Jump to content


Photo

Oz GP on SPEED tv


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 shoofirbin

shoofirbin
  • Member

  • 451 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 10 March 2008 - 14:35

i was just looking at the SPEED program schedule and it seems they're showing the race at 1:30 pm on sunday. does this mean no live coverage? that would kinda suck.

Advertisement

#2 330R

330R
  • Member

  • 1,240 posts
  • Joined: September 04

Posted 10 March 2008 - 14:38

That would be the replay.

all times Eastern

Albert Park (SPEED Channel)
Practice: Thursday, March 13th, 11pm
Quali: Friday, March 14th, 11pm
Race: Saturday, March 15th, 11:59pm

:)

#3 nateshan

nateshan
  • Member

  • 132 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 10 March 2008 - 14:48

Also it is telecast in HD.

Checkout if your provider has Speed TV HD
here .

#4 Jodum5

Jodum5
  • Member

  • 1,247 posts
  • Joined: July 04

Posted 10 March 2008 - 16:30

Freakin' comcast...

#5 tkulla

tkulla
  • Member

  • 3,308 posts
  • Joined: October 03

Posted 10 March 2008 - 16:51

The F1 worldwide feed is not in HD as far as I know, so if you are lucky enough to get Speed TV in HD it will really just be an upsampled version of the SD feed.

#6 rage2

rage2
  • Member

  • 207 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 10 March 2008 - 17:28

But it *should* be upconverted widescreen SD, which looks pretty darn good. Better than 4:3.

Finally... practice in widescreen. TSN never carried practice, and it's always pissed me off.

#7 prathi_psg

prathi_psg
  • Member

  • 107 posts
  • Joined: October 03

Posted 10 March 2008 - 17:36

What about Inside GP? Does anybody know? The SpeedTV.com schedule page is not very helpful this year, to put it mildly.

#8 9 Degrees 12 Min

9 Degrees 12 Min
  • Member

  • 121 posts
  • Joined: October 06

Posted 10 March 2008 - 17:54

Originally posted by 330R
That would be the replay.

all times Eastern

Albert Park (SPEED Channel)
Practice: Thursday, March 13th, 11pm
Quali: Friday, March 14th, 11pm
Race: Saturday, March 15th, 11:59pm

:)


Hello. I'm confused. I just checked the Speed programming schedule for the week. Are you factoring the time-shift for the daylight-savings time that went into effect on Sunday morning (the 9th)? It looks like the broadcast should be (EDT):

Thursday the 13th: Midnight Practice
Friday the 14th: Midnight Qualifying
Sunday the 16th: 1am Race coverage

I suppose midnight is technically the following day, so maybe it's Friday midnight, Saturday midnight, Sunday 1am for the three day event.

#9 Frank Booth

Frank Booth
  • Member

  • 796 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 10 March 2008 - 17:55

Originally posted by prathi_psg
What about Inside GP? Does anybody know? The SpeedTV.com schedule page is not very helpful this year, to put it mildly.


Re-watch last years episode

#10 color

color
  • Member

  • 178 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 10 March 2008 - 18:06

Originally posted by 9 Degrees 12 Min


Hello. I'm confused. I just checked the Speed programming schedule for the week. Are you factoring the time-shift for the daylight-savings time that went into effect on Sunday morning (the 9th)? It looks like the broadcast should be (EDT):

Thursday the 13th: Midnight Practice
Friday the 14th: Midnight Qualifying
Sunday the 16th: 1am Race coverage

I suppose midnight is technically the following day, so maybe it's Friday midnight, Saturday midnight, Sunday 1am for the three day event.


just like someone has said already:

(all times Central, I live in Chicago)
Practice 10pm Thu
Quali 10pm Fri
Race 10pm Sat and again Sun around noon (taped).

next time figure out time difference between Oz and us...
:lol:

#11 Frank Booth

Frank Booth
  • Member

  • 796 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 10 March 2008 - 18:18

Originally posted by color


just like someone has said already:

