Photo

Rosberg and Schumacher scorecard 2011

• Please log in to reply
4876 replies to this topic

#1 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:03

"2011 will be Michael's year - he has now everything he needs" or "2011 is the last chance for Michael to reassert himself - if he can´t get it going this year, he won't be long in the sport." - which will turn out to be true?
A definite make or break year for Michael and I do wish him to win at least one GP. Over the whole season, will it be Rosberg again?

Nico changed his style totally - from his Britney style hair to short hair and 3-day-beard - he explains that this reflects the new Rosberg, who is there to establish himself in the top echelon of drivers in the sport for good. Also he stubbornly says that "I will keep my short hair hence!" - to him this style change marks his final assault at the WDC.

http://www.auto-moto...h--3327247.html

While he looks like a dressman now, Nico is positive that the way he looks now will be his champion's outfit. In the interview on AMuS Rosberg also refutes Alonso's claim, that Michael will be his most dangerous opponent in 2011. "Why not name a Red Bull?" is Nico's opinion - no wonder it drives Nico mad to hear such statements like Fernando's.

So let's roll on the shootout between the two - the tests start on February 1st. Michael did well on the Pirellis in November. Nico claims that the true distribution of powers will only be visible come the grid in Bahrain.

Edited by aditya-now, 24 January 2011 - 04:13.

Advertisement

#2 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:59

You seem to be more obsessed with schumacher than any of his fans. Why is that?

I don't think nico is angry about what alonso said. Nico hasn't even won a race for christs sake. So why would he be angry
Sorry but it will take more than a haircut to be wdc

Edited by Raelene, 24 January 2011 - 08:05.

#3 TheMortalBard

TheMortalBard

• 98 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:46

I expected this thread to start sometime soon but didn't expect 'aditya-now' to start it ! :p

Something to get it started

http://www.motorspor...p...98289&FS=F1

I am unable to open the link 'aditya-now' referred to in his first post. My 3G network is acting up. Hope my link isn't a repetition. If yes, sorry about that.

Edited by TheMortalBard, 24 January 2011 - 09:53.

#4 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:15

I expected this thread to start sometime soon but didn't expect 'aditya-now' to start it ! :p

Something to get it started

http://www.motorspor...p...98289&FS=F1

I am unable to open the link 'aditya-now' referred to in his first post. My 3G network is acting up. Hope my link isn't a repetition. If yes, sorry about that.

MortalBard, thanks for the link, I was looking for an English translation to the AMuS article and could not find it - this is it, for the benefit of all those here who don´t speak German. It does not contain all the parts of the AMuS interview, though, but all the major themes.

Concerning me starting this thread - I have an inkling that Michael will be at it again - some of the latter races in 2010 gave already that indication. So it all depends on the car. Also interesting that Nico gave himself such a drastic image change to psyche himself up - or was he simply fed up with the Britney stuff? :smoking:

#5 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:20

I think last years battle was closer than the points made out.

I am a huge Nico fan and hope he can finally shush some of his critics. I think he's a superstar without the car but I hope the guys at Merc can change that. With Michael i think what we have is an explosive lineup. Theres no denying that the champ was a different racer in the latter part of the season. If he can continue that and Mercedes do build a good car, then we are in for a treat!

Im no fan of Schumacher but have a great deal of respect for him. It would be amazing if he could challenge for wins.

#6 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:37

Hail Schumacher, he will deliver for us this year

#7 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,342 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:58

I don't rate Rosberg quite as highly as some on here do, but I'd be very surprised if Schumacher beat him this year. They have similar driving styles, so IF the Pirelli's help Schumacher (I don't think it is a given to be honest), they'll help Rosberg as well.

#8 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,824 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:06

What's the deal with Nico's knee? It stopped him from doing a half Ironman triathlon this weekend. Did he have surgery?

#9 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,153 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:11

Hail Schumacher, he will deliver for us this year

No he won't! Well it depends on what you mean by deliver...

