Photo

WSC 1970 undrivable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dick

dick

• 724 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 18:29

I just installed this mod for rfactor and the understeer is so bad that it make the sim almost undrivable. Am I missing something. I realize the brakes and grip level back then was not the best, but no matter how slow I try to take a corner the car just wants to go straight.

Advertisement

#2 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 18:32

I just installed this mod for rfactor and the understeer is so bad that it make the sim almost undrivable. Am I missing something. I realize the brakes and grip level back then was not the best, but no matter how slow I try to take a corner the car just wants to go straight.

Yeah, that's hard. My tip: put more bias to the frontbrakes. And practice in trailbraking. That means: breaking and steering at the same time, or: to use the sliding of the rear in the corner as a means of slowing the car down. Straightline braking in this mod will leave you either: deadlast. Or in the fence.

Don't be too overoptimistic about the brakes, by the way. If you watch the AI drive the Porsche 917 on the straight of Mulsanne at Le Mans, you see that they brake BEFORE the hump directly before the chicane.

Good luck mate

#3 DonOctavioDelFlores

DonOctavioDelFlores

• 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 14:26

The car wants to go straight cause the front wheels are locking right?

1 ) Put the brae bias to the rear
2 ) reduce brake pressure

That sould help, but keep in mind that you cannot slam the brakes in these cars, it must be gradual.

#4 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,120 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 15:16

Also, what sim have you been driving mostly before trying the mod? Something with a different weight distribution and more grip? Rather than blame the mod take a few days to get used it and you might enjoy it more. I hated the skip barber first time I drove it in iRacing for being so indirect but once I found the envelope so to speak I had great fun.