* * * * - 3 votes

Rfactor

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#251 Mat

Mat

• 7,677 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:16

Anyway is this supposed to happen in an F1 car? Lets say theres an uphill sweeper like at suzuka's esses, and I put a wheel on the kerb... normally you'd think that downforce and the lsd would prevent the car from right?... on mods like WCP2010 or simco's GP2 2008, the cars simply lose all grip and spin out...

1. There is less grip on grass then on tarmac.

2. No car will run this 'lsd' you talk of. Human's can, but you may not see any improvement in driving skill.

Advertisement

#252 A3

A3

• 20,686 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:59

2. No car will run this 'lsd' you talk of. Human's can, but you may not see any improvement in driving skill.

:drunk: :rotfl:

Edited by A3, 24 November 2010 - 11:59.

#253 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 14:21

Oh I dunno, being chased by an 18 foot werewolf can make you go pretty rapidly.

#254 Palmero

Palmero

• 296 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:54

Sorry posted this very intoxicated. wrong thread.

Edited by Palmero, 30 November 2010 - 23:11.

#255 domhnall

domhnall

• 1,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:38

Are there any single seater mods in rfactor with decent AI?? I normally race rfactor online but don;t have much free time at the moment. A quick offline race from time to time would be ideal.

#256 Mat

Mat

• 7,677 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:33

there is no such thing as decent AI. :)

#257 domhnall

domhnall

• 1,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:42

the ai in the 2005 vln mod isn't bad, in fact i might be so bold as to call it, decent. :)

Edited by domhnall, 01 December 2010 - 12:43.

#258 Raido

Raido

• 72 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 22:58

Are there any single seater mods in rfactor with decent AI?? I normally race rfactor online but don;t have much free time at the moment. A quick offline race from time to time would be ideal.

Look no further than the Vintage Formula Vee mod mate. Best fun you can ever have with less than 70 break horsepower! :p (Sure they're not fast, but with little VW Beetle wheels they don't have a lot of grip either, so it's not as supereasy as it looks :smoking: ) It's gotten good ratings including from real Vee pilots. Great for having fun short races on tracks like Goldenport or VLM Mid-Ohio.

Vintage Formula Ford and Caterham mods are good, too.

And yes, there is such a thing as decent AI (well, fairly decent anyway). Personally I always set the AI in rFactor to 100 per cent or more, *but* the trick is to turn their Aggressiveness level way down to around 5 per cent. Then they start driving more or less like humanoids instead of Artificial Maniacs like in just about every other driving game.

Edited by Raido, 02 December 2010 - 22:59.

#259 domhnall

domhnall

• 1,403 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 17:17

Thanks, i'll give it a go over the weekend :)

Advertisement

#260 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:34

I think the AI in the GP 79 mod is pretty good, especially if you temper the AI-aggression somewhat (as other posters suggested). I've had excellent races in that mod, racing the Ferrari against Alan Jones, jum, jum.

My tip: make sure the AI use, basically, the same setup as you. In rFactor you can set that option in your PLR.file. Be very carefull not to use a very low downforce setup, because the AI will kill you in braking. Then
experiment with the level of the AI untill your teammate is as fast as you (or faster than you, if you like the challenge). You can always outedge him with fine tuning your setup.

Then start racing. You will enjoy it!

#261 domhnall

domhnall

• 1,403 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 21:20

I think my offline fix has been solved by the release of the new prototype mod for gtr2 which is fantastic. But I must try the f1 79 mod. Heard a lot of good things about it but never managed to get round to trying it out for myself.

#262 Gene and Tonic

Gene and Tonic

• 555 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:17

If anyone can find me a 1997 Lola car for rFactor I'd be very grateful, google revealed just one for F1 Challenge

#263 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:09

I think the AI in the GP 79 mod is pretty good, especially if you temper the AI-aggression somewhat (as other posters suggested). I've had excellent races in that mod, racing the Ferrari against Alan Jones, jum, jum.

My tip: make sure the AI use, basically, the same setup as you. In rFactor you can set that option in your PLR.file. Be very carefull not to use a very low downforce setup, because the AI will kill you in braking. Then
experiment with the level of the AI untill your teammate is as fast as you (or faster than you, if you like the challenge). You can always outedge him with fine tuning your setup.

Then start racing. You will enjoy it!

