Photo

Dárico dos Santos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,825 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 21:35

I'Ve heard that Rubens Barrichello's uncle Dárico dos Santos had a team in the southamerican F3. Has anyone informations? Drivers, Cars, Results etc.

Thank you for answers!

Advertisement

#2 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 13:25

I didn't know he was Barrichello's uncle, also I have him as Darcio dos Santos, driving a Reynard 883 with either Alfa Romeo or Volkswagen engine, and a Ralt/Volkswagen RT32 in 1991, 3rd at Buenos Aires Apr 14 and 7th Interlagos Aug 18, 8th in points that year. May find more with a little digging.

1989: #37 Reynard/Volkswagen 883, no results
1990: #22 Reynard/Volkswagen 883, no results

He competed in a total of 30 races. I can find no other drivers racing for his team.

#3 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,825 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 15:28

I know, that his team still exist in the time, Carlos Pace and the two Fittipaldi was driving Kartraces in Brasilia. Barrichellos Cousins also drives karts in this time, also persons from Pedro Diniz' familiy. ItÄs a difficult topic, but I hope TNF could give me more infos. I don't have anything from the southamerican F3 championship, no site, no materials.

#4 ReWind

ReWind

• 3,394 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 21:56

The team of Dárcio dos Santos is PropCar.

If you put his (quite unique) name and the name of his team into Google you will get some hits.
(By using AltaVista - Babelfish you can translate from Portuguese into English or French which should be some help to understand the contents of any Brazilian website.)

Results from the South American F3 championship at least since 2001 are here. Check the entry lists & you will learn who drove for PropCar.

#5 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,825 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:41

@ReWind: Many thanks for this informations! :clap:

#6 Sergio Sultani

Sergio Sultani

• 140 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:49

I'Ve heard that Rubens Barrichello's uncle Dárico dos Santos had a team in the southamerican F3. Has anyone informations? Drivers, Cars, Results etc.

Thank you for answers!

Here, you can read (in portuguese) an interview with Darcio dos Santos: http://www.faspnet.c...noticia_id=4749

Best wishes,
Sergio Sultani.

#7 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,825 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:47

Thank you very much! :up:

#8 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,699 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 16:07

The team of Dárcio dos Santos is PropCar.

If you put his (quite unique) name and the name of his team into Google you will get some hits.
(By using AltaVista - Babelfish you can translate from Portuguese into English or French which should be some help to understand the contents of any Brazilian website.)

Results from the South American F3 championship at least since 2001 are here. Check the entry lists & you will learn who drove for PropCar.

I recently found out that Google varies from country to country so a search using Google-Brazil will turn up more.