(all times Central, I live in Chicago)
Practice 10pm Thu
Quali 10pm Fri
Race 10pm Sat and again Sun around noon (taped).

next time figure out time difference between Oz and us...
:lol:


How can it be night in one part of the world and day in the other :confused:

#12 color

color
  • Member

  • 178 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 10 March 2008 - 18:28

How can it be night in one part of the world and day in the other :confused:


it must be magic... :)

there is 15 hours difference betwwen Melbourne and Eastern US. which means race starts SUN 15.30 at Oz, SUN 12.30am in NY, SAT 11.30pm in Chicago. Am I correct?

#13 shoofirbin

shoofirbin
  • Member

  • 451 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:53

regardless of the time difference, the listings still seem screwed up. maybe because of daylight savings

i like to freak out about these things well in advance.

#14 color

color
  • Member

  • 178 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:06

Originally posted by shoofirbin
regardless of the time difference, the listings still seem screwed up. maybe because of daylight savings

i like to freak out about these things well in advance.


i don't think it has anything to do w/ time change. their listings just suck, that's all.

#15 tifosi

tifosi
  • Member

  • 13,314 posts
  • Joined: June 99

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:36

Originally posted by Frank Booth


How can it be night in one part of the world and day in the other :confused:


This is no joke. In my daughters 8th grade science class, a girl said she wanted to fly to the sun. When the teacher said, "Well wouldn't you burn up?", the girl said "I'm going to go at night".

#16 xflow7

xflow7
  • Member

  • 3,042 posts
  • Joined: October 02

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:22

Originally posted by shoofirbin
i was just looking at the SPEED program schedule and it seems they're showing the race at 1:30 pm on sunday. does this mean no live coverage? that would kinda suck.


Speed's new website is totally screwed up, including the program schedule so I wouldn't really trust it. They will carry it live. My Cable Guide lists the same times as 330R posted.

Also, Inside Grand Prix is listed as on at 11:30p Sat., just before race coverage.

#17 Kooper

Kooper
  • Member

  • 2,189 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:37

This web site always helps me when I'm freaking out about times around the world. Came in real handy Sunday afternoon as I caught the Qatar MotoGP race live via computer- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

#18 miniman

miniman
  • Member

  • 2,457 posts
  • Joined: May 00

Posted 11 March 2008 - 14:48

I hope Speed doesn't screw it up like they did last Sunday's MotoGP.

#19 color

color
  • Member

  • 178 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 11 March 2008 - 15:03

Originally posted by miniman
I hope Speed doesn't screw it up like they did last Sunday's MotoGP.


I haven't seen it... What exactly they did?

Advertisement

#20 JacnGille

JacnGille
  • Member

  • 1,625 posts
  • Joined: July 02

Posted 11 March 2008 - 15:21

Originally posted by Frank Booth


How can it be night in one part of the world and day in the other :confused:


Frank Booth, Flat Earth Society President ;)  ;)  ;)

#21 Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck
  • Member

  • 2,517 posts
  • Joined: December 00

Posted 11 March 2008 - 15:34

Originally posted by color


I haven't seen it... What exactly they did?



They said the MOTO GP would be at 6 or 7 and showed the 250cc arce instead and then showed the MOTO race at 10 without telling anybody...I missed the start which was apparently quite good with a bunch of fairing bashing...best racing in the world...bar none. Passing like crazy.

CC

#22 paulsky

paulsky
  • Member

  • 154 posts
  • Joined: July 01

Posted 11 March 2008 - 15:37

no f1 in HD anywhere in the world

#23 Frank Booth

Frank Booth
  • Member

  • 796 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 11 March 2008 - 15:56

Originally posted by JacnGille


Frank Booth, Flat Earth Society President ;)  ;)  ;)


As my first act as president of the Flat Earth Society I denounce Galileo and any subsequent theories that have been derived from his quackery.

