Photo

Why does not Toyota use their road-car logo in F1?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 440 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:09

hi everybody

i've been searching in the web but i've not found an answer, does any of you know why they don't use their brand logo in F1 like mercedes, renault, bmw, honda do?

many thanks and sorry if this is a repeated question in this forum :confused:

:wave:

Advertisement

#2 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,019 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:48

Maybe they dont want their road cars to painted with the same brush as their F1 cars...;)

Interesting point tho

I believe the bold red TOYOTA text accounts as a logo of sorts (used to be official logo?)

#3 lettuce

lettuce

• 374 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:55

they use a distinctive Toyota F1 logo on the nosecone which they also use on their Toyota Motorsport products

The new products will bear the Toyota F1 logo to make the link clear where the development has been done.

#4 etoipi

etoipi

• 173 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:20

Before responding I looked at the photos from the Toyota launch. My guess is that the logo would not be visible enough on the F1 car. It would just disappear under all the other colour, curves and angles you see on the car. And on the fast moving car on the track, it would be unnoticeable.

#5 Phucaigh

Phucaigh

• 2,839 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:20

Toyota don't need the car logo, TOYOTA is clearly visible. The livery works well for sponsors and their own name.

#6 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 440 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:49

Originally posted by Phucaigh
Toyota don't need the car logo, TOYOTA is clearly visible. The livery works well for sponsors and their own name.

of course TOYOTA is visible :eek:

i didnt know that was the "toyota-motorsport" logo,(thanks lettuce ;) ). The other one may be as visible as the one they use, just "bolding" it a little ;) It'll make a link between f1-world and toyota' road cars, just other carmakers do.

It's obvious that there is a commercial or marketing reason , but i was just wondering why?

many thanks for your comments

#7 spwolf

spwolf

• 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 22:13

they have their Toyota Motorsports GmbH logo, which is what they transformed TTE into. Its the logo they use on all the performance parts for Toyota range in Europe. They basically want to market that logo so you relate to F1 when you spend 8k on MR2 Kompressor kit. :stoned:

#8 metz

metz

• 15,847 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 22:21

Originally posted by etoipi
on the fast moving car on the track, it would be unnoticeable.

That's wishful thinking...;)

#9 etoipi

etoipi

• 173 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:28

I was being generous. lol

#10 kamix

kamix

• 1,238 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:52

It's an interesting point. I have a couple of Toyotas in my collection - a modified Supra twin turbo and a modified GT4 - and I've never heard of TTE or Toyota Motorsports GmbH before. I'm not from Europe though.

#11 Frank Booth

Frank Booth

• 796 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 13:00

IMHO their logo is fugly

#12 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 440 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 13:03

Originally posted by kamix
It's an interesting point. I have a couple of Toyotas in my collection - a modified Supra twin turbo and a modified GT4 - and I've never heard of TTE or Toyota Motorsports GmbH before. I'm not from Europe though.

well, that's why I write the post. I think the road car's toyota logo is worldwide known. The others may not.

TTE and Toyota Motorsports GmbH were both created to support and develop cars for rallies (among other sport activities). That's why totoyaF1 is in Germany

i think TTE stands for Toyota Team Europe I'm not sure :confused:

#13 spwolf

spwolf

• 62 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 15:13

Originally posted by pikamoku

well, that's why I write the post. I think the road car's toyota logo is worldwide known. The others may not.

TTE and Toyota Motorsports GmbH were both created to support and develop cars for rallies (among other sport activities). That's why totoyaF1 is in Germany

i think TTE stands for Toyota Team Europe I'm not sure :confused:

TTE = Toyota Team Europe

http://www.tte.de

TTE was in Europe what TRD is in Japan and USA. They race Toyota's and sell accessories.

Now it is called Toyota Motorsport GmbH, and accessories are even more integrated into the Toyota sales channels. You can check examples of what they sell on their website. From 2006-2007, 99% of them can be gotten via Toyota dealers, which wasnt the case really, with full warranty.

#14 mach4

mach4

• 1,873 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 16:22

They don't want to devalue their brand.

#15 Frank Booth

Frank Booth

• 796 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 16:27

GmbH

Silly question, what does this ^ acronym mean? I'm assuming it's similar to "Inc" in the U.S.

#16 Scudetto

Scudetto

• 8,226 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 16:41

Originally posted by Frank Booth

Silly question, what does this ^ acronym mean? I'm assuming it's similar to "Inc" in the U.S.

Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung = "Limited liability company" a form of business structure combining ascepts of incorporation and self proprietorship.

#17 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 17:00

Originally posted by mach4
They don't want to devalue their brand.

:lol: