cheese, ma."

I love his personality. There are nothing but dumb questions thrown at him week in week out. He must be wondering what difference it makes to answer them in any depth, but he has great patience. Maybe he learned this tolerance when his mother used to confuse his pleas for milk with his pleas for cheese, and he draws his patience from those early experiences.

Yeah, It's starting to show howcome I never graduated from psychology studies... :p

#53 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:21

Originally posted by cartman

Posted Image

thats the worst photoshop effort i ever saw

#54 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,215 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:00

Originally posted by rally man

It could be interesting enough that Kimi's crash in Monaco's race happened with Fernando Alonso when they were fighting for lead in the first corner. At least that's the story I have heard.

I have once read extracts from a (rather biased) book on Fernando Alonso. There the author wrote about this incident and wrote something along the lines: Kimi ran Fernando off the track something that Fernando could never forgive him. Sounds like a lot of BS though and the whole book sounded a lot of biased BS and had also a lot of inaccuracies so I'm not sure how credible it is.

#55 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 13:07

Originally posted by Galko877

I have once read extracts from a (rather biased) book on Fernando Alonso. There the author wrote about this incident and wrote something along the lines: Kimi ran Fernando off the track something that Fernando could never forgive him. Sounds like a lot of BS though and the whole book sounded a lot of biased BS and had also a lot of inaccuracies so I'm not sure how credible it is.

Sounds like BS to me. Alonso has always talked about how his battles with Kimi were tough but fair, since the karting days.

Was the book written by Carlos Miguel? :D

#56 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:30

smoking kimi :smoking:

http://i201.photobuc...9752picture.jpg
http://img508.images.../a040qw9yy6.jpg

#57 LePatron

LePatron

• 296 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:36

I'm not sure if this was already brought up but during the Brazilian race we caught a brief view on the world feed of an older gentleman with a Ferrari cap. I think it was around the time of the start. Was this Kimi's father?

#58 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 13:10

Originally posted by LePatron
I'm not sure if this was already brought up but during the Brazilian race we caught a brief view on the world feed of an older gentleman with a Ferrari cap. I think it was around the time of the start. Was this Kimi's father?

no it was his manager david robertson

#59 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 15:08

Originally posted by hello86

Haha that chicks hot, nice one Kimi,

:smoking:

Advertisement

#60 Panch

Panch

• 443 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 15:55

After the dolphin case Räikkönen said: Some people have a drink, others have two! :lol:

#61 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,332 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 17:39

Great pics, you can browse the rest of them from the index:

http://s201.photobuc...aa34/kimi-site/

#62 pac

pac

• 285 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 19:09

According to October '07 issue of F1 Racing magazine, favorite vodka is Koskenkorva. :drunk:

#63 Niro

Niro

• 214 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 20:30

who thse who can understand finnish

http://kuvat2.iltasa...o/ISF1_kimi.pdf

What's "Salama tappoi ravustajan" in English?

#64 Niro

Niro

• 214 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 20:32

Originally posted by Cinquecento
I've read somewhere that it took Kimi a while to learn to speak. When he was three years old, he still used babble that only his brother Rami could understand. Kimi would go to the fridge and mumble something, then his mother would ask Rami what Kimi wanted, and Rami would go "He wants cheese, ma."

I spilled my vodka on the keyboards for this one! Thank's Cinquecento!

#65 spin

spin

• 31 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 21:07

Originally posted by Niro

What's "Salama tappoi ravustajan" in English?

"Crayfish catcher killed by a lightning."

You asked... ;)

#66 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 15:47

lil´ kimi

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 Niro

Niro

• 214 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 22:28

Originally posted by spin

"Crayfish catcher killed by a lightning."

You asked... ;)

Poor guy. Thanks. Now I know.

Think I'm gonna do a folk song about it.

Hope he was poor and working for the rich man.