#24 shoofirbin

shoofirbin
  • Member

  • 451 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 11 March 2008 - 20:18

i just want to go out to a bar, have, say, four beers, then go back to someone's house with my peeps, sit my ass down and watch the damn race.

#25 color

color
  • Member

  • 178 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 11 March 2008 - 20:33

Originally posted by shoofirbin
i just want to go out to a bar, have, say, four beers, then go back to someone's house with my peeps, sit my ass down and watch the damn race.


sounds like a good plan :lol:

Mine is similar: to turn my TV on, put headphones on my ears, turn the volume up, sit down with 12-pack of my favorite beer AND NOT TO BE BOTHERED BY ANYONE!

#26 turin

turin
  • Member

  • 3,037 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 11 March 2008 - 20:36

Originally posted by Frank Booth


As my first act as president of the Flat Earth Society I denounce Galileo and any subsequent theories that have been derived from his quackery.

pfft...doesn't solve your problem at all. You need to go back to the greeks and indians.

Originally posted by Jodum5

Freakin' comcast...


seconded :

#27 Jonathan

Jonathan
  • Member

  • 6,190 posts
  • Joined: October 99

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:44

For those of us residing on the Eastern United States / EST (Eastern Standard Times) :

Formula 1 coverage on SPEED from the Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park in Melbourne, Australia:
Thursday, Mar. 13, 2008
11:00 p.m. EST Australian Grand Prix Practice (L)

Friday, Mar. 14, 2008
11:00 p.m. EST
Australian Grand Prix Qualifying (L)

Saturday, Mar. 15, 2008
11:30 p.m. EST Inside Grand Prix
12:00 a.m. EST Australian Grand Prix (L)

Sunday, Mar. 16, 2008
1:30 p.m. EST Australian Grand Prix (re-air)

If you reside in California (PST) add 3 hours to these times.
If you reside in Chicago (CST) you would only add 1 hour to these times.

Once you have accepted the concept of "time zones" this shouldnt prove to be too difficult.

#28 Docc

Docc
  • Member

  • 180 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:57

Add ? Subtract ?

West coast time is before EST. Here in Arizona it would be (hmmm..when does the rest of the world go to DST ?,,we don't need no stinkin' DST )
If still MST
Saturday, Mar. 15, 2008
9:30 p.m. EST Inside Grand Prix
10:00 p.m. EST Australian Grand Prix (L)
or PST one hour EARLIER.. :cool:


If..the sun still goes east to west..;)

#29 Frank Booth

Frank Booth
  • Member

  • 796 posts
  • Joined: February 08

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:27

Originally posted by Jonathan

If you reside in California (PST) add 3 hours to these times.
If you reside in Chicago (CST) you would only add 1 hour to these times.

Once you have accepted the concept of "time zones" this shouldnt prove to be too difficult.



:wave: This is a major reason why we proof read.

#30 FLB

FLB
  • Member

  • 1,930 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:02

Originally posted by Frank Booth


As my first act as president of the Flat Earth Society I denounce Galileo and any subsequent theories that have been derived from his quackery.

:rotfl:

Finally somebody with a sense of humour about themselves on this board... :up: :kiss:

I always find this website useful for TV times in North America: Race Fan TV

For those who may worry about its accuracy, I can say from experience that it's quite regularly updated.

#31 miniman

miniman
  • Member

  • 2,457 posts
  • Joined: May 00

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:55

Originally posted by color


I haven't seen it... What exactly they did?


Speed listed the program as 1 hour long, I set the DVR and it duly stopped at the end of the hour when only 3/4 of the race had elapsed. Luckily I got home on time and noticed that Speed had extended the broadcast a bit, however, they never showed the finish, instead, they switched to PINKS, an inane and repetitive program that probaby gets taped months in advance, pure filler.

