Photo

Lost Reynard ID

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 webace

webace

• 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:00

Hi i have bought a reynard SF 87 FF2000 Chassis no [87F 004 ] and in Australia to log book this car we have to ID it where it raced and when i could not get much from the previous owner R Woodside IRELAND previous owner Dickie Curran from Co Down in Northern Ireland he raced it in FF 2000 championships. In 1990 prior to going to Ireland it was campagned in the Scottish FF2000 championship as this is not enough detail to get this car log booked HOPE some body could fill me in on more detail Thanks George Webber West Australia PS Do not know origional collor but now it is Irish GREEN

Advertisement

#2 Red Socks

Red Socks

• 617 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:36

It does seem to me that this enquiry makes the lack of pragmatism by the, or some of the, Australian Historic movement seem over zealous.

#3 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,228 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:03

There is certainly a high level of qualification required for Australian Historic Racing log books...

In many ways it is a good thing. Sometimes it does make things very difficult for the owner of the car, but that's not always the case. The onus is on the applicant to provide the information.

We don't get too many sham cars in our Historic racing, but there is certainly a trend to have cars here... like this one... that never raced here in period.

#4 Richard Young

Richard Young

• 85 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 15:00

Webace,
I think you have been trying to answer my pm, but all that comes back is my original ! Anyway, I have spoken to Mr Curran, a previous owner of your car and he is currently looking through his paperwork to try and identify the Scotsman who owned it before him. He believes the original colour was red. It certainly was red at one time, but I suspect the last owners treated it to new bodywork following an adventure at a hill climb.......

#5 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,577 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:59

The Woodside must be Robert Woodside who is a member of the Woodside family who have a haulage business in Northern Ireland. I am sure you will be able to find it on the interent and also sure they will help with the history of the car as the whole family are into motor sport in a big way. BTW the company colours are Green and White.

:wave:

#6 webace

webace

• 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 14:19

Webace,
I think you have been trying to answer my pm, but all that comes back is my original ! Anyway, I have spoken to Mr Curran, a previous owner of your car and he is currently looking through his paperwork to try and identify the Scotsman who owned it before him. He believes the original colour was red. It certainly was red at one time, but I suspect the last owners treated it to new bodywork following an adventure at a hill climb.......

Hi Richard thanks for your help i will look forward to what Mr curran has also if he could name a few of his races in this car Thanks again Richard George webber PS not the best on these gadgets [computers ] yes have been trying to get back to you