Beware that the default setup has very soft springs at the front, what makes acclerating out of corners hairy. You can solve THAT by tigthening the front springs, but then you are screwed at braking for slow corners...

Have fun!

#264 apoka

apoka

• 3,611 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 16:55

I got rFactor yesterday, but struggle quite a bit. I installed FSONE 2009 (2.x) from rfactorcentral to play the 2009 F1 season. The game always crashed when I picked the FSONE 2009 series in the menu and later started a season. That is very annoying. I searched a lot to work around this problem. Finally, I found that it can be "fixed" by creating a new profile and initially picking FSONE 2009 (i.e. not changing the series once the profile is created). I practiced a bit and then started an F1 season. It takes some time to get the settings for this correct. The default settings (5 lap races with only 9 opponents) are somewhat strange (ideally it should be the full 2009 grid with the 2009 tracks and not random non-F1 tracks). It is also annoying that more than half of the opponents have engine problems at around the same time in the race. There are probably/hopefully(?) settings to fix this, but the defaults could be better. All in all, it may be a good game, but not that easy to get started if you want to replay an F1 season. (I didn't even try different car setups so far and the amount of mods/tracks/etc. is overwhelming for me at the moment.) I read a lot of criticism about F1 2010, but I may give it a try in a few months such that I can compare.

Edited by apoka, 09 January 2011 - 16:56.

#265 apoka

apoka

• 3,611 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:45

I still have the problem that in a 10 lap race all opponent cars fail even though I turned engine failures off and played with time scale settings as well. Most of them fail around lap 4. Some last a bit longer behind the safety car, but no opponent survives all of the race. Anyone else having this problem (FSONE 2009 mod)?

I also found driving the 2009 Red Bull without any driving aids almost impossible using the keyboard. It spins on almost each corner, because there is no way to gently accelerate (obviously it's always full throttle using the keyboard). I will check whether setup changes drastically improve the behaviour, but I find it hard to imagine that you will get any good (or even mediocre) lap times this way. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a racing wheel, which is not too expensive (novice player) and works well with rFactor (and other games)?

#266 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:06

I still have the problem that in a 10 lap race all opponent cars fail even though I turned engine failures off and played with time scale settings as well. Most of them fail around lap 4. Some last a bit longer behind the safety car, but no opponent survives all of the race. Anyone else having this problem (FSONE 2009 mod)?

I also found driving the 2009 Red Bull without any driving aids almost impossible using the keyboard. It spins on almost each corner, because there is no way to gently accelerate (obviously it's always full throttle using the keyboard). I will check whether setup changes drastically improve the behaviour, but I find it hard to imagine that you will get any good (or even mediocre) lap times this way. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a racing wheel, which is not too expensive (novice player) and works well with rFactor (and other games)?

If you use keyboard or a gamepad, lower the rates for the input in the controller section. Settings-Controller-Rates. They should be about 10 percent for keyboard use, I think.

PS: I use an Xbox controller in rFactor.

Edited by Chezrome, 12 January 2011 - 12:06.

#267 Mat

Mat

• 7,677 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:49

If you use keyboard or a gamepad, lower the rates for the input in the controller section. Settings-Controller-Rates. They should be about 10 percent for keyboard use, I think.

Or buy a wheel. :)

You will not regret it.

#268 apoka

apoka

• 3,611 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:42

I actually bought a Ferrari F430 wheel. Shifting is much better now, but steering doesn't feel right and force feedback barely works (I haven't used other wheels but I can go over the curbs without feedback). Does anyone have a good rFactor setup for this wheel?

The steering feels as if there are several discrete steps instead of being fully adjustable / continuous. It is very tough to stay on the racing line, in particular in fast corners. If I don't drive slowly, I usually end up off track, whereas this did not happen with the keyboard before. (I actually thought steering would be much easier with a wheel.)

#269 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 20:21

I actually bought a Ferrari F430 wheel. Shifting is much better now, but steering doesn't feel right and force feedback barely works (I haven't used other wheels but I can go over the curbs without feedback). Does anyone have a good rFactor setup for this wheel?

The steering feels as if there are several discrete steps instead of being fully adjustable / continuous. It is very tough to stay on the racing line, in particular in fast corners. If I don't drive slowly, I usually end up off track, whereas this did not happen with the keyboard before. (I actually thought steering would be much easier with a wheel.)

