Photo

Team Wisharts - Gordon Spice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TurboBullit

TurboBullit

• 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 21:56

As a new member I am unsure where to start? Could you help or advise with the following enquiry, please?

I am sourcing information, memories etc. relating to the early 70's period, when Gordon Spice was driving for Team Wisharts. of Crook, Co Durham.

My particular interest concerns a Broadspeed TurboBullit Capri, that was owned by Wisharts, and I believe used by Gordon Spice, as his personal transport to and from various circuits, where he was competing.

Can anyone confirm this understanding, and add any relevant information?

The TurboBullit Capri in question was based on a Mk1 facelift GXL Capri in Copper Brown/Gold with the registration mark PMF 492L.

Advertisement

#2 john winfield

john winfield

• 5,641 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 23:26

As a new member I am unsure where to start? Could you help or advise with the following enquiry, please?

I am sourcing information, memories etc. relating to the early 70's period, when Gordon Spice was driving for Team Wisharts. of Crook, Co Durham.

My particular interest concerns a Broadspeed TurboBullit Capri, that was owned by Wisharts, and I believe used by Gordon Spice, as his personal transport to and from various circuits, where he was competing.

Can anyone confirm this understanding, and add any relevant information?

The TurboBullit Capri in question was based on a Mk1 facelift GXL Capri in Copper Brown/Gold with the registration mark PMF 492L.

Hello TurboB and welcome to TNF. Sorry, can't help you with the Capri details; I remember the Wisharts race cars, and I've checked the autobiography, but no joy I'm afraid. I wouldn't be surprised though if someone from this thread...

http://forums.autosp...w...14&hl=spice

...comes along in a while with some information.

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:03

I don't remember a Capri when I worked for GS (from 1976). He always had a silver Porsche 911 in those days.

#4 petestenning

petestenning

• 746 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 17:08

I do remember in the early days of Production saloons there was a Wisharts Bullit Capri on the track , obviously a non turbo version, i seem to remember a few Capris at that time along with Roger Bell's first BMW. This may have been in the Britax days or before . Phil Dowsett had another Capri at that time if memorie is correct.

Pete

#5 hansfohr

hansfohr

• 574 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:55

This is a roadgoing Ford Capri 3000XLS Broadspeed TurboBullit which was registered to Wishart Garages in 1973! The livery matches, but its licenseplate doesn't. So probably Wishart ordered two of these very rare cars.

Posted Image

BTW Gordon shared a Ford Capri 3000XLS (non-turbo of course) with John Hine in the 1973 Spa 24H.

Edited by hansfohr, 25 March 2010 - 15:16.

#6 TDL

TDL

• 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 14:31

Hello,

Gordon drove 911’s. The car you’re talking about belonged to Keith Broad of Broadspeed and was bought by Stanley Anthony Robinson (Stan) who owned and ran Wisharts Racing and the garage at Crook.

I knew the car well and drove it many times. It’s Registration number was KPV6. Stan would have had it 6-8months before selling it on.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

#7 RS250

RS250

• 111 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 19:42

Keith Broad or Ralph Broad of Broadspeed?