#32 9 Degrees 12 Min

9 Degrees 12 Min
  • Member

  • 121 posts
  • Joined: October 06

Posted 12 March 2008 - 13:30

Originally posted by Jonathan
For those of us residing on the Eastern United States / EST (Eastern Standard Times) :

Formula 1 coverage on SPEED from the Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park in Melbourne, Australia:
Thursday, Mar. 13, 2008
11:00 p.m. EST Australian Grand Prix Practice (L)

Friday, Mar. 14, 2008
11:00 p.m. EST
Australian Grand Prix Qualifying (L)

Saturday, Mar. 15, 2008
11:30 p.m. EST Inside Grand Prix
12:00 a.m. EST Australian Grand Prix (L)

Sunday, Mar. 16, 2008
1:30 p.m. EST Australian Grand Prix (re-air)

If you reside in California (PST) add 3 hours to these times.
If you reside in Chicago (CST) you would only add 1 hour to these times.

Once you have accepted the concept of "time zones" this shouldnt prove to be too difficult.


Remember, it's EDT not EST now that the Energy Act moved daylight savings to the second weekend in March from the first weekend in April.

#33 CONOSUR

CONOSUR
  • Member

  • 10,626 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 12 March 2008 - 19:00

I posted this earlier in the wrong tread. Sorry for being late...


USA

SPEED Channel TV Schedule for the Grand Prix of Australia

All Times Eastern Daylight Time


THU - Mar 13:

11:00 pm - 12:30 am - Practice 2 (LIVE) (only airing) (late Thu night)


FRI - Mar 14:

11:00 pm - 12:30 am - Qualifying (Time-Slip*) (only airing) (late Fri night)


SAT/SUN - Mar 15/16:

11:30 pm - 12:00 am - Inside Grand Prix
12:00 am - 12:30 am - Race Preview (LIVE) (late Sat night/early Sun am)
12:30 am - 2:30 am - Race (LIVE) (late Sat night/early Sun am)


SUN - Mar 16:

1:30 pm - 4:00 pm - Race (2nd airing)



WED - Mar 19:

12:00 pm - 12:30 pm - Inside Grand Prix (2nd/final airing)

12:30 pm - 3:00 pm - Race (3rd/final airing)




:cool:
* Time Slip = Starts LIVE then slowly delays - includes Post-Qualifying intrviews



#34 black magic

black magic
  • Member

  • 3,880 posts
  • Joined: June 00

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:31

dont forget teh race has been delayede dfrom its usual start time of 2pm local to 1530.

#35 prathi_psg

prathi_psg
  • Member

  • 107 posts
  • Joined: October 03

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:28

Thanks to all who posted correct schedules including Inside GP :)

#36 MarkWRX

MarkWRX
  • Member

  • 821 posts
  • Joined: September 01

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:05

I use the Speed TV guide as an approximation and I tend to manually set recording on the DVR. Verizon FIOS offers an early start delayed end function that allows me to set something like 5 minutes early and 5 minutes after the broadcast is scheduled to end.

#37 Youichi

Youichi
  • Member

  • 3,000 posts
  • Joined: January 04

Posted 13 March 2008 - 13:09

Originally posted by Kooper
This web site always helps me when I'm freaking out about times around the world. Came in real handy Sunday afternoon as I caught the Qatar MotoGP race live via computer- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/


Thanks for that, I just got an email from my father, he's in Mexico, and wanted to know what time the race starts for him, and it was making my headache :)

Next silly question, which mexican cable channels show f1 ?

#38 mjsv

mjsv
  • Member

  • 135 posts
  • Joined: November 04

Posted 13 March 2008 - 19:00

Originally posted by Jodum5
Freakin' comcast...


As I'm traveling in Philly at the moment I take it that I have to second that...?

For us that are a bit slow in the head (=couple of fries short of a happy meal ™); do you mean that I can't see the FP tonight here in Philly?

--
mjsv

#39 tifosi

tifosi
  • Member

  • 13,314 posts
  • Joined: June 99

Posted 13 March 2008 - 19:11

Originally posted by mjsv


As I'm traveling in Philly at the moment I take it that I have to second that...?

For us that are a bit slow in the head (=couple of fries short of a happy meal ™); do you mean that I can't see the FP tonight here in Philly?

