Photo

I wish for domination from Ferrari, just for a little bit of peace.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Domination

Domination

• 262 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:12

I am a McLaren fan. I admit what they did in 2007 was very wrong and should have been more severely punished. But I will still stay a McLaren fan. However in all the forums I visit, there is a lot of hate being thrown around for McLaren which tugs at my heart a lot. :cry: So even as a McLaren fan, I am hoping for a total Ferrari domination so that I can enjoy a little bit of peace. There is too much hate flying around between the Ferrari and McLaren fans.

They should have just banned McLaren from 2008.

Advertisement

#2 Perigee

Perigee

• 895 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:15

Crikey.

#3 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,751 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:17

Ferrari domination wouldnt give any peace, and the hatred that exists would be the same regardless of what happened last year.

#4 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,379 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:19

Im a diehard Ferrari fan but my dad is a Mclaren fan so i tolerate them ;) jus kidding you'd think some people on these forums were 10 years old the way they argue but jus ignore the hate and hope for a great season :up:

#5 Enkei

Enkei

• 5,853 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:24

You're not a real McLaren fan if you wish for Ferrari domination.

#6 Sébastien

Sébastien

• 1,267 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:31

If you can't stand the heat don't visit the BB's. ;)

But things will normalise once the racing has started, however McLaren (and it's fans) will be often reminded of the shameful behaviour of McLaren in 2007 and the damage they caused to F1.

However I hope for a good battle between Ferrari and McLaren and I am glad that they weren't banned.

#7 Formulaonefan

Formulaonefan

• 389 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:33

Ferrari will not dominate even though I wish so.

#8 512 TR

512 TR

• 2,228 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:34

Originally posted by Domination
I am a McLaren fan. I admit what they did in 2007 was very wrong and should have been more severely punished. But I will still stay a McLaren fan. However in all the forums I visit, there is a lot of hate being thrown around for McLaren which tugs at my heart a lot. :cry: So even as a McLaren fan, I am hoping for a total Ferrari domination so that I can enjoy a little bit of peace. There is too much hate flying around between the Ferrari and McLaren fans.

This might actually be the greatest post ever written in this forum. I would have written the same IF (and that's a big IF) the situation would be reversed.

:up:

#9 Domination

Domination

• 262 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:35

Originally posted by 512 TR

This might actually be the greatest post ever written in this forum. I would have written the same IF (and that's a big IF) the situation would be reversed.

I believe Ferrari broke into Williams garage sometime in the past and took all sort of measurements of their car but alas tis was the day before the internet and rabid fanboys. :kiss:

#10 jay_reed

jay_reed

• 118 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:40

Im a Ferrari fan looking for a good battle with mclaren. total domination would be sweet but boring but if it happens, Im not going to complain :p

#11 512 TR

512 TR

• 2,228 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:44

I believe Ferrari broke into Williams garage sometime in the past and took all sort of measurements of their car but alas tis was the day before the internet and rabid fanboys. :kiss:

They must have taken the wrong kind of measurements because it really didn't make a difference...

I love a good Williams/Head BS story. They do pop up from time to time...

#12 Domination

Domination

• 262 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:46

They must have taken the wrong kind of measurements because it really didn't make a difference...

I believe it was someone from Ferrari that confessed to it. I shouldn't have introduced this subject.

#13 MarkWRX

MarkWRX

• 844 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:51

Unfortunately, I think that there will always be McLaren haters (and Ferrari haters, and Super Aguri haters....well, maybe not them) because, on the intardnet, it's just so easy to be an asshat.

There was so much of it last year that I was going to let my subscription lapse, but decided to just avoid the forums for a while.

I hope that there is an exciting season and that all of us can find a way to be a little more civil to one another.

One out of two won't be bad though.

#14 big x

big x

• 446 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:13

Maybe Frankie boy should think about the murder he was part of instead. :

Harvey Postlewaite Ferrari's technical director admitted breaking in...

http://www.timesonli...icle2042025.ece

adam

#15 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,592 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:18

Maybe you should take a crash course in how to behave with class?

As if the first 2 paras weren't bad enough for being entirely factually incorrect (see big x' post), the last para (EDITED) is a pathetic cheap shot.

#16 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:19

Originally posted by Enkei
You're not a real McLaren fan if you wish for Ferrari domination.

