Get Piquet Jnr out of F1 now. People like him are what is wrong with F1

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#301 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 23:38

Originally posted by BMW_F1

I agree one hundred percent, before Lewis it was Kimi and Mikka.

Will you ever recover from Montoya getting beaten fair and square?

Advertisement

#302 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,738 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:33

Originally posted by MichaelPM
Letting their drivers go with different strategies is a sign of equality...one of the main problems with McLaren was them restricting Alonso strategy wise and making sure Hamilton couldnt lose out to Alonso in that respect thereby eliminating his experience being an advantage.

Oh sure... Please, if you see Santa Claus around tell him I was a good boy... ah, you do believe in Santa, right?

#303 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:07

Originally posted by MOOT

In spain, Kova was fading away from Kubica who was on Lewis's tail all race. In fact had Kova not crashed, people would be asking why he was so slow. Kova has been consistent, but he hasn't shown anything spectacular.

It is true that HK needs to improve his race pace. But his quali pace seems to be better than LH's now. He once outqualified LH with a heavier fuel load (Malaysia? I forget exactly) and in Spain again he did a significantly better quali lap fuel adjusted (going by McLaren's word that HK would not have pitted for a couple laps more at the time of his crash). Taking fuel into account, HK's race pace in Spain was already very close to LH's as it would have slowed him down several tenths per lap compared to LH. If HK keeps this up, and in the past seasons he has, it isn't long now when HK starts to outclass LH. That'll be intersting, to say the least. It could be, of course, that McL will simply not allow it. After all, it is becoming a trend that HK gets the heavier fuel load for quali, and thus lower grid position.

#304 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,587 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:56

Originally posted by MOOT

Well according to Josta above, this is a clear sign of Renault giving Alonso preferential treatment because they're clearly overfueling Piquet just so that Alonso can come out on top.

With all the controversy of who benifits more from being heavier if a saftey car comes out, etc. I fail to see that point of view. Rookie driver takes saver option while trying to learn the ropes...

#305 potmotr

potmotr

• 9,999 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 14:05

Surely I'm not the only person who objects to the name of this thread. It is so hate filled and childish. Couldn't it have just been called 'Nelson Piquet Junior'?

#306 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 14:06

I agree, it is offensive and should be changed.

#307 potmotr

potmotr

• 9,999 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 14:14

Originally posted by StefanV
I agree, it is offensive and should be changed.

Not to mention a grammatical car crash.

#308 iuut

iuut

• 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 14:24

Originally posted by MichaelPM
With all the controversy of who benifits more from being heavier if a saftey car comes out, etc. I fail to see that point of view. Rookie driver takes saver option while trying to learn the ropes...

you say piquet takes the saver option but can't agree that Kova might like the heavier fuel strategy just like Kimi.

#309 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,587 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 14:31

Originally posted by iuut

you say piquet takes the saver option but can't agree that Kova might like the heavier fuel strategy just like Kimi.

I never commented on their fuel loads so I don't know where you got that from.

#310 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 19:56

Originally posted by potmotr
Surely I'm not the only person who objects to the name of this thread. It is so hate filled and childish. Couldn't it have just been called 'Nelson Piquet Junior'?

Nope. Its a good summary of the value of most postings here.

#311 Suntrek

Suntrek

• 1,781 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 20:20

It was started by a troll, so how could you expect it to be named otherwise?

#312 StefanV

StefanV

• 1,214 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 21:42

Originally posted by Suntrek

It was started by a troll, so how could you expect it to be named otherwise?

Thread title can still be edited by the mods. Trolling leads to trolling which leads to a harsh atmosphere.

#313 Suntrek

Suntrek

• 1,781 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 22:38

Originally posted by StefanV

Thread title can still be edited by the mods. Trolling leads to trolling which leads to a harsh atmosphere.

Absolutely, and I'd be more than happy to see the thread name changed by them. :)

#314 fastlegs

fastlegs

• 1,952 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 00:10

Originally posted by Craven Morehead
hey give the kid a chance. heiki didn't look all that good at the beginning of last year either, and now he looks totally at home running lewis close. Nelsinho will find his way.

Right on! :up:

I was thinking the exact same thing "give the kid a chance" a few seconds before I came across your post.

#315 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,172 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 00:22

Be fair, give the kid a chance. It's worse to throw away an almost won championship. He is in his learning curve, he feels too much pressure, but he's shown he can make good laps. Don't expect him to have a great race ever since he'll probably will be given the worst strategy every time.

#316 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,738 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:32

Adding to what is said...I bet that if he had the same car superiority as Macs where last year he could even throw a LH or similar.... Renault is a drag....

#317 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,274 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:27

Not to mention a grammatical car crash.

Then it is spot on, isn't it.