Two remarks. 1. Most games favour very understeery setups if they are played on the keyboard. Remember a key is digital: it's either on, or it's off. With the wheel being analog, I guess you are using a very understeery setup which doesn't just work with the wheel. 2. Keyboard controll is helped by the computer. I've seen guys take lines with keyboard steering they just could not reproduce with a wheel.

My advice, though this can be heartbraking: get rid of the understeer but prepared to suffer. Because it's a very fine line between an understeering car (that spins at the exit) and an oversteering car at the entry.

#270 apoka

apoka

• 3,611 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 14:20

Thanks for the advice. I played with different setups and settings, including sensitivity values, force feedback rates. I now have a working setup with controller sensitivity around 30% for all axes (was 60% before) and a high negative value for force feedback. This seems to work and racing with a wheel is much more fun now. :)

I'm still quite slow and/or inconsistent, but that's probably just because of me. ;) Is it possible to race against a ghost car with identical car, setup, track and conditions, which was driven by an expert? That would be a good way to see where all those precious seconds are lost. (The AI does not seem to be the best benchmark - at least the cars drive quite differently and are usually much better on straights than on corners.)

Edited by apoka, 31 January 2011 - 14:20.

#271 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 860 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 14:39

Configuring the wheel is a science. Try to find a tutorial for setting up your specific racing wheel from the system settings/device driver side first. Then find one for setting it up for rFactor. For decent Force Feedback there is a plugin: http://www.rfactorce...I... FFB Plugin

When you have all this you will also have to spent some time messing with car setups before you find a basic setup that suits you.

#272 Umpire

Umpire

• 788 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:36

So.....any news on rfactor2?

#273 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:58

Spent some time last weekend trying out all the mods I have installed: just for kicks I did a comparison test using he fastest cars from different mods,Top Gear style - same setup,normalized so the braking distances are minimized and top speeds maximized; 5-6 hotlaps on the softest compound tyres for all cars.

Aggregate results: (slowest to quickest) 1979 Lotus < GP2 2008 < 1985 Williams ~ 1991 McLaren < 2009 Brawn GP < 2008 Ferrari < 2006 Renault < 1997 Williams.

The Williams from the '97 mod blew most of the rest out of the water,although if you pushed really hard you could match the times in the 2006 Renault,which might as well have been on rails. So if you want a perfect rFactor experience these are probably the best two cars to play around with. The braking and the downforce on the 2006 cars is immense and simply cannot be matched by any other car: although the Williams trumps on sheer straightline speed and acceleration. :)

#274 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:15

Spent some time last weekend trying out all the mods I have installed: just for kicks I did a comparison test using he fastest cars from different mods,Top Gear style - same setup,normalized so the braking distances are minimized and top speeds maximized; 5-6 hotlaps on the softest compound tyres for all cars.

Aggregate results: (slowest to quickest) 1979 Lotus < GP2 2008 < 1985 Williams ~ 1991 McLaren < 2009 Brawn GP < 2008 Ferrari < 2006 Renault < 1997 Williams.

The Williams from the '97 mod blew most of the rest out of the water,although if you pushed really hard you could match the times in the 2006 Renault,which might as well have been on rails. So if you want a perfect rFactor experience these are probably the best two cars to play around with. The braking and the downforce on the 2006 cars is immense and simply cannot be matched by any other car: although the Williams trumps on sheer straightline speed and acceleration. :)

Which track did you do the comparison on? I am sorry, but the Brawn 2009 of the rFactor F1 2009 mod is WAY faster than any of the other cars around Monaco, Melbourne or any twisty track.

And then. How about the Brabham BMW of the 1985 mod? On a fast track with straights like China?

#275 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 22:29

Which track did you do the comparison on? I am sorry, but the Brawn 2009 of the rFactor F1 2009 mod is WAY faster than any of the other cars around Monaco, Melbourne or any twisty track.

And then. How about the Brabham BMW of the 1985 mod? On a fast track with straights like China?

Did it on the A1 Ring (modern layout) and Monza (older version, with the chicanes). The 2009 mod I used was FSONE 09. I'm not sure on the Brawn thing as I haven't compared them on twisty tracks yet,but the problem with this mod is that the cars handle like in an arcade game,so I think a bit of tweaking is required to bring it on an even footing with the others...without KERS the car simply isn't quick enough on these two tracks,however.

The Brabham wasn't spectacular in any way: all that raw power keeps you on your toes but it lacks grip and rides the kerbs like a log of wood on wheels.

