Photo

Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 21:07

Even before the dust has settled from this year, the provisional dates have just been announced via the Goodwood press office.

PROVISIONAL GOODWOOD DATES FOR 2010

Festival of Speed Provisional Dates for 2010
The Earl of March, patron of the UK’s most celebrated motor sport meetings – the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival –is delighted to announce today the provisional 2010 dates for these hugely popular annual events.

The 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed is provisionally scheduled to take place over the weekend of 2-4 July, subject to final confirmation of the rest of the motor sport calendar. It will be the 18th running of the world’s largest celebration of motoring culture and promises to be packed with action and excitement as the planet’s most glamorous racing machinery and famous drivers gather together in the beautiful surroundings of Goodwood Park. The 2010 theme for this leading motor sport event is currently being finalised and will be announced in the coming weeks.

Goodwood Revival Provisional Dates for 2010
For 2010 the unique Goodwood Revival is provisionally scheduled for the weekend of 17-19 September. The Revival is truly a magical step back in time and celebrates the halcyon days of motor racing as it used to be with all of the accompanying spectacle and glamour of the era. Competitors and spectators alike dress in period fashions with the finest sights and entertainment of the pre-1966 era for all to enjoy.

Advertisement

#2 john ruston

john ruston

• 1,019 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:35

DCN posted these on the other Revival site
I pointed out that FOS does not clash with Le Mans Classic.
Good thing for many people

#3 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 22:07

Latest press release about the 2010 Festival

The Theme for 2010
The Earl of March has now confirmed the theme of the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed – provisionally to be held on 2-4 July 2010 – as ‘Viva Veloce! – The Passion for Speed’. This theme celebrates Italy’s all-consuming fascination with motor racing, and its global influence on the sport. From Alfa Romeo to MV Agusta, Ascari to Agostini, and Monza to the Mille Miglia, Italians have raced with breathtaking fervour, inspiring desire and devotion that transcends national identity.

Italian DNA runs through many of the sport’s most memorable and passionate performances. Whether it’s Fangio and Wimille dominating the immediate post-war years in Alfa Romeos, Moss and Behra battling against the odds in Maseratis, Villeneuve and Schumacher’s towering achievements in Ferraris, Toivonen and Kankkunen blasting through the forests in Lancias, or Surtees and Hailwood sweeping all before them on MV Agustas, competitors from many nations have shared in Italy’s glory.

Equally, many legendary Italian motor sport heroes took on their countrymen in non-Italian machinery, such as Nuvolari and Varzi in German Silver Arrows, Agostini and Rossi rising to new heights on Yamahas, Mercedes-Benz conquering the Mille Miglia, and Porsche making the Targa Florio its own. The 2010 Festival of Speed will honour the cars, motorcycles, drivers and riders that raced with unbridled Latin zeal, and the legendary feats they achieved, with a particular emphasis on the centenary of one of Italy’s most celebrated marques – Alfa Romeo.

Anniversaries ripe for celebration
Running alongside the 2010 Festival central theme, Goodwood will also celebrate 60 years of the Formula One World Championship, with a gathering of cars and drivers that have shaped the history of motor sport’s most glamorous series. The 60th anniversary of the epic Carrera Panamericana road race, and 50 years since the RAC Rally took to the forests for the first time, will both be marked in true Goodwood style too.

#4 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,215 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:39

I shall be attending the FoS for the first time this year - likely to be one of only two events that I shall be able to visit this year (the other being the Silverstone Classic) due to work, family and baby commitments. :( Oh to be retired and lonely :lol:

Having read this press release and seeing the photos from Doug re. the taster day, I must admit I can't wait. I've always had a soft spot for many Italian drivers for some perverse reason, and anniversaries usually bring out a lot more drivers and cars than perhaps might normally show up.

But as there's about 4 months to go, one must keep my excitement under wraps, particulary as no end of things might come in the way to foil me inbetween.

Anyone else tentatively looking at going?

#5 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:12

A lot of us go every year, Richard, as a glance at the various class photos over the years will show :)

I think you can sure there'll be at least a dozen of us in attendance

#6 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:56

An extra day at this year's FOS is to replace the now cancelled 2010 British Motor Show

http://www.pistonhea...p?storyId=21692

#7 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,506 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:45

Members of the GRRC should note that the half price programme offer is now only available if pre-booked. This was announced in the latest newsletter - halfway down page 2. The reason is to reduce congestion in the members enclosure and nothing to do with reducing cost.