Edited by Smile17, 24 January 2011 - 12:12.

#10 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,342 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 17:41

If Rosberg loses, his career as a top driver is all but finished. If Schumacher loses, his career is finished.

#11 ktsayshi

ktsayshi

• 1,094 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 17:55

If Rosberg loses, his career as a top driver is all but finished. If Schumacher loses, his career is finished.

People said that last year, too.

#12 Collective

Collective

• 1,524 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 17:55

Rosberg starts the scorecard 100 pts ahead based on his new Di Caprio look. This advantage will likely grow if Schumacher shows up at Bahrein with a ridiculous outfit, which is extremely likely.

#13 barni

barni

• 181 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 20:17

last year i was sure that even 41 ms would be too tough nut for nico, but i was wrong.
nico is decisively better than i thought he was, but i`m afraid this year he`s going to drive against his team`s policy, because ms is the one who can increase merc cars selling numbers.

#14 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 20:34

Rosberg starts the scorecard 100 pts ahead based on his new Di Caprio look. This advantage will likely grow if Schumacher shows up at Bahrein with a ridiculous outfit, which is extremely likely.

some shots of schumacher after his family holiday in jamaica
Posted Image

#15 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:00

some shots of schumacher after his family holiday in jamaica
Posted Image

Good one. This is more likely. :rotfl: He even don't need helmet.

Edited by ivand911, 24 January 2011 - 21:01.

#16 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:03

So that was the reason for his image change - I thought so already. Nico was just looking for his competitive advantage... ;)

#17 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,342 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:22

Not really, because the idea of Schumacher doing quite so badly was unfathomable as it was unprecedented.

So that was the reason for his image change - I thought so already. Nico was just looking for his competitive advantage...;)

I think it was probably more due to him being called "Britney" all of the time. Even Jenson did over Twitter last week. Unless Britney decides to grow a beard (you never know with her), then it looks like that association is over.

Edited by Disgrace, 24 January 2011 - 21:23.

#18 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:24

last year i was sure that even 41 ms would be too tough nut for nico, but i was wrong.
nico is decisively better than i thought he was, but i`m afraid this year he`s going to drive against his team`s policy, because ms is the one who can increase merc cars selling numbers.

if that was the case, you will need to explain why Rosberg beat MS last year then? And why di dMS have strategies later in the year that helped Rosberg? If they wanted to sell mor Merc cars by using MS - they would have let the fairytale happen - MS coming back and beating his younger teammate first year back-
"

#19 Group B

Group B

• 14,507 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:27

if that was the case, you will need to explain why Rosberg beat MS last year then? And why di dMS have strategies later in the year that helped Rosberg? If they wanted to sell mor Merc cars by using MS - they would have let the fairytale happen - MS coming back and beating his younger teammate first year back-
"

Indeed. I don't see Merc favouring either as policy.

Advertisement

#20 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 00:22

For a guy who who is now entering his 6th year in F1 and won absolutely nothing, Rosberg sure gets a lot of hype.

He didn't blow Schumacher away as people make out.

After the first four races there was a 40 point gap. Over the next 15 races that gap grew by another 30 points; averaging 2 points per race.

People also forget

Schumacher also had more non points finishes
More penalties; deserved or not
More retirements
More dubious strategy calls

He was also the equal of Rosberg in the last 4 races too.

There are trends here that are being overlooked. Rosberg hinself realises what a fierce competitor Schumacher is. Dont write him off just yet.

#21 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 00:29

For a guy who who is now entering his 6th year in F1 and won absolutely nothing, Rosberg sure gets a lot of hype.
He didn't blow Schumacher away as people make out.

After the first four races there was a 40 point gap. Over the next 15 races that gap grew by another 30 points; averaging 2 points per race.

People also forget

Schumacher also had more non points finishes
More penalties; deserved or not
More retirements
More dubious strategy calls

He was also the equal of Rosberg in the last 4 races too.

