Photo

Ron Dennis - Italian media rumours...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pjabyrne

pjabyrne

• 113 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 14:19

I was determined to stay out of the Dennis marriage split thread but this paragraph from Kevin Eason caught my attention:

The McLaren press office issued a statement that said, cryptically: “Following a matter that my wife, Lisa, and I had hoped would remain confidential at this time, we have decided to announce our separation after 22 years of marriage.” Reports in the Italian media are thought to be behind the split.

http://www.timesonli...icle3378980.ece

Can anyone confirm what exactly is being reported in the Italian madia?
:confused:

Advertisement

#2 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,277 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 14:22

presumably the reports broke news of the split, and are what they are reacting to to now announce it, rather than the reason for the split itself

#3 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,097 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:25

Ron was probably cheating on her. :D

#4 Italiano Tifoso

Italiano Tifoso

• 1,888 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:49

Maybe it is a good way to off load some assets before the cival hearing in Italy freezes them or requires him to pay a hefty fine.

Bit unusual the timing thats all, just before a major court case...Smart move if it is the case that he is trying to protect his assets.

#5 MickyD

MickyD

• 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:44

Clearly something has happened that Mr/s Dennis wanted to "remain confidential" - what exactly did happen, and was it the Italian media that spilt the beans?

It is pointless and wrong to make assumptions, i.e. "Ron must have been unfaithful" (either of them might have been). Interesting that Mika and Erja Hakkinen have also split up just a few days before....any connection?? That is a question not an assumption by the way!

#6 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 8,891 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:51

Originally posted by MickyD
Clearly something has happened that Mr/s Dennis wanted to "remain confidential" - what exactly did happen, and was it the Italian media that spilt the beans?

It is pointless and wrong to make assumptions, i.e. "Ron must have been unfaithful" (either of them might have been). Interesting that Mika and Erja Hakkinen have also split up just a few days before....any connection?? That is a question not an assumption by the way!

Thats a good punt that there is a connection there or that RD is divorcing Lisa as part of some sort of strategic move to protect their interests in the wake of any legal happenings in Italy re spygate.

#7 kar

kar

• 10,307 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 13:16

Not even Dennis would be _that_ cynical, surely?

To be honest if he is I would have to congratulate him because that's almost Machiavellian.

#8 Oachkatzlschwoaf

Oachkatzlschwoaf

• 651 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 13:25

no guys, you got it all wrong.
ron and erja were seen having dinner somewhere in italy a couple of weeks ago - she'll be back in the mclaren pits by spain
you read it here first ;)

#9 Chiara

Chiara

• 1,847 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 13:27

I can't find anything specific : apart from suggestions of 'an argument'.

It has been suggested in some places that Lisa wanted Ron to retire, and he didn't want to bow out on a low after the spy scandal. If the marriage had been under strain anyway, something like that could have been the last straw so to speak for one of the parties involved.

#10 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 13:42

Originally posted by Chiara

I can't find anything specific : apart from suggestions of 'an argument'.

It has been suggested in some places that Lisa wanted Ron to retire, and he didn't want to bow out on a low after the spy scandal. If the marriage had been under strain anyway, something like that could have been the last straw so to speak for one of the parties involved.

Looking at her presence in the paddock this year it looked like it was Ron's last season to be active in F1. Also at one race the whole family was there.. I never saw so much of his family at the races.

#11 pRy

pRy

• 10,874 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 13:48

Interesting that Mika and Erja Hakkinen have also split up just a few days before....any connection?? That is a question not an assumption by the way!

:eek: I had no idea this had happened. I really feel for them.

#12 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

• 1,352 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 14:23

Interesting that Mika and Erja Hakkinen have also split up just a few days before....any connection??

Maybe Mika and Ron are secret lovers? And with the anti-racism campaign about to start, they now saw the opportunity to kick-off an anti-homophobic campaign of their own?

(It's always been said that Ron has a Finn fetish...)