#8 alfredaustria

alfredaustria

• 300 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 19:51

Hi - Any idea "Who is driving what?" at the Festival of Speed and at the Revival this year. I cannot find the answer on the new goodwood-website. Who can help, please? Thanks Alfred :wave:

#9 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 17:36

Any idea "Who is driving what?" at the Festival of Speed and at the Revival this year.

Latest press release, to answer alfred's query - so far, the driver listing only goes as far as 'M':

Listed below are some of the riders and drivers due to attend the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year:

Aaltonen, Rauno - Monte Carlo and RAC Rally winner, and European Rally Champion will drive the Mini Cooper S in which he won the 1965 RAC Rally
Agostini, Giacomo - 15-times World Champion on 350 and 500cc will be in action on an MV Agusta 500
Attwood, Richard - 1970 Le Mans winner and works BRM, Cooper and Lotus Formula 1 driver will drive the Alan Mann Ford F3L on the hillclimb
Bell, Derek - five-time Le Mans winner, Formula 1 driver & all round endurance legend will be in action all weekend
Bell, Justin Son of Derek, and himself a sports car star, 1997 GT2 champion will be in action all weekend
Biaggi, Max - four-time 250cc World Champion, current World Superbike star is expected to ride the latest Aprilia World Superbike
Biasion, Miki - 1988 and 1989 World Rally Champion will be in action on the Forest Rally Stage in a Lancia Delta
Bird, Sam - current GP2 driver and former Williams test driver is expected to drive a McLaren M23 on the hill all weekend
Block, Ken - star of Gymkhana videos and now WRC star is expected to demonstrate his Ford Fiesta 'Gymkhana 3' car and Ford Focus RS WRC
Brookes, Russell - twice British Rally Champion and star of the British rally scene will drive an Opel Manta 400 on the Forest Rally Stage
Button, Jenson - reigning F1 World Champion will be in action on the hillclimb in a McLaren MP4-25 on Saturday
Camier, Leon - works Aprilia World Superbike rider will ride the latest Aprilia World Superbike
Chandler, Ron - former 500cc Grand Prix rider will be in action on a Formula 750 BSA
Crutchlow, Cal - reigning World Supersport champ and current Yamaha WSB rider will be in action on a classic Yamaha race bike
Davies, Chaz - former Moto GP rider and now World Supersport star will be in action on the latest World Supersport Triumph
Dron, Tony - experienced British sports and touring car driver is going to demonstrate the Miller 'Boyle Valve Special' Indy car on the hill
Elford, Vic - former winner of Monte Carlo Rally, Sebring 12 Hrs and Daytona 24 Hrs is expected to be in action in one of his iconic Porsches on all three days
Emmett, Sean - former Moto GP and Superbike rider will be in action on a World Championship-winning Harley Davidson
Fittipaldi, Emerson - twice F1 World Champion and Indy 500 winner is expected to be in action on the Hill in a significant car from his career
Gené, Marc - Ferrari F1 test driver and works Peugeot Le Mans driver is expected to demonstrate the latest Ferrari F1 car
Goodwin, Chris - regular sportscar racer, touring car driver and McLaren chief test driver will be in action in a McLaren
Graham, Stuart - the only post-war winner of TTs on two & four wheels, bike & tin-top star will be in action on the Hill throughout the weekend
Griffin, Mattie - BMW Motorad works stunt rider will be in action on the Hill throughout the weekend
Hakkinen, Mika - 1998 and 1999 F1 World Champion will be in action on all three days in a sensational Mercedes Benz
Hamilton, Lewis - 2008 Formula 1 World Champion & crowd favourite will be tearing up the hill on Sunday in the McLaren MP4-24
Haslam, Leon - World Superbike star and son of British motorcycling legend Ron Haslam will ride the latest Suzuki World Superbike
Heidfeld, Nick - former Prost, Jordan, Williams, BMW Sauber driver, now Mercedes tester is expected to be in action in the latest Mercedes GP car
Hodgson, Neil - former World and British Superbike champion will ride his 2000 British Superbike Championship-winning Ducati
Hopkirk, Paddy - rally legend, winner of the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally will be in action on the Forest Rally Stage in a Mini Cooper S
Horner, Christian - former racing driver and now Red Bull Racing Formula 1 Team Principal will be in attendance throughout the weekend
Hulkenberg, Nico - A1GP, F3 Euro Series, and reigning GP2 champion, now Williams F1 driver will be in action on the hillclimb in the Williams FW31
Lampkin, Dougie - 12-times World Trials Champion will be roving the Festival riding around, on and over all manner of obstacles
Larini, Nicola - former Grand Prix and Touring Car star, and 1993 DTM Champion is expected to be in action in his DTM title-winning Alfa Romeo
Laverda, Piero - Italian bike manufacturing legend is expected to be in action on one of his own Laverda bikes
Laverty, Eugene - current Honda World Supersport rider will be in action on the latest Honda CBR600RR
Law, Justin - historic racing star and multiple Festival 'Fastest Time of the Day' holder will be returning to the Festival on work apprenticeship with our R&M department
Martin, Guy - motorcycle road racing star will be in action on the hill on a Honda race bike
Martin, James - TV chef and classic car lover will be in action on the Forest Rally Stage in his ex-Works Mini Cooper S
Martin, Markko - former WRC star, winner of five WRC rallies will be in action on the Forest Rally Stage in a MG ZR S2000
Mason, Nick - Pink Floyd drummer and renowned classic car enthusiast and racer will once again be behind the wheel of an Auto Union Type D on the hill
Mass, Jochen - former Grand Prix star, Le Mans winner and touring car driver Is expected to drive a car from the Mercedes Benz Classic collection

