* * * * * 1 votes

2013 Predictions

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47

Forgive me if this has already been started - I did a cursory check and didn't see a thread... soooooo.....

What's going to happen in 2013? I invite your educated guesses - and if this thread lasts long enough we can all laugh at each other's predictions much later.... I'll start - this is how I see the top ten of 2013 shaking out...

1) Alonso, Ferrari: I'm an Alonso fan and this might not be realistic - but if they can start with a better car I think he's in with a chance - heck - last year he was a Grosjean away from the title... and we saw how the car was at the start of LAST season. :p Don't get me wrong - I think it's a huge hill for him to climb, but I feel that if the car is there, or there-abouts, he'll be in with a shout.

2) Vettel, Red Bull: I just can't help but feel that you can never write Vettel off - I did last year. Several times. Heck - I'd even written him off in the last RACE... the Newey/Vettel combination is a hard one to beat.

3) Perez, McLaren: OK - I'm going out on a limb here, but I can't help but wonder if McLaren can't produce another stellar "Hamilton-like" year for the new guy. He was brilliant at times in the Sauber - the big question is whether he can be consistent.

4) Button, McLaren: I'm not putting him in 4th because I don't think he can perform - I think there will continue to be team screw-ups and that, fast as the McLaren will be, they'll have the odd problem... he may very well do it again though, and I admit that 4th may be a lowly placing for him. I've got Perez ahead on a wing and a prayer - not skill, wiles or work ethic.

5) Webber, Red Bull: Webber will have another solid year, but as ever he will be a little inconsistent and suffer the odd inconsistency. A great racer, but Vettel has the team by the short hairs.

6) Massa, Ferrari: I was tempted to put Massa higher, as, by the end of last season he appeared to be regaining form, and I think he could easily give the second drivers of the top teams a hard time - but in the same way that Vettel owns red Bull, Alonso owns Ferrari. Massa will have an uphill battle against him, and unless the car is stellar, he'll be relegated...

7) Raikonnen, Lotus: This guy amazes me. A bit like Ronnie Peterson - his idea of exercise appears to be lifting his legs out of bed - but when he's on, he's on. If Lotus can improve slightly he could shuffle up the table easily. I know that this is a bit down from last year's result - and this is not a reflection of my belief in Raikonnen's abilities - it is more a feeling that McLaren may have gotten it right and that Webber and Massa may be more consistent.

8) Hamilton, Mercedes: I'm not a big Hamilton fan, but I do respect his speed, and I think he'll be a good addition to the Mercedes team. As fast and committed as hamilton is though, I can't see him lifting the team much past 7th or 8th - unless the car has noticeable improvements. This isn't a shot at Hamilton - he's proved his worth - it's more an assessment of the Mercedes team.

9) Rosberg, Mercedes: I think that Rosberg has performed exceedingly well - many thought he'd be crushed by Schumacher, but he wasn't. I was tempted to put him above Hamilton but I'm not that much of a gambler - but - who knows?

10) Hulkenberg, Sauber: There are several I'd like to put in this spot - Maldonado, who is obviously fast if undisciplined, Grosjean, who is great on one day and a bowling ball the next, di Resta whom Autosport love with an un-natural persistence, but, no - for me, I think that last year Hulkenberg dragged a lot out of his car - and in the Sauber, if it is a good as last year, he can crack the top ten - for me.

So - what do YOU think? Have at 'er.

Advertisement

#2 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:57

AUS - VET
MAL - BUT
CHN - HAM
BAH - RAI
ESP - ALO
MON - WEB
CAN - PER
GBR - ALO
GER - WEB
HUN - VET
BEL - BUT
ITA - PER
SIN - VET
KOR - VET
JAP - BUT
IND - ALO
ABU - PER
USA - ALO
BRA - HUL (Rains, everyone crashes lalalalalala)

Alonso takes WDC.

Edited by Jimisgod, 15 February 2013 - 03:00.

