Photo

Red Bull Testing Crash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:29

Can anyone explain this damage to a Red Bull from recent testing? I can't find any details...

http://www.autosport...to.php/id/93565

Advertisement

#2 D A

D A

• 908 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:34

Originally posted by potmotr
Can anyone explain this damage to a Red Bull from recent testing? I can't find any details...http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/93565

First:
1. Wrong thread, this should go in the Winter Testing thread.
2. You can't link to an image that way (http://www.autosport...to.php/id/93565), you need the actual adress of the image.

To your question:
I believe this "crash" happend when DC or Webber spun of and hit the barriers, but I'm not sure.

#3 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:40

No spin, iirc that was the damage from the accident while practicing pit stops

#4 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:40

Ooops, two major errors on my behalf. Forgive me. I've tried to delete my original post without success...

#5 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:23

I thought it was pre-damaged so that the team could practice changing a broken wing in pitstops.

#6 D A

D A

• 908 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:26

Originally posted by Buttoneer
I thought it was pre-damaged so that the team could practice changing a broken wing in pitstops.

If only the nose is damaged why bother (As it isn't that much different to a normal one)? If the wing mounts are damaged however it could have some (small) use. But still, it seems like a waste of money.

#7 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:31

I'm simply recounting something that was said as part of the commentary in the testing thread. But considering the number of front wing accidents the midfield teams have, I'd say it was money well spent anyway. Certainly no more or less than building front wings that are tested but never raced.

#8 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 22,919 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 14:45

Originally posted by Buttoneer
I'm simply recounting something that was said as part of the commentary in the testing thread. But considering the number of front wing accidents the midfield teams have, I'd say it was money well spent anyway. Certainly no more or less than building front wings that are tested but never raced.

:up: Recall also that in Japan, Webber had a slowish pitstop, and came out one second behind lewis Hamilton. A bit later, Vittel hit Webber up the back, and he failed to finish. Fast pit stops in modern F1 are very important.