#276 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:01

Did it on the A1 Ring (modern layout) and Monza (older version, with the chicanes). The 2009 mod I used was FSONE 09. I'm not sure on the Brawn thing as I haven't compared them on twisty tracks yet,but the problem with this mod is that the cars handle like in an arcade game,so I think a bit of tweaking is required to bring it on an even footing with the others...without KERS the car simply isn't quick enough on these two tracks,however.

The Brabham wasn't spectacular in any way: all that raw power keeps you on your toes but it lacks grip and rides the kerbs like a log of wood on wheels.

I have to say that on any 'old' mod (1979, 1985, 1988, 1991) I avoid the kerbs like plagues. I just never find a setup with which I can ride the kerbs well. On the old Hockenheim that really hurts my times...

#277 Raido

Raido

• 72 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 20:57

The Nurburgring's Südschleife or 'South Loop' (the famous missing bit of the Ring) is now officially out. Visually, it's a bit basic, but a real hoot to drive.

http://www.rfactorce...?ID=Sudschleife

Edited by Raido, 15 March 2011 - 21:03.

#278 joshb

joshb

• 3,336 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 22:22

The Nurburgring's Südschleife or 'South Loop' (the famous missing bit of the Ring) is now officially out. Visually, it's a bit basic, but a real hoot to drive.

http://www.rfactorce...?ID=Sudschleife

looks pretty good, will have to give it a go.
never been on the sudschleife in any game before so that'll be interesting

#279 abc02

abc02

• 253 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 23:02

I have a question about Rfactor mods. How do modders go about getting physics data for their cars? Do they get tire and downforce data from somewhere or do they make their own estimates?

Advertisement

#280 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:59

I have a question about Rfactor mods. How do modders go about getting physics data for their cars? Do they get tire and downforce data from somewhere or do they make their own estimates?

I think you can notice pretty quickly which mods use averages and which mods use real data (because there are mods that do that). The 1979 F1 Mod for rFactor used real data, almost all of the other F1 mods for that game (2007, 2009) use estimates. What they do: they fool around long with the numbers untill the cars behave in a way that seems fitting for that mod.

Having said that; I think there is a lot of data floating around on the internet with physics data. How do I know? I remember that there was an add-on for Gp4 with which you could enter files into your game to have the cars behave like in real life. I tried it several times: I entered the numbers for a Jaguar XJS and had a lot of fun with it: it was undrivable. But I also used pre-scribed files for the 1998 F1 season. It worked THAT good I could, with some tweaking, get the same grid results in the game as in the historic event.

#281 Raido

Raido

• 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:03

I think with mods it's more a matter of 'reverse engineering' in many cases.

Let's take the Vintage Formula Ford Mod for instance, which appeared about six months ago, done by Dave 'ST' Sabre'. First you put out a basic model and have it driven by league members a bit. Then you refine it a bit (in this case, become a lot more driveable and less unpredictable) and release it as a V1.0. You get a rough approximation of what the car should be like, using some Internet data about speeds and power to get close to the real thing.

Then you get some feedback, including some of real (former) FFord pilots. And some data about what laptimes the real cars were doing. Top speeds, tyre widths and braking get adjusted a bit - and by V2.0 you've got a fair approximation of the real thing in rF - not perfect, but fairly close to the real thing: it does about the same laptimes as the real car back in the day. And that's how you get some 'tuned-in' physics for a mod car in rF.

Now, this is an example of where things went fairly right: with small(er) cars you have a fair chance of getting feedback from real world pilots. With modern GT or F1 cars, the chance of such backfed info is slim to nun. So in general - I think - smaller car mods are probably more accurate and realistic. (The worst case scenario is people just making fantasy physics up and that happens rather a lot in rF too.)

Of course, there's also the non plus ultra of mod cars being developed by guys who actually own the real cars, like Plickbadger's Spec Miata Mod (also a nice one, btw).

Edited by Raido, 08 May 2011 - 04:05.

#282 mouserat159

mouserat159

• 310 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:32

Hi can someone please explain how do I download more modes (cars & tracks) into the rfactor. My freind took my pc & installed lots, I signed up to the rfactor and tried to download the FVR V8 Supercars Ver 1.7 and it was in my rFactor Central garage but i don't know how to get the game fiile over into the rFactor directory,
any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mouserat159.

