Photo

ANNOUNCEMENT: RC's Live Forum opening for 2008

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 nigel red5

nigel red5

• 9,468 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 22:00

I am pleased to announce another season of live and interactive Formula One text commentary here on autosport.com.

On Monday 10th of March, RC’s Live Forum will open once again with the most detailed race weekend weather forecast anywhere on the internet. This will be updated with the latest weather prospects throughout the week, before our world-renowned live commentary begins on Friday morning Melbourne time.

Geoff Creighton, my trusty sidekick (also known as Hack), and myself, Emlyn Hughes, will be on hand to deliver fast, accurate and informative updates every time the cars take to the circuit.

The live forum can be accessed via the RC's Live Forum link near the top of the Racing Comments index page. Here is the full list of threads for the Australian Grand Prix weekend.

RC-Live has been hugely successful in providing updates to those who are unable to watch every session on live television. The interactive nature of the forum is hugely positive, and the cornerstone of its success. Within the live commentary threads, members can add to the experience by posting thoughts, comments and questions as the on-track action unfolds.

We’ve been working closely with the autosport.com team on enhancements to the live commentary experience. The first round of improvements include:
  • Increased thread opening times so that we begin coverage 30 minutes before the Friday and Saturday practice sessions.
  • Expanded Sunday coverage with a race day thread that begins four hours before the off.
  • Enhanced commentary during qualifying and the race.
Whether you are on the move, stuck in the office or just want to know what is going on, our live commentaries will keep you up to date.

What do we think will happen on track this year? Read our thoughts, and those of the entire autosport.com team, in the 2008 gamble.

We hope you will join us and share in the Formula One weekend experience, live.

Advertisement

#2 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 22:32

Looking forward to it!
Last year live forum was realy :up:

#3 Scorg

Scorg

• 2,693 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:00

/me forwards some Redbull and volvic revive to Nige ;)

#4 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 11,162 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:27

Re Enhanced commentary during qualifying and the race.

Can you elaborate Nige? :)

#5 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,784 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:41

Looking forward to another year of RC's Live forum. :up: :)

#6 F575 GTC

F575 GTC

• 921 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:45

:clap:

Looking forward to this again! It's better than the proper commentary on ITV! :lol:

#7 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:36

looking forward to it :up:
its a godsend for the likes of me when in work on a friday

#8 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,202 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:33

Originally posted by Timstr11

Yes
I promise to shut up.
Jp

#9 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 11,162 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:48

Originally posted by jonpollak

Yes
I promise to shut up.
Jp

Rather some others than you.;)

#10 512 TR

512 TR

• 2,228 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 14:59

Thank you very much! :up:

BTW, can we somehow create a list every race weekend with channels that show FP1, FP2 and FP3? This would help people that can stream (sopcast, tvants etc) the channels. It would be great to have a stream of Eurosport France (or some other channel) every friday and saturday.

#11 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 15:17

I will be celebrating the opening of the RC live forum as always with ordering pizza. And saying thank you in spirit through my passion for Mozzerella cheese. :up:

Originally posted by 512 TR
Thank you very much! :up:

BTW, can we somehow create a list every race weekend with channels that show FP1, FP2 and FP3? This would help people that can stream (sopcast, tvants etc) the channels. It would be great to have a stream of Eurosport France (or some other channel) every friday and saturday.

:up:

And Nigel Red 5........................................goodjob :up:

#12 J2NH

J2NH

• 1,937 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 15:21

Thank you! :up:

You guys did a great job last year and brought a ton of value to the race weekends.

Counting the days.

#13 nigel red5

nigel red5

• 9,468 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 15:47

Originally posted by Timstr11

The days of blow-by-blow commentary during practice sessions, and taking more of a backseat during the qualifying sessions and races is over. You'll now be getting full commentary from us right across the weekend, from the first green light on Friday morning, until the podium ceremony on Sunday afternoon.

#14 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 16:05

RC-Live is great, thanks. :up: :up:

#15 512 TR

512 TR

• 2,228 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 19:21

These are the channels that brodcasted free practice last year. At least the ones I know about.

Eurosport (France) - all three sessions. Sometimes stream with Sopcast.
Premiere (Germany) - all three sessions.
Speed TV (USA) - free practice 2 on friday. Streamed with TVU.
RTL (Germany) - all I think but sometimes delayed.
Viasat Sport (Sweden) - free practice 3 on saturday.
MTV3 (Finland) - all I think.

Anymore?

