Photo

TODT OUT OF FERRARI - WHAT NEXT ?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 manodemono

manodemono

• 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:23

With Todt now out of Ferrari, does that mean Massa will get moved to testing duties or will be " loaned " to some other team making way for FA to team KR ?

Maclaren isn't going to like this !

Advertisement

#2 AFCA

AFCA

• 6,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:25

What :drunk: ?!

#3 manodemono

manodemono

• 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:27

You heard it right, todt's been replaced !

#4 AFCA

AFCA

• 6,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:33

What has that got anything to do with Massa ? Di Montezemolo personally made sure the Brazilian's contract was extended and the current bosses have no intention to relegate Massa into another position either...

#5 karlth

karlth

• 16,290 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:34

Originally posted by AFCA
What :drunk: ?!

Any comments about Todt's position at Ferrari?

#6 AFCA

AFCA

• 6,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:37

He's still the boss of the roadcar department and as far as I'm aware that's the job all focus would go on to at the end of the transitional F1 year onwards...

#7 manodemono

manodemono

• 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:39

Unfortunately, Massa is perceived as not of the same caliber as FA by most in F1 circles.

This being the case, if you were the Ferrari president & knew that Alonso was free wouldn't you give him the ride making without a doubt the most formidable F1 team in decades ?

Better yet, depriving the competition of using a driver that's beaten Ferrari 2 years in a row with one MS ?

#8 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,787 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:39

Yep if i am correct the plan was at first that he wouldnt even be on the pitwall this year already. But they changed that and he would stay on for 1 more year.

#9 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:40

I expect Luca's statement tommorrow. (No, I do not have any insight, but I am assuming so, because that's what JT deserves, and Luca shall deliver).

#10 quasi C

quasi C

• 2,110 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 21:51

As far as is known he's still CEO of Ferrari.

#11 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,756 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:12

Originally posted by manodemono
Unfortunately, Massa is perceived as not of the same caliber as FA by most in F1 circles.

This being the case, if you were the Ferrari president & knew that Alonso was free wouldn't you give him the ride making without a doubt the most formidable F1 team in decades ?

Better yet, depriving the competition of using a driver that's beaten Ferrari 2 years in a row with one MS ?

Not having seen what happened with him at Mac. Ferrari have a strong lineup, and what looks a happy and harmonious team, why risk that?

#12 robnyc

robnyc

• 5,350 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:17

mONTEZEMOLO

"With all the respect for the other drivers, I won't change my drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa with anyone else. They are the best in the world," he was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Felipe Massa, despite being young, had more pole positions than anyone, he's strong and loyal, and it's not by chance that I personally decided to renew his contract until 2010."

#13 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:25

In any business, the responsible for leaks of sensitive data to other companies is fired. In F1, it just gets replaced and kept at bay, because it is a very small world, and getting rid of him could do more damage than good. His employee leaked data, he is responsible. Either they do that to him, or FIAT would have to fire Montezemolo. As simple as that. Not that any of you will agree with me, of course. ;)

#14 Lurb

Lurb

• 205 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:26

Maybe Max will let them run 3 cars and McHam does just with 1 :smoking:

#15 manodemono

manodemono

• 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:28

Originally posted by Clatter

Not having seen what happened with him at Mac. Ferrari have a strong lineup, and what looks a happy and harmonious team, why risk that?

Great point !

Please however, consider the following :

1. Ferrari have provided equal equipment to both KR & FM so why couldn't they do that if FA comes ?

2. FA's great driving at Ferrari means, FA isn't going to produce great drives at the competition

3. FA brings in lots of sponsorship money, potentially fattening Ferrari's development costs which could mean a better car

4. KR & FA go back a long way. While each would want to win, I reckon the 2 will work out & respect gentlemen's agreements ( something LH wouldn't keep at Mac - see Hungary fuel burn - and RD's inability to keep order possibly due to his favoritism towards LH )

#16 Josta

Josta

• 2,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:32

What has that got anything to do with Massa ? Di Montezemolo personally made sure the Brazilian's contract was extended and the current bosses have no intention to relegate Massa into another position either...