--
mjsv


Assuming your hotel has Comcast:

Basic cable Channel 71
Cable Ready 57
Digital 71

As comcast owns Philly, there's a good chance your hotel has it.

Advertisement

#40 The July Plot

The July Plot
  • Member

  • 482 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 13 March 2008 - 19:23

Originally posted by tkulla
The F1 worldwide feed is not in HD as far as I know, so if you are lucky enough to get Speed TV in HD it will really just be an upsampled version of the SD feed.

I might be wrong on this but Im sure I read in F1 Racing Magazine months ago that F1 would be broadcast in HD this year, If not an upscaled image although not perfect will still be quite nice.

#41 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,125 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:02

Originally posted by FLB

:rotfl:

Finally somebody with a sense of humour about themselves on this board... :up: :kiss:

I always find this website useful for TV times in North America: Race Fan TV

For those who may worry about its accuracy, I can say from experience that it's quite regularly updated.


It is indeed a handy site, and over the past few years I have yet to see them get it wrong.

#42 jay_reed

jay_reed
  • Member

  • 118 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:28

I just checked speed's horrible new website and the airing of practice 2 will be at 12midnight eastern time. I thought it was suppose to be live which would be 11pm. speed is stupid, wish we had itv in the states.

#43 330R

330R
  • Member

  • 1,240 posts
  • Joined: September 04

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:37

Originally posted by jay_reed
I just checked speed's horrible new website and the airing of practice 2 will be at 12midnight eastern time. I thought it was suppose to be live which would be 11pm. speed is stupid, wish we had itv in the states.


There was a commercial on Speed no less than 2 minutes ago for the F1 coverage this weekend. It stated Friday Practice 2 would air at 11pm EDT. :)

That website of theirs is seriously messed up. :lol:

#44 CONOSUR

CONOSUR
  • Member

  • 10,626 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:36

When it come to Speed Channel, you can trust the schedules I post.




:cool:

#45 Jodum5

Jodum5
  • Member

  • 1,247 posts
  • Joined: July 04

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:42

Originally posted by mjsv


As I'm traveling in Philly at the moment I take it that I have to second that...?

For us that are a bit slow in the head (=couple of fries short of a happy meal ™); do you mean that I can't see the FP tonight here in Philly?

--
mjsv


Sorry, I meant Comcast doesn't carry the Speed Channel HD.

#46 Menace

Menace
  • Member

  • 12,390 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:43

Originally posted by CONOSUR
When it come to Speed Channel, you can trust the schedules I post.




:cool:


In that case, THANK YOU! I would have missed it, I thought the FP2 was on at 12am ET...

#47 rage2

rage2
  • Member

  • 207 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:52

I'm watching Speed HD right now, and the audio is seriously messed up. I hope it's fixed before the session starts in 8 minutes. My feed is off DirecTV. Anyone else having this problem?

I'll know real quick if it's upconverted SD, or HD right away.

#48 shoofirbin

shoofirbin
  • Member

  • 451 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:00

Originally posted by jay_reed
I just checked speed's horrible new website and the airing of practice 2 will be at 12midnight eastern time. I thought it was suppose to be live which would be 11pm. speed is stupid, wish we had itv in the states.


i can't really complain too much about speed in general but their website is the pits.

#49 rage2

rage2
  • Member

  • 207 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:00

upscaled SD widescreen :). Looks pretty good, same quality as last year's TSN feeds.

Stupid Speed HD audio is still messed... their SD channel's audio is fine. Looks like they dunno how to mix 5.1 audio properly.

#50 montoya_fanatic

montoya_fanatic
  • Member

  • 74 posts
  • Joined: June 03

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:54

Rage2..Pretty interested to hear about how the practice and the race will look like on Speed HD

For those of us that will only see in SD on regular Speed pls tell us how did the practice look in detail. I know you've seen the HD sports like NASCAR, how did it compare????

Pls let us know this whole weekend how it looks...

thanks!