Photo

Any F1-simulator which runs in NT4.0

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bishopper

Bishopper

• 13 posts

Posted 22 July 1999 - 14:30

I just wonder if anyone knows F1-simulator which runs in NT4.0? I had before a GP2, but as you all know it needs DOS-boot. If you have good suggestions, please wite it down!

Advertisement

#2 bira

bira

• 13,359 posts

Posted 22 July 1999 - 17:37

I had F1RS run on my NT not too long ago. Seemed to work just fine.

#3 f1nut

f1nut

• 131 posts

Posted 23 July 1999 - 10:01

I heard that someone wrote a plugin for GP legends that allows nt play but you have to use keyboard. I'll try to track it down. I've also seen GP legends for sale for under $20 CDN at price club.

#4 f1nut

f1nut

• 131 posts

Posted 23 July 1999 - 10:40

It was actually an official patch for the game. It can be downloaded from The Apex Grand Prix Legends HQ ( I don't know how to past the address in here ). If you go to the downloads section you will find a bunch of different ver 1.1 pathes depending on what country you live in. This patch also fixes a ton of bugs in the software and may even give you better default settings. I just downloaded it and am planning on trying it out. They also have an unofficial patch for opengl cards which may be handy for some.
I'll keep you posted.

#5 f1nut

f1nut

• 131 posts

Posted 24 July 1999 - 23:18

I've checked out both of these patches and they are simple to implement. The 1.1 patch seems to work fine but I had some trouble with the opengl patch. It playable but was dropping some textures at times although this may have been my graphics card drivers causing this. The 1.1 patch doesn't seem to make it any easier to drive although adopting a custom setup may be the solution to this.