Luca, at the same time, also personally assured the press that Todt was in charge of Scuderia. Don't mistake press releases for fact.

#17 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,789 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:41

Great point !

Please however, consider the following :

1. Ferrari have provided equal equipment to both KR & FM so why couldn't they do that if FA comes ?

So did McLaren. That's isn't enough.

2. FA's great driving at Ferrari means, FA isn't going to produce great drives at the competition

Ferrari will likely have a better car than anything Fernando will get close to. Not sure they're that worried.

3. FA brings in lots of sponsorship money, potentially fattening Ferrari's development costs which could mean a better car

Never has been an issue getting money at Ferrari. Besides Marlboro own their livery.

4. KR & FA go back a long way. While each would want to win, I reckon the 2 will work out & respect gentlemen's agreements ( something LH wouldn't keep at Mac - see Hungary fuel burn - and RD's inability to keep order possibly due to his favoritism towards LH )

Do they?? How so?

Forget it, Massa and KR at Ferrari next year.

#18 Enzoluis

Enzoluis

• 2,148 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:50

Originally posted by Ricardo F1
So did McLaren. That's isn't enough.

That isn´t what FA thinks, and LH beating him for qualy in a row makes me wonder if he isn´t right. May be 2008 will give us an answer.

#19 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,756 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 22:59

Originally posted by Enzoluis

That isn´t what FA thinks, and LH beating him for qualy in a row makes me wonder if he isn´t right. May be 2008 will give us an answer.

So because FA was beaten by LH he must have had an inferior car. :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#20 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 00:01

Originally posted by Clatter

So because FA was beaten by LH he must have had an inferior car. :rolleyes:

Why do you think people keep starting these "Alonso was screwed" debates?;)

It goes like this:

1) We KNOW Fernando Alonso is the best driver in F1, head and shoulders above the rest

2) If Fernando Alonso isn´t the best driver in F1 (head and shoulders above the rest)...

...there must be foul play going on.

That´s it really!

#21 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 00:18

With Todt now out of Ferrari, does that mean Massa will get moved to testing duties or will be " loaned " to some other team making way for FA to team KR ?

Where did you learn that?
AFAIK Todt was promoted to CEO of Ferrari last year and kept on interim terms the director's position at the Sporting dpt. only to provide a smooth transition with the newly promoted people there. Now he left that temporary position which was expected to be taken by Brawn.
That, of course, does not mean he may have just to leave Ferrari as a whole, but no info up to this moment of anything else than the above.

#22 aportinga

aportinga

• 10,603 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 00:35

Todt now out of Ferrari,

:clap:

A few more folks to go and maybe they can rebuild into a team of passionate professionals and not corporate asswipes :up:

#23 DLaw

DLaw

• 1,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 00:35

Todt got the boot upstairs to manage road cars. Period.

#24 msvr07

msvr07

• 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:07

No more knitted sweaters trackside, what's the world comming to?

2008 shall be interesting.

#25 Lazarus II

Lazarus II

• 4,527 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:39

Originally posted by panzani
In any business, the responsible for leaks of sensitive data to other companies is fired. In F1, it just gets replaced and kept at bay, because it is a very small world, and getting rid of him could do more damage than good. His employee leaked data, he is responsible. Either they do that to him, or FIAT would have to fire Montezemolo. As simple as that. Not that any of you will agree with me, of course. ;)

I agree with you 100% :up:

#26 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:47

Grow some fingernails.;)

#27 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:24

Originally posted by Enzoluis

yeah but Fred suffers from paranoia & various other mental illnesses

:)

#28 AFCA

AFCA

• 6,661 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:43

Originally posted by Josta

Luca, at the same time, also personally assured the press that Todt was in charge of Scuderia. Don't mistake press releases for fact.

Was Todt not in charge of the team then ? What quote are you referring to ?

#29 yvonne.kk

yvonne.kk

• 95 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:59

FM could stop thinking of WDC! :blush:

#30 Josta

Josta

• 2,237 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:55

Was Todt not in charge of the team then ? What quote are you referring to ?

