Photo

F1 Racing +

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Incal

Incal

• 380 posts

Posted 19 July 1999 - 21:24

I posted the following query in the readers forum, but this is clearly the site for this. The Official Formula 1 Racing by EIDOS appears not to have any braking markers. I don't know about any one else but I find it impossible to get a clean lap. Most everything else about this game appears to be quite good, but not much fun when you constantly blow your braking.
As far as racing simulators for PC goes it is hard to beat TOCA 2. Does anyone know of a F1 game of TOCA 2 quality.

Advertisement

#2 SalutGilles

SalutGilles

• 2,149 posts

Posted 20 July 1999 - 11:56

I've no idea what game you're talking about, but F1 97CE doesn't have braking markers, and it's just fine.

Why don't you set the brake assist for a few laps, and when you get the hang of the braking points, you can just remember them.

#3 Incal

Incal

• 380 posts

Posted 20 July 1999 - 07:40

Thanks, I shall keep on and maybe even excercise more patience. The game is distributed by Eidos interactive, released this year based on the 98 season.

#4 Incal

Incal

• 380 posts

Posted 20 July 1999 - 07:41

Thanks, I shall keep on and maybe even excercise more patience. The game is distributed by Eidos interactive, released this year based on the 98 season.

#5 Frans MSH

Frans MSH

• 3,704 posts

Posted 20 July 1999 - 07:45

Hi Incal, you like TOCA2, yes it is indeed grapicly very good, and the respons of the car is also great, and don't to forget the sounds, competition is also there, because the AI of the other cars is very good also.

And yes there is [only one at the moment] Formula One game on the PC who wipes the floor with aLL other F1 games available.

Even with GP2 to be honnest.

The name is: Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2 from Ubisoft. It's the sequel to F1-Racing from Ubisoft's 1996 season racer. [official names and teams]

Sadly the 2nd game doesn't have the licence to use then real names and teams. But don't worry. you can download EVERY season and car you like in the game, and you can edit the names yourself and you have an EXTREMELY REAL LOOKING F1 simulator. [simulator, not "game", don't forget it.]

It's the best available if you are into REAL realistic racing. [many spins and crashes]

Try it, you will SURELY don't be disapointed! PromiseD! :)

Kind regards,

------------------
This message was written by Frans Bijkerk. Webmaster of Welcome.to/Anti-Schumacher.com
Come.to/F1Babes
and Drive.to/Anti-FIA

-------------------------
"Formula One isn't just a sport, it's a way of life...."

#6 Nikolas Garth

Nikolas Garth

• 12,019 posts

Posted 20 July 1999 - 21:35

Frans,
Do you think Monaco Grand Prix is any better than F1RS. I played a demo of Monaco Grand Prix and the "physics" of the game and the graphics don't seem any better.

I think either one would be a great choice.

With F1RS you get the Estoril track, with Monaco Grand Prix you get Austria, otherwise the tracks are the same.

What's your take on this Frans?

#7 ChessNH

ChessNH

• 220 posts

Posted 22 July 1999 - 09:05

Hi All,
Just a comment on the Edios F1 game.
Some of the tracks have markers although your right, most don't. You have to drive the tracks a few times to find the right downshift points. Has anyone tried the game with out any assistance and on expert? it's kind of like driving on ice, but when you do put a good lap together it's pretty awesome. I own both the F1RS from Ubisoft and believe it's an excellent program, but I would like to compare some lap times with you folks on the expert setting.

Let me know what you think,
Cheers