Alonso v Raikkonen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:10

Posted Image

A good discussion to be had about this me thinks....

(BTW being lazy I haven't checked if there's a thread for this already)

Advertisement

#2 Jacobss

Jacobss

• 188 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:12

This thread is gonna explode. :wave:

This will turn into Raikkonen/Alonso bashing by fanboys.

I don't know why people even think that such threads can work? :lol:

#3 JeePee

JeePee

• 5,909 posts

Sometimes I feel bad being a Kimi fan.

#4 matthewf1

matthewf1

• 76 posts

One of these men doesn't care what anyone thinks.

The other guy cares SO SO SO SO much what other people think of him he feels the need to slag off his team to make himself look good at every opportunity.

#5 Jacobss

Jacobss

• 188 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:13

One of these men doesn't care what anyone thinks.

The other guy cares SO SO SO SO much what other people think of him he feels the need to slag off his team to make himself look good at every opportunity.

And so it begins.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacobss, 02 December 2012 - 19:14.

#6 Claudius

Claudius

• 5,228 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:15

I don't see anything wrong in comparing their respective first 3 years at Ferrari and see the simalarities and differences in their performances.
I know it will probably turn into a bashfest but the comparison is valid IMO.

#7 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:20

Two really good drivers. Never been team mates, I don't know how that would go.

#8 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 3,617 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:22

OK,Challenge accepted. :kiss:

F2007 and F2008 were superb cars,i would try to remember very hard to get ONE race with them being THIRD best car on the grid.

"Always" the best or second best car.

2009 was a mediocre car and Massa was ahead till the accident,later the team focused on Raikkonen and he became the new "king" of spa overtaking that force india to victory.

F10 a very good car,close third or second best car aguarbly and best Ferrari car Fernando Drove till this day.

2011 average car.

F2012 being third or fourth fastest car,reliable car for sure but no match on speed to RBR and Mclaren,Nano best year on F1.

Edited by Boxerevo, 02 December 2012 - 19:24.

#9 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:23

you know the problem is ... apart from 2005 and 2007 kimi didn't go head to head against alonso, there is no bad blood between them, they've never been team-mates and never crashed into each other. other than Die hard ferrari fans, i don't see any rational headed kimi fan give a sh*t about this topic. and after 2009 and whole kimi-ferrari-santander-LDM fiasco, i'll be hard pressed to find a lot of devoted kimi+ferrari fan TBH. i followed kimi to macca, ferrari and now lotus and my interest in those teams last as long as kimi will be there as with most kimi fans.

#10 darkkis

darkkis

• 898 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:24

Oh dear... This can't be good. :lol:

#11 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:28

OK,Challenge accepted. :kiss:

F2007 and F2008 were superb cars,i would try to remember very hard to get ONE race with them being THIRD best car on the grid.

"Always" the best or second best car. :rotfl:

2009 was a mediocre car and Massa was ahead till the accident,later the team focused on Raikkonen and he became the new "king" of spa overtaking that force india to victory.

F10 a very good car,close third or second best car aguarbly and best Ferrari car Fernando Drove till this day.

2011 mediocre car.

F2012 being third or fourth fastest car,reliable car for sure but no match on speed to RBR and Mclaren,Nano best year on F1.

and that's the starting point every Alonso fan will make ... :wave:

Posted Image screw you guys, i'm going home

Edited by eronrules, 02 December 2012 - 19:29.

#12 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,326 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:30

Unfair comparison. Raikkonen was at Ferrari when there was only McLaren as a rival, Alonso is at Ferrari when there's McLaren, Red Bull and sometimes Mercedes and Lotus.

Also, Raikkonen had world championship material in two of his three Ferrari years. Alonso has basically had only half a season, which was the second half of 2010.

#13 Puhoon

Puhoon

• 241 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:30

Posted Image

A good discussion to be had about this me thinks....

(BTW being lazy I haven't checked if there's a thread for this already)

Since podiums aren't listed in that image, I suspect that Alonso has more of them.

#14 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:34

Since podiums aren't listed in that image, I suspect that Alonso has more of them.

You bet. :D

Omitting it tells you everything you need to know about the 'artist'.

#15 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:35

Yes
Kimi had 26/52 = 50%
Alonso's had 33/58 = 57%

Which is just as meaningless a comparison as the rest of them.

#16 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:36

33 vs 26

#17 ZZei

ZZei

• 614 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:41

Unfair comparison. Raikkonen was at Ferrari when there was only McLaren as a rival, Alonso is at Ferrari when there's McLaren, Red Bull and sometimes Mercedes and Lotus.

Also, Raikkonen had world championship material in two of his three Ferrari years. Alonso has basically had only half a season, which was the second half of 2010.

Even alonso admitted the mac 2007 was the car to have for the championship. Almost no reliability issues and some knowledge of the ferrari car too. Could alonso have won atleat 1 wdc in ferrari. Very much possible, but on the other hand, raikkonen had a teammate who wasnt gonna dissapear once he saw kimi in his mirrors. Only way we will know if we put them on the same car with bot given equal support. Now we all now thats not gonna happen, and thats why we have threads like these.

#18 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,067 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:41

RC House Rules:

*Driver vs Driver threads:While threads which encourage debate such as pitching team mates against each other to compare performance or two drivers that have been involved in an incident are welcomed, threads which pitch two drivers against each other for no specific reason are not.

Therefore, closed.