Photo

Drugs and weapons found in Alexander Petrov's comapny

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 sultanofhyd

sultanofhyd

• 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 14:30

Renault 's Russian F1 driver Vitaly Petrov, the father has had serious problems with the authorities in his country.

Alexander Petrov, the company was owned by MTV3's data, last week's roundup of Vyborg. Search procedure found a significant amount of drugs and weapons.

Russian authorities confirm case of MTV3's Moscow correspondent, Mirja Sipiselle.

Vitaly Petrov is the first ever Russian Formula One driver.

http://www.mtv3.fi/u...2011/03/1282396

I don't know if this is the right place, but possibly it could have implications on Vitaly's sponsors. Last year I read his father had promised Renault to pay some money, so maybe his seat could be under threat.

Edited by sultanofhyd, 01 March 2011 - 14:30.

Advertisement

#2 MasterM

MasterM

• 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 14:45

I assure you, this is not the first appearance of such kind of information about Alexander Petrov. His often associated with criminal kings of Vyborg, although he was never convicted. On his "account" just the unproven charges of extortion.

I think the information MTV3 will not affect your career and sponsors Vitaly Petrov ;)

#3 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 15:09

Renault 's Russian F1 driver Vitaly Petrov, the father has had serious problems with the authorities in his country.

Alexander Petrov, the company was owned by MTV3's data, last week's roundup of Vyborg. Search procedure found a significant amount of drugs and weapons.

Russian authorities confirm case of MTV3's Moscow correspondent, Mirja Sipiselle.

Vitaly Petrov is the first ever Russian Formula One driver.

http://www.mtv3.fi/u...2011/03/1282396

I don't know if this is the right place, but possibly it could have implications on Vitaly's sponsors. Last year I read his father had promised Renault to pay some money, so maybe his seat could be under threat.

I wonder where mtv3.fi did get this info. from ? If it´s true I don´t think Vitaly have to be worried.

The drugs and weapons can belong to someone else, doesn´t have to be Alexander Petrovs.
can be a trap, if A. Petrov has problems with with the authorities in his country.

#4 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,516 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 15:22

I wonder where mtv3.fi did get this info. from ? If it´s true I don´t think Vitaly have to be worried.

The drugs and weapons can belong to someone else, doesn´t have to be Alexander Petrovs.
can be a trap, if A. Petrov has problems with with the authorities in his country.

Surely 'having problems with the authorities' in Russia is a more grave problem than actual wrongdoing? ;)

#5 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 15:23

... Hardly. Don"t believe it at all that Alexander Petrov is not guilty... sorry guys.

#6 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,250 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 15:31

Drugs and weapons in Russia? No frickin' way.

#7 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 16:02

Before the discussion goes any further, can I just remind everyone that the rules of the forum specifically prohibit defamatory statements, so please be careful to ensure that you appropriately caveat your statements.

#8 metz

metz

• 15,857 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 16:02

The problem will be the perception or the optics of it all.
Alex Petrov strongarmed and convinced several partner to join the sponsorship of his son.
One of these is the Russian Government.
As soon as this thing starts to smell bad, watch these partners desert the cause.
That could prove difficult for Renault.
Would Renault themselved feel compfortable with this association?
I imagine shipyards can be a rough place and there may be call for such arms.
If that's the case. All is good.

#9 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 16:16

:lol:

Edited by Lotusseven, 01 March 2011 - 16:19.

#10 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 2,823 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 17:37

Surely 'having problems with the authorities' in Russia is a more grave problem than actual wrongdoing?;)

Indeed - as Mikhail Khodorkovsky discovered, the first can rapidly lead to being found guilty of the second. Once reputed to be the richest man in Russia, he is now serving 14 years in prison camp number 13 in Krasnokamensk, Siberia. Perhaps the drugs and weapons weren't there until the search team came looking for them.

#11 jals99

jals99

• 1,061 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 18:01

There is nothing about it in Russian media. Also, today in Geneva Vitaly looked relaxed and happy. Hard to believe, that his father, whom he love very much is in danger. I think, MTV3 messed things up a bit. May be drugs were found in Vyborg shipyards, but Petrov-snr is not a direktor there, just one of shareholders, so it is not a direct connection.

#12 jals99

jals99

• 1,061 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 18:11

This year, russian sponsors have no influence on Vitalys father - they are Lada (Russian Technologies), Vodka Flagman (Bank of Moscow), Sibur and Rover. Another sponsor may appear on R31 very soon.

