Jump to content


Photo

Hamilton says that he will take less risks this year


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 SuperFastKimi

SuperFastKimi
  • New Member

  • 8 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 14 March 2008 - 14:36

"If I'm leading the championship, I won't be pushing way over the limit to win the race.
I'll be conservative and finish with the points. I'm chasing the same dream but in a slightly different way."

Here is the link: http://news.bbc.co.u...one/7296652.stm


I'm not sure I like this change of approach from Hamilton. I liked the way he raced to win everytime last year.
I watch F1 to be entertained. It's their life, not mine, so I don't care if they win championships, as long as I win by being entertained. Hamilton's less risky approach means less entertainment for me regardless of whether it means more championships for him.

Hamilton is in danger of becoming like Alonso and Prost, and hate those two and their calculated, boring approach.

Advertisement

#2 Clatter

Clatter
  • Member

  • 27,450 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 14 March 2008 - 14:38

Sounds sensible to me.

#3 Scudetto

Scudetto
  • Member

  • 8,047 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 14 March 2008 - 14:41

Originally posted by SuperFastKimi
I'm not sure I like this change of approach from Hamilton. I liked the way he raced to win everytime last year.



He doesn't say he isn't going to race to win, just that he won't piss a championship lead with unnecessary risks. Frankly, if he had this mindset going into the last few races of 2007, there'd be a #1 on McLaren's nose this year.

#4 SuperFastKimi

SuperFastKimi
  • New Member

  • 8 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 14 March 2008 - 14:47

Originally posted by Scudetto



He doesn't say he isn't going to race to win, just that he won't piss a championship lead with unnecessary risks. Frankly, if he had this mindset going into the last few races of 2007, there'd be a #1 on McLaren's nose this year.


Yes but I don't care about that stuff. Why should I care about whether or not he has a number 1 on his car? All I want is entertainment and intensity every race from all the teams and drivers. Unfortunately with the current points system, consistency is rewarded more than wins.

#5 undersquare

undersquare
  • Member

  • 18,929 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 14 March 2008 - 14:51

Originally posted by SuperFastKimi


Yes but I don't care about that stuff. Why should I care about whether or not he has a number 1 on his car? All I want is entertainment and intensity every race from all the teams and drivers. Unfortunately with the current points system, consistency is rewarded more than wins.


So is this a complaint? Lewis is being a bit inconsiderate? :rotfl:

While Kimi of course never waits for the pitstops to cruise past...

#6 Owen

Owen
  • Member

  • 10,587 posts
  • Joined: September 06

Posted 14 March 2008 - 14:55

Originally posted by Clatter
Sounds sensible to me.


Me too. This, dare I say, more mature approach is exactly what is required.

#7 Josta

Josta
  • Member

  • 2,237 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 14 March 2008 - 14:57

Originally posted by SuperFastKimi


Yes but I don't care about that stuff. Why should I care about whether or not he has a number 1 on his car? All I want is entertainment and intensity every race from all the teams and drivers. Unfortunately with the current points system, consistency is rewarded more than wins.


I am sure that Lewis doesn't care what you want.

#8 Scudetto

Scudetto
  • Member

  • 8,047 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:01

It ain't Hammy's job to entertain you.

#9 SuperFastKimi

SuperFastKimi
  • New Member

  • 8 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:05

Originally posted by Scudetto
It ain't Hammy's job to entertain you.


Well I indirectly pay his wages, because I am skilled in the art of mind control. If I wanted to I could make everyone stop watching F1 until Hamilton returns to his normal wreckless ways. If there is no-one watching, the product would be dead - No sponsors, no interest and no money for little Hammy.



#10 SeanValen

SeanValen
  • Member

  • 16,933 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:12

Originally posted by SuperFastKimi


Yes but I don't care about that stuff. Why should I care about whether or not he has a number 1 on his car? All I want is entertainment and intensity every race from all the teams and drivers. Unfortunately with the current points system, consistency is rewarded more than wins.




It's not the formula one it used to be, I'm sad to say it, if Mclaren and Ferrari are close enough to compete for wins, great, but if not, then either Kimi and or Hamilton or someone else will be running and hiding, and I'm not sure if traction control being banned is enough to increase entertainment.

Prey for some rain and always dreams of the FIA and teams bringing f1 back to what it used to be, we got slick tyres in 2009, maybe that will help, but as for 2008, I'm not expecting fireworks,with the retirement of Michael Schumacher over a year old, we got lucky with season 2007 in the mclaren teamate battle, but that may not be the same story this year, could be less exciting on track and off it.
Not every season is the same. Expect processions and less entertainment, but be hopeful of a good solid 6-7 good races.