There are trends here that are being overlooked. Rosberg hinself realises what a fierce competitor Schumacher is. Dont write him off just yet.

The rest of the post is OK for me but Rosberg´s hype is totally deserved, and has little to do with beating Michael Shumacher in 2010 championship.

#22 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:42

The rest of the post is OK for me but Rosberg´s hype is totally deserved, and has little to do with beating Michael Shumacher in 2010 championship.

I hope you are right and that he doesnt turn out to be another Fisichella et al; looks great in a mid field car but doesn't have the edge to compete at the very sharp end.

I'm not hating here but if he was a great driver (Alonso, Hamilton etc) he would have shown something brilliant now apart from beating an old Schumacher who - realistically speaking - was very close to him in terms of pace for the most part.

#23 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,824 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:00

The problem with Rosberg that we just don't have a reliable measuring stick to see how good he is. We have his year with Webber at Williams where he looked okay for a newbie but was generally outperformed by his more experienced teammate.

Schumacher is just a big question mark for rating Nico. What percentage of his former self is the 41 year old? In a way we'd learn a lot more about Rosberg had he been teamed up with Heidfeld (who I think would have been better than Schumi last year too).

Edited by tkulla, 25 January 2011 - 02:01.

#24 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:26

What percentage of his former self is the 41 year old?

Michael is already 42 years old, born on 3 January 1969.

#25 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 12,219 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:40

michael can finish his career whenever he wants
he can't lose anything actually

#26 baddog

baddog

• 29,736 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:48

"Nico changed his style totally - from his Britney style hair to short hair and 3-day-beard - he explains that this reflects the new Rosberg, who is there to establish himself in the top echelon of drivers in the sport for good. "

Did he really say anything that stupid? Surely not. He always seemed to sensible for that.

Anyway.. Anyone making predictions about this year at merc is a looney. Will be fun finding out though, that much is evident.

#27 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,462 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:14

Having admittedly not watched a lot of the races with MSC in, i must state that i think this year Rosberg will beat him. While he may have had mechanical problems, and let Nico through on two occasions. There Nico actually got podiums,
and maybe a win in Korea if Webber had not spun off like a pinball. He works hard and is always consistent. the best thing is he seems to be so underrated but i think he is better then Kubica.
MSC is still trying to get back into the game, and while there is no doubt that there will be a marked improvement, and tyres that better suit him, atm I can not see him beating nico.

#28 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:17

"Nico changed his style totally - from his Britney style hair to short hair and 3-day-beard - he explains that this reflects the new Rosberg, who is there to establish himself in the top echelon of drivers in the sport for good. "

Did he really say anything that stupid? Surely not. He always seemed to sensible for that.

Anyway.. Anyone making predictions about this year at merc is a looney. Will be fun finding out though, that much is evident.

You are right, baddog. Should not be posting when I am lying in the bed with 40 degrees celsius fever - it surprises me personally how I mixed up things there. My excuses for that. So here is Nico´s own words concerning his style change:

Auf den Look des neuen Silberpfeils muss man noch warten - Sie selbst kommen mit neuem Kurzhaarschnitt und markantem Drei-Tage-Bart neuerdings daher. Woher kommt die Typveränderung?
Rosberg: Ich wollte immer schon mal kurze Haare haben. Es ist nervig mit langen Haaren, bis man das mal richtig hinkriegt, wie man es haben will. Es ist immer so, wenn man eine große Veränderung machen will, dann braucht man erstmal Überwindung. Jetzt bin ich aber froh. Ich bleib bei kurzen Haaren.

Nic: I always wanted to have short hair. It is tedious with long hair, till you have that properly, as you like to have it. It is always like this, if one wants to do a big change, you first need to overcome yourself. But now I am happy. I stay with my short hair.

So I obviously surmised from his "if one wants to do a big change" as symbolical not only for his hair style, but his career as well.

