Photo

Vettel about "Dirty tricks"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#1 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:21

Sebastian Vettel praised his team after winning the drivers’ championship in Brazil and said he was happy they had not been distracted by “dirty tricks” during the year.

“It doesn’t really matter, you know, we weren’t really distracted by that, we just try to do our thing. I think throughout the season we tried to do that, stick to the rules that we know and I think that made the difference in the end.”

http://www.f1fanatic...11/25/vettel-4/

What does he call the Toro Rosso drivers giving up the moment they see him, then?

Advertisement

#2 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:29

Sebastian Vettel praised his team after winning the drivers’ championship in Brazil and said he was happy they had not been distracted by “dirty tricks” during the year.

“It doesn’t really matter, you know, we weren’t really distracted by that, we just try to do our thing. I think throughout the season we tried to do that, stick to the rules that we know and I think that made the difference in the end.”

http://www.f1fanatic...11/25/vettel-4/

What does he call the Toro Rosso drivers giving up the moment they see him, then?

Such an ungracious winner and loser.

#3 schubacca

schubacca

• 837 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:33

Such an ungracious winner and loser.

They talk as if crap like they experienced never happened tenfold at Ferrari during the MS-RB-JT era....

#4 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:44

Yeah, because Ferrari owned 2 teams and 4 cars to manipulate races, didn't they? :rolleyes:

Edited by Kingshark, 26 November 2012 - 19:44.

#5 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:45

It certainly did not pay of - for the losers. :lol:

#6 MrMontecarlo

MrMontecarlo

• 546 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:46

No idea what he's talking about. If anyone has made dirty tricks in this championship it has been Red Bull, so he'd better keep his mouth closed.

#7 spacekid

spacekid

• 3,143 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:48

What is Vettel talking about? I genuinely have no clue what he is referring to here. I'm aware there is some suspicion about Red Bulls flexing wing and exhausts still, which is all part of the fun of F1, but dirty tricks against Red Bull/Vettel? I'm genuinely mystified.

Anyone have some sensible insight into what finger boy might be going on about here?

#8 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:51

Anyone have some sensible insight into what finger boy might be going on about here?

Probably the Ferrari team orders in Italy, Korea and Brazil. Which I find quite rich since he has had four drivers working for him rather than just two.

#9 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 375 posts

What is Vettel talking about? I genuinely have no clue what he is referring to here. I'm aware there is some suspicion about Red Bulls flexing wing and exhausts still, which is all part of the fun of F1, but dirty tricks against Red Bull/Vettel? I'm genuinely mystified.

Maybe Ferrari crying for RB penalties every second race?

#10 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

He most likely refers to the gear box "change" in the US, but maybe also to all the silly mind games during the season like the "4 apex" thing or Alonso and Hamilton praising each other all the time and directly or indirectly downplaying Vettel's individual performance. It could also be the rule clarifications which certainly didn't help RB, although those are probably not "tricks". Another option could be that he considers some of the penalities to be harsh.

#11 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:54

Yeah, because Ferrari owned 2 teams and 4 cars to manipulate races, didn't they? :rolleyes:

yeah, toro rossos manipulated the hell out of every race at the back, while red bull being out front. :smoking:
ferrari should buy HRT so they can manipulate the races at the back as well.

#12 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:55

Who do you think received more useful help? Alonso from Massa or Vettel from Webber and the TR drivers?

I agree, however, that it's a bad thing that TR is paid more or less by RB. That shouldn't be the case and is not good for the sport.

#13 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:03

Who do you think received more useful help? Alonso from Massa or Vettel from Webber and the TR drivers?

I agree, however, that it's a bad thing that TR is paid more or less by RB. That shouldn't be the case and is not good for the sport.

Think you make mistakes in looking at what teams can do.

Ferrari apparently tales team tactics and implement it in a very well orchestrated style. We saw yesterday much more smooth race team working as one team. No surprise about it. It can be done. Any races previously made in the recent past never, IMHO, showed this level of accomplishments in terms of making team work as one.

But what STR and RBR is doing is somewhat different, IMHO. They are two separate teams, but owned by one owner. This One owner makes these two team function in exceptionally well coordinated system, say cartel forming...

#14 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:04

Having 2 drivers that jump out of the way whenever necessary, and 1 driver that is suppose to be equal but never has KERS isn't a big help?

#15 drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

• 325 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:13

Well of course he meant the gearbox change. If that's not a dirty trick then I don't know what I dirty trick is.