#3 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:36

AUS - VET
MAL - BUT
CHN - HAM
BAH - RAI
ESP - ALO
MON - WEB
CAN - PER
GBR - ALO
GER - WEB
HUN - VET
BEL - BUT
ITA - PER
SIN - VET
KOR - VET
JAP - BUT
IND - ALO
ABU - PER
USA - ALO
BRA - HUL (Rains, everyone crashes lalalalalala)

Alonso takes WDC.

Well - that's not the format I expected - but I applaud the bravery of your race by race prediction! :clap:

I especially appreciate the "everyone crashes lalalalala...".

I don't, however, think that Mercedes will win China twice on the trot, or that Vettel will win in Aus - that's Button territory...

Gutsy prediction though!

#4 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:37

VET
PER
RAI
WEB
BUT
ALO
MAS
BOT
HAM
ROS
HUL
SUT (down two for BIA)
MAL
DIR
GRO

#5 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:40

VET
PER
RAI
WEB
BUT
ALO
MAS
BOT
HAM
ROS
HUL
SUT (down two for BIA)
MAL
DIR
GRO

I don't see Webber beating Alonso unless the ferrari is a real dog - but I appreciate your putting Bottas into the top ten - I was tempted to do so too, but decided I had to see him in the car first...

#6 bass6

bass6

• 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03

Very surprised people are putting Perez above Button. A virtual rookie in a new, demanding team, lots to learn and relationships to build. Like last year I think Perez will have flashes of brilliance but also quite a few brain fades and over the season I'd expect Jenson to be comfortably ahead.

I've got a feeling the new McLaren's gonna be a monster and I think moving the downforce rearward on the McLaren and the new tyres are gonna suit Button, and so:

1. Button
2. Vettel
3. Alonso
4. Kimi
5. Webber
6. Perez
7. Massa
8. Hamilton
9. Rosberg
10. The Hulk

#7 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:08

Very surprised people are putting Perez above Button. A virtual rookie in a new, demanding team, lots to learn and relationships to build. Like last year I think Perez will have flashes of brilliance but also quite a few brain fades and over the season I'd expect Jenson to be comfortably ahead.

I've got a feeling the new McLaren's gonna be a monster and I think moving the downforce rearward on the McLaren and the new tyres are gonna suit Button, and so:

1. Button
2. Vettel
3. Alonso
4. Kimi
5. Webber
6. Perez
7. Massa
8. Hamilton
9. Rosberg
10. The Hulk

I don't disagree - as I said - Perez ahead with a "wing and a prayer". Without mishap or circumstance i would expect Button to beat him. But I wonder if the Mclaren will be as stonking as it appears - it looked that was last year too....

#8 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:11

1. Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Kimi
4. Button
5. Hamilton
6. Webber
7. Massa
8. Rosberg
9. Perez
10. Hulk

Kinda Have a feeling that the field will bunch up even more and McLaren wont have a complete handle on reliability. I wholly expect Seb, Kimi, Fernando, and Lewis to have virtually perfect seasons only to be let down by their teams.

#9 bass6

bass6

• 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:24

I don't disagree - as I said - Perez ahead with a "wing and a prayer". Without mishap or circumstance i would expect Button to beat him. But I wonder if the Mclaren will be as stonking as it appears - it looked that was last year too....

Indeed, and the Mac was the fastest car on many occasions last season. Lewis drove brilliant and really shoud have got the WDC but was let down by poor reliability and poor pit stops and strategy from the team. Jenson took himself out of contention with his set up 'black hole' (in my view this was caused by not understanding last year's Pirellis and Jenson's smooth style meaning he couldn't get heat into the front tyre before the rears were blown), but I think the new tyres will suit Button better. The team has massively improved it's pit stops, but reliability???

Anyway it's all pure conjecture mixed with a little wishful thinking, a fun thread to fill the time before Melbourne.

#10 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:38

My humble opinion and prediction on who will win each race next season.