#68 monaco

monaco

• 161 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 23:26

Notation on the photos of young Kimi --

"Made by Kimi - always No. 1"

He's always wanted to be world champion ;)

#69 former champ

former champ

• 2,537 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:04

any bloke who loves to party, is a World Champion race car driver, races for Ferrari and loves the opposite sex, gets my vote. :up:

#70 Gary Edwards

Gary Edwards

• 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:05

Originally posted by almart
So, I was just reading the Gazzetta that has a little preview of their style issue this weekend profiling the new world champion, and I realised I hardly know anything about Kimi at all: With that in mind, I was hoping we could create a nice little profile of our new world champion with anecdotes, and anything anyone knows about him:

The Gazzetta, for instance, reports our Kimi was so poor growing up his house had an actual - OUTHOUSE - which really is something, considering ... he seems to have a house in Finland, in Helsinki, and his career was financed by his mother's brother ... the guy had no aptitude for any kind of 'intellectual' subjects, having failed repeatedly at school, and excelled only in manual projects such as woodworking and mechanics ... though his father doubts he'd ever have become an engineer, suggesting he'd have become a mechanic instead.

All you need to know is hes Finnish,he cant string a sentence together and hes lucked in on a world championship :rotfl:

#71 pUs

pUs

• 2,553 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:10

Originally posted by Gary Edwards

All you need to know is hes Finnish,he cant string a sentence together and hes lucked in on a world championship :rotfl:

:rolleyes:

#72 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:24

Rats...... move on..

#73 dajwalia

dajwalia

• 688 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 18:01

What have you done that anyone else would take notice so far in your life, Gary? Sour Grapes.

#74 pac

pac

• 285 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 19:47

According to Dan Knutson (National Speed Sport News), Italian journalists who were frustrated by Kimi Raikkonen's brief answers, nicknamed him "The Wall."

La parete?

#75 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 20:11

Originally posted by pac
According to Dan Knutson (National Speed Sport News), Italian journalists who were frustrated by Kimi Raikkonen's brief answers, nicknamed him "The Wall."

La parete?

Räikkönen must be a journalists worst nightmare. To be fair to him, if an obvious obnoxious idiot like matt bishop or peter windsor interviewed me, I would respond in a similar way.

#76 dajwalia

dajwalia

• 688 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 20:19

Originally posted by Cheap Wine Alesi
Räikkönen must be a journalists worst nightmare. To be fair to him, if an obvious obnoxious idiot like matt bishop or peter windsor interviewed me, I would respond in a similar way.

Peter works for Speed TV and his insights are great during a GP weekend. He knows a lot of high ranking people high inside most of the teams. Having said that, his blind worship of Messrs LH and co. is just unbelievable. That is evident during the press conferences to all of us.

I was afraid that assume that LH was still on podium and KR won the championship at brazil, he would have asked LH,
"Lewis how does it feel to be so close yet losing the covetted championship" ,

"Talk us through those final laps when you could see that the championship is running out of your hands" ,

"How was the start, you obviously lost the bigger picture and focused on Alonso, do you think that bodywork damage due to the mistake put your gearbox into reset?" :)

#77 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 20:24

Originally posted by dajwalia

Peter works for Speed TV and his insights are great during a GP weekend. He knows a lot of high ranking people high inside most of the teams. Having said that, his blind worship of Messrs LH and co. is just unbelievable. That is evident during the press conferences to all of us.

I have to disagree here. A lot of the stuff he says is stupid and ends up being wrong. His driving style reports at f1 racing are probably the worst and funniest piece of sports journalism for a long time, it is comedy.

I was afraid that assume that LH was still on podium and KR won the championship at brazil, he would have asked LH,
"Lewis how does it feel to be so close yet losing the covetted championship" ,

"Talk us through those final laps when you could see that the championship is running out of your hands" ,

"How was the start, you obviously lost the bigger picture and focused on Alonso, do you think that bodywork damage due to the mistake put your gearbox into reset?" :)

His obsession with Lewis is worrying. It seems almost unhealthy.

#78 pac

pac

• 285 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 15:53

...back on topic...

According to Dan Knutson (National Speed Sport News), this year's European GP @ Nürburgring was the first F1 race KR's 81-year-old grandmother has attended. Apparently, for her 80th birthday he gave her an all-day ticket to a go-kart track.

#79 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 16:05

Originally posted by pac
According to October '07 issue of F1 Racing magazine, favorite vodka is Koskenkorva. :drunk:

koskenkorva is not a vodka its our national booze which we all drink sometime in our lives :up:

Advertisement

#80 pac

pac

• 285 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 16:35

Originally posted by mursuka80
koskenkorva is not a vodka its our national booze which we all drink sometime in our lives :up:

Thanks for the clarification mursuka!

fyi: wiki entry:
[...]"Although commonly called a "vodka" in English, in Finland it is not called a "vodka", but viina (from brännvin), "hard liquor"."