About this "Toro Rosso help": Don't be ridiculous, he never had a problem with passing other backmarkers either...

#16 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:24

Well of course he meant the gearbox change. If that's not a dirty trick then I don't know what I dirty trick is.

About this "Toro Rosso help": Don't be ridiculous, he never had a problem with passing other backmarkers either...

Except a certain "cucumber" :)

#17 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:31

Having 2 drivers that jump out of the way whenever necessary, and 1 driver that is suppose to be equal but never has KERS isn't a big help?

:lol: That was funny. :up:

#18 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:34

"stick to the rules that we know"

Good one! :lol:

It's true that they do sometimes need reminding.

#19 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:40

Guys - Vettel won the championship fair and square. I'm a little surprised at his "dirty tricks" comment - I mean - given Red Bull's history...

But, ultimately, who cares?

I'm an Alonso fan - but what's the point of trying to besmirch Vettel's achievement by focusing on something so petty? This thread is as bad as the one against Alonso that was closed recently (and destined, methinks, for the same end).

It's over. Congrats Seb and roll on 2013.

Advertisement

#20 fum3s

fum3s

• 470 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 22:57

Vettel is referring to the accusations of Red Bull having used "dirty tricks". He's made essentially the same comment earlier this year as well.
This thread is turning the meaning on its head.

#21 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:02

Well, I bet it was Ferrari screaming for the Hulkenberg drive-through the hardest towards Charlie last Sunday

Edited by F.M., 26 November 2012 - 23:02.

#22 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:20

Well, I bet it was Ferrari screaming for the Hulkenberg drive-through the hardest towards Charlie last Sunday

Yet Pat Fry of Ferrari was one of the first ones to say on camera that the "yellow flag" issue vis Seb and his supposedly illegal pass was a non starter. Go figure.

#23 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:22

Posted Image

:stoned:

#24 mcjohnson

mcjohnson

• 1,496 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:27

In Singapore Vettel was complaining to his team about simply being overtaken by a faster car (Hamilton, in the McLaren). Ungracious in success, disgraceful in defeat. I think he actually hurts from the amount of success that is attributed to Newey, and that the glory isn't entirely his.

It's a genuinely fair question; if you put him in a McLaren, would he be as quick as either Button or Hamilton? If you put him in a Lotus or Ferrari - would he be able to outperform the car like Kimi or Fernando have respectively done? There will always be this lingering bittersweet taste in his mouth that so much of his success is owed to the genius that is Newey, and the fact that he has - pretty much exclusively - the best engineer in F1 tailoring a car to suit exactly his driving style.

#25 paulesko

paulesko

• 136 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:34

Posted Image

It´s difficult to believe how someone can be so stupid, and say such a nonesense after winning. He may have 3 titles, but not my respect as a F1 fan, not anymore.

#26 Mc_Silver

Mc_Silver

• 5,387 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:47

Posted Image

What does he say there?

#27 Arska

Arska

• 947 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:49

Yeah, please don't translate that part of the italian article for us, we might actually understand some of it.

#28 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:54

"I would go to Ayrton's grave to tell him what his nephew did"

Edited by showtime, 26 November 2012 - 23:59.

#29 Mc_Silver

Mc_Silver

• 5,387 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:56

"I would go to Ayrton's grave to tell him what his niece did"

Thanks. If he really said, it is not good for sure. I understand his frustration and anger after Senna's big hit, he could have lost WDC there but these kind of words are not good for F1 and him.

Edited by Mc_Silver, 27 November 2012 - 00:01.

#30 fum3s

fum3s

• 470 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:58

nephew! Vettel is not being that rude. :)

#31 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:59

nephew! Vettel is not being that rude. :)

Sorry, my bad there.

#32 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:00

Well, assuming it is nephew and assuming he said it...

... however it is a very specific thing for someone to have made up.

#33 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:01

Really, Vettel should be saying "I will go to Ayrton's grave to apologize for punting his nephew...."

#34 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,145 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:01

"I would go to Ayrton's grave to tell him what his nephew did"

http://www.youtube.c...p;v=GAezVM-zzdQ

1:30 mark apparently.

#35 Absulute

Absulute

• 1,051 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:04

Wow, what a child he is.

He's got a lot of growing up to do.

#36 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:11

It´s difficult to believe how someone can be so stupid, and say such a nonesense after winning. He may have 3 titles, but not my respect as a F1 fan, not anymore.