AUS - Button
MAL - Alonso
CHN - Hamilton
BAH - Vettel
ESP - Perez
MON - Rosberg
CAN - Button
GBR - Alonso
GER - Webber
HUN - Vettel
BEL - Raikkonen
ITA - Alonso
SIN - Grosjean
JAP - Vettel
KOR - Alonso
IND - Vettel
ABU - Perez
USA - Massa
BRA - Hulkenberg

All in all, both Alonso and Vettel win four races, with Alonso edging out in the championship. Button and Perez both win two each. Webber and Massa one each. Hulkenburg wins on his favorite circuit, and Raikkonen on his. Mercedes will get off to a cracking season start with both drivers winning one race each out of the first six, and then diminishing into insignificance as usual. Lastly, Grosjean will win in Singapore, just a feeling.

#11 paulogman

paulogman

• 2,642 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:44

alonso wins the title

maldonado wins monaco

#12 Lone

Lone

• 1,122 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:36

1) Räikkonen
2) Button
3) Alonso
4) Vettel
5) Massa
6) Webber
7) Perez
8) Grosjean
9) Rosberg
10) Hulkenberg
---------------------
11) Hamilton

#13 done

done

• 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:53

i am 100% sure about the top 6 teams:

1-ferrari
2-redbull
3-mclaren
4-lotus
5-sauber
6-mercedes

#14 Velocifer

Velocifer

• 736 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:11

1. Button
2. Vettel
3. Alonso
4. Webber
5. Perez
6. Raikkonen
7. Massa
8. Grosjean
9. Rosberg
10. Hamilton

#15 BlackCat

BlackCat

• 945 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:00

counting GP-s:
Button 5
Räikkönen 4
Perez 3
Vettel 3
Alonso 2
Weber 2

having lost 5th to Williams, Merc leaves as a factory team and continues as engine provider only...

#16 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:02

Well - that's not the format I expected - but I applaud the bravery of your race by race prediction! :clap:

I especially appreciate the "everyone crashes lalalalala...".

I don't, however, think that Mercedes will win China twice on the trot, or that Vettel will win in Aus - that's Button territory...

Gutsy prediction though!

Merc has always been good in China. But I can't see them do anything but fall behind in the development race, so I think Lewis will need to take his "shock win" early in the year.

Not really brave, it's a safe bet that McLaren, Ferrari and RBR will win almost everything. Lotus and Mercedes might get a scant win by virtue of their good drivers (Kimi and Lewis). Hulkenberg is the risk, but he is always surprising in Brazil.

#17 stairpotato

stairpotato

• 673 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:10

counting GP-s:
having lost 5th to Williams, Merc leaves as a factory team and continues as engine provider only...

There's not a chance that Mercedes will quit F1 before they've had a go at the new regulations in 2014 - there's too much potential for a massive step forward to pull out....

...that being said - if they stuff it up in 2014 - I can't imagine them being around in 2015.

Anyways - just for fun:

1 - Button
2 - Alonso
3 - Raikkonen
4 - Vettel
5 - Perez
6 - Massa
7 - Hamilton
8 - Rosberg

Webber will acrimoniously leave Red Bull mid way through season.

#18 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:16

OK - as an informal poll (early on) we have:

Alonso for WDC : 3
Button for WDC : 2
Raikonnen for WDC : 1
Vettel for WDC: 1

Early days, but I'm surprised that there is not more support for Vettel - after all - he's won 3 on the trot and has to be the favourite coming in... or is there a feeling of some sort of "anti-chance" online for him?

#19 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:22

Early days, but I'm surprised that there is not more support for Vettel - after all - he's won 3 on the trot and has to be the favourite coming in... or is there a feeling of some sort of "anti-chance" online for him?

We pretend our little delusions affect reality. :kiss:

Advertisement

#20 Mc_Silver

Mc_Silver

• 5,386 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:23

AUS - BUT
MAL - PER
CHN - HAM
BAH - VET
ESP - WEB
MON - PER
CAN - PER
GBR - ALO
GER - BUT
HUN - VET
BEL - BUT
ITA - PER
SIN - VET
KOR - VET
JAP - BUT
IND - VET
ABU - PER
USA - VET
BRA - BUT

1. Vettel
2. Button
3. Alonso
4. Perez
5. Webber
6. Raikkonen
7. Massa
8. Hamilton
9. Grpsjean
10. Rosberg

Constructors

1. McLaren
2. Red Bull
3. Ferrari
4. Lotus
5. Mercedes

Edited by Mc_Silver, 15 February 2013 - 13:37.