Indeed, and shamefully.

#17 512 TR

512 TR

• 2,228 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:32

Originally posted by big x

adam

I want a grandprix.com article. Otherwise it doesn't count. :lol:

#18 scottb32

scottb32

• 309 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:38

I wish for world peace.

As for the race track, I hope they fight like pit-bulls (all in good-sport of course).

#19 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 6,101 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:42

Maybe Frankie boy should think about the murder he was part of instead. :

Definitions of murder on the Web:

* kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
* unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being

What murder are you referring to that Sir Frank Williams was involved in?

Advertisement

#20 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 23:09

-You are a McLaren fan
-You think they did very wrong 2007 and that $100 million and removal of WCC points (and probably the loss of WDC) was to light on them
-You hope for a Ferrari domination (why that would lead to less "hate" between Mac and Fer fans escapes me)
-You think that McLaren should have been banned 2008

I think you are a troll.

#21 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 23:40

Originally posted by StefanV

-You are a McLaren fan
-You think they did very wrong 2007 and that $100 million and removal of WCC points (and probably the loss of WDC) was to light on them
-You hope for a Ferrari domination (why that would lead to less "hate" between Mac and Fer fans escapes me)

I think you are a troll.

5 posts in 35 minutes after registering.

I've already suggested a 10 day quarantine on new users, may be 5, to calm people down after they create their troll alter egos.

#22 Domination

Domination

• 262 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 23:47

Originally posted by StefanV

-You are a McLaren fan

I think you are a troll.

Yes I am a McLaren fan.
Just because I am a McLaren fan doesn't mean I have to deny all the wrong doings by McLaren.
Ferrari domination would indeed make the forums more peaceful (relatively)
When I said they should have banned McLaren from 2008, I meant that it would be more peaceful that way. For me at least.

edit: At least 1 person agrees with me (512 TR)

#23 Sébastien

Sébastien

• 1,267 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 00:00

Ohh boy now we have McLaren fans hitting on other McLaren fans. :lol:

The Matt Bishop school of PR must have reached the fanboys now too.

#24 HP

HP

• 19,646 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 00:37

I don't think some sector of the media won't let us have peace anyway, as well the money involved in the sport doesn't bode well for peaceful stuff. So let's hope of a competitive season.

Also, if it's a walkover season then, by judging the past, that means more attacks over unimportant issues. And IMO the 2007 season is mostly irrelevant for what happens in 2008. So let's look forward and hope for another very close and competitive season. If the season goes without the FiA having the need to interfere for whatever reason, we might get a season to remember.

As to having McLaren folks going after each other it's good to remember this: "A house divided won't be able stand".

#25 paulogman

paulogman

• 2,642 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:05

Originally posted by F1Johnny

Definitions of murder on the Web:

* kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
* unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being

What murder are you referring to that Sir Frank Williams was involved in?

sounds like 512 tr is making a very uninformed and egotistical response.
if that is the way he sees it, his beloved team is an historically evil mass murderer

#26 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 6,101 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:15

Originally posted by paulogman

sounds like 512 tr is making a very uninformed and egotistical response.
if that is the way he sees it, his beloved team is an historically evil mass murderer

He seems to have run off and edited his post. He really should apologise for making such a disgusting statement.

#27 Flex

Flex

• 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:28

You are a liar, and a worthless troll.

#28 Arion

Arion

• 2,444 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:05

He just signed up to the forum yesterday and he signed up just to post this rubbish :rotfl:

#29 rodlamas

rodlamas

• 11,366 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:48

I bet my balls you wouldnt.

#30 Italiano Tifoso

Italiano Tifoso

• 1,888 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:04

I think we are missing an important point though. The rivalry that exits between these teams is what makes F1 so enthralling. It's like Liverpool VS Chelsea, or any other two team battle that exists in many sports.

Let's not take it too seriously, after all it is just a sport...I can't believe i just said that.

Anyhow Mclaren need Ferrari to win this year as any Mclaren success in 2008 will still hold a big question mark over it due to last year and the technical findings of the FIA in December. McLaren need a season of cleansing if you like before the rivalry may begin again on a level field.