:up: He never had my respect to start with, he's completely ungracious in defeat, unsporting when competing, and unbearably smug in victory. All this from a driver who'd be a nobody if he didn't have the best car. This latest outburst just reaffirms my thinking - thats why I was rooting for Alonso yesterday.....

#37 Absulute

Absulute

• 1,051 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:15

:up: He never had my respect to start with, he's completely ungracious in defeat, unsporting when competing, and unbearably smug in victory. All this from a driver who'd be a nobody if he didn't have the best car. This latest outburst just reaffirms my thinking - thats why I was rooting for Alonso yesterday.....

Even as a McLaren fan I was rooting for Alonso. Can you imagine!?

#38 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:16

Yes, I sure can :smoking:

#39 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:19

:D Me too!!! I nearly fell off my chair laughing at the posts a week ago suggesting McLaren might let Alonso through to a win.......

Advertisement

#40 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:27

Vettel drove into Senna twice in last 3 races and yet he is putting the blame on Bruno involving Ayrton in all of this crap?

I guess this thread will be locked soon, but here is my thumb down :down:

#41 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,351 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:44

you nailed it

#42 BoschKurve

BoschKurve

• 1,525 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:51

Thanks. If he really said, it is not good for sure. I understand his frustration and anger after Senna's big hit, he could have lost WDC there but these kind of words are not good for F1 and him.

Bruno didn't do anything wrong.

Vettel's problem is that he is so used to the Torro Rosso's scrambling to get out of his way that he thinks the entire field should. Even when he drives into someone, it's their fault according to him.

When he whined nonstop regarding the incident with Karthikeyan in Malaysia that was his fault, I lost all respect for him. He had the whole road rage thing going in full with the middle finger trying to chase down Karthikeyan too. What else is new though. He's a spoiled brat, and I find it best to not expect anything out of him as far as class goes. The comment about Bruno's late uncle is more garbage out of Vettel's mouth.

#43 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:55

The haters are in full swing. Just deal with it guys.

Anyway, at first I thought Vettel was talking about the gearbox changes, but I think he was actually going a bit deeper than that into stuff that isn't really known to the public.

#44 Absulute

Absulute

• 1,051 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:57

The haters

You can stop with that **** right now.

Someone can have a valid criticism of your precious without being a 'hater'

And that's something you have to deal with.

#45 Higli

Higli

• 262 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:57

The comment about Bruno's late uncle is more garbage out of Vettel's mouth.

It was the interviewer (RTL's Kai Ebel) that brought the "nephew of Ayrton" into play, not Sebastian.

#46 redbarron

redbarron

• 314 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12

I read an article this morning (sorry might have been Autosport) which alluded to him talking about the hounding of Red Bull over technical illegality ie. the Front Wing issues and ECU, Ferrari trying to get him penalised at Suzuka for blocking and something else I can't remember off the top of my head. I kind of thought it was funny he was complaining about Ferrari asking for penalties when I can think of at least two occasions he did the same during the Austin and Brazilian GP.

#47 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12

You can stop with that **** right now.

Someone can have a valid criticism of your precious without being a 'hater'

And that's something you have to deal with.

valid being the keyword, ofc.

#48 FerrariFanInTexas

FerrariFanInTexas

• 1,157 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:21

How funny. At Austin I was yelling for Hamilton. Strange season.

#49 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 2,375 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:30

So the internet-popes meet once again to demonize some potentially inappropriate comments of some driver(s), because they insulted the noble values, which they uphold day in day out without any misteps.

Thank god, there are so many "classy" people in here, cause in F1 there obviously not many of them, if i look around in the relevant threads...

#50 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:00

So the internet-popes meet once again to demonize some potentially inappropriate comments of some driver(s), because they insulted the noble values, which they uphold day in day out without any misteps.

Thank god, there are so many "classy" people in here, cause in F1 there obviously not many of them, if i look around in the relevant threads...

It should be a prerequisite that well known sportsmen uphold certain values, sportmanship being quite a good one..... Rightly therefore these 'sportsmen' are castigated if they fail to do so, and I don't see much much sportsmanship coming from Vettel, either on or off the track..... Say what you like about their behaviour off the track, but Alonso, Hamilton, Button, and Raikonnen - to name just four - do pretty good impersonations of sportsmanlike behaviour on track at least.

IMHO Vettel needs a couple of years or more in crappy cars where he can only dream of winning the WDC, he'd probably become a much more likable character.

Edited by wepmob2000, 27 November 2012 - 02:12.