Hans Peter Koepchen's BMW tuning company
Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:12
Besides racingsportscars.com, touringcarracing.net, http://www.hansstuck.../1969-1979.html, http://de.wikipedia....-Peter_Koepchen, do you know any other details about this BMW tuning company?
I would like to know especially these:
- When this tuning company started ?
- Why is it ended in 1973 ?
- What bmw car was tuned first by Hans Peter Koepchen's company ?
- Is Koepchen tuning made at least one Koepchen 2800 CS or 3.0 CS road car ? (at least minimum two 3.0 CSL were made)
- Is it true that H.P. Koepchen was a touring car driver in the 60's ?
- Why Koepchen sold Schnitzer tuned 2000 CS engines in 1969 ? Why isn't he made his own version ?
- Why no Koepchen 3.0 CSL cars started at the touring car races ?
- What happened with that Koepchen 2800 CS which was entered at a race in 1971, but never shown ?
- Are any of his employees lives today ? I know one of them is still working at Nowack BMW tuning ?
Any other details and answer are welcome.
Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:41
The 1973 end must have everything to do with the oil crisis - many German tuning firms folded at the time.
Posted 28 February 2008 - 14:59
Posted 28 February 2008 - 15:51
Posted 28 February 2008 - 19:09
the end came by financial struggle, as his fanatic racing involvements ruined his financial background. i think all this trouble made him become alcoholic, finally he lived in camping-caravan, were his sad end came soon.
Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:23
Thank you for the answers. It sad to read that one of the best BMW tuner of the 60's and 70's died in this way...
Posted 08 August 2008 - 17:01
Search: Rallye Racing no. 1 , Januar 1971
Anyone like a copy (PDF-file), please send me a PM.
Henk A. Hazelaar
Posted 12 August 2008 - 18:32
This is exccellent, thank you! May I get a pdf copy ?
Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:02
Posted 20 August 2008 - 19:49
Please read your message-inbox!
Henk A. Hazelaar
Posted 25 August 2008 - 13:04
B16 sales list has his name on chassis DBE 16-09 for Quester