Chevy Monza - help with sponsor decal, please

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Martin Roessler

Martin Roessler

• 351 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 21:29

Hi there,
hopefully someone will be able to help with identifying a sponsor decal on Tom Franks Huffacker Chevy Monza #1004 , driven in Mid Ohio 1977.
It's the yellow sticker with the black writing....
Maybe someone was working in the pits at the time or we have a team member reading this.....
I know the picture is very small but i think i can read soemthing like "-ville" at the end?
Desperately needed for a slotcar.:up:
thanks Marty

Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 Hugewally

Hugewally

• 103 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:45

Have you tried sending an email to the photographer to see if he has any other photos that might show it better?

#3 Martin Roessler

Martin Roessler

• 351 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:46

no i haven't since i don't know who took the pic...
all i have is that little part of the picture.
i'll do a research on the weekend myself ,just haven't had time last week.
anyway...i thought someone would have a few pics of the car or recognise the sponsor..
cheers marty

#4 mwphoto

mwphoto

• 117 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 13:33

Martin,
I am the person who took that picture :wave:
I've cropped the decal and enlarged it the best I can off of the original slide for you
Posted Image
Posted Image
and it looks something like ACCUTRONIC?

And if you didn't send me an e-mail who might Michael from Hamburg, Germany be, who did send me an e-mail on the 7th requesting the same info??

#5 McGuire

McGuire

• 9,218 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 14:58

If you are asking who/what is Accutronic... in the 1970s Accel (the manufacturer of ignition components etc) was marketing Jones mechanical tachometers under the "Accutronic" brand.

The Jones tachometer was/is a flyball governor type driven by cable, typically off the ignition distributor, with Accel offering distributors with a cable drive for that purpose. Motorola, Moroso, and Moon also marketed the Jones tachometer at various times.

Accel is still in business, now part of the Mr. Gasket combine, which was recently acquired by Prestolite. I recall seeing somewhere recently that some company had acquired rights to manufacture Jones instruments, but I don't remember who.

I know perfectly nothing about modeling, but it wouldn't surprise me if this decal is being reproduced in scale... you might try the NASCAR and drag racing modeling sources.

#6 S&M Minis

S&M Minis

• 102 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 22:28

See the entire picture, including an Accel sticker, here:

http://www.racingspo...7-08-28-024.jpg

#7 Martin Roessler

Martin Roessler

• 351 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 23:27

Hi everybody...
thanks a lot :clap:
wmphoto
michael is a member of the german slotforum like me and works for carrera.
he first asked there if anybody could identify the decal,since he's not a member of nostalgia i offered him to post his request in here.
so hopefully we'll all race tom frank's monza in our livingrooms soon :wave:
thanks again for your help
cheers marty

#8 Martin Roessler

Martin Roessler

• 351 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:37

scroll halfway down ...to see the monza from carrera.....(without the sponsor sticker yet...;) )
cheers marty

#9 OCTARD

OCTARD

• 22 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 20:06

Hello Martin,

The sticker indeed says "Accutronic." DeKon Chassis 1004, is currently for sale at Canepa Design. A link to the applicable picture with a better image of this Accutronic sticker can be seen here (valid as of March 18, 2011):

http://3.photos.ebiz...61308-7-640.jpg

To see all the pics of this chassis in it's present state, check this link (probably only valid if you're looking at this post before the car is sold):

http://www.canepacol....ed-6761308.htm

-Chad

Edited by OCTARD, 18 March 2011 - 20:11.