#283 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 19:04

Hi can someone please explain how do I download more modes (cars & tracks) into the rfactor. My freind took my pc & installed lots, I signed up to the rfactor and tried to download the FVR V8 Supercars Ver 1.7 and it was in my rFactor Central garage but i don't know how to get the game fiile over into the rFactor directory,
any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mouserat159.

Alas most of the mods of rFactor are not automatic installs. You have to manually put all the files in the right place. Usually you've got a gamedata folder, in which there things like RFM, UI-Data, Vehicles, etcetera. Open a finder in Windows. Put the Gamedate file you have downloaded on the right hand of your screen, the rFactor programme folder on your left. And then start copying from right to left.

It should work like that.

#284 mouserat159

mouserat159

• 310 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:30

Alas most of the mods of rFactor are not automatic installs. You have to manually put all the files in the right place. Usually you've got a gamedata folder, in which there things like RFM, UI-Data, Vehicles, etcetera. Open a finder in Windows. Put the Gamedate file you have downloaded on the right hand of your screen, the rFactor programme folder on your left. And then start copying from right to left.

It should work like that.

Thank you very much Chezrome, I download the Ferrari F430 mode with your help, had a race on Winton it work well. thank you for helping me with my first download. you see my frend took my PC to his place to load the Rfacor & lots of Car & track mods, so I never tried myself before. I will now try some new tracks. I presume its the same as what I just did with the Ferrari's but I will change the path to my Rfactor/Locations directory

Thank again

Mouserat159

Edited by mouserat159, 05 July 2011 - 03:12.

#285 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:44

Thank you very much Chezrome, I download the Ferrari F430 mode with your help, had a race on Winton it work well. thank you for helping me with my first download. you see my frend took my PC to his place to load the Rfacor & lots of Car & track mods, so I never tried myself before. I will now try some new tracks. I presume its the same as what I just did with the Ferrari's but I will change the path to my Rfactor/Locations directory

Thank again

Mouserat159

You're welcome. If you download a track, copy paste the track into the Locations Folder like you did with the Ferrari. Like I said: I find it most easy to have the rFactor and the directory and the dowloaded folders next to eachother. It's just a matter of making two folders looke like eachother!

#286 Kanzo

Kanzo

• 65 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 17:41

Targa Florio GPL conversion for rFactor has been released today. :love:

#287 SPBHM

SPBHM

• 834 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 20:31

it's really an amazing track, I did a lap with the 911 2.0 (1965 I think), it's a great car for this track, really fun to drive, I think I did in 43 minutes :lol:

#288 Rob G

Rob G

• 10,932 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:25

Fantastic! It really takes a lot of commitment... especially time-wise. I did a lap of 44m45s in the trainer car. :lol:

#289 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:11

I can truly recommend this mod:

F1 1991 Mod, Adelaide

#290 Iscurrega

Iscurrega

• 369 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 00:00

I can truly recommend this mod:

F1 1991 Mod, Adelaide

I use FSR's F1 1991 mod =D

too bad i suck hard :lol:

#291 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 15:43

For the love of god tell me how to disable the goddamned safety car! I'm TIRED of having my races ruined because the stupid thing spawns in the woods or a river instead of on the track. I'm using mods and I know this has something to do with the track but I don't want to mess around too much, permanently disabling the SC feature will do just fine.

#292 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,630 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:20

For the love of god tell me how to disable the goddamned safety car! I'm TIRED of having my races ruined because the stupid thing spawns in the woods or a river instead of on the track. I'm using mods and I know this has something to do with the track but I don't want to mess around too much, permanently disabling the SC feature will do just fine.

try going into your rfactor/userdata/<your player name> folder and find <your player name> .PLR file - save a copy in case it all goes t1ts up and then right-click on your original and 'open with' notepad, there's a segment in there that includes safety car behaviour as listed below:

QUICK Safety Car Collidable="1" // Whether safety car is collidable
MULTI Safety Car Collidable="1"
QUICK Safety Car Thresh="1.00000" // Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value
MULTI Safety Car Thresh="1.00000"

i'd suggest you try the following figures:

QUICK Safety Car Collidable="0" // Whether safety car is collidable
QUICK Safety Car Thresh="100.00000" // Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value

