Q & A with Jarno Trulli

By Simon Strang Friday, February 29th 2008, 10:55 GMT

Advertisement

#2 Schubbard_28

Schubbard_28

• 35 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 15:23

Originally posted by senna1985

Toyota and williams are loving this engine all 4 drivers cant tell the diffrence between traction control and no traction control cause the engine is very drivable probably the best at that on the grid

That's an interesting point, Williams have come on leaps and bounds since the traction control ban. Toyota have looked quick at times as well has to be some sort of relation between the two as they use the same engine. Could be that this engine coupled with a well balanced chassis with string aerodynamics will result in a race winning car.

#3 SpamJet

SpamJet

• 801 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 15:31

Love the thread title :lol:

#4 senna1985

senna1985

• 58 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 15:41

tf108's older brothers the tf106 and ESPECIALLY the tf107 brought shame to japanese honor, the tf108 is about to surprise never ever have i heard toyota excited about a season every year they been moaning even in 2005

toyota is lacking in power, its apparent mid table in terms of power according to roseberg

but every other aspect of this engine is awesome

lthe lightest, smallest, most compact, most fuel efficient most drivable engine in f1

without traction control this engine is heading upwards

nakajima said he cant tell the diffrence between traction contron and no traction control

roseberg: the engine is so drivable you dont need traction control

today trulli: I don't care about losing traction control, I don't care about losing engine braking. This year the car is completely different and we can overcome these problems easily whereas with last year's car we were just stuck in a corner.

seems like the ban of traction control made williams and toyota the biggest winner and a sudden turn of pace by both teams

#5 roadie

roadie

• 1,844 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 16:27

I know you have a hard-on for Toyota, but the engine is not the lightest, smallest or most compact. The rules see to that.

And how exactly are they sandbagging if they set the fastest time at a test?

#6 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 17:23

a wInk ?

#7 Icicle

Icicle

• 547 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 17:25

Toyota might impress in first few grand prixs but I don't they can continue to hold their their advantage over other teams through out all season long.

#8 Jason

Jason

• 4,095 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 17:34

I'm very interested in seeing how both Williams and Toyota fare in Australia. Overall, I think Williams has built a better car and will produce better results. During these test sessions, both their drivers have shown good speed in all types of conditions. However, with Toyota, only Trulli has seems to get the most out of their chassis.

#9 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 11,162 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 17:48

Originally posted by senna1985
another winter testing of sandbagging by toyota

trulli is ecstatic

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/65385

Trulli: Toyota to raise eyebrows in 2008

By Simon Strang and Pablo Elizalde Friday, February 29th 2008, 10:52 GMT

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/65386

Q & A with Jarno Trulli

By Simon Strang Friday, February 29th 2008, 10:55 GMT

Seems like you're having a w*ank over Toyota.

Anyway, they obviously have reason to be optimistic and I do believe they will be the surprise package of the season. In the hands of Trulli that is. It seems Glock is struggling a bit.

#10 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 17:58

His stint and fastest lap at Barcelona was good. But if were really as good as the impression that they gave (3rd best team not that far behind top 2) then you think he'd be more positive in this interview. The impression from the interview is that Toyota will be in the fight of the group of four (now five) but needs a bit extra to get infront of them. Not much though he said. But if the times are to be believed they should already be well past them. So it's hard to know what to think and if something funny was going on with those times. And yes it could all be mind games, but using that rationale you could twist any drivers comments and make an arguement for them winning the championship.

#11 rearwheelskid00

rearwheelskid00

• 99 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 18:45

Maybe Trulli's sandbagging? :

#12 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 19:07

no...he is w*i*nking !

#13 Burai

Burai

• 1,897 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 19:36

We'll see.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see them move forward. I said at the launch that it was the most sound looking car ever to come out of Toyota and the fact that they are introducing new parts that move them forward rather than to just make the car go at all is a real indicator that they are better off than in previous years.

I'm not expecting miracles though. There are a heck of a lot of teams making the same strides.

#14 Welsh

Welsh

• 600 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 19:44

I would laugh if part of this thread appeared in next weeks autosport :rotfl:

#15 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 21:31

Originally posted by Welsh
I would laugh if part of this thread appeared in next weeks autosport :rotfl:

I'd frame the page !!