And there's more...
From the world of rallying, Festival first-timer Miki Biasion will be reunited with a Lancia Delta; American ‘Gymkhana’ video and current WRC star Ken Block will be going wild in his Ford: 2009 IRS Champion Kris Meeke will be going sideways in his Peugeot; as will IRC rival Guy Wilks in his Skoda. Many other rallying greats will be reacquainted with the cars that made them famous, including Messrs Rauno Aaltonen, Jimmy McRae, Russell Brookes, Björn Waldegård and Markko Martin.

Motorcycling heroes will include Giacomo Agostini, Kevin Schwantz, Chaz Davies, Neil Hodgson and Trevor Nation, plus many others, including 12-time Trials Champion and Goodwood legend Dougie Lampkin. Motor racing legends from across the Pond will include double Daytona 500 winner and NASCAR stalwart Michael Waltrip and three-time Indy 500 victor Bobby Unser. The latest summary of the drivers and riders due to appear at the 2010 Festival of Speed, along with the vehicles they will be running up the challenging 1.16-mile Goodwood hillclimb, is below.

Champions from every era
Reigning Formula One World Champion Jenson Button will be in action up the famous Goodwood hillclimb, as will his McLaren team mate and 2008 World Champion Lewis Hamilton. Joining the McLaren drivers will be fellow 2010 season F1 competitors Mark Webber behind the wheel of his Red Bull, Nico Rosberg in action in his Mercedes, and Bruno Senna, driving his uncle Ayrton’s iconic McLaren MP4/8.

Past F1 champions and Grand Prix winners present at the Festival of Speed are set to include Emerson Fittipaldi, Sir Jackie Stewart, Mika Hakkinen, John Surtees, Sir Stirling Moss, Jochen Mass and Patrick Tambay. Joining these confirmed drivers at Goodwood will be a roll-call of other motor sport stars that reads like a who’s who of motor racing.

#10 BANZAI

BANZAI

• 100 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 18:08

Hi - Any idea "Who is driving what?" at the Festival of Speed and at the Revival this year. I cannot find the answer on the new goodwood-website. Who can help, please? Thanks Alfred :wave:

Is there info more info available on the driver line up ie. after the M's ?

I've emailed Goodwood for any relevent details via their website but as one would expect no response, one wonders why they bother to employ people to ignore prospective customers ............

One that note the new crap website gives no detailed info on the driver line up that has been posted so far, where did that originate from ?

Looking forward to anyone on the inside who can direct me to the relevant information

Many thanks in anticipation

#11 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:31

Not long to go now :)
Is Ted and his stand going to be there?

#12 Stoatspeed

Stoatspeed

• 235 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 13:26

Planning to make my first-ever visit to FoS on the Friday - I am traveling all the way from India to be there, so I hope the weather behaves!
Is there a traditional TNF gathering spot?

#13 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 13:44

Yes :) It's usually 1pm on the Friday at Ted's stand 'Ferret Fotographics'.
That's why I was asking if he was going to be there this year ( think he's at le Mans this weekend though)

#14 Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 1,432 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 18:06

Sorry chaps amnd chappesses!!!! Giving them both a miss this year and looking forward being at both as a spectator,we had hoped to debut the Lotus 30 in Sept but seemed to have failed to get an invitation which is a shame.

