Photo

GP Library

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 eaglefan

eaglefan

• 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 17:34

Does anyone know how to access or purchase photos from GP Library ?

The website was last updated in July 1999, and it's impossible to view any of the image galleries, or get a reply from the enquiries email address.

I regularly see GP Library images in magazines and books, and find it very frustrating that I can't view their photo archives.

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 18:04

The GP Library archive, along with several others, is available for viewing and purchase on the Motorgraphs site:

http://www.motorgraphs.com/

#3 eaglefan

eaglefan

• 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 18:32

The GP Library archive, along with several others, is available for viewing and purchase on the Motorgraphs site:

http://www.motorgraphs.com/

Thanks Tim.

#4 MarkWhitelock

MarkWhitelock

• 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:02

I have also been trying to locate the GP Library.  I have tried 'motorgraphs' but there is nothing on their web site to suggest a link to GP Library.  Have I gone wrong somewhere?

#5 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,534 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 18:07

Various things have changed with regard to GPL and the internet presentation of some of our archive over which neither my colleagues nor I have very much control.  We have been very remiss in keeping an eye on it all, because it's a hobby, not a business, and largely because yrs trly couldn't run a ---- up in a brewery because my attention is very much elsewhere 95 per cent of the time.  If you want some photos from us just send me an e-mail or a PM here and I will try to assist.  We have around 1.8-million images within our files, dating from 1902 to 2002 - and within sensible limits are very happy to share them.  It's just that we are NOT very good at this IT malarkey...and we have many other more pressing demands upon our time.

In short, GPL is not your usual photo library.

Sorry about that.

DCN

#6 MarkWhitelock

MarkWhitelock

• 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 16:03

Doug - don't talk to me about IT.  Nevertheless, I should like to contact you/GP Library but the system says you are not accepting PMs and I don't have your e-mail address.

I am looking for illustrations on a book about the Lotus 18.

Yours etc., etc.

MW

#7 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,534 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 16:27

Sorry Mark - I meant PM me here or email me via this place.

DCN

#8 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,872 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 22:24

Doug, it's possible your TNF pm limit is full. I tried to pm you a couple of months ago (now forgotten why), but wasn't able to. Mark has probably experienced the same problem.

Stephen

#9 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,534 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 13:09

Ah - quite possible. I never understand how to manage these things. I'll have a look right now.  Apologies.

DCN

#10 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,215 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 19:08

Ditto to contacting you Doug (and I do know why, but the query has since been solved) - I thought you might be in your curmudgeonly mode temporarily so I thought no more of it!

#11 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,534 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 21:44

Curmudgeonly?!!!!

DCN