#16 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,091 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 19:43

MTV3 MAX(pay card) shows live F1, basic MTV3 shows nowadays only record of the race.(with poorer commentator)

#17 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 7,024 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 19:59

Originally posted by J2NH
Thank you! :up:

You guys did a great job last year and brought a ton of value to the race weekends.

Counting the days.

RC Live rocks (2) :up:

Many thanks!

#18 philhitchings

philhitchings

• 18,312 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 20:09

Nige and Hack are back in town! F1 really isn't F1 without your hard work. The season can begin!

#19 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 11,162 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 21:08

Originally posted by nigel red5

The days of blow-by-blow commentary during practice sessions, and taking more of a backseat during the qualifying sessions and races is over. You'll now be getting full commentary from us right across the weekend, from the first green light on Friday morning, until the podium ceremony on Sunday afternoon.

Great Thanks. looking forward to it. :up:

Advertisement

#20 PEW

PEW

• 1,127 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 20:27

For me, the season starts when the RC Live forum kicks into action.
Well done guys :up:

#21 PEW

PEW

• 1,127 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 17:56

Last year this announcement was made a sticky and a number of posters, myself included, did not see it. This year it is in danger of falling off the front page. We can't have that happening ):

#22 cordell777

cordell777

• 777 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 20:47

Originally posted by fnz
Looking forward to it!
Last year live forum was realy :up:

+1 :clap:

#23 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,202 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 20:52

Actually Pat there are many new posters I would rather avoid in our lovely live thread so what they don't know won't .....
....well, you get the idea.

Jp

#24 512 TR

512 TR

• 2,228 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 21:04

Damn it, if I only would have access to Eurosport France I would stream the free practice sessions myself for all of you.

#25 se7en_24

se7en_24

• 18,803 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 21:45

Excellent news! :up:

#26 nigel red5

nigel red5

• 9,468 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 19:35

We are pleased to announce that a revolution in live motorsport text commentary is about to begin. A new section of the site, autosport.com Live, will replace RC's Live Forum for the remainder of 2008 and beyond.

autosport.com Live is a natural progression of the solid foundations that were laid down in the forum over the past five years. Fulfilling the needs of Formula One fans seeking the latest information on the track action over a Grand Prix weekend, the new service will include:

* An automatically-refreshing live commentary system, giving you the latest updates as they happen.
* Live text commentary covering all on-track aspects of the Grand Prix weekend.
* Interactive discussion and fans comment thread within the live text area.
* Live track status, weather information and breaking news.
* The most detailed race weekend weather forecasts anywhere on the internet.
* An easy-to-read format requiring no scrolling, page navigation or refreshing to follow along.
* Planned expansion into other racing series.

While the format is different, the commentary team remains the same. Myself, Emlyn Hughes, and Geoff Creighton (Hack) will be on hand to deliver fast, accurate and informative updates.

Several months of work have gone into taking the live commentary concept forward during the early part of this year. Automatically updating commentary was a high priority in bringing this project to fruition. The live commentary now updates before your eyes - no longer do you need to hammer the refresh button during practice, qualifying or the race. The track status flags and current weather information also change automatically to reflect live conditions both on the circuit and in the skies.

The interactive nature of RC's Live Forum was hugely positive, and was the cornerstone of its success. This will not be lost under our new guise. Within the live commentary area, readers can add to the experience by posting thoughts, comments and questions as the on-track action unfolds. For those of you who would prefer to sit back and watch the commentary, simply hide the forum area and the rolling commentary is now in full-screen mode.

RC's Live Forum has been a hugely successful way of providing updates to those who aren't able to watch or keep up with every session on television. As the commentaries and discussions developed, the user base grew dramatically - promoting the wish from both of us to find a better, more effective way of commentating to everyone.

Whether you are on the move, stuck in the office or just want to know what is going on, autosport.com Live is the latest innovation that will bring the action straight to your browser.

We hope you will join us and share in the motorsport weekend experience, live.

Your feedback on the new area of the site is welcome. This thread is the place to go to post your thoughts on the new service.

autosport.com Live is open now to continue coverage of weather forecasts from the Spanish Grand Prix and the first live commentary will be the Friday test sessions for the Spanish Grand Prix at 07:30 GMT on Friday April 25th.

#27 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 19:44

Hm.. looks interesting. Let's see how it works tommorow.

#28 PEW

PEW

• 1,127 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 22:11

Nice one Autosport :up:

& of course, our hosts :kiss: , who will no longer be bogged down by "fan boy" witterings and impossible requests for unknowable information

#29 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 22:20

edit: moved to the questions threads