#29 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:12

You are right, baddog. Should not be posting when I am lying in the bed with 40 degrees celsius fever - it surprises me personally how I mixed up things there. My excuses for that. So here is Nico´s own words concerning his style change:

Auf den Look des neuen Silberpfeils muss man noch warten - Sie selbst kommen mit neuem Kurzhaarschnitt und markantem Drei-Tage-Bart neuerdings daher. Woher kommt die Typveränderung?
Rosberg: Ich wollte immer schon mal kurze Haare haben. Es ist nervig mit langen Haaren, bis man das mal richtig hinkriegt, wie man es haben will. Es ist immer so, wenn man eine große Veränderung machen will, dann braucht man erstmal Überwindung. Jetzt bin ich aber froh. Ich bleib bei kurzen Haaren.

Nic: I always wanted to have short hair. It is tedious with long hair, till you have that properly, as you like to have it. It is always like this, if one wants to do a big change, you first need to overcome yourself. But now I am happy. I stay with my short hair.

So I obviously surmised from his "if one wants to do a big change" as symbolical not only for his hair style, but his career as well.

What a ****ing spastic. You're a grown man, nobody is forcing you to have long hair. The person above is spot on when he said he was probably tired of being called Barbie. Is he really that self conscious? Mean while the guy next to him wears the most daft outfits in the world yet could give two ****s what anybody thinks.

#30 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:45

michael can finish his career whenever he wants

Or if Merc gets finally fed up on his subpar performances.

he can't lose anything actually

He lost last year already.

#31 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,462 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:49

What a ****ing spastic. You're a grown man, nobody is forcing you to have long hair. The person above is spot on when he said he was probably tired of being called Barbie. Is he really that self conscious? Mean while the guy next to him wears the most daft outfits in the world yet could give two ****s what anybody thinks.

What are you talking about?

I can fully sympathise with Nico, a couple of years ago i had long year, and like him i cut it. If you're trying to become something different or more, it usually starts with changing your appearence, to match an image about what you are want or hope to become. This haircut means that he is serious about this season, that he wants something to be different, and this can only be a good thing in regards to the championship.
Who cares if he is self-conscious, all human beings are pack animals meaning that we are genetically predisposed to care what other people think, especially in terms of our appearence (sexual selection). That some people are able not to care what people think ( or give that illusion) is brilliant, but caring does not make you a ****ing spastic, especially when you are in the public eye as much as he is, and where his appearence is probably scutinised extensively.

#32 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:50

My prediction for 2011: Rosberg will trash MS at least as badly as last year. MS is one year older and declining in physical performance even more while Rosberg is hitting his peak years. At the end of the season MS will be fired but they will masquerade it as being MS's own decision to save faces of all concerned and keep the public in Germany happy buying Mercedes cars.

#33 tormave

tormave

• 1,627 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 13:11

I think Rosberg will continue to have the advantage in qualifying. Schumacher's chance of beating him depends on how many cars are in the gap between them in the grid and whether passing will indeed be easier this year during races.

Overall I have Nico finishing ahead, but not by such a long way as last season.

#34 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 15:18

My prediction for 2011: Rosberg will trash MS at least as badly as last year. MS is one year older and declining in physical performance even more while Rosberg is hitting his peak years. At the end of the season MS will be fired but they will masquerade it as being MS's own decision to save faces of all concerned and keep the public in Germany happy buying Mercedes cars.

I bet you leave this forum before Schumacher retires.

Infact you will do exactly what the poster 'man' did around Suzuka time.

#35 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 17:57

John Rambo ...

First , your ''John Rambo'' name is really kick-ass ... Im a huge fan of First Blood (1982) , Rambo is an iconic figure ... Stallone deserved an oscar nomination for his performance in First Blood , his last scene when he makes his speech to Trautman was A-Class ... what a performance ...

But like John Rambo said : '' NOTHING IS OVER ! You just don't turn it off ! ''

and that line could be said to Schumacher as well .NOTHING IS OVER ....

