Photo

Ubisoft's Monaco Grand Prix on PlayStation?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 F1razor

F1razor

• 907 posts

Posted 23 July 1999 - 03:14

Anyone played it yet? How does it rate?

Advertisement

#2 SalutGilles

SalutGilles

• 2,149 posts

Posted 23 July 1999 - 10:48

I bought it...but returned it a week later.

As far as the car goes, it it the best I've ever played. The feel is outstanding, and everything is adjustable, from the gear ratios to ride height.

the teams are al made up, but you can change all the names, and the colours so they look fairly decent.

The drivers names are imaginary, but it's easy to tell which team is which. Team 6 has drivers named Darren Mill and R. Hansfagger.

The tracks looked too cheesy for me, though, the whole game had a Sega sort of look to it...Sega 1991

That wouldn't be so bad, but I kept forgetting where on the track I was...very annoying.

So, in conclusion, I'm waiting for F199 from Psygnosis.

#3 SalutGilles

SalutGilles

• 2,149 posts

Posted 23 July 1999 - 10:49

Oh!

But the greatest thing about the game were the other cars. They were actually clever, both keeping you at bay, and getting past. That was a breath of fresh air

#4 Ivan

Ivan

• 6,646 posts

Posted 24 July 1999 - 00:24

Salut,
I just read a horrible review on this at gamecenter.com.
Does anyone have the N64 F1 yet? If so how is it?
I hope the team that made F1'97 CE will be making the F1'99. Even though Psygnosis put out '98 the design team was different.

#5 The Jauques Man

The Jauques Man

• 142 posts

Posted 25 July 1999 - 21:34

The original design team for Psygnosis F1 and F1 97 CE was Bizzare Creations who are now contracted by Dreamscape for it's soon to be released system.