Photo

New ideas for this new forum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 15:18

Hi all , a great chance to get the MC topic sorted a bit , I believe . My idea with the 1949-1968 topic was not bad I believe and allthough only the 3rd largest we did get these years split up. My general idea now is to split them further up , say like
WC racing and others for NONWC . There was in the old days many nonchamp races and I think the thread are too big .
Nothing against all the British or other races , but they could have their own . And of course there is now room for single threads on drivers , machines etc. To sum it up I would like a thread called 1949-1967 MCGP racing , and so on............
And I do think it good if all threads started with years .
What do you think ?

Advertisement

#2 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:43

I do think it good if all threads started with years. What do you think ?

Bjørn :wave: How about The 50's, 60's etc?

Edited by mfd, 22 May 2009 - 12:44.

#3 TZ350

TZ350

• 789 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 15:30

Bjørn :wave: How about The 50's, 60's etc?

how about a search thing for old racing friends?

#4 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 15:33

Hi Mike ,

The reason for my 49-68 thread was partly to split the then thread before it got too big , and partly because the MCWC started with 49 and the time with the big works multicylinder machines ended in 67. The split was made , but look today , 69-90 part 1 15.000 posts and part 2 for the same years 7500 posts. If I wanted to look for GP racing there..........oh boy !.
The 49-68 (which should have been 67) thread is on 3.000 posts , so it could be to handle if split now.
The other reason for my doing a thread then was my own interest for those years , but also especially to keep the GP's on their own. Nothing against all other classes , I remember from then there was a lot of good races in Britain too.
So if I should suggest specifically it would be :

1949(first WC)-1959 GP Racing(first year of Japs at the TT)
1960(first full year of Japs)-1967 GP Racing(first full and last full for multi 4 strokers)
1968-I would leave to others.............

#5 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:34

Hi all , a great chance to get the MC topic sorted a bit , I believe . My idea with the 1949-1968 topic was not bad I believe and allthough only the 3rd largest we did get these years split up. My general idea now is to split them further up , say like
WC racing and others for NONWC . There was in the old days many nonchamp races and I think the thread are too big .
Nothing against all the British or other races , but they could have their own . And of course there is now room for single threads on drivers , machines etc. To sum it up I would like a thread called 1949-1967 MCGP racing , and so on............
And I do think it good if all threads started with years .
What do you think ?

Bjorn, the 49 thread routinely receives no posts for days, sometimes weeks, so not quite sure what your case is? But why not whack up your threads and see what happens ?

Edited by Russell Burrows, 23 May 2009 - 12:04.

#6 MoMurray

MoMurray

• 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 15:01

Bjorn, the 49 thread routinely receives no posts for days, sometimes weeks, so not quite sure what your case is? But why not whack up your threads and see what happens ?

I really miss the "go to first unread post" button. Can we have that back please?

Mo.

#7 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 16:32

I really miss the "go to first unread post" button. Can we have that back please?

I wondered how long it would take you to pitch-up, Mo! :wave:

The button you miss is actually still there; it's a small orange square thingy next to the envelope icon...  ;)