Watching F1 with English commentary in Spain

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 HONDA FANATIC

HONDA FANATIC

• 577 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 22:19

Hi all,

I am now living and working in Spain so need to know what are the options for watching F1 races live and with English commentary. Please tell me the companies which offer dish or cable. or is there any free channel available ? BTW I am in Madrid.

Thanks in advance..

Advertisement

#2 volumenzero

volumenzero

• 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:20

Originally posted by HONDA FANATIC
Hi all,

I am now living and working in Spain so need to know what are the options for watching F1 races live and with English commentary. Please tell me the companies which offer dish or cable. or is there any free channel available ? BTW I am in Madrid.

Thanks in advance..

I'm sure there are plenty of Irish pubs in Madrid who put F1 in English on their projectors and TVs.

#3 Thanatos

Thanatos

• 184 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:03

There will be loads of companies out there, able to install SKY (I think a 1.2m dish) - down along the coast there are hundreds! you can get normal sky, sky+, skyhd - pretty much the whole lot, not sure on the payperview as that requires a telephone, but I'm sure they have that covered. You don't need a UK address either.

#4 Lontano

Lontano

• 1,990 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:20

whatever you do, don't listen to the Tele5 commentary, it's better to see the GP with no audio!

#5 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:37

Originally posted by Lontano
whatever you do, don't listen to the Tele5 commentary, it's better to see the GP with no audio!

I take it you have never watched a GP with James Allen on LewisTV-F1.

#6 1george

1george

• 1,517 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:42

Originally posted by HONDA FANATIC
Hi all,

Thanks in advance..

You can watch Tele5 without audio and listen any english speaking audio program on your computer.

To get the Sky, I think that you need a british passport. I'll ask a friend who owns a pub and I'll let you know.

Hoping that you enjoy your life in Spain. Good decision :)

#7 Bartus Garoulaitis

Bartus Garoulaitis

• 476 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:31

A runaway-rain-junky in Spain? I guess you better spend your sunday-afternoons outside enjoying the weather...

Bartus(who tends to think Spaniards just shout "hijo de puta" when they see F1 cars)

#8 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 13:12

Originally posted by MONTOYASPEED
I take it you have never watched a GP with James Allen on LewisTV-F1.

:lol:

#9 lukywill

lukywill

• 6,660 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 15:55

Originally posted by Bartus Garoulaitis
A runaway-rain-junky in Spain? I guess you better spend your sunday-afternoons outside enjoying the weather...

Bartus(who tends to think Spaniards just shout "hijo de puta" when they see F1 cars)

lol. at least you do understand it is very difficult to see the live video in spanish in london.
?

#10 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo

• 4,430 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 16:03

Originally posted by lukywill

lol. at least you do understand it is very difficult to see the live video in spanish in london.
?

:lol: :up:

#11 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 20:01

Originally posted by Lontano

sounds about right (no pun intended).....i'd go for Tele5 with the sound down and 5live's live radio player on the good old Beeb - just click on the 'listen live', they usually cover most of the sessions live on either 5live (race) and 5live sports extra (some practices and qualification) :up:

#12 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,251 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 21:15

Sorry wrighty...5 live no worky outside the UK
God knows i've tried....
Jp

#13 Josta

Josta

• 2,237 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 21:19

Originally posted by jonpollak
God knows i've tried....
Jp

It certainly does. I live in Switzerland and can get 5 live no probs, (as well as radio 1, 2 etc).

#14 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 21:42

Originally posted by jonpollak
God knows i've tried....
Jp

ah, my apologies JP, i had a look here in the FAQs to see if it was a mac thing (you're on a mac yeah?) and noticed that they mention while they do broadcast abroad (ty Josta) they don't do the GPs abroad :down: sorry HF.....you could try online p2p players as mentioned elsewhere on the BB (normal disclaimers apply on behalf of the admins etc but i use 'em and they're very good :up: )

#15 Josta

Josta

• 2,237 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 23:52

Originally posted by wrighty

ah, my apologies JP, i had a look here in the FAQs to see if it was a mac thing (you're on a mac yeah?) and noticed that they mention while they do broadcast abroad (ty Josta) they don't do the GPs abroad :down: sorry HF.....you could try online p2p players as mentioned elsewhere on the BB (normal disclaimers apply on behalf of the admins etc but i use 'em and they're very good :up: )

I must admit to never actually trying the F1 coverage over the net, but know that I can recieve five live now. What you can do, is use a proxy located in the UK.

http://www.xroxy.com...-country-GB.htm

Is an example of those that you can use. If you want definitive answers, PM Jasonsw who is a producer for the five live f1 coverage.