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/63640

#31 Schu-misser

Schu-misser

• 62 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:06

As good as FA is......he's not Ferrari material. He's out for himself and nobody else, and he wouldn't fit into the Ferrari family. Not to mention the fact that he'd bitch about not having number 1 status in the team.

Btw Ricardo F1, your tag line is incorrect!!!

#32 kyriakos75

kyriakos75

• 438 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 13:17

Todt is still Ferrari's CEO.

It was known since last year that he would have temporarily the role of director of the Gestione Sportiva:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/55430

Thursday, October 26th 2006, 14:35 GMT

Frenchman Jean Todt, who was confirmed yesterday as Ferrari's new CEO, will also take on, as an interim, the role of managing director of the Ferrari's Gestione Sportiva.

#33 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 3,151 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 21:25

Schumacher to McLaren ? :wave:

#34 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 21:41

Yeah sure - Alonso to Ferrari and Schumacher to McLaren. And Todt was sacked by Montezemolo after winning both WDC and WCC. :stoned:

#35 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 11,162 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:38

I read in The Weekly Grapevine that Domenicali will report directly to Montezemolo.
If true, even if Todt stays on as Ferrari CEO, he will not have anything to do with Ferrari's racing activities, let alone F1.
This goes against his statement that he is not ready to quit the sport.

Me thinks Todt will leave Ferrari by the end of this year.

#36 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 20:39

Originally posted by Schumacher-misser
As good as FA is......he's not Ferrari material. He's out for himself and nobody else, and he wouldn't fit into the Ferrari family. Not to mention the fact that he'd bitch about not having number 1 status in the team.

Btw Ricardo F1, your tag line is incorrect!!!

istr Schuey wasn't exactly altruistic -------

#37 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 20:40

Originally posted by Timstr11
I read in The Weekly Grapevine that Domenicali will report directly to Montezemolo.
If true, even if Todt stays on as Ferrari CEO, he will not have anything to do with Ferrari's racing activities, let alone F1.

A little longer Max isn't ready to quit yet ---- watch the sport sink even more

#38 Phucaigh

Phucaigh

• 2,839 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 20:46

Originally posted by Timstr11

Dieter speculates Toyota beckons.

#39 pjabyrne

pjabyrne

• 113 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 13:42

There's something a little bit stinky about Nicholas Todt being Massa's manager. I don't think di Montezemelo really wants him there long term.

I was reading an article about Todt just this morninmg and he admits himself his biggest failing is that he bears a grudge. He had some sort of falling out with Alonso back in 02/03 - I think he is still peeved FA went with Renault rather than replacing Barrichello at Ferrari.

Todt had to be removed from the F1 operation to clear the way for Alonso in '09 methinks? :confused:

Advertisement

#40 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 13:46

Originally posted by pjabyrne
Todt had to be removed from the F1 operation to clear the way for Alonso in '09 methinks? :confused:

They won both titles this year, with fast car and excellent driver line-up. They sure as hell wouldn´t fire Todt to get Alonso.

#41 quasi C

quasi C

• 2,110 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 13:46

Todt, since september 06, has been holding the TP role in interim probably waiting out how the Brawn situation resolved itself, now simply that position has been filled by Domenicali and Todt seems to remain as CEO of Ferrari.

Also congratulations to Costa who becomes technical director, after so many who derided him in 2005 he has overseen the design of a multiple GP winning car in 06 and a WDC/WCC winning car in 07 in just his 3rd project in charge.

#42 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 14:16

I have understood Todt got promotion and position elsewhere from Ferrari organisation. He is not out...

#43 qvn

qvn

• 765 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 14:49

Sorry Alonso's fans but after his moaning this year he forever lost any chance to join Ferrari with or without Todt.

What next? Maybe some old Ferrari staff may join Ross Brawn at Honda. :lol:

#44 qvn

qvn

• 765 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 14:53

Does Ferrari think this way? I don't think so. To Ferrari, Alonso is not better than Kimi and Massa, let alone MS.

#45 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 20:37

Michael had not accepted JT' job (said JT).

I think it's nice to reach that level of financial independence that you can accept a job that you like, rather than the one which pays most. (Probably he saw JT's calendar and hours he was putting in, and said - no way Jose).