Personally at the end of albert park, I think we'll miss the fact that Alonso is not Hamilton's teamate this year, yence imagine if they weren't teamates last year, I think it could be a stale year, a year were we badly wish the comeback of the great Michael Schumacher in 2009 :D
:smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

#11 parkiw

parkiw
  • Member

  • 96 posts
  • Joined: July 04

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:15

I could make everyone stop watching F1 until Hamilton returns to his normal wreckless ways.


Funny, in motor racing the way to stay wreckless is not to be reckless!

:)

Ian

#12 Clatter

Clatter
  • Member

  • 27,450 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:16

Originally posted by SeanValen




It's not the formula one it used to be, I'm sad to say it, if Mclaren and Ferrari are close enough to compete for wins, great, but if not, then either Kimi and or Hamilton or someone else will be running and hiding, and I'm not sure if traction control being banned is enough to increase entertainment.

Prey for some rain and always dreams of the FIA and teams bringing f1 back to what it used to be, we got slick tyres in 2009, maybe that will help, but as for 2008, I'm not expecting fireworks,with the retirement of Michael Schumacher over a year old, we got lucky with season 2007 in the mclaren teamate battle, but that may not be the same story this year, could be less exciting on track and off it.
Not every season is the same. Expect processions and less entertainment, but be hopeful of a good solid 6-7 good races.
:smoking: :smoking: :smoking:


I suppose it depends on whether you only look to the front of the grid for entertainment.

I don't expect the TC ban to make a huge difference, but I think it will provide more action in the mid-field where performance is closer.

#13 SuperFastKimi

SuperFastKimi
  • New Member

  • 8 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:20

Originally posted by parkiw


Funny, in motor racing the way to stay wreckless is not to be reckless!

:)

Ian


LOL. Even though the joke is on me and my spelling mistake, I have to laugh at that one.

#14 Scudetto

Scudetto
  • Member

  • 8,047 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:21

Originally posted by SuperFastKimi


Well I indirectly pay his wages, because I am skilled in the art of mind control. If I wanted to I could make everyone stop watching F1 until Hamilton returns to his normal wreckless ways. If there is no-one watching, the product would be dead - No sponsors, no interest and no money for little Hammy.


:lol: Tell you what, file your grievance with the FIA. Explain your compelling arguments why a driver contracted to win championships should subjugate his mandate in favor of your need to be entertained by wreckless driving.

But be sure to warn them of your Jedi powers, I'm sure they'll want to know exactly whom they're dealing with.

#15 Ivan

Ivan
  • Member

  • 6,646 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:29

Originally posted by Scudetto
But be sure to warn them of your Jedi powers, I'm sure they'll want to know exactly whom they're dealing with.


:rotfl:

#16 UPRC

UPRC
  • Member

  • 4,613 posts
  • Joined: February 99

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:41

Good, he's thinking like a Formula One driver now. I guess he realized what caused him to lose the championship in his rookie season.

I don't like Hamilton as I'm one of those radical Raikkonen supporters, but it is good to see him take this approach.

#17 VoidNT

VoidNT
  • Member

  • 1,561 posts
  • Joined: April 04

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:42

Originally posted by Scudetto
in favor of your need to be entertained by wreckless driving.


I think the original poster speaks for exactly the opposite - he wants a lot of wrecks ;)

#18 SlateGray

SlateGray
  • Member

  • 6,122 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:44

"If I'm leading the championship, I won't be pushing way over the limit to win the race.
I'll be conservative and finish with the points. I'm chasing the same dream but in a slightly different way."


Well you have to give the kid some credit, but he really should have understood that long before he ever got to F1

#19 pUs

pUs
  • Member

  • 2,543 posts
  • Joined: November 99

Posted 14 March 2008 - 16:03

Originally posted by SuperFastKimi

Hamilton is in danger of becoming like Alonso and Prost, and hate those two and their calculated, boring approach.


Uhm.. no, I don't think he will become a new Alain Prost. As much as I like Alain, they're two very different kinds of drivers. And persons.

And even so, if he would indeed behave "like Alonso and Prost", what's the shame in that? Two great drivers. :confused:

Advertisement

#20 hobbes

hobbes
  • Member

  • 889 posts
  • Joined: December 07

Posted 14 March 2008 - 16:23

I rememember people arguing that Hammy is a true racer and thats why he will always push to the limit. Where there you go :D