#21 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:29

We pretend our little delusions affect reality. :kiss:

:lol:

Perhaps I should have asked for 2 predictions - what you HOPE will happen but also what you EXPECT will happen... my prediction has as much to do with the former than the latter...

#22 caso

caso

• 169 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:35

1. Vettel
2. Button
3. Alonso
4. Räikkönen
5. Perez
6. Massa
7. Rosberg
8. Webber
9. Hamilton
10. HĂĽlkenberg

Constructors

1. McLaren
2. Ferrari
3. Infiniti-Red Bull
4. Mercedes
5. Lotus

It is really hard to predict anything this season. At this stage it looks as if several cars could be in the mix
(Only the McLaren seems to have a small edge over the others). Personell-wise it looks also very good. I think regarding
the quality of the driving we'll see a big gap between the first 10/11 drivers, who are all possible race winners, and the last
quarter of the grid.

Edited by caso, 15 February 2013 - 15:25.

#23 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 869 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:41

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Button
4. Massa
5. Webber
6. Raikonnen
7. Perez
8. Hamilton
9. Rosberg
10. Hulkenberg

Maybe i'm a little optimistic with Massa but i expect the Ferrari to be the top car regularely this year. Vettel ahead of Alonso is what i hope for but wouldn't be completely surprised if this year is Alonso's year eventually. I think it will be a tight championship again at the top.

#24 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:44

Despite cheering for Vettel I give my honest bet, which was already wrong last year but I bet:

#1 will be Button
#2 Vettel
#3 Alonso
#4 Webber
#5 HĂĽlkenberg
#6 Raikönnen
#7 Rosberg
#8 Hamilton
#9 Perez
#10 Grosjean

this is my honest bet.... :p but.... not sorted by who I like most but by what I think will happen but I possibly be quite wrong

Edited by Sin, 15 February 2013 - 13:45.

#25 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:51

After 1 week of testing:

Top 6 teams all reasonably close.
Alonso, Vettel and Button will fight for the title.
Button edges Alonso in the end.
Ferrari take constructors.

After 2 weeks of testing: (I'll return to edit this post)

Basically fairly confident with my initial guess
I think red bull, Ferrari, lotus and mclaren are all on a par with merc and Williams a tiny bit behind.
Alonso now my favourite for the title.

Edited by Rinehart, 28 February 2013 - 00:08.

#26 prty

prty

• 8,436 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 13:56

1. Raikkonen
2. Vettel
3. Button/Perez
4. Alonso/Massa
5. Hamilton/Rosberg

I think Renault engine cars have an advantage with the current regulations.

Would be happy to get it wrong though.

Edited by prty, 15 February 2013 - 13:58.

#27 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 14:02

Team mate battle victories.

Vettel
Alonso
Perez
Grosjean
Hamilton
Hulkenberg
Sutil
Maldonado
Ricciardo
Pic
Razia

#28 mclarennut

mclarennut

• 480 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 14:03

1. Button
2. Alonso
3. Raikkonen
4. Vettel
5. Webber
6. Grosjean
7. Massa
8. Hamilton
9. Perez
10. Rosberg

#29 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 14:11

Vettel is my favourite to win the WDC, but I didn't consider that spectacular enough to post it here. :p

#30 mastermind

mastermind

• 45 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 14:21

WDC:

1) Button
2) Alonso
3) Vettel
4) Räikkönen
5) Perez
6) Hamilton
7) Massa
8) Webber
9) Rosberg
10) Hulkenberg

WCC:

1) McLaren
2) Ferrari
3) RBR
4) Lotus
5) Mercedes

Edited by mastermind, 15 February 2013 - 14:21.

#31 fullthrottle

fullthrottle

• 489 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 14:24

1. Vettel
2. Raikkonen
3. Alonso
4. Button
5. Webber
6. Hamilton
7. Massa
8. Grosjean
9. Perez
10. Rosberg

Edited by fullthrottle, 15 February 2013 - 14:24.