#15 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 20:20

Sorry to hear that you won't be showing at Goodwood this year, but many thanks for allowing us to use your stand as a meeting point each time, and for so many years :) I did get you into the team photo a few times :D

I'll suggest that we meet at the Cricket bar beer tent for 1pm on the Friday, and Ted, please be there...I'm sure there's loads of us that want to buy you a pint :)

#16 Pullman99

Pullman99

• 851 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 22:02

Sir Jackie Stewart was interviewed today by Martin Brundle prior to the Canadian GP and said that he would be driving Jim Clark's Indy winning Lotus 38 at The Goodwood Festival of Speed and was greatly looking forward to it. Yet another reason to be there.

#17 Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 1,432 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:06

For the Festival I think i will only be there for the Thursday ,as i will be off to our HSCC SUPERPRIX at Brands on the Friday. Superb entry with F1,F2 HGPCA, and all other HSCC races on the GP circuit.

#18 simon drabble

simon drabble

• 554 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:00

For the Festival I think i will only be there for the Thursday ,as i will be off to our HSCC SUPERPRIX at Brands on the Friday. Superb entry with F1,F2 HGPCA, and all other HSCC races on the GP circuit.

you and me also... hopefully my son's first race in my Merlyn if testing on Friday goes well

#19 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 13:30

For the Festival I think i will only be there for the Thursday ....

I'll be there Thurs-Sunday (working Sat/Sun) - if other TNFers are there on the Thurs we could have a lunchtime drink both days :)

Advertisement

#20 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 17:31

I've just had an e-mail from The Times/Sunday Times, cause for sudden panic attack! Their websites are pay only from today, no more free access. Does anyone know if they're likely to be doing their usual free FoS tickets, and if so how do we get them, surely they aren't going to force up to buy one of their newspapers?

Am I going to have to pay Lord March for my tickets this year?

#21 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 21:43

I've seen nothing this year - apart from invitations for me to pay for their online newspaper

Perhaps if I had, I'd have received a ticket offer

#22 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 22:29

I've seen nothing this year - apart from invitations for me to pay for their online newspaper

Perhaps if I had, I'd have received a ticket offer

Sadly not, I've just checked all of the new site, no mention anywhere of Goodwood FoS tickets. I can sense the smile on Lord March's face already, it's probably all a cunning plan to rid himself of TNF freeloaders.

#23 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:38

My understanding was that on 1 June the FoS offer was an on-line entry draw that closed yesterday at noon. If you took the free preview option then you could enter without paying the subscription price.

#24 Odseybod

Odseybod

• 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:22

Looks as though I'll be there on the Friday, poised for the traditional lunchtime gathering if that's still on?

#25 simon drabble

simon drabble

• 554 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:04

Sadly not, I've just checked all of the new site, no mention anywhere of Goodwood FoS tickets. I can sense the smile on Lord March's face already, it's probably all a cunning plan to rid himself of TNF freeloaders.

cant say I blame him...... it doesn;t make you less of a man to pay for your enjoyment!

#26 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:10

cant say I blame him...... it doesn;t make you less of a man to pay for your enjoyment!

What! You mean you've never heard of The Great Yorkshire Motto?

See all, 'ear all, say nowt.

Sup all, 'ate all, pay nowt.

And if tha ever does owt for nowt, allus do it for thissen.

Probably fewer cheapskate riff-raff around that beer tent at 1pm this year then...

#27 simon drabble

simon drabble

• 554 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 13:49

Hampshire motto:

being clever is trying to go free
being cheap is not going if you have to pay....

#28 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,704 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 19:09

Looks as though I'll be there on the Friday, poised for the traditional lunchtime gathering if that's still on?

Can anyone suggest a point to rendezvous?
In the absence of Ted Walker's stand I was thinking of Simon Lewis's bookstall, but it appears he too has been priced out.

#29 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 19:40

I'll suggest that we meet at the Cricket bar beer tent for 1pm on the Friday ...

I'm happy with Condor's suggestion. Alternatively, we could meet at the startline bar again, where the Friday TNF meet has happened for the last few years. Anyone got any preferences?

#30 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:43

Startline bar is good as we can watch a few cars while we wait for folk to turn up :)
You're quite right Tim , the meet has been at the Startline bar for the last few years - I think I've got it confused with old FoSs and/or the revival where it's the cricket pitch bar. :D

#31 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,704 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:57

OK then

The "Where?" is sorted - The Startline Bar.

That leaves the "When?" - not everyone is there or available on the Friday. Having turned up on the Saturday once and found nobody there, can I suggest 1pm on all three days and accept that not everyone will meet up at once.

#32 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 13:18

That's fine by me. I'll make my usual suggestion - congregate at the right-hand side of the bar as you approach it, ie on the left if you're standing inside looking out. I'll be there at 1pm on the Friday.