Pitty that you have great taste in movies but when it comes to Schumacher , you pretty much suck ....

I would like to see Fernando Alonso or Vettel race F1 cars when they will be 42 years old , buddy ....

What Schumacher is doing now , takes nothing away of his past ... He's not in his prime- any more , so how can 1 like you be so criticial about the guy ....?

He's still competetive at his age , and if there is one human-being on this earth that can still make a surprise in 2011 it well could be Schumacher .... I hope he does so - becuase : '' NOTHING IS OVER '' :up:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 25 January 2011 - 19:35.

#36 SEP

SEP

• 148 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 18:46

John Rambo ...

First , your ''John Rambo'' name is really kick-ass ... Im a huge fan of First Blood (1982) , Rambo is an iconic figure ... Stallone deserved on oscar nomination for his performance in First Blood , his last scene when he makes his speech to Trautman was A-Class ... what a performance ...

But like John Rambo said : '' NOTHING IS OVER ! You just don't turn it off ! ''

and that line could be said to Schumacher as well .NOTHING IS OVER ....

Pitty that you have great taste in movies but when it comes Schumacher , you pretty much suck ....

I would like to see Fernando Alonso or Vettel race F1 cars when they will be 42 years old , buddy ....

What Schumacher is doing now , takes nothing away of his past ... He's not in his prime- any more , so how can 1 like you be so criticial about the guy ....?

He's still competetive at his age , and if there is one human-being on this earth that can still make a surprise in 2011 it well could be Schumacher .... I hope he does so - becuase : '' NOTHING IS OVER '' :up:

Rubens is driving better than ever. How old is RB? 39 or 40?

#37 Group B

Group B

• 14,507 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 18:57

Rubens is driving better than ever. How old is RB? 39 or 40?

Firstly, it's highly debatable whether he's 'driving better than ever', and secondly different people decline at different ages; only a certified moron would claim MS 2010 was as good at MS 2000.

#38 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 7,054 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 19:19

Firstly, it's highly debatable whether he's 'driving better than ever', and secondly different people decline at different ages; only a certified moron would claim MS 2010 was as good at MS 2000.

its not really debatable. He is just as good as he was. Point is, that is not saying too much. He was never that good.

#39 Scotracer

Scotracer
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,771 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 19:44

its not really debatable. He is just as good as he was. Point is, that is not saying too much. He was never that good.

:rotfl:

Advertisement

#40 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 21:05

And not only Michael is different from MS 2000 to MS 2010. His car level of 2010 is much different from 2000 car level. You can't compare Ferrari 2000 with MGP 2010. For me 2010, win for Michael more new supporters than he lose anything from his legend. A lot of people who were never his fans want him to do well. I see this here and in other forums and commentaries. So 2011 for Michael will be better in every way.

Edited by ivand911, 25 January 2011 - 21:10.

#41 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,956 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 21:21

I bet you leave this forum before Schumacher retires.

Infact you will do exactly what the poster 'man' did around Suzuka time.

And I bet you continue to wax on about the gap being not that great between the two....

Petrov was expected to be 0.3+ slower than Kubica in his first year. Michael's gap was generally this each weekend but at times was more like a whole second - greater than is acceptable. His fantastic career record is all that saved him from being quietly moved into management of some sort. Certainly there was an upward spike in Michael's pace near the end of 2010 but nothing to get terribly excited about.

The usual optimistic fan talk is liberally sprayed with stated or implied downgrading of his teammate's performance. Doesn't really help answer why Michael was very ordinary in his comeback year. Oh well 2011 is another year and we'll have to wait and see but I think Michael may close the gap a little. :lol:

#42 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:04

And I bet you continue to wax on about the gap being not that great between the two....