(i don't think you'd need to change the multi figures as they're based around online play - take note as well that as mentioned some mod RFMs have safety car tweaks in, but if you play these mods online then the RFM MUST NOT BE MODIFIED :) )

have a try, see how it goes - when you finish editing the PLR just click to close, when it asks to save say yes (or use 'save as') and make sure the file title includes .PLR and the 'file types' is set to 'all files' (so it doesn't save it as a .PLR.txt file that the game won't recognise)

good luck :) ...... wrighty

#293 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 17:08

try going into your rfactor/userdata/<your player name> folder and find <your player name> .PLR file - save a copy in case it all goes t1ts up and then right-click on your original and 'open with' notepad, there's a segment in there that includes safety car behaviour as listed below:

QUICK Safety Car Collidable="1" // Whether safety car is collidable
QUICK Safety Car Thresh="1.00000" // Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value

i'd suggest you try the following figures:

QUICK Safety Car Collidable="0" // Whether safety car is collidable
QUICK Safety Car Thresh="100.00000" // Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value

(i don't think you'd need to change the multi figures as they're based around online play - take note as well that as mentioned some mod RFMs have safety car tweaks in, but if you play these mods online then the RFM MUST NOT BE MODIFIED :) )

have a try, see how it goes - when you finish editing the PLR just click to close, when it asks to save say yes (or use 'save as') and make sure the file title includes .PLR and the 'file types' is set to 'all files' (so it doesn't save it as a .PLR.txt file that the game won't recognise)

good luck :) ...... wrighty

Thank you! I did as instructed then started a race and caused a huge pileup at the start, the SC still comes out, unfortunately. Increased the value to 10000 so hopefully at least the frequency should be much less. For now I changed the rules to 'black flag only', not optimal but that seems to be the only other option.

#294 sherer

sherer

• 145 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 17:17

i've been playing the Clip Cup mod and really like it so far.

I want to play a offline championship but whenever I do that it just goes to Toban as the start if the season, when I downloaded the mod it didn't setup a Clip Cup track folder like other mods do.

How can I setup my own championship and pick what races \ tracks I want ?

#295 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,630 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 20:22

Hi sherer,
tracks for offline championships appear in the rfm file for the mod so in your case go to rFactor/rfm folder and find the clio cup rfm then 'open with' and select notepad to open the file (make sure you have backed up the rfm file before you do any manipulating, as the rfm mismatch will show up in online servers and you'll be booted).
In the rfm file you'll find a championship section which includes a tracklist as shown below:

SceneOrder
{
NAS_BritishGP
Barcelona_GP
Nuer_EuropeanGP
Toban_Long
Essington_Long
Mills_Long
Orchard_Lake_RC
}

you can edit the track here, just make sure your tracks are between the { and } brackets and that the track names match the track folder name. If a track is misspelt it will not appear in your game. Once you have finished your choices, simply click to close the file and you'll be prompted to save changes - accept this and it'll save in the correct format (don't use 'save as', it's a faff to make sure it stays as .rfm and just closing it and accepting changes is much easier.....trust me lol)
That's about it, go into game, select season with your mod and you should be on your way with your own custom offline championship :)

Have fun......wrighty

Edited by wrighty, 16 December 2011 - 20:25.

#296 sherer

sherer

• 145 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 14:17

Thanks Wrighty. it's easy once you know where to look ;-)

#297 Umpire

Umpire

• 788 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 19:33

There's also a nice little utility by CTDP for this task.

#298 chunder27

chunder27

• 1,054 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 22:55

Guys, am having a bit of trouble that I think could be resolved fairly easily.

I hope so anyway.

I have eben playing RF2 since release, and went into RF1 today to have a go on a few things, after one or two mod installs and a couple of uninstalls and deleting I get an error messgae now when trying to start the game.

Error opening core shaders mas file CORESHADER.MAS

Any ideas

#299 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,630 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:22

Hi Chunder,
Coreshaders.mas is a file that is normally found in the 'shared' folder in Gamedata. Go to this thread on the ISI forum, as there's a download link for the file and also the poster's fix (which was actually to do with the exe path for his game) so you can check both out. Failing that, i have the coreshaders.mas here in the correct folder, so i could mail it to you if needs be.

Good luck.....wrighty

Advertisement

#300 EightGear

EightGear

• 424 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:19

24 hours of the Nordschleife almost done! Just about 1,5 hours to go. Just 7 cars remain in the race at the moment, I am 1 of 4 drivers in the #98 Sim Race Vereniging Nederland Lamborghini, currently in 3th place.

Livestream here:

http://www.racedepar...com/forum/chat/