#33 Odseybod

Odseybod

• 1,803 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 13:22

That's fine by me. I'll make my usual suggestion - congregate at the right-hand side of the bar as you approach it, ie on the left if you're standing inside looking out. I'll be there at 1pm on the Friday.

Do my best to be ditto!

#34 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,323 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:12

Is anyone there on the Thursday?

#35 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:53

I am :) and Ted posted earlier that he was.
There's a PH meet planned for 2pm at the PH stand which I'll probably attend.

#36 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,323 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:16

Sorry, I must learn to read and digest. :blush:
Cool, I'll try and meet you guys there - would be good to finally meet Ted!!

#37 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 14:58

There's a PH meet planned at the PH stand

???
RL

#38 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 16:48

Sorry Roger

PH refers to the Pistonheads site, which Gregor and I are members of. It's predominantly a TVR car owners website....however other luxury sports cars and even everyday ones are welcomed :)

#39 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 17:09

Sorry Roger

PH refers to the Pistonheads site...

I was trying to relate it to cans of Stella, I'd assumed that the P stood for Piss, but was still trying to guess what the H might stand for.

So I wasn't all that far out then...

Advertisement

#40 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 17:13

Sorry Roger

PH refers to the Pistonheads site, which Gregor and I are members of. It's predominantly a TVR car owners website....however other luxury sports cars and even everyday ones are welcomed :)

They assemble every year at the 'Eastenders' warehouse in Calais where they load up for Le Mans, or so it appeared. :drunk:

#41 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 17:33

I was trying to relate it to cans of Stella, I'd assumed that the P stood for Piss, but was still trying to guess what the H might stand for.

So I wasn't all that far out then...

No you were'nt :p

...were you the tee-totaller that didn't clap at the winners ?

#42 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 19:42

Sorry Roger

It's predominantly a TVR car owners website....

In which case is there anyone who might be able to tell me if their recent past Chairman .... Lacey is the son of Clive Lacey of early '60s racing renown.? If so can you put them in touch with me pls?
RL

#43 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,323 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:52

There's quite a few TNF posters who are members on PH (which is Haymarket-owned and the largest motoring forum in the country) but they don't admit to it.  ;)  ;)

#44 Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 1,432 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:56

So just to recap!!!! Where is the meeting on THURSDAY I sugest it to be at my pal JARROTTS stand at Midday >

#45 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,322 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 14:50

I've just had it confirmed that I will be going on the Thursday, and will for part of the day be manning the Infineon stand in one of the marquees.

#46 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:13

I'm off to Goodwood today :) So hope to see you all there :)

#47 rwills

rwills

• 125 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 18:53

I am flying in tomorrow.

I won't be able to come to the TNF gathering but would appreciate if any TNF members have time to come and say hi.

We are in the F1 paddock with the Williams Wolf FW05 (ex Jacky Ickx) and the Tyrrell P34 6 wheeler (ex Depailler).

I also have an ex-works Mini there on the rally stage that Paddy Hopkirk is down to drive - EBL56C.

Please come and say hi.

Roger

#48 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 19:46

Busy few days ahead but normally always happy to talk - do say hello - part of the time with Bonhams auction, part with Ferrari 375MM Berlinetta - No 375 - in the Cathedral Paddock...but generally fizzing around like a blue-tailed wossname...

DCN

#49 Pullman99

Pullman99

• 851 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:35

The "Where?" is sorted - The Startline Bar.That leaves the "When?" - not everyone is there or available on the Friday. Having turned up on the Saturday once and found nobody there, can I suggest 1pm on all three days and accept that not everyone will meet up at once.

This seems sensible (what, on TNF?). I'll just be going on Saturday 3rd. Would be happy to call by the Startline Bar at 1300 as suggested.

#50 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,323 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:38

I was there yesterday - the weather was lovely and the lack of crowds everywhere (other than the Moving Motor Show!!) was great, you could actually see and photo some cars for a change!!
I had a fast passenger ride in the new Porsche Cayenne Hybrid (brilliant car and the driver gave it some - really planted for an SUV) and also an Audi R8 (brilliant in a different way!!) but I must say that the accident that happened with the Honda was just a matter of time - there were people everywhere in the Motor Show. It was like a motor racing pitlane with the normal amount of people at the FoS, just wandering around paying no attention to the cars, was crazy!! I hope all involved are okay though.
Also, I think Porsche and BMW had the right idea of only having professional drivers for the really quick cars and I think there should be a change of having fast and slow cars out at the same times but the whole idea was very good and I hope it happens again next year.
Was it just me or does the Alfa statue look like the playboy bunny ears from most angles??

Edited by Gregor Marshall, 02 July 2010 - 08:53.