#32 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 15:11

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Button
4. Webber
5. Räikkönen
6. Grosjean
7. Perez
8. Massa
9. Hamilton
10. Rosberg

#33 AM14

AM14

• 26 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 15:15

WDC:
1) Button
2) Vettel
3) Alonso
4) Perez
5) Raikkonen
6) Massa
7) Webber
8) Hamilton
9 ) Hulkenberg
10) Rosberg

WCC:
1) McLaren
2) Red Bull
3) Ferrari
4) Mercedes
5) Lotus
6) Sauber
7) Williams
8) Force India
9) Torro Rosso
10) Marussia
11) Caterham

Some other predictions:
- Hamilton will win two races this year.
- Perez will become the next new race winner in Monaco.
- Hulkenberg will also win his first race this year (or at least have a few podiums).
- Williams and Force India will also manage a couple of podiums, but no race wins.

#34 Juggles

Juggles

• 902 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 17:13

WDC - I think the stars are aligning for Button. I can't see McLaren having such a bad year in terms of reliability and race operations, the tyres will suit him more and he no longer has to beat Hamilton in the same car. In terms of pace McLaren has been gaining on Red Bull every season since the new regulations in 2009. Also I understand they were able to switch focus to 2013 earlier than Red Bull or Ferrari. So all in all Button is my favourite for the title.

I would be willing to bet that the top three in the WDC will be made up of Button, Vettel and Alonso.

I think if Hamilton wins a race this season it will be in Monaco. It's early(ish) in the season so Mercedes won't have fallen behind in the development race too badly and downforce is less decisive than elsewhere. Rosberg will beat Hamilton more often than Button did in qualifying but Rosberg will be less of a threat than Button was in race trim.

Mercedes will take fourth place in the WCC from Lotus.

Perez will disappoint.

#35 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,781 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 17:15

WDC - I think the stars are aligning for Button. I can't see McLaren having such a bad year in terms of reliability and race operations, the tyres will suit him more and he no longer has to beat Hamilton in the same car. In terms of pace McLaren has been gaining on Red Bull every season since the new regulations in 2009. Also I understand they were able to switch focus to 2013 earlier than Red Bull or Ferrari. So all in all Button is my favourite for the title.

I would be willing to bet that the top three in the WDC will be made up of Button, Vettel and Alonso.

I think if Hamilton wins a race this season it will be in Monaco. It's early(ish) in the season so Mercedes won't have fallen behind in the development race too badly and downforce is less decisive than elsewhere. Rosberg will beat Hamilton more often than Button did in qualifying but Rosberg will be less of a threat than Button was in race trim.

Mercedes will take fourth place in the WCC from Lotus.

Perez will disappoint.

i agree with a lot of this but also see Williams struggling again, i know they finished in a lowly spot last year but they had pace, they will struggle for pace IMHO.

#36 Les

Les

• 2,116 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 17:34

I think the championship is between Vettel, Alonso and Button this year. Perez might take a win or two when inspired but Button will be the team-leader here. Massa won't win unless in the unlikely case that Ferrari are totally dominant. The Webber-Vettel pairing will pan out pretty much the same way it has for the past couple of years. I think its a big test for Rosberg against Hamilton and I suspect he's finally going to be found out, Hamilton will destroy him. His best chance for a race win will be early in the season. Oh I forgot about Kimi, how the hell can I forget about Kimi? Well again he could possibly push for the championship if Renault - sorry Lotus build a good car. I get the feeling even if they did challenge they would fall short on the development front at the end though.

#37 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,336 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 17:36

1. Vettel
2. Button
3. Alonso
4. Hamilton
5. Webber
6. PĂ©rez
7. Raikkonen
8. Massa
9. Rosberg
10. Grosjean

Top 10 looks pretty much settled between the five topteams. Don't see a Sauber or Williams driver sneak into the top ten really.