#13 bogi

bogi

• 4,105 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 18:16

:lol:

he is not russian :p

#14 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,501 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 18:22

Welcome to post-communist society. For more, please visit China.

#15 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 19:26

Welcome to post-communist society. For more, please visit China.

Tell that to Ecclestone.
China is post-communist now? Tell us more.

#16 jals99

jals99

• 1,061 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 20:44

Just found an article about it in Russian media, dated February 24
http://www.mr7.ru/ne...tory_39437.html
It was part of criminal case of drug trafficking in the city of Vyborg.
During case it was withdrawn a large quantity of cannabis and amphetamine as well as TT pistol and bleed shotgun. Five men were prosecuted. Nothing is said about Petrov-snr, but by all logic it should be clear, that he couldn't be part of such stupid things. He has enough money to live without selling amphetamine :)
So, it is almost clear, that it is pure BS by MTV3. I hope, that Petrov's side will sue them.

May be they saw in the list of accused surname of Petrov's namesake and tried to make a sensation. Or may be some worker from Vyborg shypyards, but in any case, it can't be connected with Alexandr Petrov.

Edited by jals99, 01 March 2011 - 20:54.

#17 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 20:58

Tell that to Ecclestone.

People assume since the country is doing so much better it must be due to democracy, freedom and handguns.

#18 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 21:01

there was a hushed incident about drug smuggling in f1 in the 1980s.

And then there is Red Bull...

#19 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 21:04

there was a hushed incident about drug smuggling in f1 in the 1980s.

And then there is Red Bull...

I loved it when that bit of (negative) publicity came out about Red Bull Cola. You'd only need to consume 12,000 litres in one go for it to have negative effect!

Advertisement

#20 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 21:25

Last year I read his father had promised Renault to pay some money, so maybe his seat could be under threat.

That money was paid in the form of the Vyborg Shipyards sponsorship. Nothing is owed. According to Petrov's manager, he has no financial obligation to the team this year or next. However, he does bring sponsors regardless, and those sponsors are owned by the Russian government. Alexander Petrov does not sponsor the team anymore.

#21 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 21:46

Indeed - as Mikhail Khodorkovsky discovered, the first can rapidly lead to being found guilty of the second. Once reputed to be the richest man in Russia, he is now serving 14 years in prison camp number 13 in Krasnokamensk, Siberia. Perhaps the drugs and weapons weren't there until the search team came looking for them.

The difference between Khodorkosky and Petrov is that Khodorkovsky was campaigning for political reform in Russia. A lot of his supporters believe that Putin went after him to silence him, largely because his prison sentence expires after the next presidential elections, which Putin is set to run for (all his publicity stunts - hunting whales with a crossbow in the Russian Far East, driving the Renault F1 car, etc. - have been tailored to give him a certain image of strength and machismo). Petrov, on the other hand, apparently knows Vladimir Putin personally.

#22 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 21:56

I loved it when that bit of (negative) publicity came out about Red Bull Cola. You'd only need to consume 12,000 litres in one go for it to have negative effect!

Cocaine is the least of the problems of that stuff.

#23 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:37

Tell that to Ecclestone.

The economic portion of society.

#24 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,787 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:52

Fernando Alonso should be more careful next time he feels to threaten Vitaly. That's for sure.  :p

#25 jals99

jals99

• 1,061 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 13:38

Alexandr Petrov prepares lawsuit to MTV3 for libel now. Petrov's family and friends were at a loss about this article. It has no grains of truth, connected with Petrov. So lets hope, that MTV3 'll be punished and next time will check all information carefully before writing such a stupid BS.

#26 Aleliz

Aleliz

• 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 14:44

Alexandr Petrov prepares lawsuit to MTV3 for libel now. Petrov's family and friends were at a loss about this article. It has no grains of truth, connected with Petrov. So lets hope, that MTV3 'll be punished and next time will check all information carefully before writing such a stupid BS.

The libel now costs much! :lol:

#27 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,820 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 16:53

In Soviet Russia, drugs and weapons deal you! :wave:

#28 jals99

jals99

• 1,061 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 18:08

MTV3 has now removed this article from their site.
A lawsuit has already started, and MTV3 could be in deep trouble for this BS :)

#29 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,501 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 19:09

People assume since the country is doing so much better it must be due to democracy, freedom and handguns.

Some people, not all people. I think the informed ones realize it is from their increasingly progressive economic structure. Some "people" might actually be Chinese, and not ethnic Euro-Americans like you may think.