#81 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,063 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 17:02

national booze which we all drink sometime

apart from around 12% who are sober in this country

#82 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 18:55

hmm i always thought that kimi lived in the red house behind the green one :confused:

#83 pac

pac

• 285 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 19:25

hmm i always thought that kimi lived in the red house behind the green one :confused:

Great stuff! Sounds a bit like a fairy tale: "Kimi Räikkönen lived 15 minutes from the go-chart track, in this small green house surrounded by a forest with wolves and bears." :D

That was very classy when Saari acknowledged Massa and thanked all of the Brazilians. Props to the Kimi fan club for posting the video and translation.

#84 19Fan

19Fan

• 52 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 21:59

Great video! His father was going to buy an indoor toilet, but decided to buy Kimi a kart instead -- good stuff.

#85 Knot

Knot

• 461 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 22:55

The guy makes 51 mil and still hasn't bought a comb.

:lol:

#86 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:51

That is a great Video, the part about the bears and forest was really funny. :rotfl:

Is it true?

#87 DriveFastLiveSlow

DriveFastLiveSlow

• 299 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 18:40

Originally posted by intelligentsia
That is a great Video, the part about the bears and forest was really funny. :rotfl:

Is it true?

No.

#88 FNG

FNG

• 3,250 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 18:44

Originally posted by DriveFastLiveSlow

No.

No bears in Finland?

#89 DriveFastLiveSlow

DriveFastLiveSlow

• 299 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 18:58

Originally posted by FNG

No bears in Finland?

Not in Espoo.

#90 Knot

Knot

• 461 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 19:04

So you are saying bears don't espoo in the woods there?

#91 DriveFastLiveSlow

DriveFastLiveSlow

• 299 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 19:17

Originally posted by Knot

Only when other options are exhausted, but generally not. Especially in Espoo.

#92 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,540 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 00:54

Not in Espoo.

The only bear you will find in Espoo is beer. ('karhu' = bear in english).

Here's a take from sport news 10 years ago, when Kimi was just a promising karting driver.

#93 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,540 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 18:45

WTF is that one guy smoking? "In finland karting is same as football in brazil" :rotfl:

Maybe for his kids it is, but truth is in general karting is a hobby of a few only.

#94 Cinquecento

Cinquecento

• 2,162 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 19:26

Originally posted by Knot

:D

Not since they learned to use that outhouse.

#95 lanius

lanius

• 1,063 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 20:54

Not in Espoo.

Actually there are, in Nuuksio for example.

#96 reason

reason

• 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 21:31

Originally posted by Yellowmc
I think a lot of his cool attitude comes from his time with the Finnish Army, I am one of those oldies who believe that taking part in national service can only be a good thing. The fact that he had only 20+ car races under his belt when he tested an F1 car is simply staggering and is a testament to his raw talent.

I think Kimi´s nature has nothing to do with Finnish army.

First of all, the army-time in Finland is really short, and second, for example, how Kimi couldn´t stand Ron "the controlfreak" Dennis, i think that comment of yours is only wishful thinking of someone who likes the discipline of finnish army, or any army ( like McLaren-army :) ).

#97 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,063 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 21:48

Sport guys can apply into special sport military service which is customized person by person.
Rumour is that certain famous swimmer spend 3 nights total in the army.

I'm quite certain that situations/misery Kimi had there were simply nothing compared to avarage guy.

#98 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,540 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 17:05

Originally posted by jokuvaan
I'm quite certain that situations/misery Kimi had there were simply nothing compared to avarage guy.

We normal guys rested most of the day waiting for next dinner. This is the magical treatment which makes men out of boys.

#99 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,568 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 17:21

New Vauhdin Maailma (finnish motorsport magazine) says it's true little Kimi made huge cock drawing onto elementary school wall with spray paint.

Advertisement

#100 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 00:13

Originally posted by The Kanisteri
New Vauhdin Maailma (finnish motorsport magazine) says it's true little Kimi made huge cock drawing onto elementary school wall with spray paint.

I missed that story it sounds funny what is the details of the story?