Petrov was expected to be 0.3+ slower than Kubica in his first year. Michael's gap was generally this each weekend but at times was more like a whole second - greater than is acceptable. His fantastic career record is all that saved him from being quietly moved into management of some sort. Certainly there was an upward spike in Michael's pace near the end of 2010 but nothing to get terribly excited about.

The usual optimistic fan talk is liberally sprayed with stated or implied downgrading of his teammate's performance. Doesn't really help answer why Michael was very ordinary in his comeback year. Oh well 2011 is another year and we'll have to wait and see but I think Michael may close the gap a little. :lol:

When the great Rosberg wins a race we'll start discussing his All Time Great status in the sport :up:

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 26 January 2011 - 01:06.

#43 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,147 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:33

When the great Rosberg wins a race we'll start discussing his All Time Great status in the sport :up:

Just wait and see mate, jjejejeje

#44 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:30

Yes, we wait and we will see. Vettel beat Webber some times with 0,8 in Qualy, so what? Did they fire Webber? Or Massa? I guess their average career record save their asses. Michael finish one place in WDC 2010 behind his team mate, like Webber. Massa finished 3 places behind Alonso.

Edited by ivand911, 26 January 2011 - 10:38.

#45 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:23

In which statistic? Average start positions - Nico 7th 7,37, Michael 10th 9,95.

#46 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:39

In which statistic? Average start positions - Nico 7th 7,37, Michael 10th 9,95.

WDC end statistic.

#47 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,147 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:08

WDC end statistic.

Can you bring all the stats between Nico and Michael? Like points, podium finished, fastest laps, etc, because if you want to talk about numbers and stats, at least you must be fair. No matter what you think, Rosberg was better than Michael all season long.

#48 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:15

Can you bring all the stats between Nico and Michael? Like points, podium finished, fastest laps, etc, because if you want to talk about numbers and stats, at least you must be fair. No matter what you think, Rosberg was better than Michael all season long.

I love stats. Here they are (from f1.com):

Nico Rosberg
Podiums 5 
Points 217.5 
Grand Prix entered 89  
World Championships 0 
Highest race finish 2 (x1) 
Highest grid position 2 (x1)

Michael Schumacher
Podiums 154 
Points 1441 
Grand Prix entered 269  
World Championships 7 
Highest race finish 1 (x91) 
Highest grid position 1 (x68)

#49 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:06

Fast corners no problem
Slow corners a problem

As Brawn said early in 2010 "it's strange where he's losing time."

If he was slow in the fast corners at Spa/Suzuka/Spain/Turkey, which he wasn't, then there would of been a worry. infact faster then Rosberg there, and we know his F duct wasn't working consistently at Spa and Suzuka as well, there were all sort of car issues, his car was damaged going into China as well-chassic wise, MS had alot of weird issues in 2010 that wouldn't of happened I think had Brawn not spent so much securing their 2009 title, strange strategy calls and losing Monaco points where the whole world stuck up for him there, there were very basic issues where MS lost points, he still would of lost to rosberg overall, but it would of been a more respectable points tally in 2010, but he would of lost out still to rosberg on some tracks as MS's tyre knowlege and slow corner speed in relation to these tyres/cars was the main issue, if he and the team can get a grip on that, he'll be consistently a threat, if he's close to rosberg and without all the issues I've menstioned, he'll still have a better season then 2010, but I know he'll be aiming to be not just best in his team, but best of them all, he'll aim high, he aimed high in 2010, but the challenges were too much in 1 year then he could of forseen, just like Martin Brundle mensitoned recently, he raised the bar too high for himself in 2010, and we would always expect more from MS anyway, because of what's he's done and is for the sport.

Edited by SeanValen, 26 January 2011 - 12:08.

#50 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,282 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:27

WDC end statistic.

Nico 7th 142 pts
Michael 9th 72 pts

2 places behind. ~1/2 the points.

Edit: Oh and Webber was also 2 places behind Vettel and Massa 4 behind Alonso.

Edited by PayasYouRace, 26 January 2011 - 12:30.