#31 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:29

Whats this topic even about :confused: As a Ferrari man I'd really like to see a close match up. Not just between both McLaren and Ferrari but a 3 way contest possibly including Renault BMW or Williams if one of them could lift their game to match the pace of the top two. Would certainly make for a far more interesting situation rather than pure dominance from one team. I don’t think anyone here really wants that from w/e spectrum or position you look at it from. In the heat of such intense competition a drivers best and worst characteristics are on show as depicted in the ending of last season.

#32 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:04

Originally posted by big x

adam

Postlethwaite wanted to know more about the hugely successful FW07, so his engineers spent the whole night in the Williams garage.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 etoipi

etoipi

• 173 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:25

To the originator of thread

Stirrer

I would like to see Minardi dominate - oh damn, I am a few years too late

#34 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:45

Originally posted by Italiano Tifoso
I think we are missing an important point though. The rivalry that exits between these teams is what makes F1 so enthralling. It's like Liverpool VS Chelsea, or any other two team battle that exists in many sports.

Let's not take it too seriously, after all it is just a sport...I can't believe i just said that.

Anyhow Mclaren need Ferrari to win this year as any Mclaren success in 2008 will still hold a big question mark over it due to last year and the technical findings of the FIA in December. McLaren need a season of cleansing if you like before the rivalry may begin again on a level field.

McLaren got some illegitimate data about tyre gas, a brake balance lever and the wheelbase. Quite possibly some other stuff too but they have undoubtedly learned far more from the Ferrari aero guy they hired perfectly legitimately. Meanwhile the tyre supplier is a Ferrari ally, along with the head of the race stewards. Not to mention all the extra FoM money given to Ferrari and the $100m taken from McLaren.

If McLaren beat Ferrari this year it will be a genuine achievement, from doing a good job as a racing team. If you're already trying to deny that then you can't claim to be enthralled by the rivalry, IMO.

#35 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:47

Originally posted by Mika Mika

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outrageous because Saward screwed up and got it wrong, Postlewaite wasn't even working for Ferrari in 1980 and had absolutely nothing to do with the 312T5...

But Joe never lets facts get in the way of his almost maniacal defense of McLaren's loathsome behaviour last year.

#36 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,592 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:48

Originally posted by F1Johnny

He seems to have run off and edited his post. He really should apologise for making such a disgusting statement.

It was edited by the mods ( :up: ), I guess because it was a potentially libelous allegation. Sadly he hasn't had the class to edit it himself of apologise for it.

#37 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:29

Originally posted by kar

Outrageous because Saward screwed up and got it wrong, Postlewaite wasn't even working for Ferrari in 1980 and had absolutely nothing to do with the 312T5...

But Joe never lets facts get in the way of his almost maniacal defense of McLaren's loathsome behaviour last year.

It doesnt seem very fair to make an allogation to make. When the chap can not defend himself...

#38 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:37

That's what I thought too. Pretty cheap of him to comment on hearsay when the only person who could rebut it sadly isn't with us anymore.

#39 hobbes

hobbes

• 889 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 13:21

Originally posted by undersquare

IMO.

exactly :p
As long as everybody behaves or at least cheat without us realizing, people will calm down.

Advertisement

#40 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 6,101 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 13:27

Originally posted by Gareth
It was edited by the mods ( :up: ), I guess because it was a potentially libelous allegation. Sadly he hasn't had the class to edit it himself of apologise for it.

Maybe I was too hasty in giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would come to his senses and edit it himself.

#41 Konsta

Konsta

• 2,876 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 13:49

I really can´t see the point of hating pretty much anything. I like some drivers more than others but they have all earned (one way or the other) their place on the grid - no place for hate there. Some things that teams have involved in are less than admirable but no-one is squeky clean. I used to dislike Ferrari for their antics some years ago and last year I was upset about how McL handled the situation. No hate needed on my part.

If we could all just look to the future together and hope for the world peace a´la Miss Universe candidates, we´d be well off ;)

Come friday, FP1 at 01.00 local time!!

#42 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 19:39

Originally posted by Konsta
I really can´t see the point of hating pretty much anything. I like some drivers more than others but they have all earned (one way or the other) their place on the grid - no place for hate there. Some things that teams have involved in are less than admirable but no-one is squeky clean. I used to dislike Ferrari for their antics some years ago and last year I was upset about how McL handled the situation. No hate needed on my part.

thank God for that......someone remembered how 'important' F1 actually is :clap: