Photo

BGP at Silverstone 2011 full weekend Questions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rob893

Rob893

• 23 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 20:28

So me and my dad are going all out and camping the whole weekend. Been the previous 3 years, at copse GA, Becketts and finally Stowe last year. I have a few questions specifically about the Friday and the Saturday.

How busy are the grandstands on the Friday? I would like to sit at a couple of corners throughout the day. Is it a case of get there early and grab your seat for the day or is there much more flexibility?

Secondly I would like to sit in the Pit Straight during qualifying. Again how early would I need to be there to be guranteed a seat? Is it another early morning seat grab?

Thanks in advance. :)

Advertisement

#2 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 21:09

Read the other threads, mate  ;)

#3 Rob893

Rob893

• 23 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 21:12

I did have a quick look :blush:

Will try again lol

#4 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 482 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:13

I did have a quick look :blush:

Will try again lol

Quick answer....

Friday - You won't have a problem moving round, i've never been turned away from any grandstand on a Friday.

Saturday - Not sure about opposite the pits as I never sat there, but they were turning people away at Becketts, so might be worth getting there about an hour before Qualy starts?

#5 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:47

Quick answer....

Friday - You won't have a problem moving round, i've never been turned away from any grandstand on a Friday.

Saturday - Not sure about opposite the pits as I never sat there, but they were turning people away at Becketts, so might be worth getting there about an hour before Qualy starts?

Roving Grandstand ticket is Friday only - you wont be able to sit in any other on Saturday - only the one you have the ticket for.......

#6 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 482 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:55

Roving Grandstand ticket is Friday only - you wont be able to sit in any other on Saturday - only the one you have the ticket for.......

I stand to be corrected, but I'm sure its a roving ticket on Saturday as well.

(assuming it is a grandstand ticket and not GA)

Edited by Murdoch, 29 June 2011 - 12:56.

#7 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,724 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:18

No it's not. Roving is Fri and Sat, it's only raceday that you can only use your assigned seat.

#8 AlanK

AlanK

• 105 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 16:26

If you have a GA ticket then roving grandstand is Friday only.
If you have a grandstand ticket then roving grandstand is both Friday and Saturday.

#9 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 19:47

Personally, I prefer Maggots /Becketts (really busy) and the hangar straight (not busy), both at ground level by the fence for Quali. Aim to be in the pit straight stands for practises. Good chance to see drivers coming out for a wave etc..

#10 Rob893

Rob893

• 23 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 20:28

Thanks for the replies guys

Cant wait :)

#11 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 00:38

Apparently, "Brit Floyd" are playing on the arena e-zone Sat evening. This may sound stupid but are they a Floyd tribute band?