Photo

Camber, toe-in and Caster

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:59

Could someone explain the effects of positive and negative camber, toe-in and toe-out for a 4 wheel drive? Basically looking for seting up the Subaru on Richard Burns Rally. Thanks in adv!

Advertisement

#2 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:31

Originally posted by vivian
Could someone explain the effects of positive and negative camber, toe-in and toe-out for a 4 wheel drive? Basically looking for seting up the Subaru on Richard Burns Rally. Thanks in adv!

Wouldnt the net have downloadable setups for this sim?

Toe out in real life for a rally car gives you quicker turn in/more oversteer with a loss of straightline stability.

As with any modern tyre, negative seems to be the go these days according to my friends who still compete, but not much, you still want the outside shoulder to bite in and find the true surface under the gravel.

#3 crono33

crono33

• 346 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 17:27

i have a 4wd car, a real one i mean :-) namely a delta integrale.

toe out at the rear is usually a no no, control can get very tricky due to the tendency to snap oversteer. which looks good but is not necessarily fast, expecially if you hit something...

i have recently changed shocks, i have top mounts that allow changes in camber. i am using around 3.5 degs negative camber at the front and the difference in handling and grip compared to the stock 1.5 is noticeable