#38 CrashPad

CrashPad

• 475 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 18:11

I'm gonna go in guns blazing and claim that every team to score points will also score a podium :smoking:

#39 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 5,848 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 18:28

1. Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Button
4. Massa
5. Webber
6. Raikkonen
7. Grosjean
8. Rosberg
9. Hamilton
10 Hulkenberg
11 Perez
12 Sutil
13 DiResta

Advertisement

#40 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 18:34

Button WDC
Alonso 2nd
Vettel 3rd

AUS - Button
MAL - Button
CHN - Perez
BAH - Alonso
ESP - Grosjean
MON - Hamilton
CAN - Hamilton
GBR - Webber
GER - Alonso
HUN - Vettel
BEL - Button
ITA - Button
SIN - Vettel
JAP - Button
KOR - Vettel
IND - Alonso
ABU - Button
USA - Vettel
BRA - Perez

Making this was crazy and fried my brain. :drunk:

#41 ed24f1

ed24f1

• 1,201 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 18:44

My WDC Top 10:

Vettel
Alonso
Button
Massa
Raikkonen
Webber
Perez
Hamilton
Grosjean
Rosberg

#42 JeanTodt86

JeanTodt86

• 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 19:46

It is going to be a tricky season, but, I think that Ferrari and Alonso could be the winers this year.
Because, Ferrari is very good vhen they drive evolution of the last year car. That could be their big chanse this year.

#43 GT Racing Online Magazine

GT Racing Online Magazine

• 832 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 21:00

Vettel
Alonso
Raikkonen
Button
--
Webber
Hamilton
Grosjean
Perez
Rosberg
Massa
Hulk

#44 charly0418

charly0418

• 3,289 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 22:03

How are people predicting a 9th or below place for Perez when he finished 10th with a Sauber and having a so-so season. Lol

Edited by charly0418, 16 February 2013 - 00:51.

#45 dhill39

dhill39

• 426 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 22:08

How are people predicting a 9th or above place for Perez when he finished 10th with a Sauber and having a so-so season. Lol

Because he's in a better car,even if he just drive without doing anything flashy,just by being in that car,he should score decent points.

#46 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,336 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 22:08

How are people predicting a 9th or above place for Perez when he finished 10th with a Sauber and having a so-so season. Lol

He's driving a McLaren. With a McLaren looking good he'll have no problems finishing in the top six really.

Edited by DutchQuicksilver, 15 February 2013 - 22:14.

#47 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 22:16

:rotfl: Because he's in a McLaren now, or is this news to you?

#48 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 22:58

1.Vettel
1.Alonso
1.Raikkonen
1.Button
--
5.Webber
6.Perez
7.Grosjean
8.Massa
9.Rosberg
10.Hamilton

#49 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 1,667 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 00:02

1st: Alonso
2nd: Vettel
3rd: Webber
4th: Button
5th: Massa

AUS - Webber
MAL - Alonso
CHN - Vettel
BAH - Alonso
ESP - Webber
MON - Webber
CAN - Hamilton
GBR - Alonso
GER - Vettel
HUN - Vettel
BEL - Vettel
ITA - Button
SIN - Vettel
JAP - Button
KOR - Alonso
IND - Alonso
ABU - Button
USA - Hamilton
BRA - Alonso

Hamilton wins twice, but cant muster consistency at other races due to the Mercedes' tendency to .... err.... expire. Thoroughly trounces Rosberg.

Webber to be leading the WDC up to Germany, but Vettel to get on his usual run of wins only to go cold-ish late in the season as Alonso and Ferrari finally max the development of their car and take the title in Brazil. Webber to hold on for a distant third, narrowly edging the fast-finishing Button.

Massa to get a bunch of 3rds and 4ths to edge Hamilton for fifth.

Edited by NotSoSilentBob, 16 February 2013 - 00:11.

#50 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 00:05

Well - I guess I shouldn't have said anything! The Vettel fanciers are out with a vengeance now... :wave:

My new (and quickly tabulated therefore prone to slight error) total has it this way -

11 see Vettel as the next WDC.
9 see Button as the next WDC.
Alonso has sunk to 4 people supporting him to become WDC, and
Raikonnen has doubled his support, but sits on 2 bids.

Seems the "team-mate" pecking order is well established - no bids for Webber, Perez, Massa or Grosjean, and I'm kind of surprised that Hamilton hasn't been put in as a long shot by someone...

I'm impressed by those putting in race by race winners -that takes more thought than I was going to expend...