Zagato in the '50s

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 antonvrs

antonvrs

• 500 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 20:03

Hello all-
First I want to thank everyone who contributed information re my previous post about FIA rules in 1952.
My question for you this time is: who was the chief body designer at Zagato in the period 1950 - 1960?
Thanks in advance,
Anton

Advertisement

#2 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,531 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:50

Hello all-
First I want to thank everyone who contributed information re my previous post about FIA rules in 1952.
My question for you this time is: who was the chief body designer at Zagato in the period 1950 - 1960?
Thanks in advance,
Anton

Not at all sure, but in the absence of any other responses the company was still run at that time by the founder, Ugo Zagato, with his sons Elio and Gianni very actively involved. Elio was also a useful racing driver in his own right until suffering a serious accident in 1955. Gianni was deeply involved in design and project concepts.

DCN

#3 AntonyC

AntonyC

• 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 22:19

Not at all sure, but in the absence of any other responses the company was still run at that time by the founder, Ugo Zagato, with his sons Elio and Gianni very actively involved. Elio was also a useful racing driver in his own right until suffering a serious accident in 1955. Gianni was deeply involved in design and project concepts.

DCN

I think Ercole Spada was responsible at the end of the 50s...designing the SZ Coda Tronca Alfa and the OSCA 1600 Zagato Coupe. Not sure when he started though.